PDA

View Full Version : TNA Hard Justice Spoilers. Hint: WWE has done this before. Twice.

Xero
07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
From PWInsider:

During tonight's Impact taping, Tommy Dreamer and Dixie Carter announced that the 8/5 TNA Hard Justice PPV will be "one last night" for the former ECW wrestlers to basically put on an ECW style PPV show with the former ECW talents "in charge."

We'll have more on this ASAP, but it obviously appears that we're looking at one more "One Night Stand" style show.

VSG
07-13-2010, 09:10 PM
I will watch it, but they will be hard pressed to even compare to One Night Stand 2005. Where is this going to be held? Orlando?

Kane Knight
07-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Are these the same spoilers as before?

Xero
07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
These were from tonight's taping.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Honestly, I really don't mind TNA completely rehashing the ECW invasion. If you'll recall, WWE's ECW idea was pretty mediocre. And it's not like WWE is the only company allowed to try ideas. If TNA want to try, they should go for it.

XL
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Sadly, a lot of the good wrestlers that passed through ECW are with WWE (Jericho) or dead (Eddie, Benoit) so we'll be left with a bunch of past their prime brawlers and RVD.

Providence Peep
07-14-2010, 12:00 AM
And it's not like WWE is the only company allowed to try ideas. If TNA want to try, they should go for it.

Yeah, and while they're at it, they should bring back Atari, Izod, and rotary telephones.

SaskatchewanChamp
07-14-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't get what the big deal is here? TNA has been putting on some of the best TV wrestling programs I have seen in a long time. Their ratings are on the rise, well last weeks anyway, so people must like what they see. It seems to me that some people here want TNA to fail for some reason. Which makes no sense to me what so ever.

Jeritron
07-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Honestly, I really don't mind TNA completely rehashing the ECW invasion. If you'll recall, WWE's ECW idea was pretty mediocre. And it's not like WWE is the only company allowed to try ideas. If TNA want to try, they should go for it.

I agree with this, but at the same time I recognize that another 5 years have passed and they are in a situation where they have far less to work with.

Their ECW stable is 5 years older, and lacking the invovlement of many of the wrestlers that made the WWE event really great.

The WWE-ECW One Night Stand had everyone they have going into this, as well as Stone Cold, Jericho, Lance Storm, Rey, Benoit, Eddie, Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, and others.
They also had the actual ECW name, The Hamerstein Ballroom PPV location, and the tape library to work with.

I think Paul Heyman can book this into a fun and interesting storyline short term, but creating an ECW tribute event is handicapped off the bat.
That isn't to say it can't still be good or great. I just think it will be difficult to pull it off on that level, and comparisons are unavoidable.

Jeritron
07-14-2010, 01:21 AM
ONS 2 was still very good, but pretty inferior to the first on almost every level. It was the main event that makes that event stand out. WWE were in a position to really cash in off fan tensions and did so in the perfect setting and matchup.
Amazing main event. It totally wrote itself and TNA doesn't have any giftwrapped money match like that anywhere here.

But that's to be expected. That doesn't come along often.

Also, the Edge/Foley/Lita vs Dreamer/Funk/Beullah hardcore match is also fantastic. I love that match. "Underrated."

Droford
07-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Yeah, and while they're at it, they should bring back Atari, Izod, and rotary telephones.

I do believe Izod is still around..

Jeritron
07-14-2010, 01:30 AM
I also feel like a mainly ECW tribute event with only a slight TNA presence is a bit ill advised. I think you need to go straight up TNA vs ECW to keep it from wearing thin or being a bit of a mess.
Perhaps I underestimate those guys ability to put on an amazing show and fill a card. I suppose it will also depend on who they feature and who they bring in as well.

Vastardikai
07-14-2010, 04:10 AM
ONS 2 was still very good, but pretty inferior to the first on almost every level. It was the main event that makes that event stand out. WWE were in a position to really cash in off fan tensions and did so in the perfect setting and matchup.
Amazing main event. It totally wrote itself and TNA doesn't have any giftwrapped money match like that anywhere here.

But that's to be expected. That doesn't come along often.

Also, the Edge/Foley/Lita vs Dreamer/Funk/Beullah hardcore match is also fantastic. I love that match. "Underrated."

It also had Kurt Angle making Randy Orton look like a bitch, when he needed to look like a bitch.

RiX1024
07-14-2010, 05:38 AM
Wont be the same as ONS, but this should be interesting.

Rammsteinmad
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Oh great... ANOTHER ECW reunion show. :|

Kane Knight
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM

WWE tried it first on a large scale, with the major viewing audience cable provides. Like it or not, that makes their attempt a certain hallmark for ECW. TNA doing it is going for a similar audience, whether TNA wants to admit it or not (and with TNA, it's pretty much like they brag they want WWE's audience).

From a marketing perspective, from an audience perspective, they might as well be the first.

If they want to try, they can, but they will be compared to ECWWE and ONS. Even if it's 10 times as good, it will draw comparison to the prior national scale, cable/PPV attempt.

Schlomey
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
dunno what to think so I'll just wait and let it unfold before making my mind up...

BizarroKing
07-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm assuming Hard Justice will be:
Some 'ECW' matches
Jeff Jarrett vs Kevin Nash
MCMG vs Beer Money
Abyss vs RVD

The Pope
07-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Former ECW personality Bill Alfonso was backstage at last night's TNA iMPACT tapings but did not appear on camera.
F4Wonline.com

The Pope
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
There is some concern within TNA that Tommy Dreamer suffered a torn MCL during the big angle at the end of Monday night's TNA iMPACT tapings. It's said that as the angle was ending, Dreamer was knocked off the stage by Brother Ray as Ray was running towards Brother Devon.

