PDA

View Full Version : Is it considered wierd

Razzamajazz
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
to go to a rasslin' show by yourself? I'm considering getting a low level ticket to bragging rights, but it may take some time to get a few people to commit to their schedules to go along with me and by then the closer seats to the ring will fill up.

Any experiences like this? I know it won't be as fun but dammit, I wanna go to a live ppv.

I await the trolls to call me a loser.

Juan
06-28-2010, 06:00 PM
I went to The Bash last year by myself

Cool King
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
to go to a rasslin' show by yourself? I'm considering getting a low level ticket to bragging rights, but it may take some time to get a few people to commit to their schedules to go along with me and by then the closer seats to the ring will fill up.

Any experiences like this? I know it won't be as fun but dammit, I wanna go to a live ppv.

I await the trolls to call me a loser.

I've wanted to go to some of the WWE events when they're in the UK but I can never get anyone to come with me. Mostly because none of my friends actually like wrestling anymore and most have jobs.

Last time I went to a WWE event, it was a SmackDown/ECW house show during their UK tour after WrestleMania XXIV. I managed to go with a friend, but only because her sister is a wrestling fan and she was going to the event anyway and asked if I'd like to join them.

I've often wondered the same as you though.

I went to The Bash last year by myself

Was it any good going to an event by yourself?

Xero
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I've gone to the past five or so shows alone. Would be a shit ton better with someone obviously but I still enjoy it immensely. Usually will luck out and have someone who's relatively "smart" around me who I talk to. Though I go to the New York and Philly crowds.

Xero
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Though don't take my word for it, I'm weird as it is.

Razzamajazz
06-28-2010, 06:19 PM
well, i just bought one for the low level just off to the side/corner of the ring, i almost got a 3rd row behind the announcers, but $300 for that is just to much

XCaliber
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Heck I though it was weird going to the movie all by myself that one time I'm not sure that i'd ever do it for sports and/or entertainment either but hey maybe that's just me.

Juan
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Was it any good going to an event by yourself?

Yeah it wasn't bad. Everyone around me was marking out huge for Jericho, so that was pretty nice.

Jeritron
06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I haven't happend to have gone alone but I imagine it would still be fun. My advice would be to not let that stuff bother you. Be who you are and enjoy yourself.
I go to movies alone all the time even though it's got a slight taboo of "socially unacceptable" to it. Who cares?

This has reminded me of a small WWE event in my area soon that I really want to go to now. I have decided that if nobody is around to go with me I'm still going to go

Xero
06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Sat next to and talked to a guy who looked exactly like Jabba (TPWW's, not The Hutt) at FFW.

Jeritron
06-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Everytime I go to a WWE event I somehow end up sitting next to a kid who's a Kane mark. It's science

jskinnyg
06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
You think you guys got it bad sometimes when you go alone... Try going to Lucha Libre alone when you're spanish isn't that great...

Nicky Fives
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
If I ever go to a WWE event, I would have to go by myself, as no one I know likes wrestling..... I'd just hope I'd get a ticket next to a hot chick....

The Pope
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Not weird at all, I went to the RoH first ever event in Phoenix by myself.

The Pope
06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
If I ever go to a WWE event, I would have to go by myself, as no one I know likes wrestling..... I'd just hope I'd get a ticket next to a hot chick....

Hard for me since I have a great spanish vocabulary.

addy2hotty
06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Went to Wrestlemania 18 on my own and I live in the UK.

Met a bunch of weirdo Brits in Toronto. Kinda made me glad I was on my own.

Done a couple of shows here as well by myself. Doubt I would these days, being a bit older. Was hoping my 5 year old daughter would get into it, but so far it's been met with 'boring' comments. Damn that Spongebob.

Nothing wrong with it. At least you can enjoy the show without worrying about what someone else thinks, especially if they don't even like wrestling.

Team Sheep
06-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Have sat by myself at Wrestlemania the past two years and enjoyed it. This year I was sat next to a crazy Californian girl who was alright to talk to, and dived for Batista's elbow pad and scrapped with the bloke behind us for it. Crazy girl. She told me she was a goalkeeper and had a huge bruise down her arm after it. I'd say go for it. You might get lucky and end up sitting next to someone tidy you can talk to, but if not it's still a good laugh.

Here's a pic I took of her achievement btw:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ez4ikz.jpg

Droford
06-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Ive only been to 2 shows that I didnt go by myself.

