PDA

View Full Version : Team Raw (contains some Raw spoilers for next week)

Evil Vito
07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
<font color=goldenrod>So with Raw being taped next week I went ahead and checked out the spoilers for the show.

Edge and Jericho both quit the Summerslam team and wound up making amends after their months and months of fighting. Edge/Jericho vs. Cena/Bret with the Nexus as lumberjacks is set for the August 9th Raw. Also, the Nexus is trying to recruit The Great Khali.

Now, I think Bret is going to unify the remaining members of the team before the PPV (can't see Khali joining the Nexus either, nobody would care) - but I don't really see Jericho and Edge joining back. So that leaves 2 spots to fill.

I'm curious as to which route they'll take here. Guys like Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, or The Hart Dynasty would have all made sense but the Nexus has already decisively squashed all of them on the last Raw. Santino and Kozlov should have probably been in that match on the last Raw if they wanted to preserve 2 of the other guys for the PPV.

But the pool if guys who the Nexus has attacked is quite thin, too. I think Steamboat may very well have been in the match from the get-go had he not had his brain aneurysm, so he won't be involved. The other legends the Nexus attacked would seem kinda weird. Vince wants to remain written off and the team wouldn't look like a threat at all with Vince and Bret both on it. Daniel Bryan is already booked in the indies until the end of September, and even if he had some opt-out clause the sad reality is the casual fans wouldn't give two shits if he was revealed as a mystery participant.

Then there's Triple H, who isn't ready to wrestle yet. BUT I suppose if the idea is for him to be behind the Nexus, he could make his big surprise return and remain on the apron the whole match. He'd only have to do a Pedigree on Cena when he finally got the hot tag.

So yeah, any thoughts on who they might use to fill in the spots? They'll probably just go the Evan Bourne and Mark Henry route, but I guess we'll see.</font>

Londoner
07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Didn't know raw was being taped, whys that?

Supreme Olajuwon
07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
"I suppose if the idea is for him to be behind the Nexus"

I keep seeing people say somebody is "behind" Nexus and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Like Triple H is supposed to be the mastermind of all this? That doesn't make any sense.

Legendary624
07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't think anybody really knows for sure. The cryptic "We are here for a bigger purpose" messages that Barrett keeps relaying to the audience can be interpreted in so many different ways. Knowing the WWE, Team Raw will absolutely squash the Nexus and there will be no surprises before, during or after the match. But to be honest, who saw the Nexus angle coming in the first place? I guess I'll keep an open mind until Summerfest rolls around.

Evil Vito
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM

I keep seeing people say somebody is "behind" Nexus and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Like Triple H is supposed to be the mastermind of all this? That doesn't make any sense.

<font color=goldenrod>I don't want there to be a mastermind, but it wouldn't shock me if there is.

I guess the idea here would be that Triple H convinced the rookies that NXT was meant to humiliate them, and he assured them jobs if they formed the Nexus and went crazy or whatever. Dunno how you'd iron out the details, but if the boss' son-in-law promises you a job, I guess you'd listen.

If Triple H is gonna get involved, then I suppose it could make more sense why Nexus granted a truce to Sheamus. They'd probably break the truce in some odd double turn for HHH.</font>

Supreme Olajuwon
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
But they were hinting at forming the Nexus during the first season of NXT. And we know who gave them their jobs. It was the new GM. So unless they're going to reveal Triple H as the mastermind AND the GM (which would be ridiculous), I don't see how any mastermind angle would work.

Xero
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Didn't know raw was being taped, whys that?

They're doing an Australian tour next week.

Schlomey
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM

Well according to Dixie Carter not everything really has to make sense. :rofl:

Personally I agree that there is no need to have a big swerve or a mastermind.

Ermaximus
07-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Raw gets Titus O'Neill and Eli Cottonwood. :o

Schlomey
07-28-2010, 05:22 PM
RAW would be lucky to get Eli.

BizarroKing
07-28-2010, 05:40 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Daniel Bryan is already booked in the indies until the end of September, and even if he had some opt-out clause the sad reality is the casual fans wouldn't give two shits if he was revealed as a mystery participant.</font>

I don't buy that.

bigslimjj
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
bret is still the GM,and the Leader of nexus...imho

Tazz Dan
07-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Raw's coming to Australia and I can't get to the show. :'(

rated rjo
07-28-2010, 10:05 PM
bret is still the GM,and the Leader of nexus...imho

This.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-29-2010, 12:21 AM
so wouldn't that mean Vince is in on it and that he and Bret are pals and Nexus just beat him up for no reason

Vastardikai
07-29-2010, 03:43 AM
no, it means that Rick Steiner got beat up by Rick Steiner.

Evil Vito
07-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't buy that.

<font color=goldenrod>Look, I love the guy and would mark out if he were to make a surprise return, but I just don't see the casual fan caring. Yes, he was starting to get somewhat over and got solid reactions from his interactions with Cole and when he beat The Miz on Raw...but that was over 2 months ago. The storyline's gone on just fine without him and the non-smarks have probably forgotten about him.</font>

bigslimjj
07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
so wouldn't that mean Vince is in on it and that he and Bret are pals and Nexus just beat him up for no reason
Na..bret hates vince,and wants to take over raw.At least that's how I'd book it.This is very similar to the wcw/ecw invasion to me.Even the time of year.wwe doesn't mind recycling things either.They could even bring HHH back to feud with them throwing in the whole "Vince and DX screwed bret" angle on top.

thedamndest
07-29-2010, 02:07 PM
HHH's first feud back will be with Sheamus. They aren't likely to drop that in place of this, especially when Bret already made his peace with HBK and HHH had nothing to do with the screw job (from a kayfabe perspective).

Also if Bret is a heel GM it means he's eventually going to have to step in the ring to wrestle and put over a face star. Given his health I can't see that happening. There's no way he could sell anything enough to make it seem believable that the face was actually giving him his comeuppance.

bigslimjj
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
HHH's first feud back will be with Sheamus. They aren't likely to drop that in place of this, especially when Bret already made his peace with HBK and HHH had nothing to do with the screw job (from a kayfabe perspective).

Also if Bret is a heel GM it means he's eventually going to have to step in the ring to wrestle and put over a face star. Given his health I can't see that happening. There's no way he could sell anything enough to make it seem believable that the face was actually giving him his comeuppance.

I think they can sidestep bret wrestling with 7 dudes on his side to fight for him.they dont have to use the bret screwed bret thing,but they could tap into it a little and have trips fighting for his "family buisness" or whatnot.or they may sub in orton,or edge,or a number of other top guys to lead it.Maybe even the Miz since apparently its his time.Im thinking The hhh sheamus feud will be a one time "Big Nose's revenge" match this go round after orton wins the belt off the irishman.But what do i know? I'm a newb.

El Fangel
07-29-2010, 08:17 PM
INterest ion SummerSlam went from watchable to non-existent. :(

Supreme Olajuwon
07-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Na..bret hates vince,and wants to take over raw.At least that's how I'd book it.This is very similar to the wcw/ecw invasion to me.Even the time of year.wwe doesn't mind recycling things either.They could even bring HHH back to feud with them throwing in the whole "Vince and DX screwed bret" angle on top.

Vince was shown talking on the phone with the new GM. That can't work.

bigslimjj
07-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Vince was shown talking on the phone with the new GM. That can't work.
then i give up guessing. I'll find out on the ppv while I'm hammered on cold coors light.