PDA

View Full Version : who else should sign with WWE?

Providence Peep
08-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Christopher Daniels
For those of you who might not be that familiar with him, he's best known for working for TNA and currently works regularly for ROH (one of its founding fathers) and several indy promotions. This guy can out wrestle plenty of other wrestlers in North America, has brilliant mic skills and, though some people think he's bland, I think he's incredibly underrated. He's wrestled 3 different styles playing three completely different characters over the last 18 months (diversity!) and carried the X title for 6 months in TNA.

Jay and Mark Briscoe
They're best known for their work in ROH, and have been a focal point of the company throughout its history. They were the ROH World Tag Team Champions a record six times, and during their fourth reign became the longest-reigning tag champs in ROH history. So yeah, these guys are good in ROH, having had notable feuds with AJ Syles/Amazing Red, CM Punk/Colt Cabana, etc., and I hope that in time they make their way up to WWE. I think there could definitely be a place for them there.

With ROH Champion Tyler Black having signed with WWE, I'm wondering: Who else would you guys like to see in the company?

Jordan
08-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Obviously Hero and Castaganoli could have great runs in WWE.

Providence Peep
08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Obviously Hero and Castaganoli could have great runs in WWE.

Wasn't the WWE interested in Castagnoli a few years ago? I seem to remember hearing something about him leaving ROH to go there, but then it never happened...

GD
08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Christopher Daniels, Chris Hero and Teddy Hart (one more time :shifty: )

The Pope
08-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Providence Peep

Providence Peep
08-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Teddy Hart (one more time :shifty: )

As I wrote in another thread......... Sort of a shame that a guy who has talent, both in the ring and on the stick, has also had such a temper and attitude problem and has burned so many bridges. He’ll probably never get any further in the business than he has, and to me that’s unfortunate because he’s really been his own worst enemy.

mike adamle
08-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Did you honestly just copy a post you made about Teddy Hart in a different thread?

mike adamle
08-08-2010, 04:35 PM
And now you delete what you put first.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Chris Hero and Claudio Castingnolli.
Jimmy Jacobs (even if just as a manager).
Kenny King

Seriously. Jacobs would be a great mid-carder/manager, and the other three could easily be high end mid card/main eventers.

BizarroKing
08-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Would love to see Daniels in WWE but his age could be a bit of a issue. Maybe bring in Kevin Steen?

nrt4
08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
It's be cool if they got Larry Sweeney to be someone's manager.

Attitude99
08-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Sting

Providence Peep
08-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Jimmy Jacobs (even if just as a manager).

Although the Age of the Fall/Project 161 was controversial, no wrestling fan who saw it can honestly say it wasn't intriguing. I could definitely see Jimmy Jacobs somehow fitting in to the WWE, even if some modifications would need to be made to his character:lol:

Droford
08-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Sting

Of all the people in TNA..you pick Sting.

Destro 2.0
08-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I would like to see the Young Bucks except Creative Despises wrestling and the would split them in a month. Maybe they could be the one thing WWE needs to make the Tag Team scene better.

Do they still work there in TNA?

Ultra Mantis
08-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Chuck Taylor. Or maybe Destor.

Would love to see Jimmy Jacobs in WWE in any capacity, Kings of Wrestling should have been signed ages ago. Also I would be thrilled if MCMG ever made the jump from TNA.

Oh, Bryan Danielson is pretty good too.

Destro 2.0
08-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Nigel McGuiness and make William Regal his manager. Stick them together for while not make them split in a move of Confusion.

Waylander
08-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Colt Caban..... Wait, no scratch that.

I add another vote for Hero and Claudio. Also getting my vote are:
Delirious
Kong
Kenny King
Rhett Titus
Omega
Austin Aries
Roderick Strong

Corporate CockSnogger
08-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Indifferent Clox

Destro 2.0
08-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Grizzly Redwood and I want to see the Necro Butcher in a PG setting.

Jimmy King
08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
dan the breadman sandwich

Skippord
08-08-2010, 06:44 PM
definitely Shockwave the Robot

Beth Phoenix Fan
08-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Booker T should re-sign and if possible bring back scott hall as GM.

Providence Peep
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM
and if possible bring back scott hall as GM.

:lol:You're kidding, right?

rated rjo
08-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Are we strictly talking ROH or what?

