PDA

View Full Version : WWE Popularity Poll: Who's The Greatest?

Providence Peep
07-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Check out the list and vote for you who feel is the greatest of all time. If whoever you think is the greatest is not on the list, vote for "Other" and indicate who it is. Use any criterion you want.

Droford
07-23-2010, 11:56 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jObCu4j4ax0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jObCu4j4ax0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Juan
07-24-2010, 12:00 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgcovIu3k9o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgcovIu3k9o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BollywoodSingh
07-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I voted for Bret Hart, he's my all-time favourite. But I think either Shawn Michaels or Undertaker will win as they have both old fans and new fans. 10 years ago, Bret Hart would win if you're surveying smarks.

Schlomey
07-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I voted for Chris Jericho. But it's all relative to the times and to my mood. My go-to-man for sports entertainment is Jericho but that doesn't mean that at times there are others who I enjoy more or even love more. During the Attitude Era I'd say Austin was my favorite even more so than Jericho..but looking BACK on the times I could see differently.

But yeah, I love most of the fellas on that list but def. my go-to-guy is Christopher Wallsof Jericho.

XCaliber
07-24-2010, 12:36 AM
The Rock cuz in my heart he will forever be The People's Champ!

jskinnyg
07-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Normally I would say Flair, but since CJ came back, he's been on top of his game, and he's more in my generation... Flair may have started what we all love in the IWC as the total package (NOT LUGER), but Jericho takes it to another level for me... And always has...

Verbose Minch
07-24-2010, 03:42 AM
I was going to vote Foley, but I think that was just the mark in me. I chose Taker.

It's incredible how well he's made that gimmick work, and how many times he has reinvented himself/adapted in the ring.

Tazz Dan
07-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Taker, Y2J, Bret, Shawn, HHH, Kurt..... all favourites of mine. But Edge is probably my all-time favourite wrestler so he gets my vote.

Aguakate
07-24-2010, 04:19 AM
...Shawn Michaels.

And it's not even close.

FourFifty
07-24-2010, 06:15 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-5_8af3TiY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-5_8af3TiY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4 knuckles up
07-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Kurt Angle.

He's in a class of his own when it comes to actual wrestling ability, and he's got great mic skills. The Rock being a close second for the opposite reasons.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-24-2010, 06:54 AM
I vote for a different wrestler every week when this poll is made.

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 07:10 AM
El Dandy.

...No, Shawn Michaels.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Was Christian really deserving to be put to that list of main event talent? I call shenanigans!

I also voted for the Macho Man Randy Savage. Ohhh yeah snap into a slim jim dig it and be a man Hogan!

Nicky Fives
07-24-2010, 10:06 AM
1. Owen Hart
2. Razor Ramon/Scott Hall
3. Bret "Hitman" Hart
4. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
5. "Ravishing" Rick Rude

My all-time favourite Top 5

MoFo
07-24-2010, 10:42 AM
The Rock, clearly.

Biggz
07-24-2010, 11:35 AM
My favorite wrestler of all time is The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase.

jskinnyg
07-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah and ANGLE was a close 2nd for me... And DiBiase? Get the the F out...

The Pope
07-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Hornswoggle should clearly be on that list.

screech
07-24-2010, 03:17 PM
El Dandy.

...No, Shawn Michaels.

WHO ARE YOU TO DOUBT EL DANDY?

bigslimjj
07-24-2010, 05:08 PM
HBK-G.O.A.T.

dweebo420
07-24-2010, 06:09 PM
hbk who could out do shawn on any day hell hes still better than guys half the guys in the back

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 11:38 PM
HBK-G.O.A.T.

And not just because he eats tin cans.

The Gold Standard
07-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Bret Hart. I can always put in a Bret Hart match and watch, and enjoy it.

The Gold Standard
07-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I have a strange feeling this thread could turn into a Bret v Shawn topic.

Lock Jaw
07-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Of that list the people who I have watched and never once been bored by them, or been tempted to look away from the screen and go "meh", or change the channel:

Chris Jericho
Eddie Guerrero
Christian
Kurt Angle

Therefore, I vote Kurt Angle.

The Gold Standard
07-25-2010, 12:39 AM
There are a lot of guys on that list that I can watch every match of and never be bored, but I stayed with Bret Hart because he has been a favorite for longer.

