PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton Appreciation Thread

blake639raw
06-26-2010, 11:35 PM
So yeah, here's the deal. I used to be a big Orton mark in 2004. After the failed face turn, his career I felt took a nosedive. But I will say, in the last year or so, Orton has really stepped his game up incredibly. The Viper gimmick makes him alot less generic, and I would even go as far as to say that he may be the best in the business right now. The way he moves, walks, talks. Anyway, appreciate away.

Juan
06-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Him and Punk are probably the most interesting "top guys" in WWE right now

blake639raw
06-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah, Punk is really hitting his stride too. I'd love to see Punk/Orton at Mania next year.

The Pope
06-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Well you're gonna see them there just like this year.

Juan
06-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Dr. Perfect's got jokes!

Mooияakeя™
06-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Agreed. I have to admit, I hope they use a few of the NXT guys right as well. Barret has the mixture to be a top fuck. Orton is showing people just what the WWE could be. Fucking hell, if only this PG shit would go away and rot.

The Pope
06-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks for admitting it Mooияakeя™

blake639raw
06-26-2010, 11:49 PM
In the age of pussy ass babyfaces, Orton is such a breathe of fresh air. I just hope they don't lame him out over time. Right now, he's on fire.

The Pope
06-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I liked when he had CM Punk's song and I guess I still do:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbfuHLtLqkQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbfuHLtLqkQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
06-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah, the best thing about Orton is that he is a throw-back to the Attitude era-style face. He reminds people of Stone Cold Steve Austin because he just doesn't give a damn. That's why I hope Orton sets the world on fire. This PG-era stuff holds the WWE back, I feel.

The best thing about a CM Punk vs. Randy Orton, besides the logic of putting your biggest heel in the ring with your hottest babyface, is that both characters are ones I imagine would have done so well in the Attitude era.

blake639raw
06-27-2010, 12:01 AM
I mean, Orton and Punk show that you don't have to be raunchy to have edge. We don't need another Attitude Era to have stars that aren't prototypical clones. I mean, I always used to think Orton was just a bland ass clone, but man, he's the fn' man right now. I would like to see Punk win the belt off Mysterio, and hold it till Mania, where he drops it to Orton.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Well, no, I don't think you need to be raunchy. But this "Hustle, loyalty, respect" bullshit is nausiating.

blake639raw
06-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Agreed. Cena's lame, but he's for the kids. Orton is like a babyface for the adults who take their kids to the show. If Orton can remain over as a babyface, I would love to see a double face match between him and Cena a few years down the line at Mania.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm still maintaining that as my prediction for the main event of WrestleMania next year in Atlanta:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. 2011 Royal Rumble Winner Randy Orton

tjmidnight420
06-27-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm still maintaining that as my prediction for the main event of WrestleMania next year in Atlanta:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. 2011 Royal Rumble Winner Randy Orton

That would be awesome, Noid. :y:

Juan
06-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Orton/Cena # 624? No thanks

blak23
06-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Agreed. I have to admit, I hope they use a few of the NXT guys right as well. Barret has the mixture to be a top fuck. Orton is showing people just what the WWE could be. Fucking hell, if only this PG shit would go away and rot.

in all seriousness pg isnt really doing anything to the product we still have golden acts like orton, punk, edge, and sheamus in pg and even without pg these guys would still be golden

blake639raw
06-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Orton/Cena # 624? No thanks Yeah, it's played out right now. If they don't fight for a long time, and rebuild Randy Orton as a face, and he becomes THE face for the company (meaning comparable to Cena), then this could be a big match for the company down the line. I mean, it's one of those things, that timing will be very important. They don't want to wait TOO long, but at the same time, if they do it too soon it won't mean much. Hopefully this NXT shit will occupy Cena for awhile, so a few guys can be elevated from that. They just have to pay attention to everything, and try to do it at the right time. It's hard to say when that will be.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Orton/Cena # 624? No thanks

It wouldn't get me to watch RAW or anything, but I think with both of these guys faces, the feud would regather some of its original energies (if it had any, I seem to remember people liking it). All that history between the two, with Orton punting Cena's dad, pinning him in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania XXIV and all that jazz could really lead up to something big.

The dynamics between Cena and Orton would be more interesting this time, too. Adults would mainly be on the side of Orton, while the kids would generally be cheering Cena. But even then you'd have some kids going for Orton, breaking the hearts of the kids that go for Cena.