Dreamer appeared at last night's tapings but was said to be limping.
PWInsider

Schlomey
07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Dreamer, of course, is the back bone for this angle to work. So HOPEFULLY this report is false and he is just banged up or something.

Granted I am not thrilled at this rehash, I do not wish is immediate death before arrival :/

Droford
07-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I thought this was gonna be that they were going to put the Title on Jeff Hardy.

Lock Jaw
07-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Only fair that TNA does an ECW reunion show after all the WCW reunion shows they've had.

Droford
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
TNA - its like an ECW/WCW/WWF reunion show every Thursday!

Joesgonnakillyou
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
It's symptomatic of TNAs bigger problem (one of their biggest anyway) which is relying on wrestling history rather thn trying to create their own.

It just makes them look weak and second rate

Schlomey
07-14-2010, 03:34 PM
to be fair, joesgonnakillyou, WWE hasn't done much by way of riveting storytelling in long time either. We had a Doink match on RAW for fuck sake.

The most original thing WWE has done lately is the Straight Edge Society and honestly it has lost a lot of steam due to creative not adding members or finding new ways of keeping it fresh.

Xero
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Found this pretty funny from the Hard Justice 2010 Wiki page:

Hard Justice will feature an undetermined number of professional wrestling matches that will involve different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers will be portrayed as villains, heroes or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that build tension and culminate into a wrestling match or series of matches.

Juan
07-14-2010, 03:39 PM
They do that for almost all the PPV's I think...

Money in the Bank will feature professional wrestling matches involving different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that will be played out on World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) television programs. Wrestlers will portray a villain or a hero as they follow a series of events that build tension, and culminate into a wrestling match or series of matches

Xero
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah I kind of figured. Still funny to see wrestling described as such.

Juan
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah it is kind of weird.

erickman
07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
to be fair, joesgonnakillyou, WWE hasn't done much by way of riveting storytelling in long time either. We had a Doink match on RAW for fuck sake.

The most original thing WWE has done lately is the Straight Edge Society and honestly it has lost a lot of steam due to creative not adding members or finding new ways of keeping it fresh.

the sad thing was doink vs khali was the most entertaining bart of that raw for me, just wsish goldust would have wrestled in that match.

the nex angle is pretty good too

VSG
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
the sad thing was doink vs khali was the most entertaining bart of that raw for me

Did you, or did you not, see Maryse on TV?

Mr. C
07-14-2010, 03:56 PM
This is shaping up to be interesting, as of now. It seems as though it’s gearing toward only one match that can be predicted.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Abyss vs. Rob Van Dam

Judging by the tapings, it’s looking a bit interesting to fill out the rest of the card.

Tag Team Championship Match
Beer Money vs. The Motor City Machine Guns

Global Championship Match
AJ Styles vs. Rob Terry

Knockouts Championship Match
Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love vs. Rosie Lottalove

Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

Not to mention some sort of match involving Devon, Ray, Raven, Rhino, Stevie, and Tommy Dreamer.

jskinnyg
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh for fuck's sake... I guess we all saw this coming... Of course i will watch it... We all hope for something original... But from this rehash... Highly doubtful...

Swiss Ultimate
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM

Zima.

Haze
07-14-2010, 04:02 PM
two words to describe this...Car...Wreck

Schlomey
07-14-2010, 04:03 PM
wait and see

Testicle
07-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Im just afraid that the show is going to be terrible. These guys are old as dirt now. ECW went under 9.5 years ago. The ECW one night stand was over 5 years ago. No matter how hard they try, the show isn't going to be as good as what they did in the WWE. Honestly, the only people that can remotely go are RVD, Rhyno, and maybe the Dudleys. I love the ECW guys as much as the next guy, but it has to end sometime.

Xero
07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
This is shaping up to be interesting, as of now. It seems as though it’s gearing toward only one match that can be predicted.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Abyss vs. Rob Van Dam

Judging by the tapings, it’s looking a bit interesting to fill out the rest of the card.

Tag Team Championship Match
Beer Money vs. The Motor City Machine Guns

Global Championship Match
AJ Styles vs. Rob Terry

Knockouts Championship Match
Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love vs. Rosie Lottalove

Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

Not to mention some sort of match involving Devon, Ray, Raven, Rhino, Stevie, and Tommy Dreamer.
It's going to be an ECW Reuinion show. They're already looking to bring in outside ECW talents like Sabu. Won't be seeing TNA-only matches, and we may not even see non-ECW alums wrestle at all.

VSG
07-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Sabu is still alive??

Londoner
07-14-2010, 04:10 PM
if this is their 'big surprise' then that's fucking lame.

Kane Knight
07-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I thought this was gonna be that they were going to put the Title on Jeff Hardy.

WWE did that twice?

TNA - its like an ECW/WCW/WWF reunion show every Thursday!

Only one of those sad ones you see at some strip mall with none of the stars.

It's symptomatic of TNAs bigger problem (one of their biggest anyway) which is relying on wrestling history rather thn trying to create their own.

It just makes them look weak and second rate

Yeah, as opposed to WWE.

wait and see

It's so much easier to jump to conclusions.