PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling unions?

Darwin Henderson
12-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Wouldnt it be illegal for vince to sack someone for trying to start a union?
I've heard that some wrestlers want to form a union, so really what have they got too lose.
They are unhappy at the pay and considering that most of them have wrestled on the indie scene or in japan and mexico and some have money saved from before why doesnt someone leave when 75% of them are unhappy according to the internet?

Vince isnt paying them a lot now is he.

The CyNick
12-17-2003, 04:20 PM
There will never be unions in wrestling.

If say at WM XX the two guys foghting for the WWE title walked out because of union issues, there would be two more guys who would step over their mothers to take that top spot.

It'll never happen.

Rob
12-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Vince already sacked people for that. Remember, everyone in WWE bar the wrestlers are employees. The talent are "independent contractors" which means employee without any of the benefits.

Union could only happen if the day before Mania, 90% of the boys got together and made a pact to confront Vince and Linda an hour before the PPV goes to air and say they want a union now or they aren't working Mania. Of course, none of the boys would stick together though so Vince would find out prior to the meeting and get rid of the trouble makers.

KayfabeMan
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Vince already sacked people for that. Remember, everyone in WWE bar the wrestlers are employees. The talent are "independent contractors" which means employee without any of the benefits.

Union could only happen if the day before Mania, 90% of the boys got together and made a pact to confront Vince and Linda an hour before the PPV goes to air and say they want a union now or they aren't working Mania. Of course, none of the boys would stick together though so Vince would find out prior to the meeting and get rid of the trouble makers.

Exactly.A good 90% of the lockerroom are ball-less wonders,who are
afraid of losing their jobs with the WWE :roll:

Disturbed316
12-17-2003, 04:56 PM
There already has been a union.

Mankind, Shamrock, Test, Big Show were a few guys in it

:shifty:

Kane Knight
12-17-2003, 05:06 PM
There already has been a union.

Mankind, Shamrock, Test, Big Show were a few guys in it

:shifty: