PDA

View Full Version : "1,001 Answers To Your Burning Questions"

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
So I went to CVS and paid $10 for the newest "Special Issue" of WWE magazine. As some of you know, it's got "1,001 Answers To Your Burning Questions." Figured I'd save you folks some money buy posting (one at a time) a few of the questions and answers that are published in the magazine. See what you think:

Question: "What's the one thing fans don't quite understand about a typical match?"

Answer by Randy Orton: "What we as Superstars put our bodies through. We perform several times a week, sometimes two or three times a night. People can't quite appreciate what we have to do all year round. Someone who's on top works every show and might only have a weekend or two off per year."

Discuss........

Juan
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
One at a time, eh?

Nicky Fives
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
since when do they perform twice a night????? I guess kayfabe is still alive in the magazine article world.....

Xero
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Every one of them will get a negative rep.

Just an FYI.

addy2hotty
06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Question no.2 - "Armbar?"

Xero
06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Question number 3. Three handled moss covered family credenza?

Juan
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
since when do they perform twice a night????? I guess kayfabe is still alive in the magazine article world.....

Sometimes guys work a Raw taping and like a Superstars taping.

I think there was a week a while back where Chris Jericho worked the NXT, Superstars and Smackdown taping all in the same day.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
I can see already that this wasn't a good idea. Nevermind.

Juan
06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I can see already that this wasn't a good idea. Nevermind.

Quitter

tjmidnight420
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Quitter

Xero
06-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Quitter

Cool King
06-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Quitter

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
You guys are right. I'm a quitter. I quit smoking, drinking and over-eating when CM Punk became my savior.

Anyway, fine........

Question: Will the big blue steel cage, which first appeared at WrestleMania 2, ever return to the ring? And where is it now?

Answer: "Never say never in WWE, but don't hold your breath. WWE officials and Superstars deemed the 3,000-pound cage too unforgiving, which is why it was retired in 1999 and replaced with the mesh steel cage we still see used today. In fact, the alst the the 'big blue' cage was seen on U.S. TV was during the infamous Kennel From Hell Match when Al Snow defeated the Big Boss Man at Unforgiven (9/26/99). Currently, the big blue cage is safely tucked away in a WWE warehouse at an undisclosed location in Stamford, CT."

Mooияakeя™
06-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Currently, the big blue cage is safely tucked away in a WWE warehouse at an undisclosed location in Stamford, CT."

I seriously would like a tour of this place. They should open it up as a museum.

Savio
06-29-2010, 08:11 PM
yes continue this please

tjmidnight420
06-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I seriously would like to rob this place.

:shifty:

Schlomey
a wwe museum / hall of fame has been a dream of mine since i was a kid...I thought I read somewhere that vinny mac has no intertest in such..could be wrong.

Schlomey
and yes continue this i very much enjoy it

Providence Peep
yes continue this please

If I continue to get positive rep :)

Juan
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
If I continue to get positive rep :)

Poor form :n:

Xero
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Gave him a neg rep for that. And I RARELY give out neg reps.

They're collectible.

Juan
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
You're basically asking for a neg when you beg for rep.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Poor form :n:

I was JK!

Question: "What's the one city Superstars consider to be the loudest in the U.S.?"

Answer by Cody Rhodes: "Chicago has a reputation for being incredibly boisterous and passionate, and it is. But just going from my experience, I'd say it's Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky......."

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
wrestling is still real in Kentucky, damnit!

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Question: "What's a Superstar's schedule like on the road?"

Answer by The Miz: "To give you a brief look, tomorrow I have to get up at 4 a.m. and fly from L.A. to Huntsville, Alabama. I have a layover in Denver, so I'll get to Huntsville at about 1:30 p.m., which gives me enough time to work out, tan and eat some food before the night's live event. I'll get to the arena at about 5:30 p.m. - the show is at 7:30 p.m., but I like to arrive early. After that, I have to drive 300 miles to the next city. Usually I'll find a hotel halfway or drive the entire way, depending on how I feel. I'll probably arrive at a hotel at around 3 a.m. The next day, I get up at noon, work out and drive the rest of the way to the next live event. And that's pretty much my schedule until Monday. On Monday, we have to be at Raw by 2 p.m."

Mooияakeя™
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
:shifty:

That as well.