Also, what I love, is that the logical booking for the match would dictate that Orton goes over. Man, imagine Cena going for an Attitude Adjustment, but Orton going with the momentum and catching Cena with a second or third RKO to end the match. Orton would be a six-time WWE Champion and seven-time World Champion, and after the match you could have Cena offer Orton his hand or something, only for Orton to give Cena another RKO. Orton would again be the only splotch on Cena's WrestleMania record. For as much as Cena is the franchise player, Orton would prove again that at Mania he is just that little bit ahead of Cena.

It might be too early to do it, but Randy Orton is the one guy that I think could be a strong enough face to carry the company against a heel John Cena, as well. Imagine the promos heading into a WrestleMania XXVII match, with Orton saying he will do anything to be the WWE Champion. He's proven it by punting Cena, punting Cena's dad, etc. He hates Cena because he's the WWE Champion. Then Cena would be usually Cena "Hustle, loyalty, respect! I work so hard every day of my life, Randy! You won't take this away from me!" People would be booing Cena, cheering Randy, and then at WrestleMania you pull the shocker of Cena aligning with Mr. McMahon to screw Orton. Children would be crying, people would be pissed, and they would want to see some punts. It'd be an interesting summer, to say the least.

But even if they don't do it at WrestleMania XXVII, they could have Cena's loss to Orton build to the eventual point where he does turn heel against Orton. It'd have a very Austin/Rock vibe to it, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

blake639raw
06-27-2010, 12:36 AM
It wouldn't get me to watch RAW or anything, but I think with both of these guys faces, the feud would regather some of its original energies (if it had any, I seem to remember people liking it). All that history between the two, with Orton punting Cena's dad, pinning him in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania XXIV and all that jazz could really lead up to something big.

The dynamics between Cena and Orton would be more interesting this time, too. Adults would mainly be on the side of Orton, while the kids would generally be cheering Cena. But even then you'd have some kids going for Orton, breaking the hearts of the kids that go for Cena.

Also, what I love, is that the logical booking for the match would dictate that Orton goes over. Man, imagine Cena going for an Attitude Adjustment, but Orton going with the momentum and catching Cena with a second or third RKO to end the match. Orton would be a six-time WWE Champion and seven-time World Champion, and after the match you could have Cena offer Orton his hand or something, only for Orton to give Cena another RKO. Orton would again be the only splotch on Cena's WrestleMania record. For as much as Cena is the franchise player, Orton would prove again that at Mania he is just that little bit ahead of Cena.

It might be too early to do it, but Randy Orton is the one guy that I think could be a strong enough face to carry the company against a heel John Cena, as well. Imagine the promos heading into a WrestleMania XXVII match, with Orton saying he will do anything to be the WWE Champion. He's proven it by punting Cena, punting Cena's dad, etc. He hates Cena because he's the WWE Champion. Then Cena would be usually Cena "Hustle, loyalty, respect! I work so hard every day of my life, Randy! You won't take this away from me!" People would be booing Cena, cheering Randy, and then at WrestleMania you pull the shocker of Cena aligning with Mr. McMahon to screw Orton. Children would be crying, people would be pissed, and they would want to see some punts. It'd be an interesting summer, to say the least.

But even if they don't do it at WrestleMania XXVII, they could have Cena's loss to Orton build to the eventual point where he does turn heel against Orton. It'd have a very Austin/Rock vibe to it, but I don't think that's a bad thing. :y:

tjmidnight420
06-27-2010, 12:54 AM

But even if they don't do it at WrestleMania XXVII, they could have Cena's loss to Orton build to the eventual point where he does turn heel against Orton. It'd have a very Austin/Rock vibe to it, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I made my origional post. Plus who would pass up a chance to see someone kick Cena in the head?

Juan
06-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Someone who's seen it a hundred times already perhaps...

The Pope
06-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Damn John Cena

jskinnyg
06-27-2010, 02:29 AM
In the age of pussy ass babyfaces, Orton is such a breathe of fresh air. I just hope they don't lame him out over time. Right now, he's on fire.

This is how I feel... Kinda like an SCSA in an era of WWE PG bullshit... Love some Orton, Punk, Miz, JERICHO is GOD of course & actually Ryder...

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Zack Ryder gets it. I don't know what it is about him, but I expect fairly big things. I hope for them, anyway. If he's in Money in the Bank (and I hope that he is), he could be a sleeper for the highlight reels.

XCaliber
06-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I liked when he had CM Punk's song and I guess I still do:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbfuHLtLqkQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbfuHLtLqkQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

See now having this theme now would make a lot more sense then it did back then i'd wish he had kept it and CM Punk had gotten a good knockoff of his ROH theme.

Providence Peep
06-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I appreciate Randy Orton.
He makes me jizz without touching myself. :wave: