PDA

View Full Version : X - Men: First Class

Jon Kano
07-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it should have its own thread, already expressed how much of a fucking clusterfuck that Marvel thread can become with different topics being discussed at different times...

I have several thoughts and issues to address with this film, although at this point in time, my major issues are with the casting...

The cast includes James McAvoy as the young Professor X, Michael Fassbender as Erik Lensherr, who becomes Magneto,[38] Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw,Alice Eve as Emma Frost, Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy, also known as Beast, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee, Lucas Till as Havok, and Edi Gathegi as Darwin. Broadway actor Benjamin Walker was previously cast as Beast, however he was dropped from the role. Fox is pursuing Rosamund Pike for Moira MacTaggert. Josh Hutcherson has been rumored to be a contender for the role of Cyclops. It was rumored that Aaron Johnson was in talks to play Cyclops, however Johnson's representatives have denied his involvement. Kevin Pennington is being considered for Multiple Man.[49] Surfer Erica Hosseini has auditioned for the part of Willow. Also linked to the film are Jack Huston, Eddie Redmayne, Frank Dillane, Jason Behr, Andrew Francis, Boyd Holbrook, Patrick J. Adams, Jonas Armstrong, Jamie Dornan, Tom Parker, and Meagan Good.

No idea if that is legit, but whatever, my main gripe straight off the mark is this fucking prick as beast...

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/bafta_arrivals_17_200408/nicholas_hoult_5121557.jpg

Fair enough, casting is casting, and should wait until the film to see how good who is, but the fact is, this little prick off Skins and other UK tv and film....he simply CANNOT FUCKING ACT. I hate him.

Anyway, as the months go by, I look forward to seeing this film develop.

Kalyx triaD
07-28-2010, 11:15 PM
They just got some black guy.

Jon Kano
07-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah I saw that, someone from Twilight.

I really hope they are not all going to try and emulate the kind of audience attraction and fanbase as Twilight for all these new superhero films by making them 'pussy-ass'. From what I have read, Spider-man is going to be Twilightesque, and yeah, fuck it until we see some trailers or whatever, but still, it's a daunting thought.

Kalyx triaD
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
I wonder... for those who seen the Twilight films are there any redeeming qualities about them? Surely some of the hype is warranted? If it's influencing future productions then I'd like to know.

Jon Kano
07-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking it's the fanbase and everything that comes with it; merchandise, soundtrack etc. I have seen Twilight and New Moon, not out of much choice, and I was thinking about fashioning my soda straw into some kind of wrist cutting tool. Guess we'll see though.