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 08:35 PM
ya know after looking at that crazy driving schedule its a wonder more wrestlers aren't killed in car accidents. I am happy but it is rather surprising you don't hear about that at all since they are behind the wheel at all hours of the day and night with little sleep.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Question: "Do Superstars ever use fake names when they check into hotel rooms while on the road?"

Answer: "Yes, for privacy reasons. The night before a match, there's nothing worse than a late-night prank call to your hotel room, or a stranger knocking at your door. From what we know, MVP sometimes checks in as Edmond Dantes, aka The Count of Monte Cristo, one of his favorite literary characters. The Glamazon says she uses the alias Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman. Kofi Kingston once revealed his fondness for the name Superfly Mackadocious. And The World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry, won't tell us his aliases, but he has revealed that he uses the name of famous military leaders."

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 08:39 PM
i should just buy this mag..it sounds really good. i expected horrid kiddie kayfabe answers.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
1,001 "burning questions" and not one about how to cure jock itch.

Question: What jobs did Superstars have before WWE?

Answers: Kofi Kingston: Ad Sales; John Cena: Limo Driver; Sheamus: IT Support; Chavo Guerrero: Bartender; Michelle McCool: 7th Grade Teacher; Triple H: Wendy's Employee

Xero
06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
lol Triple H working at Wendy's cracks me up for some reason.

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Sheamus as an IT guy?

Sheamus : Thanks for calling AT&T Fella what is ya problem?
Customer: My internet connection is really slow
Sheamus: To bad fella....I HAAAATE YOUUUUUU

*smashes phone with lead pipe.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
lol Triple H working at Wendy's cracks me up for some reason.

Yeah, and if that movie "The Wrestler" is accurate, he'll end up going back to work there when he retires from the ring.

Of course, then if he spits in my food it'll be worth big bucks on E-bay.

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
thats gross and inaccurate.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
thats gross and inaccurate.

Because it doesn't happen, right?

Question: "What would Superstars do if they weren't wrestling?"

Answer: R-Truth: "Musician"; Kofi Kingston: "Professional Video-Game Tester"; Evan Bourne: "International Business Man"; Ted DiBiase: "The President"; John Morrison: "Poet"; Matt Hardy: "Engineer"; Rey Mysterio: "NFL Player"; Finlay: "Scuba Diver"; Cody Rhodes: "Comic-Book Writer"; Randy Orton: "Rock Star"

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
yes it happens but it would cost more to prove it is his actual spit than an autograph would cost. Your joke was MOOT :)

VSG
06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Question: What jobs did Superstars have before WWE?

Answers: Kofi Kingston: Ad Sales

Question: "Do Superstars ever use fake names when they check into hotel rooms while on the road?"

Answer: "Kofi Kingston once revealed his fondness for the name Superfly Mackadocious."

Question: "What would Superstars do if they weren't wrestling?"

Answer: Kofi Kingston: "Professional Video-Game Tester"

Ok I know Kofi was champ at WM 25: Smackdown vs Raw tournament but seriously?

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Question: "Why has WrestleMania never been held overseas?"

Answer: "We'd never rule it out, and we've got cities looking to do it," says Live Events Vice President Denis Sullivan. The biggest issue for a city such as London hosting WrestleMania, for example, is the time-zone difference with the U.S. The United Kingdom is five hours ahead of fans on the eastern seaboard, and eight hours ahead of our fans living on the West Coast. So if WrestleMania started at 8 p.m. in England, it would start at noon in L.A. Weird, huh? The other option would be to put on a show well after midnight in England. Could it eventually happen? 'Never say never,' Sullivan says. 'That's our motto.'"

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
reasonable response.

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Question: "What do Superstars eat before an intense match?"

Answer by John Morrison: "You don't want to eat too heavy prior to a match for any exercise program, as too much protein and fat will make you tired and not feel like wrestling. If you're looking for a quick energy boost, the best food to eat is fruit, since it's packed full of natural sugars. Any fruit, such as bananas, is great because it has potassium, which prevents muscle cramping. And eat it at least forty-five minutes before a workout."

Schlomey
06-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Bastion Booger and his turkey leg diet would disagree Mr. Morrison

Droford
06-29-2010, 09:51 PM
John Cena: Limo Driver

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6651/cenalimo.jpg

Savio
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
One at a time, eh?
I am guessing because he is typing everything by hand.

Juan
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
No way!

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Question: "Does WWE hold tryouts for aspiring Superstars? And if so, what are the dates and locations for 2010?"

