PDA

View Full Version : Horn Fined

DXJerky-Version 2.5
12-17-2003, 06:04 PM
$30 K

and Lewis fined $5 K-which Horn volunteered to pay for also.

(The Bengal's Johnson also fined (even though the sign asked them not to do it) $10 K

see:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-saints-hornfined&prov=ap&type=lgns)

The Icon of Elisim
12-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Doesn't shock me, they know the rules and they broke them willingly.

I feel bad for Horn. The guy catches 4 TDs but isn't getting the recognition he deserves.

road doggy dogg
12-17-2003, 06:48 PM
It's still funny/awesome as hell

Oh well, he has to give up like a week's pay, I'm sure it was worth it

PsychoSport
12-17-2003, 07:08 PM
See, I don't get this.

It's a stupid/selfish thing to do, sure. But who did he hurt, really? I mean, I'm all for finings for shit like beating the crap out of someone for no reason, or even threats like the throat slashing or whatever, but who was Horn hurting by calling on a phone? Other than his team because of the 15 yard penalty. Yes it was a stupid thing to do, but I just don't get fining him.

Bad Guy
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
"Please don't fine me again"
:lol:

sadio8
12-17-2003, 08:41 PM
NFL - No Fun League. This is really stupid, why would you fine him? Just let the players have some fun and well let them be creative in their own way :) Its all for fun thats all!

Supreme Olajuwon
12-17-2003, 08:51 PM
ah yeah

BCWWF
12-17-2003, 08:55 PM
I was just coming to make a topic on this. I absolutely love this kind of stuff. It gives things a twist, this is what the XFL tried to do but failed. 30,000 dollars is a lot, but for a guy making millions a year is like the pay for one down. I think its funny, and as long as it doesnt get out of control its sweet.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah its cool every once in a while..if people started doing it all the time it wouldn't be that cool. I think they are giving the big fine so people do not get out of contorl and start doing stuff like that all the time.

I thought it was awesome...T.O still has the best overall though, my personal favorite is when he catches the ball and looks like he doesnt even break stride and runs staright into the goalpost and then falls flat on his back like hes knocked out...that shit was hilarious.

The Outlaw
12-18-2003, 01:13 AM
TO's a ****ing bastard.

He used to be one of my favorites...even my "idol" ou could say back in the day. He came down to our school and talked to us, his coach was our high school coach for a little while. He was all down to earth back then. COol as hell. Talked to us, signed shit, and just shot the shiiiiit. Then he must have realized you can't just cacth passes and be popular. Guess he thought that screaming at your coach, being a bitch, and criticising your teammates is the thing to do. I personally hated the thing he did at Dallas. Alabama boy taught him to "know his limits" though.

But, the one where he ran into the goalpost was pretty funny.

I really don't see any wrong in it as long as it isn't personally taunting the other guys, ala TO at dallas.

road doggy dogg
12-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Yeah I like what the NFL is doing with the whole taunting thing. It's one thing to celebrate a great catch or play or whatever, but it's another thing to rub it in

Kris P Lettus
12-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Hollywood and Beerman are f'n Gods...

Who Dat?!?

People, that is all...

DXJerky-Version 2.5
12-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Yeah I like what the NFL is doing with the whole taunting thing. It's one thing to celebrate a great catch or play or whatever, but it's another thing to rub it in

Especially when its planned in advance. Spontaneous celebrations is where its at. Maybe fans should start letting him use a cell phone, or hold signs for him.

road doggy dogg
12-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Holy crap. Driver and Ferguson were also fined for their celebration where they pretended to take a picture of Driver. :roll: Give me a ****ing break, the NFL are just making a huge joke out of this whole thing

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-22-2003, 09:34 PM
LOL The Jags running back held up his hand to his head and pretended like it was a phone after he scored when they played the Saints..now that's gangstaaaaa

Kris P Lettus
12-22-2003, 10:39 PM
LOL The Jags running back held up his hand to his head and pretended like it was a phone after he scored when they played the Saints..now that's gangstaaaaa

:mad:

The Outlaw
12-22-2003, 11:38 PM
LOL Krispy. :(

PsychoSport
12-24-2003, 06:40 PM

Yeah, that was funny.