2010 Royal Rumble Winner
2001 King Of The Ring Winner
Won the first ever MITB
Won First Ever Tag Team Ladder Match
Won First Ever Tag Team TLC Match
Won First Ever Singles TLC Match
Won Elimination Chamber Match
Main Evented Wrestlemania XXIV

Plus, add in his long career (coming up on 12 years), the fact that he was one half of one of the all time greatest WWE Tag Teams, and the fact that he had some of the greatest matches and feuds ever in the WWE - with The Hardys, Undertaker and Cena, to name a few.

Now I ask you: What is your opinion of Edge? Is he in the Top 10 WWE Superstars of all time?

Mooияakeя™
07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
One who'll go down in the annuls of WWF/E history. Excellent tag team member, excellent singles competitor, great on the mic, enthralling to watch, mixed styles in the ring and funny to boot. Who can forget the classic 5 second poses?

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vW1_i4uMzFE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vW1_i4uMzFE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

He's just missing his old pants and the spinning Rated R belt (the only reason that belt is any good). It still looks stupid on HHH / Seamus etc. Bout time they made a new one.

Favre4Ever
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Edge is a solid guy who is gonna go down with a lot of detractors, and rightly so. He plays the ego-maniacal heel very, very well( in fact, his current incarnation is my favorite ), but it can be easily argued that he's very one dimensional. That being said, you can't take away the title reigns, the Wrestlemania Main Event, and the RAW Live Sex Show.

Providence Peep
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
he's very one dimensional

How do you figure that?

James Steele
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
He is the Triple H (cira 99-05) of this era (2005-now). He is the best heel over the past 5 years, and can do it all.

Tazz Dan
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Edge has always been a top 3 favourite of mine. HBK, Bret and Edge in no particular order. FTR, HHH and Undertaker round out my top 5.

dronepool
07-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I liked him ever since he started with the Brood or whatever- even when I didn't watch WWE for 4 or 5 years- I thought he was a cool guy.

Gertner
07-06-2010, 10:54 PM
He's horrific as a face. All the greats could do both very well.

XCaliber
07-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Edge makes a better heel for sure wether if it's in a serious or comedic role i'd almost wish he'd go back to it in a way one of the greatest Canadian wrestlers ever.

Rock Bottom
07-06-2010, 11:46 PM
EDGE IS LIKE MAYONAYESAB ON FRNCH FRY SMETIMEZ U SEE IT AND UR LIKE WTF BUT ITS NOT ENOUGH BIG DEAL 2 RLY CARE

James Steele
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM

He pulled off babyface very well in the early 2000s, but that stuff earlier this year was very...underwhelming.

Gertner
07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
He never main evented as a face. That's what seperates him from the greats. Hogan, Rock, HHH, Flair, Austin, Angle pulled off both at a main event level. Edge hasn't shown that he can.

James Steele
07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
He never main evented as a face. That's what seperates him from the greats. Hogan, Rock, HHH, Flair, Austin, Angle pulled off both at a main event level. Edge hasn't shown that he can.

Ricky Steamboat never played a heel, ever. Ricky Steamboat isn't "one of the greats"?

Favre4Ever
07-07-2010, 08:12 AM

This is what I was referring to Providence.

Favre4Ever
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I will say one thing about Edge though, before his first WWE Title, and maybe a little bit after it, the big thing with him was that people didn't "see him as a main eventer". He has certainly wiped his ass with that stigma.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Question: Are Edge and Christian still brothers? :shifty:

Anyway, the WWE has booked Edge horribly 2006, but I don't know why fans seem to forget the past or want to change it and say Edge can't be a face or play the part well. Do you guys remember how popular he was during his first singles run, especially in the feud with Kurt Angle? Do you remember that in 2002 he was one of the most "over" guys on Smackdown?

Granted, he's better as a heel, his bony face makes him look like a 50 year old heroin addict, and he looks like he's been strung out on ham sandwiches for months, but none of that can change the fact that at one time he was hugely popular as a face.

Gertner
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Ricky Steamboat never played a heel, ever. Ricky Steamboat isn't "one of the greats"?

That's different. Steamboat was never given the opportunity. Edge was.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM

Don't leave Bret off that list, you dick.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
That's different. Steamboat was never given the opportunity. Edge was.

And as I already wrote, for a while (circa 2002 on Smackdown) he ran with it.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I really can't stand Edge as a face (any of his face runs), but I've enjoyed a lot of his heel work.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I really can't stand Edge as a face (any of his face runs), but I've enjoyed a lot of his heel work.

He is definitely a better heel than face - that's one of the few things upon which all of us here can agree. I just don't know why some try to ignore or forget the fact that he does have the ability to be "over" as a face and has proven that.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
So did Hogan, but that doesn't mean I liked him.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 10:12 AM
If anybody's a victim of what you're talking about, it's John Cena.

Johnny Vegas
07-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I gotcha Providence Peep, the guy was really over as a face back in 2001-early 2003. Only problem was that during 2003, he got just a tad bit annoying because he ALWAYS sided with Mysterio, Hogan, and The Rock..like he was that one guy that tag'd just to have a main event. But he did start the "You Suck" for Angle, had an awesome entrance and attire. I think if he were to have his same type of ring psycology that he has now back then, i would've probably been more of an "Edge-Head"

Cool King
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I've always liked Edge and as much as I think he's great, I really couldn't stand his last run as a face against Jericho.

I just found him to be really annoying and I just wanted his segments to be over and done with when they were on TV. The whole "Spear, Spear, Spear" thing was the worst part of it all.

But overall, I think Edge is awesome and is one of the best heels since the switch from F to E.

RP
07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
needs more roids

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I think if he were to have his same type of ring psycology that he has now back then, i would've probably been more of an "Edge-Head"

But did he not have the ring psychology back then, or has he just been poorly booked?

Rammsteinmad
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't know where he would rank overall in a 'greatest of all time' list, but he is possibly one of the WWE's most decorated stars today. And at least he hasn't been shagging the bosses daughter to get any of those titles (that we know of :naughty: )

Rammsteinmad
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh yeah, and my personal opinion: I've always liked Edge since his debut, and he is easily one of the top ten wrestlers in the world today.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 11:12 AM
But did he not have the ring psychology back then, or has he just been poorly booked?

I'd say he was booked just fine. His problem was that he just kept getting injured at inopportune times.

His ring work today is leaps and bounds ahead of what it was back then.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 11:38 AM
His problem was that he just kept getting injured at inopportune times.

An excellent point

His ring work today is leaps and bounds ahead of what it was back then.

I know some people who would strongly disagree with this. They'd say his matches these days are hard to watch, and that he's better in gimmick matches. A friend of mine even thinks Edge's last truly great match happened several years ago (in an encounter with Orton). So, I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Anybody Thrilla
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I think Edge's best "recent" in-ring work was with The Undertaker a couple years ago. He hasn't really had a chance to 'open up' since his return from his 40th injury, but I think he'll find his stride again soon.

Gertner
07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
And as I already wrote, for a while (circa 2002 on Smackdown) he ran with it.

He has never been a long term success as a face.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
He has never been a long term success as a face.

You're right, I suppose, but is he entirely to blame for that, or does poor booking have something to do with it?

Mr. Pierre
07-07-2010, 12:01 PM
I really like Edge, but I go on-and-off from "really" enjoying his stuff.

His feud with the Undertaker was one of my favorites ever. Everything was just perfectly set-up.

Gertner
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
You're right, I suppose, but is he entirely to blame for that, or does poor booking have something to do with it?

He's just not that interesting as a face.

Schlomey
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Loved Edge when he first debuted coming out of the crowd. He was hip and cool and mysterious.

I LOVED him in the Brood with Gangrel and Christian.

I LOVED the Edge and Christian tag team incarnations. The tag, TLC, tables matches and feuds during this time really gave the tag division the chance to shine.

I LOVED the 5 second poses and the big bug eye glasses.

I LOVED when Christian left and Edge went full on heel. He really became the best heel in the company. His half-career long feud with John Cena is easily Cena's best work. I actually never mind seeing these 2 go at it.

I liked the Edge/Vicki stuff for what it was but it wasn't my favorite.

However,

Since returning from injury we have seen the worst incarnations of Edge. Bland face & blander heel. I mean seriously this heel run has been totally shit. No conviction what so ever.

So his career has been stellar and I have loved him from the beginning and I hope he gets his shit together and closes his career out on a higher note than what he is doing currently.

XCaliber
07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
The problem with his last face run was that they never let him be "The Rated R Superstar" they changed him so much he became blander shoulda done they same for him as they did with Orton.

Haze
07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I have always liked Edge. His in ring work as been pretty colid, and he can cut a decent promo. But I just don't see him being included in my top 10 of all time.

Great talent, but there has been far greater over the years.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
He's just not that interesting as a face.

Hmmmmmmm.... Wasn't it not that long ago that wrestling fans on message boards everywhere where ready to suck Edge's dick? Of course he was more interesting and got more of a reaction when he was banging Matt Hardy's girlfriend and kissing on-screen Vickie Guerrero. But, it isn't Edge's fault that his return wasn't booked how it should have been.

Mr. Pierre
07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Edge was getting great face reactions at majority of the shows during the winter. Just because like 5% of the wrestling community found him to be boring/bland, doesn't mean that it was a fail.

I would bet that he was turned heel because that was in the cards for him the whole time, and not because the face run didn't work.

addy2hotty
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I actually thought about this when he came out on Raw.

I think Edge has had his day.

He's had an amazing career, but it seems that theres not much left for him apart from the crazy authority-marrying heel which he's done to death.

He could do with working with some of the newer guys and losing like Jericho does, but whereas Jericho could lose 100 consecutive matches, win the title and still be believable, I don't think Edge could.

My Final Heaven
07-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Around the time Evolution was having their run, Edge was the blandest face imaginable. His entire gimmick was, he didn't like Trips & the gang.

No one cared about him.

One of my most vivid memories of the TPWW forums is being on here the night of Vengeance '04, and the sheer amount of hatred Edge was getting for taking the IC title from Orton in a hiccup win. "OMFG, THEY JUST JOBBED OUT THE GUY THAT'S THE FUTURE OF THE COMPANY TO A GUY THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GIMMICK!?!?! I'M BOYCOTTING WWE FOREVER!!!" I beleieve Loose Cannon was on Suicide watch that night :lol: The point being, Adam Copeland didn't have a single fan on the boards. The IC title run led into Edge's spiral in being obsessed with being World Champion.

Still, no one cared.

The news broke that he had the affiar with Lita.

"OMFG GET THE WORLD TITLE ON THIS MAN RIGHT NOW, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP IT ON HIM!!!!!!!"

:lol: That, my friends, is what I'm going to remember Edge for. And for some of the more humorous 5 Second Poses, especially the ones involving Kurt Angle.

Verbose Minch
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Around the time Evolution was having their run, Edge was the blandest face imaginable. His entire gimmick was, he didn't like Trips & the gang.

No one cared about him.

One of my most vivid memories of the TPWW forums is being on here the night of Vengeance '04, and the sheer amount of hatred Edge was getting for taking the IC title from Orton in a hiccup win. "OMFG, THEY JUST JOBBED OUT THE GUY THAT'S THE FUTURE OF THE COMPANY TO A GUY THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GIMMICK!?!?! I'M BOYCOTTING WWE FOREVER!!!" I beleieve Loose Cannon was on Suicide watch that night :lol: The point being, Adam Copeland didn't have a single fan on the boards. The IC title run led into Edge's spiral in being obsessed with being World Champion.

Still, no one cared.

The news broke that he had the affiar with Lita.

"OMFG GET THE WORLD TITLE ON THIS MAN RIGHT NOW, AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP IT ON HIM!!!!!!!"

:lol: That, my friends, is what I'm going to remember Edge for. And for some of the more humorous 5 Second Poses, especially the ones involving Kurt Angle.

Yeah, the wrestling forum didn't care. That doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't.

Johnny Vegas
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Yea, injuries have been a bitch for him. He reminds me of Donovan McNabb in a way: He is a great player and has carried his team/company, but at his apex, an injury stops him.

That injury he got when he was injured in 2003 REALLY set back his momentum IMO and when he came back, he should've been just totally randomly taking people out with a spear on shows. ANYBODY he wanted. His reason: my injury set me back, so now im going to set YOU back.

Providence Peep
07-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Yea, injuries have been a bitch for him. He reminds me of Donovan McNabb in a way: He is a great player and has carried his team/company, but at his apex, an injury stops him.

That injury he got when he was injured in 2003 REALLY set back his momentum IMO and when he came back, he should've been just totally randomly taking people out with a spear on shows. ANYBODY he wanted. His reason: my injury set me back, so now im going to set YOU back.

THIS :y:

Johnny Vegas
07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
And that pretty much would've given him, at the time, more of an in-depth character i guess. Not to sound all markish or w/e. Could've been that lone wolf that Randy Orton is today.

Tyler Killer
07-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Big fucking surprise, the fucking smarks didn't like Edge when he was a face. Do you fucks like any face? Fucking sheep.

Attitude99
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Won First Ever Tag Team TLC Match

I Thought It was the Hardyz; No Mercy 99 ? Correct Me If I'm Wrong

Johnny Vegas
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I think they did win the first Tag Team TLC match (E&C), but they lost to the Hardyz in the first Tag Team Ladder Match.