PDA

View Full Version : My phone gradually loses "M" as the day goes on

RoXer
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I have a Droid like a lot of us do on here and I uses Advanced Task Killer. Every time I boot up my phone and kill all the apps it will say like "Available Memory: 113 M". But then as the day progresses and I kill all apps, suddenly I have like 95M left for no reason. And then the next day it will hover around 85 and stay there.

The phone still runs smooth as if nothing is wrong, but it just bugs me. There are no apps running in the background according to the "Running Services" section in settings.

Is anyone else having this issue?

RoXer
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
where do memory go?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-26-2010, 05:33 PM
It's the way it's designed. It doesn't free up memory until it's needed, then just overwrites new RAM.

It's the most battery efficient way to use RAM rather than constantly loading/unloading.

VSG
07-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Ya, it keeps happening with my Nokia phone too. After a while of doing nothing, it is back to normal.

El Fangel
07-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Yes, I regularly go from like 40M down to 25M.

Legendary624
07-27-2010, 05:43 PM
My Blackberry Storm always gave me problems with this issue. I found that pulling the battery and doing a hard reset always seemed to bring my memory back and make the system run smoother and faster. Not too familiar with the new Droid series so forgive me if my crude solution doesn't resolve the problem.