Answer: "No. WWE does not hold any tryouts. However, our official developmental territory, Florida Championship Wrestling, hold clinics twice per year. The most current clinic begins on July 30 and lasts through August 2, and will feature such speaking guests as WWE Superstars, producers and scouts. Also, FCW trainers will be on-hand to provide an evaluation of everyone attending the clinic."

Savio
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
No way!
well then why would you fuckin ask?

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I am guessing because he is typing everything by hand.

You are correct. Do you see what I'm willing to do you folks? :D

Juan
06-29-2010, 10:25 PM
well then why would you fuckin ask?

because he could type up a few per post instead one per post, you fucking twit.

Savio
06-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Whats the difference between 3 facts to you and 1? Is it really that much you dick?

Juan
06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
1001 posts seems a bit much for something that can be condensed to like 30 or 40, you fucking cock smoker.

Savio
06-29-2010, 10:45 PM
1001 posts seems a bit much for something that can be condensed to like 30 or 40, you fucking cock smoker.Who gives a fuck how many posts he takes? Is TPWW running out of space? Will the server crash? Is he not being green enough?......cunt bucket.

VSG
06-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeesh! How about you both just let him do however he feels like it? Maybe he is just doing a "best of.." thing, maybe he is covering everything in order- How does it really matter to you anyway?

Providence Peep
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Actually guys, I have no intention of posting all 1,001 questions. If you go back and read my original post you'll see that I said I post a few of them. I chose the ones that I found most interesting and posted those. Maybe I'll post more later, but I don't feel like doing anymore at the moment. Sorry to disappoint.

Juan
06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Who gives a fuck how many posts he takes? Is TPWW running out of space? Will the server crash? Is he not being green enough?......cunt bucket.

I give a shit. Don't really know why this has offended you, you fucking wigger.

Juan
06-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Actually guys, I have no intention of posting all 1,001 questions. If you go back and read my original post you'll see that I said I post a few of them. I chose the ones that I found most interesting and posted those. Maybe I'll post more later, but I don't feel like doing anymore at the moment. Sorry to disappoint.

I know, that's why I dropped it, but Savior got his Fubu panties in a knot over it for some reason.

Savio
06-29-2010, 10:57 PM
No you didn't know Juan stop lying.

Savio
06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
yes juan I am obviously a wigger since I hang out with black people....stop being racist.

Juan
06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
You're a wigger because you look like one, not because of who you hang out with. Just like I'm a beaner because I look like one.

Savio
06-29-2010, 11:05 PM
I posted probably one pic on here that could make me look like a wigger.

Juan
06-29-2010, 11:05 PM
I stand by my comment.

Savio
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Dont know why, it was one out of about 20.

Juan
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
yeah

Savio
yeah

Juan
ok

Destor
06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
i was enjoying this till y`alll pissed off providence peep :(

KYR
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
I would be willing to provide rep to PP for one more.

Juan
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Everything was fine until Savior got all in my grill

Savio
06-29-2010, 11:26 PM
i was enjoying this till y`alll pissed off providence peep :(:( forgive?

Shadrick
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM

Answer: "Yes, for privacy reasons. The night before a match, there's nothing worse than a late-night prank call to your hotel room, or a stranger knocking at your door. From what we know, MVP sometimes checks in as Edmond Dantes, aka The Count of Monte Cristo, one of his favorite literary characters. The Glamazon says she uses the alias Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman. Kofi Kingston once revealed his fondness for the name Superfly Mackadocious. And The World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry, won't tell us his aliases, but he has revealed that he uses the name of famous military leaders."

Kofi is awesome.

Shadrick
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.wwe.com/magazine/magazinefeatures10/feature10100625/

A few uninteresting ones.

Shadrick
06-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Sheamus as an IT guy?

lmao i mark'd

John Cena: Limo Driver

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6651/cenalimo.jpg

lmaoooo @ the keys

Evil Vito
06-30-2010, 12:42 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I thought I read somewhere that one of the questions in a WWE Magazine (either this one or a regular issue) was to name everybody to ever compete for WWE, and they actually answered with like a 6-page list in small print. Included everybody from Just Joe to Chris Benoit.</font>

KYR
06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I thought I read somewhere that one of the questions in a WWE Magazine (either this one or a regular issue) was to name everybody to ever compete for WWE, and they actually answered with like a 6-page list in small print. Included everybody from Just Joe to Chris Benoit.

