PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKKrcJ7M6q0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKKrcJ7M6q0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
gay.

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 01:56 PM
kalyx is gay.

The Pope
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Skittles!

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I've been up all night jerking off to E3 and they mentioned a game, but since I wasn't there I didn't hear anything about it besides the name. So I'm the first one on tpww to post about because I'm a journalist.[/kalyx]

Seriously, this is the same thing we get on Ryan Clark about.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:11 PM
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103805125.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103817344.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103813563.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103831562.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103822031.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103848952.jpg

RoXer
06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Who's Ryan Clark?

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
That fellow that does the "wrestling news" but cutting and pasting from the observer or other real news sites.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103919451.jpg

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Side note, I'll probably get this game.

ClockShot
06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
What happened to the graphics?

RoXer
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
It's bad for even Wii standards

BillyBonez
06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
These graphics looks like they from the inside of somebody's ASS! I mean this is like 1995 PS1 graphics, lol, Nintendo is such fail this days. I mean I remember Zelda for the SNES and that was awesome but this is a joke. They would have been better to made it in 2D, at least it wouldnt look this horrible!

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I've been up all night jerking off to E3 and they mentioned a game, but since I wasn't there I didn't hear anything about it besides the name. So I'm the first one on tpww to post about because I'm a journalist.[/kalyx]

While it's true it is probably less effort than stalking someone through multiple threads to mock them in an un-funny manner, I'd probably say that the cutting and pasting is more informative.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:35 PM
I like to trim the fat. Gotta go hunting now.

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:36 PM
How am I stalking him? Is replying in threads stalking now? Are you stalking me? Cause you have gone across multiple threads to tell me the same thing.

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I like to trim the fat. Gotta go hunting now.

How is that even adding to the conversation? See Hansey, you are dumb because the Lyx is just taking the piss.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-15-2010, 02:41 PM
It's just that the stereotypical internet tough guy act is stale, big guy. It's not even convincing like G's is. :shifty:

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:43 PM
pffft, how am I being a stereotypical internet tough guy? I'm more of a stereotypical troll.

RoXer
06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
If we ignore you and don't respond to your posts, will you go away?

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I have 53,636 post as of now, mostly ignored. You tell me if the idea has worked.

Anyhow, I still think this game looks fun even if it isn't the greatest of all graphics. I forgot if games don't have the greatest graphics ever they suck.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I have him on ignore so no.

RoXer
06-15-2010, 02:51 PM
How am I stalking him? Is replying in threads stalking now?

It is if your first posts are insults to the original poster and has nothing to do with the topic.

kalyx is gay.

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM
No, no, no. The Kalyx is gay post was originally posted by Kane Knight.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh I totally miss that.

RoXer
06-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Anyhow, I still think this game looks fun even if it isn't the greatest of all graphics. I forgot if games don't have the greatest graphics ever they suck.

Gameplay does look fun, absolutely, but there are certain standards that should be met graphically, I would think. Portal, TF2, Super Mario Galaxy, L4D, a bunch of games are out there that have great gameplay and may not blow you away graphically but is still impressive.

This isn't even impressive.

BigDaddyCool
06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Gameplay does look fun, absolutely, but there are certain standards that should be met graphically, I would think. Portal, TF2, Super Mario Galaxy, L4D, a bunch of games are out there that have great gameplay and may not blow you away graphically but is still impressive.

This isn't even impressive.

meh

Still looks fun, and might give Wii another real game.

Kane Knight
06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't get the hate for the graphics. The graphics, while kinda lame, are fine.

However, the screenshots make it look like the gameplay is for complete and utter fucktards. Even if you assume the osd will be changed once there is a manual, it still looks like this is "games for tards 101."

Which is probably why BDC will get it. Doesn't mean people are right that he's "stalking" Kal, because that's retarded, but so is this game and BDC.

Xero
06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Clearly going for cartoonish-style graphics. I see no problem with them.

It's the Wind Waker of this gen.

OssMan
06-15-2010, 06:08 PM
THE GRAPHICS LOOK KINDA WEIRD

THEREFORE THIS GAME SUCKS DICK

I HEREBY DECLARE IT A BUST

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
AssMan: The final word on videogames

OssMan
06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
CLOSE THE THREAD

Savio
06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
ummm can you give us info or a video?

Vietnamese Crippler
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/872/872155/vids_1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1097965p1.html

Kane Knight
06-15-2010, 10:02 PM
ummm can you give us info or a video?

HE JUST WANTS A BYLINE, OK?

Drakul
06-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Details:

CASTLE IN THE SKY - In a first for the franchise, Link isn't raised in a village. At least, not one on the ground. He's instead from the land of Skyloft, a floating island in the sky. Link only "discovers" the land below later in life, and finds it overrun by evil. He thus spends the game going between his home in the clouds and the land below (hence the "cloud jump" in the game's trailer).

HUD-BE-GONE - The game's art style may look yummy, but that HUD looks yucky. Thankfully, Aonuma tells us that in the final retail version we'll be able to switch it off.

NEW MAPS - Acknowledging that previous maps in the Zelda series haven't been all they could be, series director Aonuma promises that Skyward's will be easier to follow, and won't leave you as lost as those in other Zelda games.

DOUBLE CONTROL - Similar to Red Steel 2, Skyward will use both the MotionPlus and Wii sensor bar to track your movements, meaning that even if you point the Remote away from the screen, the game will still know where you are.

BOOMING SOUNDTRACK - Mario Galaxy 2 had a big, thunderous orchestral soundtrack. Will Skyward follow suit? Miyamoto says Nintendo couldn't do what it did with Galaxy 2 and not do the same with the next Zelda, which we'll take as a "yes".

2011 - This game won't make 2010, as Miyamoto and Aonuma want to give the development team the rest of the year to complete the game and make sure it's in tip-top shape.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5564654/zelda-details-link-is-from-cloud-city-game-might-not-make-2010).

Orchestrated soundtracks are always good.

Khuntry
06-16-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't get the hate for the graphics. The graphics, while kinda lame, are fine.

However, the screenshots make it look like the gameplay is for complete and utter fucktards. Even if you assume the osd will be changed once there is a manual, it still looks like this is "games for tards 101."

