PDA

View Full Version : hot hot heat - future breeds

mitchables
06-12-2010, 02:49 AM
pretty terrible. anyone listened to this yet?

Fignuts
06-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Hot Hot Heat is pretty terrible in general, so no i have not.

Mooияakeя™
06-12-2010, 06:16 PM
My ex was in love with them. I think I only ever liked, no scratch that, could bear a sing called Bandages by them. There was also this band called Star Spangles around the same time she wanked over. Never heard of them since.

mitchables
06-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Hot Hot Heat is pretty terrible in general, so no i have not.

hot hot heat are a band that have unfortunately never escaped the shadow of how good their first album was. seriously, that came along at a time when indie rock had started to stagnate. it was an interesting twist with a nice pop sensibility clearly influenced by dance tendencies, and it worked. universally got like >8/10 reviews.

the problem with having a debut that good is it's often difficult to follow, regardless of which direction you take. the loss of more original members over time (dante decarlo in particular) led to the continuing departure from the original decency and further into straight-up middle-of-the-roadness. seriously, this album is so generic. there are none of the endearing idiosyncracies that were so obvious on make up the breakdown.

parkmania
06-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Hot Hot Heat <<<<<< Rev. Horton Heat

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPiSF3QGXRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPiSF3QGXRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Downunder
06-15-2010, 08:22 AM
parkmania saved the thread with The Rev.

Fignuts
06-19-2010, 01:39 PM
The Reverend has come to my town several times. To a bar.

He's probably not doing so hot.

FakeLaser
06-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I could never get into this band for some reason.