PDA

View Full Version : who will win at summerslam: team cena vs. the nexus?

SOCCER LEGS
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
vote

The Jayman
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Nexus

SOCCER LEGS
07-27-2010, 01:26 PM
i really hope it's the nexus... i want their domination over the WWE locker room to continue

rated rjo
07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh please let it be the rookies.

jskinnyg
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Rookies with the help of their leader... The Game...

Wolfpack423
07-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I would like Team WWE to win, however, I can see Team Nexus winning with the help of a WWE star and I can see it being John Cena. It would work perfectly as he can say how he doesn't get respect from the WWE Universe so he and the Nexus will take down the WWE until there is nothing left. If it isn't Cena it'll be HHH. Jericho or Edge joining Nexus is not enough as they're already heels. Khali is better as the Punjabi Playboy. Nobody would care if it is John Morrison or R-Truth, though Morrison will probably turn heel soon, but I think that is a mistake to do. Don't get me wrong Morrison is one of my favorites, I just don't think fans would really react. Bret Hart is the one that will most likely be screwed over in the match if they indeed go with a member of Team WWE turning to the Nexus.

Favre4Ever
07-27-2010, 04:49 PM
rehash of Invasion PPV main event for sure, some member of Team Cena will cost them the match and be behind the whole Nexus thing.

jskinnyg
07-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Could be badass if the turn from the WWE team was Bret... That's about all he's good for in the ring nowadays cause of his health...

Cuse8
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Could be badass if the turn from the WWE team was Bret... That's about all he's good for in the ring nowadays cause of his health...

nexus wins..when the final 2 raw team guys are cena and bret..cena comes in..bret comes in behind him..low blows cena..barrett hits in finisher and pins cena.. then bret lays down so nxt can pin him..

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-27-2010, 05:05 PM
It's not who you want to win. It's who you think will win.

John Cena jobbing at a major PPV like Summerslam? Come on!

Rammsteinmad
07-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Nexus.

By themselves, without any help from any Pros.

Loose Cannon
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Nexus via interferance from Road Warrior Animal

SaskatchewanChamp
07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Really? I would expect of all people you guys to know this is V. 2 of the nWo. Watch for HHH to come out and help Nexus, revealing that he is the leader.

XCaliber
07-27-2010, 08:17 PM
After a Nexus squash this past week I can't help but think it will all come down to Cena being all by himself and he will end up owning them all one by one ending with Barrett of course.

Emperor Smeat
07-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Logically, it should be Team Nexus since they have been built up as a solid team where everyone believes in the same goal compared to the "Super team" who are all attacking or upset with each other. If there is going to be any cracks with Nexus it should come from within like maybe Otunga starts to believe he should be the mouthpiece/leader and not Barrett.

Since it is the WWE and a major PPV, I wouldn't be surprised if team Cena won or just dominated the match while Nexus got some "fluke" eliminations. Team Cena seems similar to Team Dx a few years ago where Team Dx was a makeshift team but did a clean sweep domination when it came to the PPV match itself.

Snowden
07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I can see Cena opening up, cleaning house and making the tag to, say, JoMo (fo sho), who gets in some offense, but is leveled in the Nexus corner and gets eliminated. Truth comes in, who promptly gets in some offense, but is again eliminated.

Have Khali come in, clear house and maybe even pin someone in the process (lets say Slater), but when he goes to tag in Edge he doesn't take the tag, causing Khali to get rolled up (if thats even possible). Edge then enters, promptly spears, say, Darren Young, eliminating him.

Rest of the match goes on, have it come down to Cena and Bret versus Tarver, Sheffield, and Barrett. Cena takes out Sheffield and Tarver, but Barrett ends up pinning Cena. Leave it to just Bret and Barrett, and have the whole of the Nexus walk back out and surround the ring. Bret gets a few shots in. The Nexus all get in the ring...and then you can take one of two routes:

(a) Triple H's music hits, he runs out sledgehammer in tow, and the ring clears, with just Barrett and Hart in the ring. HHH stares down Barrett, but boom, nails Hart with the Sledgehammer and pedigrees him to close the show as the Nexus stand tall

(b) The distraction allows Barrett to get the best of Hart, and he gets him up for a (very delicate) finisher, 1-2-3. The Nexus then get ready to beat down Hart when Cena and the faces come out to try and make the save.

Thoughts?

Rammsteinmad
07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
It sounds good until the Triple H idea. Typical Triple H (predictable) swerve, which means it's the most likely outcome. :nono:

Snowden
07-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm personally not a particular fan of HHH getting involved either, as I think it would devalue the Nexus members by having him in the spotlight. However, with the buzz of him being the mastermind, I figured I'd include a scenario where he gets involved.

I will agree that the swerve would be a bit predictable, but there's no way around it if he plays a part. Plus him taking out Hart would, IMO, add an extra layer.

DAMN iNATOR
07-27-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll go with Team RAW in what could possibly be the biggest upset of the night at SummerSlam.

rated rjo
07-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Really? I would expect of all people you guys to know this is V. 2 of the nWo. Watch for HHH to come out and help Nexus, revealing that he is the leader.

Oh my god! Is he....!!??? Is HHH(ogan) the EIGHTH man?!!?!?!

Stickman
07-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Cena wins.

bostonbill41
07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Logically, it should be Team Nexus since they have been built up as a solid team where everyone believes in the same goal compared to the "Super team" who are all attacking or upset with each other. If there is going to be any cracks with Nexus it should come from within like maybe Otunga starts to believe he should be the mouthpiece/leader and not Barrett.

Since it is the WWE and a major PPV, I wouldn't be surprised if team Cena won or just dominated the match while Nexus got some "fluke" eliminations. Team Cena seems similar to Team Dx a few years ago where Team Dx was a makeshift team but did a clean sweep domination when it came to the PPV match itself.

Its actually enough to make me want to buy the ppv this time around. I think Nexus wins only cause it's a better story line to have Nexus continue to win and cause havoc on Raw.

PS it would have been better if Orton agreed to be part of Cena's team.

bigslimjj
07-29-2010, 02:43 PM
what if orton is in charge of nexus?

Poit
07-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Nexus will win so Team Cena can win at Survivor Series.

Gertner
07-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Probably Paul Roma

The Pope
07-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Where's the who cares option?

DAMN iNATOR
08-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Nexus will win so Team Cena can win at Survivor Series.

Actually, I was thinking, personally, I'd like to see this whole thing go: SummerSlam -> Bragging Rights -> Survivor Series. Set up the whole thing with, lets say (for the sake of argument) Cena's team winning at SummerSlam, and then have NeXus win a PPV rematch at Bragging Rights, surprisingly cleanly, and then have the rubber PPV match at Survivor Series...not sure who I'd book to win that at this point though.

DaVe
08-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Where's the who cares option?

That's in the non-wrestling forum.

Troelar
08-01-2010, 05:25 AM
I'm betting on a Nexus win because
a) it'd make a longer storyline,
b) it'd make a more fun storyline,
c) It'll make it even more stupidly ridiculous when Cena wins that upcoming 7 on 1 tornado style hardcore elimination handicap match - which will make me semi-mark out with rage!

How will it go down? I'm hoping a leader will not be revealed, it'd just be /care (unless it's Dixie Carter!).
I don't think Jericho or Edge will turn - unless you could somehow angle it so Jericho still thinks he can control Nexus (which Chris could sell like ice cream in the desert).
Will anybody else turn? I guess you could do that. I doubt Jo-mo (hadn't seen this used before this thread, but will keep using it now) will turn, there just hasn't been any build up and there's no reason not to have build up - you could've had him "narrowly escaping a Nexus beating", but they didn't. There'd be some explaining to do, and Jo-mo doesn't have the mic skills to do it.
I think Bret would be most likely to turn on team Cena, in an assstupid Bret screwed Cena thing.
However I'd prefer to see Khali turn! That'd just be so stupid and without any possibility of working, but dammit it'd be fun!

On another note Triple H as the leader seems unlikely to me (but it'll still prolly be true) for two reasons (at least):
Otunga is using the Spinebuster. Simple as that. It's like Triple Hs "Now I'm mad" move - it'd be weird for both to do it, but for it to somehow be more vicious if Otunga does it... ???

Nexus has (almost) said that nobody is gonna take the glory away from them. "Because we would really like to shut up, the guy, who's trying to claim, to be behind Nexus' success"

At around 2:53
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BWIXiWkkp2M&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BWIXiWkkp2M&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sixx
08-01-2010, 06:08 AM
So Triple H is scheduled to come back sometime soon?

Mr. C
08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Triple-H will be a surprise 7th member to be named at SummerSlam, and then Nexus will be gone, except for Wade Barrett, just like the Spirit Squad. My prediction…

Bret Hart, John Cena, John Morrison, Mark Henry, R-Truth, The Great Khali, & Triple-H vs. Nexus

VSG
08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm betting on a Nexus win because
a) it'd make a longer storyline,
b) it'd make a more fun storyline,
c) It'll make it even more stupidly ridiculous when Cena wins that upcoming 7 on 1 tornado style hardcore elimination handicap match - which will make me semi-mark out with rage!

