PDA

View Full Version : WWE trying to inflate Big shows height again?

Gerard
07-24-2010, 11:26 AM
After watching the match on smackdown it seems that theyre trying to push big show as being well over 7 foot again. With stryker making comments like "the tallest major league player was 6'10, the giant is half a foot taller than that". Also notable that they keep refering to him as the giant more lately than big show, or at least stryker is.

Seems a bit pointless as with the weight show has regained it does make him appear to be a bit shorter than he actualy is, when he just joined wwe and was in much better shape he did look a good bit over 7 feet. :wtf:

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 11:34 AM
TBS is actually 7'1" right? I mean, half a foot taller than 6'10" is 7'4" and that;s only 3" difference, so it's a pretty small exaggeration.

Gerard
07-24-2010, 11:41 AM
TBS is actually 7'1" right? I mean, half a foot taller than 6'10" is 7'4" and that;s only 3" difference, so it's a pretty small exaggeration.

The amount of times theyve changed his height over the years though is strange, when he first came in he was 7'2 (down from 7'5 in wcw), this gradually came down to 7 feet and this was even incorperated into his tron vid. Now he's suddenly gained another 4 inches from nowhere.

Be interesting to know what his actual height is as his current girth does give the illusion that he is shorter than he was.

If you watch this vid he looks substantially bigger than the rock, but as said he was thinner, and the hair i suppose adds to the illusion of him being taller than he is.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GI8oM_5W2Tg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GI8oM_5W2Tg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I mean, 3" isn't all that much. It's about the size of a mini CD, a note card, or three times Sascha's penis.

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I meant actual height, not billed height.

I understand that changes.

jskinnyg
07-24-2010, 11:56 AM
It's just the rants of Striker I think... Not too big of a deal... Just pushing TBS when it's his time to be pushed...

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Wrestling's all about exaggeration, anyway. I'm surprised the steel cages aren't billed as 500' high now.

DrA
07-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I've read sources which have said that he isn't even 7 feet tall. Being taller than the tallest major league baseball player is sort of an arbitrary achievement either way though.

Gerard
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I've read sources which have said that he isn't even 7 feet tall. Being taller than the tallest major league baseball player is sort of an arbitrary achievement either way though.

Id say he is just about 7 feet tall, i remember seeing this posting a while back comparing big show to shaq. From what i remember shaq seemed to be wearing shoes with a really large bulky sole to them so it increased his height slightly.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142058

Kane Knight
07-24-2010, 11:40 PM
So....Four times Sascha's penis? Maybe five?

DAMN iNATOR
07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
His page on imdb shows that he stated for the record back in 2001 that he was 7'1", so yeah, you're right KK, they're exaggerating his height by about 3", unless he's gained height since then which is pretty highly unlikely.

Snowden
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Funny part is, Randy Johnson isn't even the tallest baseball player ever...

But yeah, it seems like they're trying to subtly inflate his height. Makes sense, as they're rebuilding him into this big lovable monster. I suppose the logic is that if he's going to be a semi-permanent main eventer, making him even bigger can't hurt the perception of him.

Though I'm not sure what he's actually billed at though...as it was said earlier, what Striker says isn't necessarily canon.

Londoner
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Strange that i've never bothered to fully research this. Can't think why.

Providence Peep
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
They keep changing his billed height and it seems like they keep changing their minds about whether or not they should push him. Do you guys think the bookers could have (or should have) pushed The Big Show further and more consistently since his arrival there, or do you think they can't go any further with him? Do you find him entertaining or do you think he's fat and lazy? I know he's been the champion a few times or whatever, but it just seems like the WWE could make him into a monster or make him the "immovable object" (like Andre was) and I don't know why they haven't.

DAMN iNATOR
07-27-2010, 12:40 AM
They keep changing his billed height and it seems like they keep changing their minds about whether or not they should push him. Do you guys think the bookers could have (or should have) pushed The Big Show further and more consistently since his arrival there, or do you think they can't go any further with him? Do you find him entertaining or do you think he's fat and lazy? I know he's been the champion a few times or whatever, but it just seems like the WWE could make him into a monster or make him the "immovable object" (like Andre was) and I don't know why they haven't.

He's a solid mid-card guy, but all of his world title runs have been jokes. And I don't know about the in-ring announcer, but I know the commentary guys talk about Show's height all the time, but I think over the past several years, the in-ring guy has been pretty consistent by just saying "standing over 7' tall, and weighing in at ___ lbs., The Big Show!" or whatever.

Providence Peep
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
He's a solid mid-card guy, but all of his world title runs have been jokes.

I guess what I'm wondering is why his title runs have been jokes. Was it poor booking? Was it because The Big Show isn't good enough to be taken seriously? Was it a combination of both? Why has he never been as beloved as Andre the Giant was throughout the 1970's and early 80's, or as disliked or feared as Andre was when Andre was feuding with Hogan?

BigDaddyCool
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I remember his title runs, and they were jokes.

itsmeJD
07-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I think a large part of that has been creative being unable to decide what to fucking do with him long term. Creative seems to be so short sighted at times that it's mind numbing. One week he is a happy smiling fun loving Giant, the next week is a angry and wants to destroy, the next week he is a semi-pro boxer with a knockout punch. It doesn't seem like they've ever used him one way and stuck with that path consistently to make him a legitimate contender/champion.