Starcade at the MCI Center in 1999 with my Aunt
A SD taping in 2001 down in Charleston SC with a girl from the apartment across from where I was when I was in college.

ministrychick77
06-28-2010, 08:19 PM
i went to the same ppv juan did alone. was rather fun, but that could have been cause i was getting hit on a lot. also had fun talking to random people..

Razzamajazz
06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
with my luck i'll be right behind some asshole with a sign and surrounded by kids wearing orange shirts

Xero
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I was behind a guy with a giant head at FFW. Really pissed me off and was a pain in the ass to see the ring (floor, 11 rows back). Honestly put me off from the floor for anything further than like 5 rows back.

ministrychick77
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
with my luck i'll be right behind some asshole with a sign and surrounded by kids wearing orange shirts

lol.. just reminded me of something.

at the bash 09 i actually made a little girl cry cause i was cheering miz instead of cena.

girl: "daddy, why is that girl booing john cena? he's the good guy.. and she liked the miz.. "
dad: " because some people like to cheer the bad guys sweetie."
girl: " but john cena's the best wrestler... /cries"

actually found out this happened by running into the dad a few months later at the mall.

Providence Peep
06-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I haven't happend to have gone alone but I imagine it would still be fun. My advice would be to not let that stuff bother you. Be who you are and enjoy yourself.
I go to movies alone all the time even though it's got a slight taboo of "socially unacceptable" to it. Who cares?

THIS :y:
I've gone to plenty of shows alone, and yeah it bothers me sometimes, but I don't know too many people and nobody I know would want to come with me. I can either stay home because of this, or go to the shows and try to enjoy them, in spite of it. Though, I must say, guys, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who goes alone.

Xero
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Let's all go together. :'(

Razzamajazz
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
that would be interesting

Providence Peep
06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
For a while now, I've been trying to plan something like this, where we all (or as many people as possible) to go a live show together. Of course, being up here in Parts Unknown doesn't help me any!

Blue Demon
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Let's all buy tix to WrestleMania 27 in the same section :shifty:

Razzamajazz
WM 28, start saving now

Blue Demon
And we'll make a giant TPWW sign.

ministrychick77
06-28-2010, 08:43 PM
i'm going to mania 29 myself...

Providence Peep
06-28-2010, 08:44 PM
WHY NOT?!?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! :)

Razzamajazz
06-28-2010, 08:44 PM
all with one letter painted on our chest to spell it out?

Triple Naitch
06-28-2010, 08:49 PM
I've gone to the past five or so shows alone. Would be a shit ton better with someone obviously but I still enjoy it immensely. Usually will luck out and have someone who's relatively "smart" around me who I talk to. Though I go to the New York and Philly crowds.

Still waiting for you to invite me. :wavesad:

Xero
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Shit, forgot who that was who offered. :$

Next time I'm looking I'll get back to you. Unless you want to hit the EVOLVE show in Union City...

Providence Peep
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
If any of you are ever up here in New England for a show and want someone to go with, PM me! Especially Providence or the Mohegan Sun.

Evil Vito
06-28-2010, 08:52 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I've gone to a few local shows alone. It's really not a big deal. You're there to watch an event.</font>

Rammsteinmad
06-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't consider it strange. Can't say about wrestling events, but I sometimes go to the cinema by myself.

Like Big Vito 22 said, you're there to watch an event, and chances are you'll start talking to the people around you at some point.

Triple Naitch
06-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Shit, forgot who that was who offered. :$

Next time I'm looking I'll get back to you. Unless you want to hit the EVOLVE show in Union City...

Where's Union City?

Xero
06-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Near NYC.

Kane Knight
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Not weird at all, I went to the RoH first ever event in Phoenix by myself.
So did the other three fans.

BAZING!

Poit
06-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't consider it weird. And yeah, I've gone to a show alone before.

Huh... maybe I should ask Tb1/Narc/Fraze if they're going to the next WWE show in San Jose.

Juan
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't think Narc is going, but Tb1, The Fraze and I will be there.

Poit
06-28-2010, 10:56 PM
:wave:

Juan
06-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Are you going?

Poit
06-29-2010, 12:31 AM
That I am.

Juan
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Where you sitting?

Poit
06-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Section 115. What about you guys?

