PDA

View Full Version : Rank The Actor #2 - Steve Carell

Schlomey
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
STEVE CARELL

http://tv.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/steve-carell-wired.jpg

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Starred as Michael Scott for 7 seasons on The Office.
2. Won best actor Golden Globe and received 34 other nominations.
3. Starred in the wildly successful film The 40 Year Old Virgin
4. Voice of Hammy in successful animated film Over the Hedge
5. Played retarded weatherman Brick Tamlin in Anchorman
6. One of the most recognizable faces of comedy this generation.

CAREER FLOPS:

1. Played Uncle Arthur in the bomb Bewitched.
2. Dan In Real Life did not score at the box office.
3. Evan Almighty, while a box office success, did not get favorable reviews.

Steve is best known for his work on television but given the proper comedic troop he can produce large numbers on the big screen and is on his way to being a leading man mainstay.

Mizsoris
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Another one I gotta start with a 7. Granted I loved him as Michael Scott in The Office, I haven't watched many movies with him in it (aside from The 40 Year Old Virgin) and while funny, I'm not completely sold. Yet.

Miotch
08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I give him an 8. He was even fairly entertaining in Date Night, and his work on the Daily Show was immense. Yes, he's had some awful movies, but Brick Timlin is one of the funniest characters of the last decade.

thedamndest
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I give him credit for Michael Scott. He took a show that could have been another failed American remake and turned it into something that no one could have predicted.

I won't say he's as one dimensional as a Will Ferrell, but he's taking a lot of similar projects. He was good in Little Miss Sunshine but I would bet he'll be doing more Date Night-style comedies while the money is there. 6.

Ultra Mantis
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
He's put on some great comedic performances (Anchorman, The Office, etc) but he's doing too many similar things right now. I'll give him a 7 but he could easily bump it up by landing the right part in the right film.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Who the hell gave him a 1? If you don't have the balls to type out a response justifying your opinion then don't vote.

The Jayman
08-05-2010, 09:14 AM
I should put Brick back as my avatar.

DAMN iNATOR
08-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Gave him an 8. Tremendous guy on the Daily Show, and a ton of hilarious movies under his belt, including his latest, Dinner For Schmucks.

Skippord
08-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I liked Dan In Real Life :'(

anyway loved him on the daily show and in the 40 year old virgin. think he can be much funnier than a few of his movies may suggest. plus he seems like a wonderful man

Schlomey
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Thats ok I liked Dan In Real Life too.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Dan in Real Life made more than double it's estimated budget. So, to claim that it was a box office failure is not fair or accurate.

Schlomey
08-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Well I got the facts off a dodgy website I apologize & will check my facts in the future.

Domino
08-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I'll give him an 8. If it wasn't for Evan Almighty it would've been a bit higher, but I guess that movie was gonna fail no matter who was in it. He's priceless in The Office, and The 40 Year Old Virgin is one of my favorites, almost as much as Anchorman. Good stuff.

Schlomey
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
I just watched Dinner With Schmucks (rated it a 3 in the movie thread)...It was miserable and Carell was horrid and annoying. He almost always is a tad overwhelming and annoying but this was a non stop miserable ride showing his worst side.