PDA

View Full Version : HardCORE Justice

Tazz Dan
07-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Nashville, Tennessee (July 23, 2010) – Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling President Dixie Carter and “The Extreme Original” Tommy Dreamer announced today that “Hard Justice,” TNA’s live pay-per-view event August 8 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, will transform to “HardCORE Justice,” a one-night-only celebration of extreme, hardcore wrestling featuring a never before seen reunion of legendary wrestling superstars.

Carter also announced today that Dreamer would be given full creative control of “HardCORE Justice.” In addition to the hardcore originals, Dreamer revealed a few more names for “HardCORE Justice,”: Current TNA agents Al Snow and Simon Diamond, as well as tag team legends Team 3D and current TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam. Dreamer confirmed that Van Dam will compete at the pay-per-view event, but will not defend his title.

So, I haven't seen a dedicated thread on this recently, but to be fair I haven't searched the forum too hard either so I apologise if this has been discussed in the last week or so.

From what I've been reading it's looking like the main event may possibly be RVD vs Jerry Lynn with the TNA World Title not being on the line. My question to you all is how would book this main event?

By taking the title out of the match it does give JL the opportunity to go over RVD. But would they really have a guy who's not on their roster go over their world champ?

Anyway, discuss if you feel the need how you would go about it, and/or what you believe TNA will do, being that they are TNA. Also keep in mind this is only speculation at the moment what I mentioned and not confirmed.

Tazz Dan
07-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Oh, and I only quoted a couple of bits of the front page story, there is more in the story.

Tazz Dan
07-24-2010, 05:32 AM
13 views and not one other reply? Fuck you guys. :mad:

whiteyford
07-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Its TNA so i wouldnt be shocked if Jerry Lynn went over clean, should be a decent match though if its not overbooked.

FourFifty
07-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Really, something we've never seen? Like Hardcore Homecoming, or One Night Stand?

First TNA signs some top tier talent from WWE (Angle, Hardy), then they sign two people that used to be icons that are now shitting on their names (Hogan, Flair), they recycle older stables (The Band, Fortune)... Does TNA have a single idea that they can claim is their own that doesn't end up in an epic clusterfuck like a reverse ladder match with a shark cage outside the ring?
Oh yea, their old ring. It was a crap idea, but it was THEIR crap idea that made them stick out a little bit. Now, they're just trying too hard to be WWE.

jskinnyg
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
If this truly is going to be a TNA sendoff into the sunset then I think Lynn over RVD wouldn't be a big deal... Most of wrestlings fan base that understands the meaning of the PPV would get it if Lynn went over... ... That being said, it wouldn't matter anyway in this case I think if the match was anywhere near as good as the past RVD VS. JL matches...

I don't really expect the rest of the PPV to be too great... I love the old ECW, but it is the OLD ECW... And I love the OLD Tommy Dreamer, but he looked like shit the last 2 years in WWE, and I don't expect much now... Slow is slow...

Volare
07-24-2010, 12:12 PM
IT'S MAKE IT OR BREAK IT FOR TNA!

Schlomey
07-24-2010, 12:13 PM
granted it takes away a paycheck from most of the TNA guys I guess I'll support this with no other choice.

I suspect 1 or 2 TNA matches like a hardcore beermoney vs mcmg match and maybe abyss in an extreme rules match with someone.

I hope lynn goes over rvd and HOPEFULLY tazz gets involved as well with a match.

The Pope
07-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I doubt it since Tommy Dreamer is in charge of putting it together. (both Keyfabe and in the real world)

Volare
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
I hope lynn goes over rvd and HOPEFULLY tazz gets involved as well with a match.

Taz will choke out Mike Tenay.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Taz will choke out Mike Tenay.

That would be worth the price of admission if TNA charged for admission.

Xero
07-24-2010, 03:08 PM
From Lance Storm's website (http://www.stormwrestling.com/news.html):

I was hoping to write a bigger article about the TNA: ECW Themed PPV, because I am getting bombarded with questions, but I've got a very busy schedule for the next week, so I'll just address this here and now.

I was asked if I would be interested in taking part in the TNA: One Last Stand PPV. I think it was big of them to extend me the offer, considering my general opinion of the TNA product, and want to I thank them for that, but I will not be taking part.

I feel it would be hypocritical of me to work the show, considering my out outspoken views of the TNA product. I have a great deal of respect for the boys who will be working the show as well as the great workers on the TNA roster, but I have no desire to be a part of the TNA creative process. As for ECW, One Night Stand in 2005 was my farewell and am content in letting sleeping dogs lie.

Lance Storm

Droford
07-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Abyss vs Foley in a barbed wire on everything that doesnt move match

bigslimjj
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM
As long as we get barbed wire,a three way dance,hot chicks rolling around the mat,and fire...I'm good.The wwe's version of this was watered down so much it still wasn't an old school "ECW" style show.Even then it was WWECW.I think this will be waaay more true to an ECW show then anything wwe put on.

itsmeJD
07-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Sucks Lance turned em down, but after all the shit he's talked about the company I can see why. Would have been nice to see an Impact Players reunion, not to mention he's probably one of the few who can still go..

Schlomey
07-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Lance Storm is my hero. True class act.

itsmeJD
07-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Lance Storm is my hero. True class act.

Indeed!!

Droford
07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Since we know they arent getting Styles, I wonder if Joel "Im fat as a cow but still not as fat as your momma" Gertner will be able to make an appearance.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1z1b3og.jpg

Stickman
07-25-2010, 12:21 PM
The first One Night Stand was the end of ECW.

Mr. JL
07-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Rob Van Dam versus Jerry Lynn.... enough said.

Jordan
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
So this is a decent idea it seems, except that all of the guys they have available are basically handicapped due to excessive violence over the years.

What is the rumored card?

What is possible to even make this a decent PPV?

All of the guys from ECW with workrates are dead or in WWE.

» Tommy Dreamer
» Mick Foley
» Rob Van Dam
» Team 3D
» Raven
» Rhino
» Stevie Richards
» Simon Diamond
» Al Snow
» Axl Rotten
» Johnny Swinger
» Sabu
» 2 Cold Scorpio
» More To Be Announced

Now there are some good guys on that list....

We know we will see Raven vs Dreamer and Lynn vs RVD ... but what else? 3-D vs Balls and Axle? Stevie vs Al Snow? Rhino vs Scorpio?

There aren't any true ECW blood feuds on this card other than Rave and Dreamer, and RVD and Lynn.

What is going to happen? Anybody in the know?

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Credible vs. corino,cw anderson vs. rhino,guido vs tagiri vs. kid kash,nova vs scorpio.foley and sandman vs the dudleys.terry funk doing anything,and i would love to see New Jack show up.

VSG
08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Raven has so much meat on him, that match (if it happens) will be more of a "what's under the TNA ring" match.

jskinnyg
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah Raven looks like death's door...

MoFo
08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Lol Sabu.

Worst thing about ECW. Im looking forward to seeing Johnny Swinger more than him.

Swiss Ultimate
08-03-2010, 04:57 PM
So this is a decent idea it seems, except that all of the guys they have available are basically handicapped due to excessive violence over the years.

What is the rumored card?

What is possible to even make this a decent PPV?

All of the guys from ECW with workrates are dead or in WWE.

» Tommy Dreamer
» Mick Foley
» Rob Van Dam
» Team 3D
» Raven
» Rhino
» Stevie Richards
» Simon Diamond
» Al Snow
» Axl Rotten
» Johnny Swinger
» Sabu
» 2 Cold Scorpio
» More To Be Announced

Now there are some good guys on that list....

We know we will see Raven vs Dreamer and Lynn vs RVD ... but what else? 3-D vs Balls and Axle? Stevie vs Al Snow? Rhino vs Scorpio?

There aren't any true ECW blood feuds on this card other than Rave and Dreamer, and RVD and Lynn.

What is going to happen? Anybody in the know?

This should have been ECW VS. TNA...

Gertner
08-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Hopefully the under-rated team of Simon and Swinger.
I've always saw Simon Diamond as a guy who I'm shocked didn't do better in his career.

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
lol workrates.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Tommy Dreamer hyped the event on Twitter by bigging up his physical condition.

@THETOMMYDREAMER: Just asked to move to back of plane for weight issues. Thanks Delta for making me feel fatter. Should I ring bell for seatbelt extender

The Pope
08-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Credible vs. corino,cw anderson vs. rhino,guido vs tagiri vs. kid kash,nova vs scorpio.foley and sandman vs the dudleys.terry funk doing anything,and i would love to see New Jack show up.

Half of these guys aren't even going.

Destro 2.0
08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
So we talking about One Night Stand and bunch of washed up INDY stars past there prime. Because this has never been done before. The will hire Chris Hamrick and Vic Grimes.

Tazz Dan
08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104974

Just sayin BRO.

Tazz Dan
08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Apparently Sabu has been confirmed now too.

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Half of these guys aren't even going.
they haven't annouced all the names.How do you know who's going?

The Pope
08-03-2010, 06:24 PM
they haven't annouced all the names.How do you know who's going?

Because I'm God

bigslimjj
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Because I'm God

Quit stealing Flair's lines.:lol:

VSG
08-03-2010, 07:01 PM
There are now 2 threads named exactly the same.

St. Jimmy
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
If only there were some magical way for these threads to be merged!

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I'll see what I can do.......

MoFo
08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Perry Saturn is back from the dead for this event.

-We can confirm at this time of writing that, former ECW, WCW and WWE star Perry Satullo aka Perry Saturn has come into contact with TNA officials regarding an appearance at upcoming PPV 'Hardcore Justice: One Last Stand.'

According to sources it is believed that TNA officials came into contact with Mr. Satullo whilst at a bar in Montgomery, Alabama. Satullo, part of successful tag team 'The Eliminators' along with now passed away George Caiazzo aka John Kronus, is believed to have accepted the offer on a one night appearance basis.

This is seen as a major breakthrough by TNA officials considering Satullo's disappearance from wrestling in 2004, and having not been seen since 2004.

MoFo
08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
sauce - PWI

Droford
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Flair wouldnt wrestle Shane Douglas, maybe Terry Funk could come out and make fun of him for not retiring and lead into a little skirmish...but not a match!

VSG
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Ah, the merger. You are now.... one!

Schlomey
08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Wonder if Perry is in ring shape...Last pic I saw I would say no.

Destro 2.0
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey talking about One Night Stand I see. This is that show about a bunch of Indy Stars past there prime right? Because thats all ECW was just a rinky dink indy fed.

I wonder what there work rates will be?

DaBrasko
08-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Hey talking about One Night Stand I see. This is that show about a bunch of Indy Stars past there prime right? Because thats all ECW was just a rinky dink indy fed.

I wonder what there work rates will be?

Sooo is being a troll every new posters gimmick?

Destro 2.0
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Sooo is being a troll every new posters gimmick?

No buts it seems to be that fellow Gertners gimmick.

The Pope
08-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Joel Gertner? Why make fun of the gay?

The Pope
08-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Brother Runt, CW Anderson and the original members of The FBI are all confirmed for Sunday's "HardCORE Justice" Pay-Per-View event! More names to be announced on Thursday's "iMPACT!"