PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider yourself a sports fan first or a team fan first?

Triple Naitch
07-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Do you only watch your favorite teams or will you watch a random baseball game on tv?

Triple Naitch
07-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Fuck, forgot to make it public.

Jeritron
07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Well, I will watch random games and consider myself a fan of the sport, but I also prefer my team so I would say I'm a team fan first.
So I'm not sure how I'm supposed to vote here. Can't we be both?

Rev. Hallowell
07-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Team, easily. Other than the playoffs and Super Bowl, I don't even watch football unless the Steelers are playing or the game somehow effects their playoff chances. Same goes with MLB and NHL, and the Pittsburgh teams there. I only watch the NBA during the Finals if the Spurs are playing. College football I'll occasionally watch non-Navy games. Nascar, both Nextel Cup and Nationwide however, I watch no matter what.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Spurs and Steelers

what

Juan
07-07-2010, 12:37 AM
I used to only watch Lakers, Kings and Warriors games, but I got NBA League Pass last season and it was absolutely incredible.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-07-2010, 12:47 AM
I'll watch most baseball and football games, and I'll watch any college basketball game. But I definitely prefer having a rooting interest.

Skippord
07-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I watch as much baseball and football as possible. Only watch Avs games for hockey, and I'm a fairweather Nuggets fan

OssMan
07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Team, easily. Other than the playoffs and Super Bowl, I don't even watch football unless the Steelers are playing or the game somehow effects their playoff chances. Same goes with MLB and NHL, and the Pittsburgh teams there. I only watch the NBA during the Finals if the Spurs are playing. College football I'll occasionally watch non-Navy games. Nascar, both Nextel Cup and Nationwide however, I watch no matter what.typical pittsburgh asshole detected

Ogen
07-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Er both, will watch all Villa and Ireland games obvioulsy but will also watch any and every bit of football on tv.

Gertner
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm team first but I always watch random games. If my team is on I watch it, if they aren't I'll watch whatever interests me.

XCaliber
07-07-2010, 12:10 PM
The sport comes first obviously but I dedicate most of the viewing time to my favorite teams and i'll watch playoff games as well if I have the chance and like the matchup also.

Rev. Hallowell
07-07-2010, 01:45 PM
typical pittsburgh asshole detected

The Browns and Bengals combined all their Super Bowl trophies and put them on one shelf.

http://ncspacemakers.com/sitebuilder/images/empty-shelf-466x275.jpg

Mike the Metal Ed
07-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll watch any football match, but I'll rarely put my full attention to it unless it's Leicester.

Emperor Smeat
07-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm more of a team first watcher but if its one of those days where I'm bored or feel like watching a game even though a team I root for isn't playing, I'll watch the game.

I tend to be a sports first watcher with NFL games the most since only a few games get shown on tv each week and normally the special Sunday Night/Monday Night games are usually good matchups on paper.

Triple Naitch
07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
The Browns and Bengals combined all their Super Bowl trophies and put them on one shelf.

SHIT!

Team Sheep
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I'll watch as much sport as I can because I love it in general but will obviously be more excited and interested when it's my team playing. Surely this is the case for everyone? Unless you're not a fan of any team. I don't quite know how to answer this. Both?

OssMan
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I'll watch any football match, but I'll rarely put my full attention to it unless it's Leicester.
THE HOUSTON TEXANS GATHERED ALL THEIR SUPERBOWL TROPHIES AND PUT THEM ON ONE SHELF

DaveWadding
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Definitely watch my teams first, but I will watch pretty much any MLB/NBA/NFL game that's on TV.

MVP
07-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I'll watch most baseball and football games. In hockey I really only watch the Bruins, and I am pretty fair weather when it comes to the Celtics.

Hardkore Kidd J
07-10-2010, 07:51 AM
I would watch any game I don't care who's playing Dodgers/Cubs Red Sox/Giants , etc.etc. I wouldn't really call myself a "Sports fan" per sey. Because when I think of Sports fans they can watch any sport be it football, Golf, Soccer, Basketball, etc.etc. And I don't watch basketball or football really. All though I am a fan of the Patriots. But, when it comes to baseball that's really my thing. So I would call myself a "Baseball fan" Not just a "Yankee fan"

Triple A
07-11-2010, 09:31 AM
With football I will watch pretty much every game that is televised here, but with like baseball, usually only watch Yankees games.

Londoner
07-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I can watch sports without supporting anyone, but i will never ever watch a baseball game again.

Nicky Fives
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
sports fan......

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
It's hard to watch a game when you have no vested interest in it. So, I vote for team fan.

Rev. Hallowell
07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Spurs and Steelers

what

Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team, and I can't stand the idea of cheering for a team from Cleveland or Philadelphia. I liked David Robinson as a kid, he played for my favorite college team, so I cheered the Spurs. I respect the players for how unselfish they are on that team. Robinson took a back seat when Tim Duncan arrived, and has two rings because of it. Duncan, in turn, didn't get selfish when Manu Ginóbili and Tony Parker started getting the ball more, he took the back seat and has two more rings because of it.

That being said, if Pittsburgh gets a team, I'll be a Pittsburgh fan.

El Fangel
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Sport fan, be it Habs vs Leafs or an ungodly boring Phoenix/Florida game I will watch it.

Londoner
07-15-2010, 01:04 AM
It's hard to watch a game when you have no vested interest in it. So, I vote for team fan.

Depends on the sport really for me, some sports i can easily get interested in without supporting anyone, others i can't be assed with.

Juan
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM
arsed*

Krimzon7
07-15-2010, 01:13 PM
You can't be a Bengals Fan and ONLY wanna watch their games, the Nation doesn't notice them, hence no National TV Coverage. Hell, they rarely get decent highlight packages on NFL Network(just think about that). I can watch any american football contest. as for any other sport, I will watch any game where theres passion and emotion *World Series, Playoff BBall/Hockey, College BBall, and definitely college football) I will also watch damn near any MMA fight, cause I love that shit

DAMN iNATOR
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Team fan first, sports second.

Cooler Tom Schuler
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I will watch random NFL games, love the sport. However, I do pay much closer attention (and experience "emotions") when watching the Packers.

As for MLB, I generally only watch Twins games. I'll watch chunks of other games from time to time if there is an "intriguing storyline" or what have you.