PDA

View Full Version : Kane Unmasked

SubZero24
12-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Before this gimmick I had been a hardcore wrestling fan for most of my life (15 of my 17 years). Last March I attended Wrestlemania XIX and couldn't have been a happier fan. Shortly thereafter the Kane unmasked gimmick came and it ruined everything. How could a single gimmick ruin all of wrestling for me? I just started watching again these past few weeks.... but mostly Smackdown or TNA. Do they think they've got something with Kane or what? It's pathetically sad. I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

Mr. JL
12-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I don't like the way they played out the angle but just go with it I guess. It kinda happened out of nowhere as well. Just like the writers had another writers block and a 10 minute time slot to fill.

Try to not let it ruin you as a wrestling fan. Search for some old Japan wrestling bouts with Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid & Hayabusa in it. It fills the gaps that the WWE leaves out. It actually inspired me alot to start watching the WWE and the wrestling business as a whole.

If you are having problems finding any, give me a shout and I think I can set you up with a few matches.

Danny Electric
12-17-2003, 02:27 PM
You were a hardcore wrestling fan at 2. Jesus Christ at that age the only thing I cared about was Thomas The Tank Engine.
I think this new lease of life is good for him, it's given him a bigger push than before and he was just in a main event.
Before he was challenging for the hardcore title.

Kane Knight
12-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Heh. I disliked the unmasking, but I liked the way they played it up. Kane was never scarred...Not physically. Kane was just unstable. Serial killer sorta shit. He's someone with an image disorder resulting from the fire. He was kinda like Anorectics who believe they're fat at 75 lbs. I think that reasoning for him not REALLY being scarred is awesome.

The Dub
12-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Heh. I disliked the unmasking, but I liked the way they played it up. Kane was never scarred...Not physically. Kane was just unstable. Serial killer sorta shit. He's someone with an image disorder resulting from the fire. He was kinda like Anorectics who believe they're fat at 75 lbs. I think that reasoning for him not REALLY being scarred is awesome.
They had to change the story of his character to make it more believable. They would have had to so extensive make-up work to make it look like he was scarred and the make-up would have worn off during matches, so they went in a different direction with the story of his character. Then again, if he was not really scarred, why is half of his head shaved?

Disturbed316
12-17-2003, 03:55 PM
At first I was like 'wtf thats gay' when he unmasked. But then when he went nuts and tombstoned Linda I was like 'Heeeeeeeey :cool: ' but now its kinda got stale. I think his feud with Shane killed it.

It would have been an ideal time to have gotten the belt off of Triple H at that time, the crowd were really behind him at this point also. Give Kane a decent run with it, unlike his previous reign of a day. But they chose to stick him in a feud with Shane and kill off any chance of him becoming world champ IMO.

Kane Knight
12-17-2003, 04:04 PM
They had to change the story of his character to make it more believable. They would have had to so extensive make-up work to make it look like he was scarred and the make-up would have worn off during matches, so they went in a different direction with the story of his character. Then again, if he was not really scarred, why is half of his head shaved?

Yes. They had to change the story of his character. Did you figure this out
all by yourself?

the good part was the fact that it made sense. In fact, it made a lot of sense. Well, it made enough sense to be consistent with past changes and such.

Half his head is shaved, half his head is buzzed short. The guy was supposed to be burned, so it still makes sense. A burn doesn't have to scar you to prevent hair from growing back.

Kane Knight
12-17-2003, 04:05 PM
At first I was like 'wtf thats gay' when he unmasked. But then when he went nuts and tombstoned Linda I was like 'Heeeeeeeey :cool: ' but now its kinda got stale. I think his feud with Shane killed it.

If he had totally destroyed Shane, it woulda been awesome. Then Vince comes along and decides to hit him with punishment. Put him up against a real challenge. Given the people they were pushing at the time. Goldberg woulda been a good choice.

The Dub
12-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Yes. They had to change the story of his character. Did you figure this out
all by yourself?

the good part was the fact that it made sense. In fact, it made a lot of sense. Well, it made enough sense to be consistent with past changes and such.

Half his head is shaved, half his head is buzzed short. The guy was supposed to be burned, so it still makes sense. A burn doesn't have to scar you to prevent hair from growing back.
He gets his hair cut every week. What are you talking about?

Spoon Bender
12-17-2003, 04:09 PM
You were a hardcore wrestling fan at 2. Jesus Christ at that age the only thing I cared about was Thomas The Tank Engine.
I think this new lease of life is good for him, it's given him a bigger push than before and he was just in a main event.
Before he was challenging for the hardcore title.

Tomas challenged for the hardcore tile!? Holey shit! :eek:

KayfabeMan
12-17-2003, 04:13 PM
I was thinking that :lol:

Corkscrewed
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
If he had totally destroyed Shane, it woulda been awesome. Then Vince comes along and decides to hit him with punishment. Put him up against a real challenge. Given the people they were pushing at the time. Goldberg woulda been a good choice.

Exactly. His unmasking was definitely intriguing, but they killed him with Shane, who singlehanded stopped him a few times when real wrestlers could not. :'(

Savio
12-17-2003, 05:05 PM
When did shane stop him? When he crashed thats the only time I can remember

Kane Knight
12-17-2003, 11:24 PM
He gets his hair cut every week. What are you talking about?

I was talking about the OTHER part. You know, the STORY that is wrestling...Do you try to be this dense, or does it come naturally?

sexymanalive
12-27-2003, 03:05 PM
i love it i though is was great but there one thing i want to now the kane they have now looks more muscular and bigger then when he had his masked on is there 2 kane or did he just get really buff

i really want to know am a big fan

Kane Knight
12-27-2003, 03:12 PM
i love it i though is was great but there one thing i want to now the kane they have now looks more muscular and bigger then when he had his masked on is there 2 kane or did he just get really buff

i really want to know am a big fan

Just a little something for everyone out there wondering about him...

From his public profile:

Birthday:
January 3, 1987
Biography:
I lost a firend to drugs
Interests:
i love to wirte

The guy's 17 (Or claims to be), lives in America (Unless VA stands for something other than Virginia...:wtf: ), and loves to "write," (At least I think that's what wirte is), yet cannot spell or even write something that is intelligible (Much less good English).

This is pure comedy gold.

AareDub
12-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Just a little something for everyone out there wondering about him...

From his public profile:

Birthday:
January 3, 1987
Biography:
I lost a firend to drugs
Interests:
i love to wirte

The guy's 17 (Or claims to be), lives in America (Unless VA stands for something other than Virginia...:wtf: ), and loves to "write," (At least I think that's what wirte is), yet cannot spell or even write something that is intelligible (Much less good English).

This is pure comedy gold.

I agree. Usually I would try to flame a stupid n00b like him, but this guy is just too funny!

Kane Knight
12-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Actually you are wrong. When he first got unmasked, storywise, he was scared. He still didn't want to show his face, that's the whole point of having a towel over his head and having his head bent down. He would beat up anyone that made fun of him. But then as time went along, Kane storywise got used to having the mask off and now he's not scared at all for showing his face. It's at the point now when he feels that he likes it without the mask on.

All I said was he wasn't actually scarRed. That his face was fine. Nothing here seems to argue that, or my statement of his perceived image disorder. In fact, other than saying that I am wrong, your statement seems to totally AGREE with mine. Funny that.

Corkscrewed
12-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey, just remember. Dark_Kane knows what he talks about. Remember that, son.

Kane Knight
12-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey, just remember. Dark_Kane knows what he talks about. Remember that, son.

I think he has effectively demonstrated his knowledge recently.

BasicThuganomics
12-27-2003, 08:21 PM
It was a good idea, I think to do it. Because his character was getting stale. But what made it really ****ing stupid, was that for the first two weeks they tried to pretend he was some kind of hideous ugly monster. That was just bad planning on the WWE's part. The hair coming off doesn't make sense when he isn't actually scarred. The WWE tried to go with him being hideous, (JR and King saying how ugly and hideous he was for the first two weeks) but he obviously wasn't. That's what ruined the angle for me. But I enjoyed him and RVD fighting, and the fact that the WWE turned him into a ruthless psycopath with no feelings was a good idea instead of trying to make him a babyface. But, as many people have said, his fued with Shane was not a good idea, and took away time from other wrestlers who deserve to be on TV.

The Naitch
12-28-2003, 02:01 AM
I liked the way the whole unmasking played out. It's what happened after that kinda killed the rest of it. Thanks Shane. :nono:

Kane Knight
12-28-2003, 03:37 AM
The hair coming off doesn't make sense when he isn't actually scarred.

Excessive heat can prevent hair from growing in, even without actually scarring the flesh, per se. Such as the heat of being burned as a kid, possibly (I'm no doctor, but I doubt the WWE would consult a medical expert anyways)

I'd also like to offer that there are parts of my face that will not grow hair at all, as a result of having my face opened up on ice. There is no remaining scar tissue that I can tell--The areas are just bald, or as close as to make little difference.

That's the funny thing about the human body...It's very resillient, but nowhere near as consistent as we'd like it to be.

Hmmmm...Maybe I could work some sorta wrestling gimmick around that. After the Undertaker Burned Kane, Kane lit the halfway home where his other brother was staying on fire. And unlike Kane, I don't need makeup to look hideous and deformed. Between my natural "beauty" and the odd facial hair I could have if I grew out, I'd be cracking mirrors naturally...

BasicThuganomics
12-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Excessive heat can prevent hair from growing in, even without actually scarring the flesh, per se. Such as the heat of being burned as a kid, possibly (I'm no doctor, but I doubt the WWE would consult a medical expert anyways)

I'd also like to offer that there are parts of my face that will not grow hair at all, as a result of having my face opened up on ice. There is no remaining scar tissue that I can tell--The areas are just bald, or as close as to make little difference.

That's the funny thing about the human body...It's very resillient, but nowhere near as consistent as we'd like it to be.

Hmmmm...Maybe I could work some sorta wrestling gimmick around that. After the Undertaker Burned Kane, Kane lit the halfway home where his other brother was staying on fire. And unlike Kane, I don't need makeup to look hideous and deformed. Between my natural "beauty" and the odd facial hair I could have if I grew out, I'd be cracking mirrors naturally...

Ok, but then why did he still have some hair when he first took the mask off? And the fact that he apparently had on fake hair the whole time he's been in the WWE? Thats just dumb. My point is that the angle wasn't planned out as well as it should have been.