PDA

View Full Version : I'm diggin the current bad-ass Sting

LewisTheTruest
06-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I think he's been much more interesting lately.
His look goes well with the heel persona.
This is the first successful heel run I've seen for him.
Agree, disagree?
What are your thoughts.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't watch much TNA.
I've never been too much of a fan of Sting.
He's always been a better face than heel.
I can't weigh in much more.
I like pizza.

Jeritron
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I actually haven't seen any TNA since they moved back to Thursdays. I wasn't a big fan of Sting's random heel turn before that though. Having him and Hogan taking the spotlight after beating down on RVD's debut probably influenced those feelings though

Innovator
06-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Sting can't cut a heel promo, never asks heel, will still slap the fans hands on the way to the ring. Horrible.

James Steele
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I have enjoyed Sting's heel run, but it is hard to consider him a heel when the iMPACT! Zone cheers him on and sells like crazy when the faces attack him.

Steveviscious89
06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Well....regardless of what others here may think, I feel the majority of people watching TNA agree with this. It is by far the best heel run he has had, if you can even call it a heel run. Really, he has been acting like a heel, but no one really considers him to be a bad guy. The storyline is focused on why he has been bahaving the way he has, not on how much of a bad guy he is. I think this has been used as way to dredge up the history between him and Hogan and how they have handled their careers differently, and naturally as a result he would have to be against the faces.

Steveviscious89
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM
One more thing...the way they have portrayed him has been very consistent and obvious. Attacking people with the bat and sneaking up from behind has made him seem like a threat. This is completely different than what WCW tried to do with him back in the middle of '99.

Rollermacka
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I enjoy heel Sting and I wouldnt "hate" the idea of him winning the title at the next PPV. I think that even though he isnt in as great of shape as he was before he took time off, I'd enjoy seeing heel Sting hold the title for awhile again.

The Pope
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
The heel turn is awesome, it freshens his act a bit.

tjmidnight420
06-05-2010, 12:28 AM
From reading the posts in this thread he's still having the same problem as he did in '99: Nobody's buying a Sting heel turn.

Skippord
06-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Actually he's doing pretty well with it

tjmidnight420
06-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Hadn't been watching TNA lately. I only meant the fans were still cheering for him, as that's pretty much what alot of the posts say.

Skippord
06-05-2010, 01:52 AM
I usually fast forward through a lot of TNA but they seemed to be booing a lot yesterday

LewisTheTruest
06-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Crowds chant 'why sting why' as in they want to cheer him coz he's Sting but he is playing dirty right now. As for the high fives on the way to the ring... that is NOT happening. He doing a great job. Plus his alignment makes sense in kayfabe. Hates Hogan, respects Ric, therefore he's on the heel side.

Fox
06-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Sting was my first favorite wrestler when I was a kid. He needs to leave that sinking ship known as TNA and finish his awesome career in the WWE.

LewisTheTruest
06-05-2010, 04:50 AM
Sting was my first favorite wrestler when I was a kid. He needs to leave that sinking ship known as TNA and finish his awesome career in the WWE.

:nono:
Sting with a blow-up bat just wouldn't be the same.

erickman
06-05-2010, 06:21 AM

i like that he never worked for the e, but i do want to see him get into vinces hall of fame next year. if he does go to wwe next year i want to see him cost taker his streak an have him help a young heel get the win.

tjmidnight420
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
i like that he never worked for the e, but i do want to see him get into vinces hall of fame next year. if he does go to wwe next year i want to see him cost taker his streak an have him help a young heel get the win.

That there's exactly how they should end the streak. :shifty:

MoFo
06-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Sting fuckin sucks, he should be the first name on TNA's batch of releases

Damian Rey
06-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Sting fuckin sucks, he should be the first name on TNA's batch of releases

Yes, becuase a fading star who still manages to draw and put asses in the seats and can still work decently enough in the ring, unlike some veterans, should be cut. Well said.

tjmidnight420
06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Yes, becuase a fading star who still manages to draw and put asses in the seats and can still work decently enough in the ring, unlike some veterans, should be cut. Well said.

Agreed.

The Pope
06-06-2010, 03:30 PM

:y:

DLVH84
06-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Sting is more like the Road Warriors...the fans cheer for them, no matter what.

Dirk Ziggler
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Sting is more like the Road Warriors...the fans cheer for them, no matter what.

Road Warriors don't have shit on Sting, fucker.

Corporate CockSnogger
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I wonder how StingerSplash4Lyf feels about the current Sting persona. I feel he will enjoy it, although the red and black Sting is the best sting, but all Sting personas are good.

STINGER SPLASH!

StingerSplash4Lyf
06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
this is the best stinger in years. i was so happy when he returned on the 3/8 impact (the best wrestling show of our time)

i think it was kind of fucked up how he beat up rob van damme (whole fuckin show) but hes the stinger and he does what he wants lol

In conclusion, best stinger in years, but not as good as the wolfpac stinger: the best stinger of alltime IMHO

Dirk Ziggler
06-09-2010, 07:48 PM
this is the best stinger in years. i was so happy when he returned on the 3/8 impact (the best wrestling show of our time)

i think it was kind of fucked up how he beat up rob van damme (whole fuckin show) but hes the stinger and he does what he wants lol

In conclusion, best stinger in years, but not as good as the wolfpac stinger: the best stinger of alltime IMHO

Wolfpac Sting was not the best Sting of all time. The silent, didn't wrestle for a year, and took out the entire nWo with only the aid of a bat was the best Sting of all time. How can anybody even debate this?

tjmidnight420
06-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Wolfpac Sting was not the best Sting of all time. The silent, didn't wrestle for a year, and took out the entire nWo with only the aid of a bat was the best Sting of all time. How can anybody even debate this?

There may be hope for you yet, fella.

BillyBonez
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Stink seems like a taker knock off in his current gimmick, I mean he does things that Taker does in his feud, however imagine how cool it would be if it was him who attacked taker!