Snowden
08-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Desmond Wolfe. Haven't been exposed to his ROH work (don't follow ROH), but I've loved what I've seen of him in TNA.

Also, I know this won't be the most popular of choices, but I'd love to see Mr. Kennedy get another run in the WWE...I'm a mark for his mic work.

BollywoodSingh
08-09-2010, 01:21 AM
If we're assuming that WWE can steal anyone from TNA, then one guy they should sign is Matt Morgan. Since leaving WWE 4-5 years ago, he has become everything WWE looks for in a wrestler. He has the look, he can talk, and he's pretty decent in the ring.

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2010, 05:00 AM
I would stand behind giving Colt Cabana another chance. No one remembers Scotty Goldman. The guy is hilarious, and he can work. That would be enough for a good mid-card career. His history with CM Punk could lead to a flirtation with the main event, too.

The Kings of Wrestling in the WWE would be amazing, too -- even though their ring names would be changed, and I love their ring names.

Kenny King is like a Shelton Benjamin with mic skills. That would get so many people in the WWE hard. The only other indy darling that I'd really like to suggest is El Generico. He's a lot smaller than the guy the WWE usually likes to push -- but he's got so much personality. I could see him becoming quite the fan favourite, and moving quite a bit in merchandising.

Impeccable
08-09-2010, 05:19 AM
scott hall as GM.

A drunken/drugged/fat Scott Hall as GM could be hilarious (especially given his TNA video diariy things recently).

RiX1024
08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Jimmy Jacobs (Age of the Fall type stable vs SES)
Christopher Daniels
Briscoe Brothers
Chris Hero and Claudio
Necro Butcher (imagine him doing PG)
Delirious (but WWE would change the guy and cut slow promos)

can't think of more.

The Mackem
08-09-2010, 07:12 AM
I don't think it matters. Pretty much everybody who is anybody has had at least a trial, plenty more have fell at development or trying to get a decent gimmick/push.

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Christopher Daniels is a maybe with me. I think the guy is an amazing performer, admittedly with more charisma than mic skills, but given his experience he'd be a solid hand to help out, even if his age is a detrimental factor.

But if he were to come into the WWE, what I wouldn't give to see him playing a version of his "Fallen Angel" character meshed with Sean O'Haire's devil's advocate opposite CM Punk. A guy talking about vices and sin, and just playing counterpoint to Punk's "holier than thou" persona. It'd be almost backwards booking, giving that Punk's message is probably the good one, but professional wrestling is, itself, backwards messages. It'd be Attitude era stuff, with the good guy being the more risque and morally ambiguous, and the bad guy being the conservative one.

Which is exactly why it won't happen...

Gertner
08-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Colt Caban..... Wait, no scratch that.

I add another vote for Hero and Claudio. Also getting my vote are:
Delirious
Kong
Kenny King
Rhett Titus
Omega
Austin Aries
Roderick Strong

Wow, vanilla overdose!

Providence Peep
08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Desmond Wolfe. Haven't been exposed to his ROH work (don't follow ROH), but I've loved what I've seen of him in TNA.

He's a hell of a wrestler and he can talk..... he's probably one of the best that the business has to offer right now.

Swiss Ultimate
08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Shiima Xion as a Jericho lackey.

Ultra Mantis
08-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Didn't McGuinness / Wolfe fail his WWE medical? I thought that was the reason they gave for going to TNA instead of coming in alongside Danielson.

Brigstocke
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Still don't understand why they didn't pick McGuiness up before he went to TNA, Would love to see AJ, Jay Lethal and Austin Aries too.

EDIT - Post above explains that for me.

Sixx
08-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Jake Roberts as GM. Maybe he'd pull off stroking the snake and falling asleep on the floor again.

Lock Jaw
08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Smoh Joe to appear and eat Hornswoggle.

Lavel
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
dan the breadman sandwich

Destro 2.0
08-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Mad Man Pondo

The Pope
08-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Panda Express

Providence Peep
08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok, well obviously some of you have very limited knowledge of pro wrestling outside of the WWE. That's unfortunate.

nrt4
08-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Re-sign Danielson
Christopher Daniels
Jay and Mark Briscoe
Chris Hero
Claudio Castagnoli
And bring in Larry Sweeney to be a manager