PDA

View Full Version : HardCore Justice... good? (and not just TNA good)

Rollermacka
08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I was reading some online reviews and some of the other posts and it seems that overall HardCore Justice as a solid PPV, not just comparing it to a regular TNA PPV. It seemed like the FBI and CW Anderson matches stole the show just like Awsome and Masato did at ONS 05. Plus, I heard that Tracy Smothers looked great in the ring (and suprisingly Big Sal wasnt dying just by walking out). How would you compare TNA's HardCore Justice to WWE's ONS 05 and rate it on a wrestling PPV level?

Rammsteinmad
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I haven't seen Hardcore Justice, but my guess is most internet fans will say ONS was miles better before they've even seen it anyway.

Xero
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Who the fuck said the FBI match stole the show? I need to know in order to never read their opinions.

Jimmy King
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
lol the fbi match would of been better without the dance off but imo which apparently i got attacked on tpww for the night of was that it was a solid enjoyable ppv

Xero
08-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I've given my opinion before, but in short, I went into it expecting a fun show and I got it. I enjoyed the Dudleys match, RVD/Sabu and Raven/Dreamer (though I did have a problem with the way it was booked going into it and the way it came across story-wise). I missed CW/Scorpio but I have no doubt it was a solid match. And there were some nice nods to the ECW of old, and I think they got a bit more inside than they did with the original One Night Stand in terms of references. Overall, standing on its own, it was a fun show but average at best. I would have loved to be at the show but it wasn't worth buying on PPV.

Looking at it with a critical eye, I will say that I feel this doesn't help TNA at all. It drew in a few fans who never watched TNA, I'm sure, but they didn't get ANY current talent over. Those current talents have been pushed off a prime PPV spot which would have served them and TNA miles better than this did. It also didn't help that they put this together on a whim with no real thought or push behind it.

Is it better than the original One Night Stand? Fuck no. I wouldn't even put it above the second. Even taking the fact that TNA couldn't use a lot of gimmick names nor footage from ECW out of the equation, it was five years later, they didn't have a lot of the major talent that the original One Night Stand had, they weren't in an ECW arena, and it came off as trying to be something it could never be.

Aside from the WWE roster's involvement in the original One Night Stand, it was perfect. They had matches with real, recent story behind them and it was original for its time. I can't name one thing that TNA did that WWE didn't do better aside from the lack of main roster involvement, which is minor and was a large part in pushing the original One Night Stand in the first place.

Rollermacka
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Who the fuck said the FBI match stole the show? I need to know in order to never read their opinions.

Well, I think the FBI match "stole the show" in some people's minds because it had such a low expectations. I read on some other sites that Tracy Smothers looked great in the ring, the dance off was "humorous", and that Sal E Grazaino could still move when he got involved (not that he was ever a Vader-level bigman). Also, I read Kid Kash had some good high flying spots.

Xero
08-10-2010, 04:13 PM
It was a good match but "stole the show" it did not.

I'd actually say RVD/Sabu stole the show, at least for me. Sabu was in rare form. Was probably the best Sabu match I have seen. It took me by surprise.

Jordan
08-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Hardcore Justice was a great PPV and worth seeing for any true ECW fan. It had an ECW spirit set in 2010 WCW aka TNA.

So aside from certain production aspects the show was very true to form.

Sabu/RVD was the show stealer for sure and comparable but much better than Tanaka/Awesome at One Night Stand.

Raven/Dreamer was great because Dreamer was in top notch condition. Raven on the other hand looks like a younger Axl Rotten now and his promo skill have hit the dirt. He sounds whiny, trashy, and just plain stupid these days. And trying to bite into the former ECW storylines, making it ultra personal was a good idea but Raven executed poorly.

Dreamer looked great however, I felt like I was in 1999.

Scorpio/Anderson was a really great match that took me by surprise.

The 6-man was really good for an opener and felt like ECW.

The skits with BWO were awful, but Richards, Snow, and Rhino pulled out a good match.

Good show

Jordan
08-10-2010, 04:15 PM
It was a good match but "stole the show" it did not.

I'd actually say RVD/Sabu stole the show, at least for me. Sabu was in rare form. Was probably the best Sabu match I have seen. It took me by surprise.

I agree, he didn't botch anything! Fucking amazing.

Jordan
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Well, I think the FBI match "stole the show" in some people's minds because it had such a low expectations. I read on some other sites that Tracy Smothers looked great in the ring, the dance off was "humorous", and that Sal E Grazaino could still move when he got involved (not that he was ever a Vader-level bigman). Also, I read Kid Kash had some good high flying spots.

Stop reading about it and find a stream and then make your own judgement.

Attitude99
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Sabu was Amazing, as was RVD of course, I Liked The PPV better than most WWE PPV's which are just so boring nowaydays.

Gertner
08-10-2010, 05:36 PM
One thing that shocked me was how friggen good 2 cold Scorpio looked in the ring.
It was good, not ONS 1 good, but very good. One Night Stand didn't have a below 3 star match on the card.

Emperor Smeat
08-10-2010, 11:46 PM
The second half of the PPV was much better than the first half.

Probably would have a bit better visually had they lost the whole dim blue lights and pay for some of the non-WWE licensed music than the whole midi style for intro music.

Wrestling-wise it ranged from decent to good and at least not a train-wreck like some TNA PPVs or WWE December to Remember PPV.

Schlomey
08-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I need to watch this One Night Stand. I think I missed it.

bigslimjj
08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
i was very impressed with the event,and from the spoilers I've read we're not done with these extremists yet.

Schlomey
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
way to spoil impact for me there.

Jordan
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
way to spoil impact for me there.

:|

BizarroKing
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Didn't get to see it, but I heard Spoony's review of the event.

FourFifty
08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
The real question that TNA fans should be asking is was the ppv good for the company?

While it may have did a one night draw abd they could have put on a HELL of a show, look at the wrestlers who are paid only when they're in the ring. Look at the TNA wrestlers who lost a pay check and the spot light to a group of has beens that hinge on nostalgia.

I've been a pretty harsh critic of TNA in the past, and I've loved ECW. So in theory I should have been geeking out for this entire event. It put TNA on the back burner, and it let some fond memories back in the ring. However I cannot shake the feeling that this PPV was a bad idea. ONS was good, Hardcore Homecoming was good, and this is still proof that TNA cannot pull a single idea out of their asses.

The Pope
08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
They did it for The Rock.

Mr. JL
08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I found the show entertaining. Better than most current WWE pay per views. The card as a whole was definitely not anywhere near the level of the original ECW pay per views, but certainly every match-up had it's moments.

The Rob Van Dam versus Sabu match was great.

I was not a huge fan of the Raven versus Tommy Dreamer match, but I never was too interested in the fued during it's hay-day.

Too Cold Scorpio looked phenomenal in the ring.