Which is probably why BDC will get it. Doesn't mean people are right that he's "stalking" Kal, because that's retarded, but so is this game and BDC.

Dynasty Warriors are for tards. you liar...

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Why do people care so much about graphics anyways? A good game is a good game. I'll never understand that

Khuntry
06-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah the graphics doesn't quite stack up to Mario Galaxy's standards which is in itself a true hallmark in video game history.

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Why do people care so much about graphics anyways? A good game is a good game. I'll never understand that

See cause we can enjoy a game for just being fun. These other guys have a bug up their asses.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 12:32 PM
It's not as though Ocarina of Time isn't still one of the best games in existence, and more fun than half the crap that comes out. Those graphics are worse than these. The day I care is the day I should probably stop playing video games.

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Jeri, why do we fight when we see eye to eye on so many things?

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know. Maybe that's why we clash.

Btw, I probably play my SNES more than my PS3

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
It's not as though Ocarina of Time isn't still one of the best games in existence, and more fun than half the crap that comes out. Those graphics are worse than these. The day I care is the day I should probably stop playing video games.

Yeah but come on if ppl didnt care about graphics we would still have THIS as games
http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/atari_2600_adventure.gif
Its called PROGRESS, Nintendo obviously doesnt want it anymore because they figured they cant compete with Sony and Microsoft so they are just using they franchises because if it has "Zelda" or "Mario" on it, ppl will be buying it even if the graphics look like the inside of someone's ASS!

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah but come on if ppl didnt care about graphics we would still have THIS as games
http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/atari_2600_adventure.gif
Its called PROGRESS, Nintendo obviously doesnt want it anymore because they figured they cant compete with Sony and Microsoft so they are just using they franchises because if it has "Zelda" or "Mario" on it, ppl will be buying it even if the graphics look like the inside of someone's ASS!

And that still has more action in it than Heavy Rain.

FLAMESUIT ON

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
BillyBonez has a point. Link is little more than a green dot in a yellow gray world.

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
And that still has more action in it than Heavy Rain.

FLAMESUIT ON

I think a lot of this is just ppl going "LOL guys I dont like any new games because I am so smart and only like old games LOL". Its like old ppl who drive cars from like 1982 and talk about how they are better!

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I think a lot of this is just ppl going "LOL guys I dont like any new games because I am so smart and only like old games LOL". Its like old ppl who drive cars from like 1982 and talk about how they are better!

Not really, there are plenty of fantastic experiences to be had on all 3 current consoles, but to dismiss one for having slightly inferior graphics is retarded.

The best thing to the power of the 360/PS3 is the massive environments it can achieve. I wouldn't have honestly cared if they skipped HD this gen but still had the same power, because something like Fallout 3 would be incredible even with N64 level graphics.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Sure, but it eventually got to a point where it wasn't a big deal anymore. The progress you speak of was more than just graphics. The nature of games changed so much. Advancements in the graphics doesn't mean very much to me anymore.
I'm not saying games shouldn't continue to push the envelope and develop better graphics and bigger worlds/etc., but a good game is a good game.
Blasting a 2010 game for having slightly outdated graphics isn't the same thing as believing that technology should move on from Atari.

Also, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Dig Dug and any of those games are still fantastic in all their simplicity.

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Sure, but it eventually got to a point where it wasn't a big deal anymore. The progress you speak of was more than just graphics. The nature of games changed so much. Advancements in the graphics doesn't mean very much to me anymore.
I'm not saying games shouldn't continue to push the envelope and develop better graphics and bigger worlds/etc., but a good game is a good game.
Blasting a 2010 game for having slightly outdated graphics isn't the same thing as believing that technology should move on from Atari.

Also, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Dig Dug and any of those games are still fantastic in all their simplicity.

No those games suck because they are old now. Old games must be thrown out and forgotten about

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Not the case at all. I'm all for new games, and some of them are amazing. It doesn't mean that older games get any worse, or should be any less appreciated as the technology advances. It's just ridiculous to act like outdated graphics neccesarily matter.
Especially since Zelda games aren't meant to look real.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Also, in response to your "Wii can't compete and people just buy the games because Zelda or Mario are in it"...

That's because of the quality. Nintendo's franchises are established brands based on the fact that people know they are going to get quality from generation to generation.
I don't think everyone is just eating it up based on the name. If the games weren't still any good, people would give up on them.
That's Nintendo's way of competing. They focus on making good games with the characters they have earned a reputation with, and try to consistently deliver. They're going for quality, and relying on a market they've earned.
What's wrong with that? Should their entire focus be on graphics instead of fun?

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 12:59 PM
People have said Twilight Princess aged much faster than Wind Waker precisely because it went for realistic visuals.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't subscribe the idea of games aging visually anymore than I do with movies.
If a game is great, it will likely always be great. I could care less if it looks like shit compared to modern graphics. If you revisit Nintendo 64, you'll find how horribly the graphics have "aged." This is no suprise, but the games are still just as good. If it plays well, it's still one of the best games out there.

I would imagine some of the people who want to leave old games in the dust are the same types who can't sit through a black and white movie

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Jeri, kalyx is almost trollish with his "Nintedo is crap" logic.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Disney can't compete with other studios, so they make things with "Mickey Mouse" or "Buzz Lightyear" in it, and ppl will buy it even though the animation looks like the inside of someones ASS

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't subscribe the idea of games aging visually anymore than I do with movies.
If a game is great, it will likely always be great. I could care less if it looks like shit compared to modern graphics. If you revisit Nintendo 64, you'll find how horribly the graphics have "aged." This is no suprise, but the games are still just as good. If it plays well, it's still one of the best games out there.

I would imagine some of the people who want to leave old games in the dust are the same types who can't sit through a black and white movie

I'm strictly talking about visuals, though, as per the current convo. Of course Zeldas play awesome. It's just a well documented commentary that realistic games age worse than highly stylized ones.

Super Mario 64 looks more vibrant and alive than Uncharted.

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Disney can't compete with other studios, so they make things with "Mickey Mouse" or "Buzz Lightyear" in it, and ppl will buy it even though the animation looks like the inside of someones ASS

Seriously though, you have to expect Disney to makes games with Disney characters in it.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm not talking about games. It was an analogy between the companies.