Aguakate
07-25-2010, 12:42 AM

They probably ARE the 2 best of all time, so its only natural.

Kane Knight
07-25-2010, 08:23 AM

Really? You think a thread about the greatest wrestler, where two of the most beloved wrestlers on the list have a history that divides their fanbase, might turn into a thread arguing about the two?

...Now that was sarcasm, Noid. Try and learn the difference.

The Gold Standard
07-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Really? You think a thread about the greatest wrestler, where two of the most beloved wrestlers on the list have a history that divides their fanbase, might turn into a thread arguing about the two?

...Now that was sarcasm, Noid. Try and learn the difference.

I am just sick of the arguments, they always happen and it has gotten annoying.

BizarroKing
07-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Taker.

Schlomey
07-25-2010, 02:13 PM

luckily the 2 people having a discussion are smart and articulate and even more so they are respected members of the forum who people listen and value their opinions.

Kane Knight
07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Predicting it won't help, and is more likely to facilitate it.

XL
07-25-2010, 04:14 PM
I dunno whether to vote for the "Greatest" or my favourite - they are 2 totally different polls btw.

When the "greatest" is discussed your list is pretty much: Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock, Shawn, Taker, Bret. The rest of the guys (including Kurt and Jericho) on the list have little/no place being mentioned in the "greatest of all time".

As for personal favourite, that can be anybody.

So, as the thread title is "Greatest" but the poll asks for "favourite" I will pick my favourite of the "Greatest".

And that probably goes to Shawn Michaels.

I was a huge Hart mark as a kid but had stopped watching by the time Shawn came to prominance and then got back into wrestling after he retired in 98. However, having watched a lot of the stuff that I missed and having seen his career since he came back I have to hand it to HBK. If Bret had been in WWF/E during late 98 onwards (when I got back into it) I'm sure he would be my go to guy but, he wasn't.

Shawn brings it on every level. His promo work is usually good to amazing, his matches are the same. Looking just at his Mania work you have v Jericho, v Angle, v Taker (twice), v Vince even. Those matches are amongst the very best Mania matches of all time.

As good as his opponents are/were, he was the common denominator.

The Gold Standard
07-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Predicting it won't help, and is more likely to facilitate it.

Ok, I apologize then

Schlomey
07-26-2010, 09:11 AM
The way I see it is that every man listed above has merit and value and I could not even attempt to argue a personal opinion. You can't always help who you love and follow and enjoy so why try...It's not like Norman Smiley or Rob Terry is on the list so whoever people choose is fine by me.

Aguakate
07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w_1dIiCYWY0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w_1dIiCYWY0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DAMN iNATOR
07-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Rock.

Crazy Nick
07-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Shawn Michaels gets my vote, in my opinion he was the greatest in ring performer to ever step foot in the squared circle. He could put on a great match with almost anyone that he was in the ring with.

Snowden
07-27-2010, 02:26 AM
I dunno whether to vote for the "Greatest" or my favourite - they are 2 totally different polls btw.

When the "greatest" is discussed your list is pretty much: Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock, Shawn, Taker, Bret. The rest of the guys (including Kurt and Jericho) on the list have little/no place being mentioned in the "greatest of all time".

I disagree. I think greatest is a subjective term, and for me, has as much to do with talent as well as longevity, star power, and titles won. You can make the argument that guys like Angle and Jericho have just as much talent as the guys you listed, and in some cases, maybe even a bit more in some cases. I don't think you would hear anyone argue Hogan could outwrestle Kurt Angle, and for my money, I like Jericho on the mic more than, say, Taker or Bret.

Of course, the guys you listed are the largest draws, which plays a big part in the equation, and in that sense I agree with the spirit of what you're going for. With the medium being scripted though, for me (and I emphasize me, for, as I said, greatness is subjective and therefore this whole post may be an exercise in futility) greatness has a lot to do with making the most of whats been given to you by management. IMO, that opens things up a bit more.

owenbrown
07-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Dennis Stamp

DAMN iNATOR
07-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Dennis Stamp

'Cause he's not booked...:shifty:

Mooияakeя™
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm not voting until you add The Million Dollar Man.