How will it go down? I'm hoping a leader will not be revealed, it'd just be /care (unless it's Dixie Carter!).
I don't think Jericho or Edge will turn - unless you could somehow angle it so Jericho still thinks he can control Nexus (which Chris could sell like ice cream in the desert).
Will anybody else turn? I guess you could do that. I doubt Jo-mo (hadn't seen this used before this thread, but will keep using it now) will turn, there just hasn't been any build up and there's no reason not to have build up - you could've had him "narrowly escaping a Nexus beating", but they didn't. There'd be some explaining to do, and Jo-mo doesn't have the mic skills to do it.
I think Bret would be most likely to turn on team Cena, in an assstupid Bret screwed Cena thing.
However I'd prefer to see Khali turn! That'd just be so stupid and without any possibility of working, but dammit it'd be fun!

On another note Triple H as the leader seems unlikely to me (but it'll still prolly be true) for two reasons (at least):
Otunga is using the Spinebuster. Simple as that. It's like Triple Hs "Now I'm mad" move - it'd be weird for both to do it, but for it to somehow be more vicious if Otunga does it... ???

Nexus has (almost) said that nobody is gonna take the glory away from them. "Because we would really like to shut up, the guy, who's trying to claim, to be behind Nexus' success"

At around 2:53
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BWIXiWkkp2M&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BWIXiWkkp2M&amp;hl=da_DK&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Finally a new poster who isn't, well, shitty while having good grammar :y:

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
It seems like logical booking to put Nexus over fairly strongly. I have no doubt a few of the N guys will be eliminated, but the WWE has come up with some good reasoning behind why the WWE guys may not be able to topple the unified force of Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Darren Young, Skip Sheffield & Michael Tarver. If I were booking, I'd go with this, just so the Nexus angle keeps going strong, and all seven guys have more of a chance to grow and learn.

But this is SummerSlam. The WWE have put a fair bit of effort into hyping this as a big PPV, with the Axxess thing and everything. Considering the Nexus are meant to be the villains, Cena and co. are the heroes, and that the Nexus guys are all green -- I could very easily see Team WWE going over. If that's the case, I think they will reveal that this tension between Team WWE was all fabricated by them to lure Nexus into a false sense of security. The veterans using their experience, if you will. Of course, this being the WWE, I could also see Team WWE going over and keeping legitimate tension -- but I think that would hurt Nexus more than help them. At least if they buy into the rouse that Khali is thinking about joining them, Jericho & Edge want off, R-Truth has tension with even his best friend on the team, etc. they can lose the match and then bounce back with that trick being exhausted. It may not be ideal booking, as the Nexus is then in a position where they are almost the protagonists (even if they are still heels), as they now have something more to prove to the WWE guys and not vice versa, but it could keep the story going.

Part of me feels that the WWE isn't looking to keep this Nexus thing going for too long. Having fourteen guys feuding in the main event locks up a lot of your key players, and it might be too much hassle for the limited writers to even think about ways to stretch it out. When SmackDown! goes to SyFy, I could see them doing another draft or something and moving a few of the N guys with a few big names to SmackDown! to give them a good start on that network. When is that? I think it's before Survivor Series, which is why they are doing the Elimination Match now. If that's the case, they'll probably start bringing the Nexus angle back to reality -- they are new guys and they aren't on the level individually that the already established guys are.

I think the final week before the PPV will reveal the strategy the WWE are going to take with the match. If the WWE pushes the tension a bit more, I could see that being the actual swerve -- in that there is no actual tension between Team WWE at all. But if they downplay the tension, I think that it will come up again at SummerSlam and cost the "faces." So here is how I am torn between how I think things could go at SummerSlam:

Scenario A:

* The Nexus starts off looking strong by isolating a face. Most likely Morrison, as he can take a beating and make it look good. He tags in R-Truth (his sorta time and again partner) who cleans house, but gets a knee in the back from Barrett which leads to his own former rookie, David Otunga, pinning him with The Verdict.

Nexus: 7 remaining
WWE: 6 remaining

* The Great Khali will look dominant as all hell, but then Skip Sheffield goes nuts with a steel chair on the big man and some of the other WWE members, which allows Khali to be pinned by Justin Gabriel (the littlest man in Nexus pins the biggest man in Team Cena). But Sheffield is now disqualified.