Sooooo everyone from 'B' to 'J'?

Schlomey
06-30-2010, 01:28 AM
damn this thread went to shit fast. We need more random questions answered!

Destor
06-30-2010, 02:52 AM
:( forgive?

...yeah...this time

DaVe
06-30-2010, 05:59 AM
damn this thread went to shit fast. We need more random questions answered!

Yeah, I actually found most of these Q/As really interesting.

Def would want to see more.

DAMN iNATOR
06-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Who was the oldest and youngest Superstar to win a WWE Championship?
Ferris G., St. Louis
Oldest Champion: Mr. McMahon, at 54-years-old, became WWE Champion by defeating his future son-in-law, Triple H, in September, 1999. Youngest Champion: Rene Dupree, at 19, becoming the World Tag Team Champion, along with partner Sylvain Grenier, in June, 2003.

Which tag team is the heaviest in WWE history?
Danny C., Montana City, Mont.
The team of 3-Minute Warning (Rosey & Jamal) tipped the scales at 939 lbs, making them the heaviest duo in WWE history. In second place are the Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon) at an impressive 846 pounds.

Why does Mr. McMahon walk the way he does?
Tessa B., Yonkers, N.Y.
There are many theories as to where Mr. McMahon developed the power-walk. Some say it’s a tribute to old-school Superstar Dr. Jerry Graham. Others, such as The Fabulous Moolah, claimed it was inspired by the original Nature Boy, Buddy Rogers. We’d like to think it’s a natural by-product of having pockets laden with cash.

Does The Chairman do the whole “Yoooooou’re Fiiiiiiiiired” thing to everyone he gives the axe to?
Jay M., San Francisco, Calif.
Luckily, we’ve never been in a position to find out.

What exactly is a slobberknocker? On DVDs, J.R. says the word all the time.
Wallace E., Flint, Mich.
Although the word is now forever linked with WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, “slobberknocker” derives its meaning from the gridiron. It’s an old football term used to describe an exceptionally hard hit, one that actually knocks the slobber right out of a player’s mouth.

There's a few more Q&A's for you bloodthirsty bunch.

Shadrick
06-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Ferris G., St. Louis
Oldest Champion: Mr. McMahon, at 54-years-old, became WWE Champion by defeating his future son-in-law, Triple H, in September, 1999. Youngest Champion: Rene Dupree, at 19, becoming the World Tag Team Champion, along with partner Sylvain Grenier, in June, 2003.

Which tag team is the heaviest in WWE history?
Danny C., Montana City, Mont.
The team of 3-Minute Warning (Rosey & Jamal) tipped the scales at 939 lbs, making them the heaviest duo in WWE history. In second place are the Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon) at an impressive 846 pounds.

Why does Mr. McMahon walk the way he does?
Tessa B., Yonkers, N.Y.
There are many theories as to where Mr. McMahon developed the power-walk. Some say it’s a tribute to old-school Superstar Dr. Jerry Graham. Others, such as The Fabulous Moolah, claimed it was inspired by the original Nature Boy, Buddy Rogers. We’d like to think it’s a natural by-product of having pockets laden with cash.

Does The Chairman do the whole “Yoooooou’re Fiiiiiiiiired” thing to everyone he gives the axe to?
Jay M., San Francisco, Calif.
Luckily, we’ve never been in a position to find out.

What exactly is a slobberknocker? On DVDs, J.R. says the word all the time.
Wallace E., Flint, Mich.
Although the word is now forever linked with WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, “slobberknocker” derives its meaning from the gridiron. It’s an old football term used to describe an exceptionally hard hit, one that actually knocks the slobber right out of a player’s mouth.

There's a few more Q&A's for you bloodthirsty bunch.

Look at my post a few posts up >_>

And I coulda SWORN Bossman/Rock at Survivor Series 98 was shorter than 9 seconds.

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I thought I read somewhere that one of the questions in a WWE Magazine (either this one or a regular issue) was to name everybody to ever compete for WWE, and they actually answered with like a 6-page list in small print. Included everybody from Just Joe to Chris Benoit.</font>

It's this issue of the WWE Mag that claims to do that. However, Kenny Resnick's name isn't listed and I'm sure there are others that aren't either.

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
I'll post a few more, I guess. Though really guys, you might want to think about not being cheapskates and buying this magazine yourselves ;) It's worth the $10.

Question: "What happens to a Superstars' hair after a hair vs. hair match?"