Juan
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
We're all in diff sections. I'm in section Ring 7 and I think the FRAZE is somewhere around there too, Ring 8 maybe. Tb1 i believe is by the ramp in section Ring 5. Basically, we're "ringside"

Juan
06-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Wait, i just re-read your post. I thought you meant the Raw taping comping up in August in Sacramento (even though you clearly said San Jose lol). That's that one I'm talking about

Poit
06-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Ah. So none of you are going to the Smackdown taping in San Jose in August?

XL
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Personally, I don't think I'd be too comfortable with going alone. I kinda see going to the cinema alone as a "social taboo" and you get to sit in the dark when you go there (although there have been times when I wish I had gone on my own!).

Having said that I see plenty of people going to the football (soccer) alone and have once found myself hugging a stranger after a goal (a fat, smelly, male stranger no-less).

I've always wondered why the Brit contingent of TPWW never tried to get together for a show when they're over here?

Juan
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Ah. So none of you are going to the Smackdown taping in San Jose in August?

I don't think so. You might want to double check with Tb1 and The Fraze tho

Mooияakeя™
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
If I could bear the fucking product as "whole" show I'd go, but I find myself making RAW into a 30 min episode thanks to SKY+. What makes it worse is, I think I'd actually go to a TNA event without hesitation if they did one over here. But, I'd probably drag the missus.

It's not bad to go alone, just cool if you can talk with someone through it I guess. Bar the smaller shows cos it's like smark camp there anyway.

I'd love to go to a PPV, but I ain't going over to the US for that. However, I'm planning on going to the states for holiday sometime soon, so might just plan to get a show in. I want to plan it proper tho. Like take in a ball game, hockey and an IRL / Nascar race. The plan is to get like a month off work and drive the US a bit.

BTW, on that note, is it hard to buy tix for said above. Fuck NFL, got no interest in that shit at all. An MLS game I'd like to take in though. Last time I was in the US I watched Galaxy vs Miami Fusion, or should I say Fusion @ Galaxy. So it'd be nice to see if it's actually moved on a bit.

Razzamajazz
06-29-2010, 05:14 PM
you'd rather watch nascar over the nfl? :nono:

although both are usually filled with drunk rednecks, so it could be sort of the same...

but yeah, ticketmaster is great for getting tickets to events, but i don't know if they do anything internationally or not. i don't imagin it would be too difficult

XL
06-29-2010, 07:31 PM
What makes it worse is, I think I'd actually go to a TNA event without hesitation if they did one over here. But, I'd probably drag the missus.
Got some good (or bad) news for you. TNA do tour the UK.

M-A-G
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Just go. Do you ask people to go with you when you eat, shop, or attend a concert? If they want to tag along, they'll tag along. I've attended one show solo and it's a great way to meet other fans because you're not bogged down by your friends puking or groping the concession vendor.

Mooияakeя™
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Got some good (or bad) news for you. TNA do tour the UK.

I'm slight concerned now. I feel on edge. Like I must make a decision on whether to go to an event of theirs next time there over here right now.

Mooияakeя™
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
you'd rather watch nascar over the nfl? :nono:

although both are usually filled with drunk rednecks, so it could be sort of the same...

but yeah, ticketmaster is great for getting tickets to events, but i don't know if they do anything internationally or not. i don't imagin it would be too difficult

I'm a racing fan, and although I hate US racing as it seems like all you guys do is fucking ovals and actually "LOVE" it. I want to get to a proper circuit or a street circuit. It won't be until next year. I need to decide where to go. I have been to Riverside, CA and Laughlin, NV. Florida is quite cheap over here to go to, can get a villa there too. But like I said I'd love to drive the US. I don't think I could do the impact! zone with all those fucking marks there. So No real need to go to Florida. Bar South Beach. Just cos of Vice City and Miami Vice.

XL
06-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm slight concerned now. I feel on edge. Like I must make a decision on whether to go to an event of theirs next time there over here right now.
You have plenty of time...

Glasgow (Braehead Arena) - 27/1/11
Manchester (MEN Arena) - 28/1/11
London (Wembely Arena) - 29/1/11

Poit
06-29-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't think so. You might want to double check with Tb1 and The Fraze tho

Will do, thanks.

Kane Knight
06-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Just go. Do you ask people to go with you when you eat, shop, or attend a concert? If they want to tag along, they'll tag along. I've attended one show solo and it's a great way to meet other fans because you're not bogged down by your friends puking or groping the concession vendor.

A lot of people do those as, you know, social activities.

How do I know?

...I read it on Wikipedia. :'(