Using established characters is competing. There is nothing wrong with building a company around the established properties that have earned their reputation. People like a brand they can trust, with a standard of quality that they can get behind.
I don't understand why he, or anyone else, would consider this a bad thing.

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Dont get me wrong bro but its just that Nintendo dont have to bother with REAL quality cuz they can just go on the brand name alone. I dont understand the reason to make BAD graphics today when they can make both good graphics and good gameplay. Also bad graphics ruin the gameplay cause ur distracted by how horrible everything looks and cant really "get into" the world which is important in game like Zelda.

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
BillyBones in a known troll. Don't take him seriously.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Well that's the rub. You consider real quality to be graphics, and don't consider the brand name nintendo games to possess great quality.
I consider quality to be more than that, and feel nintendo brings it. At least when it comes to Mario and Zelda games.
I don't see how this is distracting. It's not like it's stick figures. Were you distracted by graphics in games 5 years ago? Because these are no different.
I think you're just hung up on graphics. Just because it distracts you doesn't mean it's a real distraction.

You're also a poo poo face.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-16-2010, 01:46 PM
BillyBones in a known troll. Don't take him seriously.

I don't even think he is a troll, there are actually people out there that are retarded as him.

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Well that's the rub. You consider real quality to be graphics, and don't consider the brand name nintendo games to possess great quality.
I consider quality to be more than that, and feel nintendo brings it. At least when it comes to Mario and Zelda games.
I don't see how this is distracting. It's not like it's stick figures. Were you distracted by graphics in games 5 years ago? Because these are no different.
I think you're just hung up on graphics. Just because it distracts you doesn't mean it's a real distraction.

You're also a poo poo face.

Hahaha u have to resort to name calling and ur the ones calling me names because ur not confident in yourselves and try to improve ur confidence by being elitist and acting all smart on the web. This aint english class...

Back on topic, no, those graphics didnt distract me back then because it was the cutting edge back then. But today, yeah its distracting because I am used to good graphics now so seeing crap like this distracts me from whatever good gameplay there may be.

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Then you're a fool.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
If they cancel the space program, graphics won't continue to progress. How can you reconcile these two things?

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 01:52 PM
lololol how is the "space program" (aka steal money program) related to VIDEO GAME graphics. Graphics are advanced by the gaming industry which works to make profits and works in competition with other companies to constantly improve things. Space industry or not, they will continue to compete for business. I dont see how u relate the two.

I dont get how u guys can "not be distracted by horrible graphics" when playing a 3d game. Its fine to have old graphics in a 2d game, but in a 3d one, that just distracts you when u see the jagged edges and lack of realism.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Everyone knows that video game graphics are fueled by a rare mineral that NASA discovered on the moon. You're a fucking idiot.

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Everyone knows that video game graphics are fueled by a rare mineral that NASA discovered on the moon. You're a fucking idiot.

This joke would have been funny in 2nd grade

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 02:00 PM
In 2nd grade graphics were horrible. Why would I want to revisit such a time?

Kane Knight
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Dynasty Warriors are for tards. you liar...

Oh look, Kal's little lapdog thinks he has teeth. So kyoooooot.

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
In 2nd grade graphics were horrible. Why would I want to revisit such a time?

*FACEPALM*

U still dont get what im sayin dont u? In 2nd grade the graphics we had was the best ones we could get so it looked good FOR ITS TIME. I bet u if in 2nd grade they released a game that looked like an Atari 2600 game u would trash it then too!

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
In 2nd grade I would probably trash it because I would be akin to BillyBonez

I also thought space exploration was great though, so who knows.

Have you considered not being the way you are?

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
In 2nd grade I would probably trash it because I would be akin to BillyBonez

I also thought space exploration was great though, so who knows.

Have you considered not being the way you are?

How is this related to my points?

Everybody would trash it, u would trash it now because a game should have decent graphics today unless it is going for the "retro" thing like the DS Contra game which is mad fun.

I think space exploration is great. But NASA is not because they steal money and dont do much. It would work better with private space exploration companies because competition creates BETTER PRODUCTS.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Maybe if we can put a man on Mars nintendo games wouldn't look like the inside of someones ASS

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 02:13 PM
We're still talking about Zelda, right?

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes but Jeritron is just Efin around now because he aint got nothing else to say.
I dunno, if u guys like this sort of awful graphics, more power to you I guess but ill stick to developers who actually TRY to make a game look halway decent.

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Name three.

Jeritron
06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I prefer games that look like the inside of someones ASS. It pulls me in more. You got a problem with that?

BillyBonez
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Capcom almost allways has good graphics, EA does too, Whoever makes Modern Warfare games...I guess thats 3...

RoXer
06-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Billybonez is the best 15 year old poster on this forum

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
If he's really 15 I take back everything I said.

G
06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
I just hope no one sees the green font and think it's me

RoXer
06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
If he's really 15 I take back everything I said.

There's now way he's older than 18

Kalyx triaD
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
You'd be surprised. Or horrified.

BigDaddyCool
06-16-2010, 03:12 PM
I just hope no one sees the green font and think it's me

omg, billybones is G's sock!!!!

Purgatory
06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Capcom almost allways has good graphics, EA does too, Whoever makes Modern Warfare games...I guess thats 3...

You're whole problem is that you're captivated by the eyecandy that's constantly dangled in front of you. When developing for a system that has the horsepower, of course they're going to go for realism. The Wii makes up for it's hardware limitation by making games that have already proven their playability.

This new Zelda is reverting back to the graphic standard that made Ocarina of Time the legend that it is. You can't compare this to something like Modern Warfare 2, man. Totally different games. If Infinity Ward took a similar graphic route, would it still be a great game? Probably not. Likewise, if the new Zelda was on graphic par to Modern Warfare 2, would it still be a great game? We'll never know, but I'll lean more towards no.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just severely delusional.

OssMan
06-16-2010, 06:31 PM
They didn't explain how movement works. All they said when demonstrating it was something like "In the last game, you used the nunchuk to move around. In this game, you use it as a shield" then didn't say anything else.

Fignuts
06-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Legend of Assman

Vietnamese Crippler
06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
They didn't explain how movement works. All they said when demonstrating it was something like "In the last game, you used the nunchuk to move around. In this game, you use it as a shield" then didn't say anything else.

Movement's still the same (i.e. using the analog stick), but what I think Miyamoto was trying to get at was that you can use the nunchuck for more than just movement this time.

OssMan
06-16-2010, 06:41 PM
They had shield attack in Twilight Princess. You had to move the nunchuk forward. It was kinda unreliable though, like it didn't always react. Also if you moved the nunchuk side to side you did the spin attack.

OssMan
06-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I'll now attempt to complete Twilight Princess by catching 11 more poes and the Hylian loach.

Drakul
07-22-2010, 02:50 AM
New Zelda Is An Ocarina Of Time Prequel (Of Sorts)

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/07/500x_ss3.jpg

You may think that the concept of a coherent timeline for the Legend of Zelda games is either a sick joke or a...joke, but Nintendo maintains there is one. And that the upcoming Skyward Sword fits neatly into it.

In an interview with Official Nintendo Magazine, series overseer Eiji Aonuma says, "Yes there is a master timeline but its confidential document! The only people to have access to that document are myself, Mr. Miyamoto and the director of the title. We cant share it with anyone else!"

Oh go on. Share just a little. "I have already talked to Mr. Miyamoto about this so I am comfortable in releasing this information – this title [Skyward Sword] takes place before Ocarina of Time. If I said that a certain title was ‘the first Zelda game', then that means that we cant ever make a title that takes place before that! So for us to add titles to the series, we have to have a way of putting the titles before or after each other."

What this means, exactly, we won't know until the game's out, but it'd be nice if the timeline was referenced as directly as it was in, say, Wind Waker, which is almost a post-apocalyptic Zelda following the events of Ocarina of Time.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5593323/new-zelda-is-an-ocarina-of-time-prequel-of-sorts).

Kalyx triaD
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/daoOSfetFiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
03-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Already a bunch of rumors on who the mysterious person is in the trailer ranging from Vaati since Ganon can't be in the game, a temple boss, a new major villain, or the sword-like thing that was shown on the original artwork for the game.

Kalyx triaD
03-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Lots of gimmicks taking advantage of Motion+ swordplay. Looks so fun.

Extreme Angle
03-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Not gonna lie... I think the graphics are amazing, then again, Windwaker was my favourite Zelda game (haven't played ocarina...) so the graphics are just reminding me of how much fun that was.

Drakul
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
The guy in the trailer is a Sheikah. He looks like a cross between Impa (the hair and face) and Sheik (the body and clothing) from OoT both of which were supposed to be Sheikah. Plus he disappears in a ninja-like fashion which I think Sheik did in OoT.

That's my guess, anyway.

Eklipse
03-03-2011, 05:06 PM
This reminds me that I need to finish Twilight Princess.

Drakul
05-08-2011, 02:52 AM
If you play the GDC 2011 trailer backwards, you hear this:

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:713542" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-zelda-skyward/713542">GDC 11: Hidden Melody HD</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

Kalyx triaD
05-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Princess Zelda's theme...

Anybody thinking she'll be playable in some fashion?

Drakul
05-08-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm probably looking into it far too much but the "main" part of Zeldas theme plays whenever Link is closing and locking giant doors. It's unlikely it means anything but you never know.

Backwards, the trailers ends with Link standing guard at the top of a staircase, guarding a fancy door he just locked.

If it means anything, maybe our role wont be to save Zelda but to protect her somehow?

Kalyx triaD
05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't know... Lately they've been throwing curve balls at the 'save the princess' concept, and Zelda had an involved role as an assist in Phantom Hourglass. Her theme is the only sign of her in this game, and I have this funny feeling Nintendo's been prepping her for an action role - something most wouldn't see coming.

Or maybe the tune hints at another musical mechanic for puzzles and we're flying off the handle.

Now I feel like studying the trailer backwards and forwards, but I guess we'll learn more by E3 anyway.

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Assuming Zelda dons her alternate personality again, would anyone dig an action oriented side adventure for her? Just a short side action campaign.

Drakul
05-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Well, Nintendo said they'd be "shaking up the formula" and we've not seen any evidence of that yet. So, something like what you said would make sense. No evidence for or against it, though.

I can't see us controlling anyone but Link in order to keep the "connection" with him. Unless Link controls Zeldas mind at some point like that song in Wind Waker that let you control other characters.

Drakul
06-07-2011, 04:15 PM
<iframe width="500" height="449" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rm9zAvYvfzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drakul
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/01.jpg

http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/02.jpg

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/03.jpg

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/04.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/05.jpg

http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/06.jpg

http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/07.jpg

Drakul
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I wonder what that meter is for in the 2nd, 4th and 5th screenshots. Either the sheild has magic or it's own "health bar".

Kalyx triaD
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I guess you can't be too defensive. Surprised Nintendo would act on that if that's what the bar is for.

Drakul
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
In the combat screens, it looks like a mirror is assigned to the B button. Maybe some hopping to and from the Dark World like LttP?

Maybe the mysterious guy from the trailers and the combat screens is the Dark World equivilent of Link. At the end of the first trailer, when he vanishes, maybe he's teleporting back to the Dark World.
It's a long shot but I'm throwing it out there.

Kalyx triaD
06-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I wanna know about Link's girlfriend up there. He's been pimpin lately.

Drakul
06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I already know what the relationship will be just from that one video and that one screenshot.

The blonde girl is Links childhood friend. They do everything togethor. She gets captured by someone. He goes to save her. She turns out to be Zelda. They discover someone wants to destroy/rule the world. Link must stop them with the help of Zelda.

Kalyx triaD
06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Well in OoT it didn't really end that way, and was actually sad depending on your pov.

OssMan
06-07-2011, 06:37 PM
can't wait for this

Drakul
06-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Some game play.

The first video tells us the mystery guys name and we get a rough idea of his role and the story.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715357" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715357">E3 2011: Extended Boss Gameplay (Cam) HD</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>
New sheild.
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715246" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715246">E3 2011: Arrows & Balancing Gameplay (Cam) HD</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715260" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715260">E3 2011: Flying Gameplay (Cam) HD</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

Drakul
06-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Gameplay details:
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715139" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715139">E3 2011: Story Interview (Stream)</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

Drakul
06-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Dungeon gameplay. We also get to see another character we've not seen ingame yet.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715773" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715773">E3 2011: Dungeon Walkthrough Part 1 HD</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715771" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715771">E3 2011: Dungeon Walkthrough Part 2 HD</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

Dungeons look more interesting this time round. Less about just running from room to room, clearing the enemies in each with the occasional puzzle.

Drakul
06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:715830" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com">GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-zelda-skyward/715830">E3 2011: Bird Riding Walkthrough</a>, <a href="http://pc.gametrailers.com/">PC Games</a>, <a href="http://ps3.gametrailers.com/">PlayStation 3</a>, <a href="http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/">Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

Observations that might be spoilers:
Guy at the start of the video, on the left, looks like a human version of Kaepora Gaebora, the owl from OoT.
Considering that they are a flying, bird-relient civilization in Skyward Sword, it can't just be a coincidence one of the leaders of the village looks like the human version of a sage that became a bird.

The guy in the middle looks like a human version of a Rito from Wind Waker.

Emperor Smeat
06-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Nintendo is planning to bundle a special edition Gold colored Wiimote with the Zelda crest for the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword as part of a collector's edition but also revealed the controller will also be sold separately for those who just want the controller.

No matching Nunchuck since Nintendo only confirmed the special edition color is for the Wiimote only.

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/06/goldremote_02.jpg
http://kotaku.com/5811330/there-will-be-no-zelda+gold-wii-nunchuk

Drakul
06-14-2011, 02:36 AM
I'll be getting the SE, then. I don't have Motion Plus and the remotes I have both barely work at all.

Fignuts
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
That is awesome.

Fuck, need to get a wii again.

Emperor Smeat
06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
A bunch of info regarding the game's story was revealed in the recent Famitsu magazine with some of it being stuff already talked about while the rest being new.

- In this game, Zelda starts out as a childhood friend of Link's -- and not royalty. "She's not a princess this time," Aonuma said, "which is something I'll pretty much have to put forth right now in order to talk about this title. She's a childhood friend, but she goes away in the midst of the game and it's Link's job to search for her."

- The starting plot unfolds quite a bit differently from other Zeldas. "This game's plot is something like a school drama, you could say," Aonuma noted with a laugh. "The flying sequence at the E3 demo is Link competing against his classmates. One of them looks kind of a like a bad guy, as you saw, and he shows up in other ways in the game too, since he has a major thing for Zelda."

- Despite this, though, the game progresses in a somewhat similar fashion to a previous Zelda title. "The game starts in Skyloft, this city that's floating in the air, and you'll come back to this town multiple times," Aonuma said. "Things are always proceeding along in town, and in that respect it's very much like Majora's Mask. Like with Majora, there are a lot of game events involving the townspeople that get intertwined with the main story. Link, Zelda and their other friends all go to the same boarding school, and you've got teachers and a principal as well. It's a bit of a different setting from previous Zeldas."

- Does everyone in Skyloft have their own personal avian transport? "It's the custom for each person to have one bird. Link has a red one, and it's actually a special and very rare breed of bird -- which is something that makes him get picked on, like 'Why do you get this fancy bird and we don't?!' But it turns out that you need that red bird in order to access the mainland. So the hand of fate gets involved here, like it always does in Zelda games sooner or later."

- Ghiraham, the enemy Link fought in the E3 demo's boss battle, is definitely going to be an important character in Skyward Sword. "The demo shows when you first meet him, and plainly he's looking down at Link, stopping his sword with his fingers and so forth," Aonuma noted. "In terms of story image he's kind of like Dark Link [from Ocarina of Time]; he sees right through Link's moves in battle. You can sort of swing your sword wildly and still hold your own against a lot of foes, but there's no way you can beat Ghiraham like that. You need to keep your distance and watch his moves, and it's something you'll need to change your strategy for. I think he's a pretty good change of pace as bosses go, and he'll change gradually throughout the game."

- Will Ganon show up? "This game talks about the birth of the Master Sword, and it touches on why Ganondorf showed up. If you play it, I think you'll get some understanding on that. It connects to Ocarina, so if you play Ocarina of Time 3D and move on to this game, I think you'll catch on to a lot of things."

More stuff is in the link but those were the major things revealed.

http://www.1up.com/news/eiji-aonuma-wraps-zelda-skyward

Drakul
07-21-2011, 03:12 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/219SjVvFFt0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/219SjVvFFt0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

LuigiD
07-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Kinda feel like I have lost complete interest towards this game in the last week. I think like I have heard about this game for so long and I am not feeling it anymore. Probably change my mind once is out.

Emperor Smeat
07-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Eiji Aonuma in an interview with Nintendo Power reveals Ganondorf/Ganon will not have any role in the game nor any potential references to make it seem like he could pop up as a surprise boss at the end of the game (ex. Four Swords on the Gamecube).

"Ganon typically appears in a Zelda game when the story is centered around the Triforce. This time around, the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story. So because of that, Ganon will not appear."

Also revealed was the design behind the new villain was meant to be an anti-Ganon in terms of appearance and fighting style.

Lord Ghirahim, who was purposely designed to act as a contrast to Ganon's very masculine and powerful characteristics. The funny thing is that actually came up in the conversation when the interviewer asked if Ghirahim was based off of (David) Bowe. Aonmua agreed about the similarities between the wizard and the British rocker and went as far as to say that Ghirahim was given a "unisex-like, genderless feel."

And the final big announcement is Skyward Sword will replace Ocarina of Time as the start of the Zelda storyline but it wasn't revealed if the game will be the absolute first or if a new game will replace it in the future.

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/Skyward-Sword-will-be-Ganondorf-free

Drakul
08-17-2011, 09:23 AM
The release date has been announced as the 20th of November 2011.

Drakul
08-19-2011, 05:32 AM
The UK, oddly, get's it on the 18th. Two days before the US.

Emperor Smeat
08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Nintendo announces Skyward Swords will join the small list of Nintendo-made games to get its own collector's edition.

For $69.99, the collector's edition will include the game, a soundtrack CD containing music from the past 25 years of the series, and a golden Wiimote with built-in motion plus.

For those who want just the game at $49.99, Nintendo announces only the 1st run or shipment of the game will come with the soundtrack for free as a bonus.

http://i.screwattack.com/content/images/view_52004_1_1314648079.jpg
http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/Zelda-Skyward-Sword-gets-golden-bundle

Drakul
08-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Saw this earlier. I'm just waiting for GAME to come back online to preorder it, if the UK is getting it.

Drakul
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qp1E--5elcM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qp1E--5elcM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Drakul
09-14-2011, 02:09 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tm7s3hhTUkw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tm7s3hhTUkw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gn-SiuiR7N8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gn-SiuiR7N8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Kalyx triaD
09-14-2011, 02:26 PM
I wanna live in that world. And have adventures.

Emperor Smeat
09-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Nintendo released a lot more screens, trailers, and info mostly relating to the first 2 hours of the game.

Nintendo managed to tie in the 25th anniversary of the series into the story because the town of Skyloft is in the middle of celebrating a town tradition that started 25 years ago.

Also confirmed is a tutorial mode for the game occurs for most of the first hour of the game.

1. Introduction: The new game’s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link™ is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda™.
2. Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
3. Groose: Link’s nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link’s chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda’s special bond.
4. Fi: Early on in Link’s new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. Fi’s guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
5. Zelda’s father: Gaepora, Zelda’s father, is the headmaster of Link’s school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.

The game still is on track for its November 20th release date.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/new-skyward-sword-characters-and-storyline-details
Preview of the 1st two hours: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-early-hours-of-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/3702/
Screens: http://kotaku.com/5845029/fall-in-love-with-zelda-all-over-again-with-these-skyward-screens/gallery/1

Drakul
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJmcsgjYo6w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJmcsgjYo6w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Kalyx triaD
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
I wanna play this on a rainy day.

Emperor Smeat
10-14-2011, 06:22 PM
A bunch of new screens and info was revealed by Nintendo.

The whip from Spirit Tracks and the bug net from Link to the Past return but each have mutli-use purposes to go along with the theme of every weapon having more than one use possible.

Also shown off was a few more tribes/races in Skyward Sword and potion making has a lot more combos and types available in previous games.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/screenshots-link-getting-whip

Drakul
10-30-2011, 02:42 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exVf5L0VeUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exVf5L0VeUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

The trailer had a lot of stuff in it from other games. Though thing's seem to be conflicting a bit. Or maybe I'm looking too hard.

0:13 The woman is a Sheikah, she has the symbol on her clothing and face.

0:21 Does anyone else think the huge emblem in background looks like that area of TP that has those ruins in the desert? Pre-ruin, obviously.

0:50 I'm not saying this is what it is but that rising wall with text on it reminded me of the Royal Tomb in OoT. There was something similar in appearance there.

0:52 That harp looks like the harp used by Sheik in OoT.

0:55 That boss looks a lot like a boss from WW.

1:02 Flooded forest (like Forest Haven in WW). I was started to think SS could be what happened between OoT and WW but other stuff makes me think otherwise.

1:11 Stuff like this. I know we don't know but, to me, that looks like a Zora but as if it's not evolved into it's humanoid shape yet. That would mean pre-OoT. Maybe it's some kind of Zora god or elder or something, who knows? Actually, it probably is some kind of god or elder. We saw a Zora in one of the first trailers.

1:18 Creation of the Master Sword.

1:30 That thing behind Zelda looks like another version of the Mirror of Twilight that Tp Spoilers: let Midna return home. Given how the villan I forget the name of warps around with Twili like effects (the squares and stuff), it might be connected.

1:35 Sheikah woman defending Zelda.

I think the game will be about the creation of the Master Sword, the beginning of the Sheikahs roll as Royal protectors, the coming togethor of all Hyrules races and Hyrule as it is in OoT.
I'm also thinking this bad guy that I can't remember the name of, is a Twili or whatever they were called before becoming the Twili. Ancestor of Zant, maybe.

Emperor Smeat
10-30-2011, 02:16 PM
The trailer had a lot of stuff in it from other games. Though thing's seem to be conflicting a bit. Or maybe I'm looking too hard.

1:02 Flooded forest (like Forest Haven in WW). I was started to think SS could be what happened between OoT and WW but other stuff makes me think otherwise.

1:11 Stuff like this. I know we don't know but, to me, that looks like a Zora but as if it's not evolved into it's humanoid shape yet. That would mean pre-OoT. Maybe it's some kind of Zora god or elder or something, who knows? Actually, it probably is some kind of god or elder. We saw a Zora in one of the first trailers.

Nintendo already stated SS is the earliest known game in the Zelda timeline and a prequel to OoT so the flooded forest is most likely the origins of the Kokiri Forest. The water could have eventually formed the Zora's place after it left the area since in OoT there are still streams of water in the forest.

Vietnamese Crippler
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
And I think it's been long confirmed that this will tell the story of the creation of the Master Sword.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Edge: 10/10
"A triumph."
"How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo’s hardware become the console it was always meant to be."

Official Nintendo Magazine gave it 98%, the highest for any Wii game and called it the best Zelda ever. I usually ignore "official" magazine reviews, but calling it the best Zelda ever is strong stuff.

Drakul
11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Good to hear. I'm hoping I get my copy. Cancelled my pre order and getting the LE from Nintendo to make up for not getting my concert tickets in time. Nintendo are great at making games but they suck at customer service so I'm not sure if it'll even turn up.

Looking forward to give the game a go. I just hope no one posts spoilers without warning.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
These are the scores so far. Online review embargo is up on 11/11

EDGE - 10/10
Game Informer - 10/10
ONM - 98%
4News.it - 97/100
Gamepro Germany - 93%
GamesTM - 9/10 - "Playing the Wii out in style"

Wasn't pumped after the last 2 E3's, but since the pre-TGS conference it's been building. Can't wait now, even if I do get Saint's Row 3 and Arkham City on the same day.

Also noted from some people saying that pointing is pure motion based, it doesn't use the sensor for those tasks at all.

Kalyx triaD
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Gawd damn, Nintendo.

OssMan
11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I ordered the limited edition or whatever but I wonder how much a Wii in Peru costs :o

Emperor Smeat
11-09-2011, 04:02 PM
A few places like Screwattack and I think Giant Bomb have said the story feels a bit darker like Majora's Mask than a normal Zelda game mainly due to the supposed main villain always talking about wanting to murder people than just find a treasure or gain power.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Just been messing with a demo that was leaked. Not played too much to not spoil it, but mechanically, it's right as hell.

Lost the pointer once, that will need some getting used to, but it's exactly what I imagined the Wii version of Twilight Princess would be like. No waggle.

Kapoutman
11-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Preordered the limited edition. Can't wait for this.

Emperor Smeat
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Nintendo and Penny Arcade collaborated on an official Skyward Sword comic series for the official Zelda website. The first piece in a 5-part series was released yesterday.

"A few months ago Nintendo approached us about doing a project for them. I was interested, but my schedule was full at the time. Then they told us it was Zelda. The business guys were hesitant to put any more work on my plate but I told them I had to do it. Like a little kid offering to do chores I promised I would work late and come in on the weekends. I had to draw Zelda!"

http://www.zelda.com/skywardsword/img/comic/gallery1.jpg
http://www.screwattack.com/news/nintendo-featuring-zelda-skyward-sword-comic-penny-arcade
http://www.zelda.com/skywardsword/comic/

Emperor Smeat
11-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Skyward Sword became the fastest selling Zelda game in the series history with about 535,000 copies sold just in the US alone since last week.

The record before was Twilight Princess which had the benefit of being a launch title for the Wii and also had a Gamecube version released at the same time.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1213446p1.html

Londoner
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Will definitely be getting this soon, fuck wwe 12.

Poit
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
I've been playing this. It's pretty fun, but the sword controls are a bit maddening.

Drakul
11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Yeah the sword controls are not great for combat.

When you have to do a specific swing, it sometimes reads it as another type of swing. This mostly happens during combat. Trying to move your sword to ready a specific swing is sometimes read as you trying to pull off another swing.
It doesn't really help when you're surround by 5 enemies and can't afford to mess up.

My only other problem is the lack of control we have over the camera. To look anywhere we have to turn around and hit Z. No control of the camera and no minimap to compensate, isn't a good thing.
Fighting bats, the game doesn't like to look at them when you lock on so it's hard to know when they are fluttering about and when they are going to dive bomb you until the last second.

Other than those two issues, I'm really liking the game.

Droford
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Im kinda pissed that I gotta spend at least $100 to play this since I don't have the fucking motionplus shit which no other game I have will use. Really ticked off because I saw TRU had the Red Steel 2 that came with the motionplus on clearance a couple weeks ago for like $10 which would have at least saved me $20, now its either buy the new remote for $30, buy the WiiMotionplus game bundle for $50. The gold wiimote bundles are pretty much sold out.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Im kinda pissed that I gotta spend at least $100 to play this since I don't have the fucking motionplus shit which no other game I have will use. Really ticked off because I saw TRU had the Red Steel 2 that came with the motionplus on clearance a couple weeks ago for like $10 which would have at least saved me $20, now its either buy the new remote for $30, buy the WiiMotionplus game bundle for $50. The gold wiimote bundles are pretty much sold out.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Motion-Plus-Japanese-Version-Nintendo/dp/B002OL1KEI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322775277&sr=8-3

Indifferent Clox
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Best Zelda yet on par with skyrim, IMO.

Emperor Smeat
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Game breaking glitch was discovered and it only occurs if the third dungeon area is the first area explored and the player learns the Thunder Dragon song before the other songs are attained.

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon’s event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

As of now Nintendo is suggesting as a quick solution to not to visit Golo before having the first two songs learned in the game.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/nintendo-offers-workaround-for-game-breaking-zelda-skyward-sword-bug/

Londoner
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Are they going to fix that?

LuigiD
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't think any Wii game has ever had a patch..so the answer is probably..no.

Londoner
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Bloody useless wii yet again.

Emperor Smeat
12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Would have to wait for the next system update to see if Nintendo adds in a patch like they've done for a few games although that wouldn't arrive until early next year (or in the 2nd run production of the game).

I think only Black Ops has patches although that was done from Activision's network and not Nintendo's own servers.

Kapoutman
12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't think any Wii game has ever had a patch..so the answer is probably..no.

Twilight Princess had a game-breaking glitch. They pressed new discs and sent them to people who asked for them.

ClockShot
12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Just started this and put about an hour into it. I can live with the new sword controls. But whoever's bright idea it was to put flight and freefall control into the wiimote needs to be taken out to the town square and shot. Took me like 10 minutes to get that fucking statue from the bird. :mad:

You'd think they learned from Lair.

Buzzkill
12-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Bought this 3 days ago, have not played yet. Updates to come.

Emperor Smeat
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Nintendo announces they are working to fix the glitch problem with a downloadable patch being worked on for the Wii but for now anyone who needs to get the fix now can either send an SD card with the corrupted save on it or their Wii and they will fix it.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/nintendo-will-fix-corrupted-skyward-sword-save-files

ClockShot
12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Just beat this.

Liked twilight princess a bit better. Only took me alittle over 40 hours to put this away. Still a great game, however.

Kalyx triaD
12-24-2011, 07:11 PM
The Legend of Zelda Timeline (Official and translated):

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/121/1215301/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20111224020001473.jpg

Londoner
12-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Looking forward to playing this at some point, is it worth it still?

Emperor Smeat
12-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah the game is great. Probably won't go on discount until a few years from now like every other Zelda game.

The first 1-2 hours is the slowest since it is heavy in the story and acts as a mini-tutorial.

Vietnamese Crippler
12-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Great game, not sold on the motion controls and a few other control quirks (e.g. firing the slingshot with A instead of B), but it's still a must buy.

LuigiD
01-05-2012, 04:17 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/aa0affd8cfb448c8d94882240abf1662.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/d5c5dd72ad65261e25ed1d517ddbc033.jpg

Buzzkill
01-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Finally started playing this 3 days ago. Really really love it so far. Best looking Zelda game to date, and my favorite up to this point. I just beat the Ancient Cistern...so awesome.

They pretty much got rid of everything I didn't like about Zelda and added a whole bunch of new awesome shit. The pacing is AAA+++++

OssMan
01-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Game is pretty. Music is phenomenal. A mini-map or even a compass would be very welcome. Relies on the Motion Plus too much, why can't swimming or flying just be like it was in Twilight Princess, was so easy. Feel like the control scheme was unnecessarily changed too.

FearedSanctity
01-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Wanted to hang myself with the wiimote when I had to get the tadtones. Swimming with the motion controls was such a pain in the ass

Buzzkill
01-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Game is pretty. Music is phenomenal. A mini-map or even a compass would be very welcome. Relies on the Motion Plus too much, why can't swimming or flying just be like it was in Twilight Princess, was so easy. Feel like the control scheme was unnecessarily changed too.

Honestly thought the motion controlled swimming was way easier than in twilight princess. Whatup

OssMan
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Just got the bow. Wish the archery would be like in Wii Sports Resort, holding the remote upright as opposed to pointing it at the screen. Oh well

Buzzkill
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
It kind of is, you can draw it using the C button on the nunchuck then draw said nunchuck back rather than just holding A. It targets faster that way!

OssMan
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah but I mean the way in which you aim. It feels like it's unreliable and always gets unaligned and stuff. Felt a lot more accurate in Wii Sports Resort.

Buzzkill
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Just beat it. Satisfied with my experience.

Def. the best Zelda game next to ocarina 4 me

Hated Ghirahim tho. Effeminate faggot. Also had v. cheesy lines.

Destor
08-05-2012, 11:12 PM
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo should i pick this up? long time zelda mark im just not sure about it.

Emperor Smeat
08-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Depends on if you really like motion-based combat and the first hour or two being the slowest since its heavy in story at the start.

It does get a lot better after the first temple and some of the boss fights are really great. In terms of motion controls, arguably the best game on the Wii to use them to its full potential.

Destor
08-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Depends on if you really like motion-based combat and the first hour or two being the slowest since its heavy in story at the start.

It does get a lot better after the first temple and some of the boss fights are really great. In terms of motion controls, arguably the best game on the Wii to use them to its full potential.

well i really enjoyed red steele 2 so motion controls arent a major issue for me as long as they function well. but i guess my biggest question is: does it still feel like Zelda? and does it still follow the dungeon field dungeon format?

Emperor Smeat
08-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Yes it still feels like an epic for a Zelda game while keeping part of the traditional dungeon-field-dungeon setup but now with a lot more sidequests and stuff to do.

Also a lot more back tracking than in the past couple of Zelda games which seems to be the biggest complaint about padding for the game.

Sepholio
08-06-2012, 04:07 AM
I'd put this up there with Twilight Princess but still behind Ocarina of Time. Great game though, had a ton of fun with it. One of those games that you wish would never end, you know?

Destor
08-20-2012, 09:58 PM
so i got this. Im gonna update this thread with my thoughts as i go.

Pro- The "big moment" score seems REALLY good.

I love the dash function

I love the stamina function

sword play is very fun and responsive

the art style is good and the cut scenes and characters are good

Cons- the in town music is weak by zelda standars

Starting with 6 hearts? wtf is this shit? this game has to be powerfully short.

i dont like how the town map was already filled. (small gripe)

not a fan of the bird controls. asny wii game that uses that particular meathod gets a :n: from me. least it isnt too loose like most are.

More to come im sure.

Big Vic
08-21-2012, 09:06 AM
This games hurts the fuck out of my wrists.

Destor
08-21-2012, 11:14 PM
...they took out the compass...well thats annoying

the upgrade system is REALLY cool

excluding skyloft the game feels like stages instead of a country like every game has managed to feel like since all the way back to link to the past. huge negitive.

i like the happiness points or whatever it is they call them. good reward system. I'd rather get those than wasted rupees.

i really like how they've removed a day/night cycle in favor of a sleep system. no more having to play a song because im 10 seconds too late. NICE.

the beetle is the lamest item ever. Give me my boomeramg back. it was faster and worked in combat.

the first boss was fairly challenging. I DIG IT.

Them temple was a joke...4 or 5 rooms? course i guess they consider the walk there part of it but that was more combat than puzzle solving...

so far i enjoy it but its lacking. jury is still way out tho for me.

Big Vic
08-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I want to play it but i am in fucking pain.

Destor
08-22-2012, 11:54 AM
the game must be amazing if it can do that :o

OssMan
08-23-2012, 03:43 PM
The beetle is seriously helpful. Maybe you're not far enough yet but you can use it to view areas that you're not able to access yet.

Emperor Smeat
08-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah works out really well for recon stuff or distracting enemies for a bit. Also gets better once the upgrade is obtained.

Destor
08-26-2012, 03:09 AM
i have it fully upgraged. its functionality is exactly that of the seaguls in wind waker. does it allow you obtain things? yeah they designed the game with it it in mind. its still lame as fuck. and now i get a leaf blower...epic.

complaints aside its like every 5 hours of gameplay this game gets better. while most the items seem to have been gear away from combat since wii motion plus seems to take center stage in most combat the game is very deep and very fun.

cant put over how much i love the weapon leveling system. got my goddess sheild to max. LOVE. the potion upgrade are epic good too.

ruppees. cant get enough of em. most games money becomes an after thought after i couple of min into it. this one im constantly going broke buying things.

there's a lot of good here. i dont think its going to crack my top 3 (LttP, MM, and WW) but its seems to be pushing its wa up the list everytime i go deeper into the game. VERY IMPRESSED in that regard.

i LOVE the minus inventory system. adds depth to small but welcomed degree.

few cons:

...the score in very frogettable sadly :(

i dislike sidequests being almost strictly governed by dungeon completion instead of a mixture of sidequest that you simply lack the ability.

the whole flying bird thing seems tacked on. you could remove it and put in teleporters and so far the game would be unchanged. prolly speed things up. i do enjoy free falling tho.

it seems like Link should try to become a gardener. Nets, Leaf Blower, likes to cut grass...he's practically a mexican.

OssMan
08-26-2012, 09:23 AM
He was a farmhand in Twilight Princess.

Destor
08-26-2012, 01:17 PM
He was a farmhand in Twilight Princess.

LOL! very true!