Nexus: 6 remaining
WWE: 5 remaining

* John Morrison has been beaten to a horrible point by now, and he is easy pickings for a big move from one of the Nexus guys. Let's just give Michael Tarver a big pin with his Tarver's Nightmare powerslam move.

Nexus: 6 remaining
WWE: 4 remaining

* Because I don't think Tarver is high on the WWE's protection list, after getting a big pin, he eats a Spear from Edge and is eliminated. Edge stays in character, picks his spots, and manages to eliminate one of the Nexus guys.

Nexus: 5
WWE: 4

* Bret Hart's elimination is tricky to fathom, but because of his legendary status, I don't think they'll let anyone but the guy they most love on Nexus to beat him. That's Wade Barrett. How they do that is a mystery, but they might even do it with a countout or something. But my guess is that Barrett eliminates Hart somewhere in here.

Nexus: 5
WWE: 3

* The gap is now starting to make itself apparent. Cena is also left with the two guys who absolutely hate his guts. Jericho gets in the ring and hits, let's say, Heath Slater with a Codebreaker. Slater is gone, and Jericho gets his win back against Slater from NXT (perhaps Slater is even a bit too cocky knowing that he has pinned Jericho before, and that the numbers are now strongly in Nexus' favour).

Nexus: 4

* Justin Gabriel flies in, and does some wacky stuff, but the heels use their cunning to trip him up. Perhaps Edge even does something heelish to Gabriel (who I think has a very good chance of being turned face when they eventually disband Nexus). I could see him taking the Codebreaker into a Spear, or something -- or a Codebreaker while going for his 450 Splash, or something.

Nexus: 3

* This is to build hope that the established guys have a chance. Someone comes in and beats down Jericho relentlessly. Jericho eventually tags in Edge, who hits a Spear on someone (probably Darren Young), but Wade Barrett & David Otunga break up the pin, and they then beat down Edge some. A Wasteland from Barrett eliminates Edge.

Nexus: 3
WWE: 2

* I see them doing a spot where Jericho continues to get beaten down by the heels, but he doesn't want to tag in Cena, who is begging to get in. Jericho eventually hits a Codebreaker on Young or Otunga, and does tag in Cena, who cleans house on Nexus, and then pins Young following an Attitude Adjustment.

Nexus: 2
WWE: 2

* Cena is trying to dominate the other guys, but whenever he gets Barrett up for an AA, Otunga swoops in and takes out his leg, or vice versa. Cena eventually needs to tag in Jericho. He does, but the sore Jericho gets caught off a Lionsault with The Wasteland, and is pinned by his own rookie.

Nexus: 2
WWE: 1

* Cena battles back against Barrett, as Otunga shouts at Barrett to get back into things, but then out of nowhere, the referee is knocked down. The Nexus guys come out and help out their teammates, as the commentators are barking about where Team WWE is. You could even have Jericho sneak back into the ring and hit Cena with a Codebreaker. Not joining Nexus, but just taking out Cena. Wade Barrett then gets the pin.

Winners: Nexus with Wade Barrett & David Otunga surviving

Scenario B:

* Pretty much exactly the same as Scenario A, except Cena succeeds in eliminating Otunga, but then Otunga knocks down the referee, which brings out Nexus. Team WWE then comes out, and they chase off the heels, which allows Cena to be alone with Barrett. Then they either have Cena get the clean win, or, with the referee still down, Jericho sneaks back into the ring and hits Barrett with a Codebreaker, which bounces Barrett back into an Attitude Adjustment for the pin.

Of course, there are so many variables in there. Heath Slater could last a lot longer in the match than Darren Young, and the Nexus-WWE gap might get bigger at one point, with Edge & Jericho's eliminations not happening until later -- but I could very easily see things going down like that.

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
So from either scenario you can develop more personal feuds between the Nexus guys and some of the WWE guys. For example, you could have a match between Skip Sheffield and The Great Khali, which would suck quality-wise, but Khali would hopefully put Sheffield over, and make him look like a beast -- so that when the Nexus does dissolve, Sheffield has that behind him.

The potential moment of Jericho hitting The Codebreaker on Barrett, and possibly costing his group the match could also lead to Wade Barrett vs. Chris Jericho, which would be awesome, since Jericho seems to believe that Barrett could really be a star, and could really make his ring work shine.

Heading into Night of Champions, this sort of booking could make for some great television, as NOC is based around who is holding the titles and such, and there's not really those "personal feuds" going on. So logically, if you have them happening, these sort of things get a proper build to either Hell in a Cell, or are blown-off on TV.