Answer: "It's WWE policy to properly dispose of the hair in a sanitary manner. While fans have asked us to put the lost locks of the loser up for auction, we are not allowed to sell any Superstar's body parts or products. And while it would be cool to own a piece of The Chairman's classic 'do, do you really want CM Punk's greasy mane?"

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Question: "Can Superstars keep their Championships after they lose them?"

Answer: "No. The official title that's worn to the ring is always passed from the vanquished Champion to the new one. However, the former Champ can request that WWE create a duplicate belt, which he can keep for posterity's sake."

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Question: "Do Superstars have to pay for the items they damage ringside during a match?"

Answer: "No. WWE pays for all of the destruction. And it's not exactly chump change. Here's how much The Chairman must shell out every time the action spills outside of the ring... $50 per WWE Microphone; $90,000 per HD Camera; $7,000 per WWE Announce Table; $400 per TV Monitor"

Schlomey
06-30-2010, 09:40 AM
god my microphones cost way more than 50 bux.....they are getting a bargain!

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 10:08 AM
god my microphones cost way more than 50 bux.....they are getting a bargain!

Do you collect microphones, Schlomey?

Schlomey
06-30-2010, 10:25 AM
i have 4 personally. 2 of which cost over 150 each. The other 2 are just backup mics but are still between 40 and 80 each.

I can't imagine getting a wireless microphone worthy of live sound for 50 bucks.

Savio
06-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Ferris G., St. Louis
Um wasnt Moolah like 79 when she won the title for a week?

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Question: "Do Superstars actually read my fan mail, or is it just tossed, unopened, into the garbage?"

Answer: "All mail from members of the WWE Universe is forwarded straight to the Superstars' homes. But given their hectic road schedules, there's no guarantee they will read your letter immediately. However, when time permits, Superstars tell us they go through their fan mail, piece-by-piece. Maybe they'll write back. But considering the volume of letters they receive, don't get your hopes up. They barely have enough time to write to their families, let alone their fans!"

Savio
06-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I would bet my shoe Randy throws out all of his fan mail.

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Question: "Is it true that Simon Cowell once worked for WWE?"

Answer: "No. Cowell was never an official WWE employee, but the current American Idol judge was once an executive producer for a WWE album, WrestleMania: The Album. The record features the themes of WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, as well as The Deadman's!"

Evil Vito
06-30-2010, 09:15 PM
It's this issue of the WWE Mag that claims to do that. However, Kenny Resnick's name isn't listed and I'm sure there are others that aren't either.

<font color=goldenrod>Post it!

Scanner will do just fine</font> :shifty:

Providence Peep
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Post it!

Scanner will do just fine</font> :shifty:

You're assuming I know how to use a scanner.

DAMN iNATOR
07-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Look at my post a few posts up >_>

And I coulda SWORN Bossman/Rock at Survivor Series 98 was shorter than 9 seconds.

Yeah, I just copy/pasted a select few from the site. And I did some looking into that, and you're right. They fucked up. Boss Man v. Rock was only like 4 seconds or something ridiculous.

XL
07-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Question: "Do Superstars have to pay for the items they damage ringside during a match?"

Answer: "No. WWE pays for all of the destruction. And it's not exactly chump change. Here's how much The Chairman must shell out every time the action spills outside of the ring... $50 per WWE Microphone; $90,000 per HD Camera; $7,000 per WWE Announce Table; $400 per TV Monitor"
What!?

Having been shocked by that, I guess they're rarely ever damaged beyond repair. Seems like they'd just slot back together for re-use.

Favre4Ever
07-03-2010, 04:46 AM
I remember a random episode of RAW where Triple H dragged an HD Camera into the ring and wrecked it with a sledge, that segment must have cost a pretty penny.

Savio
07-03-2010, 10:31 AM
What!?

Having been shocked by that, I guess they're rarely ever damaged beyond repair. Seems like they'd just slot back together for re-use.I remember when they made a table on raw for JR

XL
07-03-2010, 12:03 PM
That was brilliant. With the "JR" scratch symbol.

Rammsteinmad
07-03-2010, 12:13 PM
I remember a random episode of RAW where Triple H dragged an HD Camera into the ring and wrecked it with a sledge, that segment must have cost a pretty penny.

Pretty sure that was before all the HD hype came about.

Beth Phoenix Fan
07-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Sheamus as an IT guy?

:rofl: