PDA

View Full Version : THE SCHLOMEY REPORT - Reviews of RAW/SD/PPV's

Schlomey
06-25-2010, 11:50 PM
WELCOME to The inaugural SHLOMEY REPORT! I have been reviewing the last few PPV's here on the forums and have come to realize that people deserve to read, in extremely long lengths, mind you, my thoughts and opinions on the world of pro wrestling.

In this thread I will be reviewing the shows but also giving each of you an in depth look into this Jews soul. I'll be posting diatribes and witty commentaries on all things wrestling related. Now that the disclaimers have been written and the children are asleep.

PLEASE ENJOY ..............

http://i46.tinypic.com/b9g515.jpg

6/25/2010 - FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN REVIEW

SEGMENT 1 - Teddy & Vickie
Ok well this isn't starting off very well. I missed the opening segment. I am relying on the spoilers to assume that this was a standard opening segment plugging the next PPV and setting up a match for tonight. Fine.

MATCH 1 - Jack Swagger vs The Big Show
Swagger comes out and promises to bring pain and what not to everyone who gets in his way before Money In The Bank. Cool. This match was super tight. Last time these 2 fought I thought it was kind of a stinker. Swagger upped his game here tonight and put on a good match. I am also back in love with Big Show. His sell job at the end was def. top shelf. This SHOULD be considered one of the best matches of the month. Swagger went over like a beast and Show sold the shit out of his injury. Who cares it ended in a DQ when the action was this tight.

I give this match 7 shiny nickels out of 10.

MATCH 2 - Christian, Kofi & MVP vs Hawkins, Archer & Ziggler
This match features a lot of talent. There is a nice little bit of beef to go along with the randomness of the match. As far as Archer and Hawkins go, I am really high on them currently and tonight is no exception. All 6 guys were on fire tonight (except Kofi who botched a little) and really helped get Hawkins and Ryder some push. The fact that Ziggler spent the majority of the match in the ring for his team doesn't bother me because the other fellas got plenty of shots in from the outside. Not typically a fan of random 6 man tags but for some reason this one did it for me.

I give this match 6 Indian Head Penny's out of 10.

SEGMENT 2 - Kane talking to a casket. Basically I hate this type of overproduced bullshit. Never was a fan in the Attitude Era and especially not a fan now.

MATCH 3- Matt Hardy vs Drew McIntire
Wasn't a fan of McIntire until his match against Kofi at the last PPV. He actually excited me during that match so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt tonight and went in HOPING to enjoy the match. And that I did. Seriously Hardy is over like a beast (who knows why anymore) and it really was an electric match. Both guys put on a TV match clinic and got plenty of time to tell their story. The finish was a tad underwhelming but I was happy to see a good match out of Hardy and glad to be continuing my new found appreciation for Drew.

I give this match 9 George Washington Dollar Bills out of 10

SEGMENT 3 - Cody Rhodes comes out and talks up a fucking storm. I love me some Cody Rhodes but I did trail off there after the first minute or 2. But when he made his way to Chimmel & the fans I perked back up until the brilliant ending where he called himself DASHING over and over. Pretty cool and I am glad he is getting a new direction on Smackers.

MATCH 4 - Rosa Mendez vs Kelly Kelly
Rosa is jumping rope like a fucking idiot and loses within 2 seconds. Yes I hate the WWE Diva department and not even LayCool made this interesting.

I give this match 1 really ugly old penny with gum on it out of 10

MATCH 5 - Kane vs CM Punk
So this show has been really good. We have had tag matches, singles matches, girlie matches and now a hardcore match. The match itself has a story going in to it and it features 2 mainstays on my favorites list. Kane and Punk. It is kinda cool to see Kane back in the main event..I bet he is stoked too. Anyways, the match was fun and kinda reminded me of an Attitude Era arena brawl. Mainly because it was total anarchy due to the SES interference. The ending was pretty funny as Punk runs away into the night on the mean streets of New Hampshire.

I give this match 8 fifty cent pieces out of 10

OVERALL SHOW RATING - 31 out of 50

A lot better watching this show than reading it on paper. Glad I tuned in as we saw really good actual wrestling matches...and even more importantly, we saw actual storyline progression from basically everything that happened tonight. So , Wheeee for WWE

BEST MATCH OF THE NIGHT - Hardy vs McIntire
WORST MATCH OF THE NIGHT - Rosa vs Kelly Kelly
BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT - Big Show selling the leg
WORST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT - Nobody was bad but Kofi was kinda the lame duck in his match

The Pope
06-25-2010, 11:52 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDajqW561KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDajqW561KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Juan
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
tl;dr

jskinnyg
06-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Looking forward to more bro.. Nicely done...