PDA

View Full Version : this is engand "86"

Punk Princess
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
is being advertised on channel 4

the film made me cry but was brilliant

actually cant wait for the series ... music in the advert takes me back

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBBFBf9Kraw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBBFBf9Kraw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Rob Ban Fan
08-17-2010, 06:24 PM
<font color="#ff6600">I liked the film but that looks shit.

The film was fine, there's no need for a series.</font>

Punk Princess
08-17-2010, 07:14 PM
i think it looks good theres loads of "taster" adverts

but i dont think it will be as hard hitting as the film more like a 1986 version of skins by the look of it

Jon Kano
08-18-2010, 06:16 AM
I hope and think its going to be more adult than fucking skins, jesus.

I like this idea - not just another fucking sitcom/series about something general or whatever. Being set in the 80s is different and I'm interested to see what its going to be like.

Confused
08-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Really enjoyed the film when I finally saw it last year.

The Wikipedia page says that Shane Meadows has written the series along with Jack Thorne, who has written for Skins! :) So, I'm a bit hopeful it will be somewhat decent.

What did you all think of Meadow's Dead Man's Shoes?

Punk Princess
08-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I hope and think its going to be more adult than fucking skins, jesus.

I like this idea - not just another fucking sitcom/series about something general or whatever. Being set in the 80s is different and I'm interested to see what its going to be like.

i think it will its got older characters but as the dude above says its co wrote by one of the creators so who knows
:-\

im looking forward to seeing loads of old stuff i remember from when i was little n old songs my dad used to play

Mooияakeя™
08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
OMG. This and The Inbetweeners this September. Fucking :heart: C4 right now.

The Ravishing One
08-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Im looking forward to this. I really liked the film.

Swiss Ultimate
08-28-2010, 09:25 PM
I have the film on my Instant Que on Netflix. Will watch this week.

Punk Princess
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I have the film on my Instant Que on Netflix. Will watch this week.

it worth watchin :y:

MoFo
09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Its a bit shit, IMO. But I am comparing it to the film and not giving it a fair chance, I suppose.

ct2k
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
It's the first in a four part mini series ffs. Watch all 4 episodes first.

Mooияakeя™
09-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Jesus, I can't help but want to fuck Lol. There is a Polish girl at our work who she looks like but the Polish girl at my work is fucking fiiiiiit. Lol looks manly at times. I'd still bash her though. Tomorrow will be telling said Polish girl that she looks like her. Just talking to her is fucking awesome. Pissing love her I do.

Punk Princess
09-07-2010, 07:05 PM
It's the first in a four part mini series ffs. Watch all 4 episodes first.

i agree with you totally

i thought the first one was funny and a good warm up - as with skins makers they get more dark as the episodes go on

i think lol's dad is either a pedo or wife beater - he seems PROPER fucked up

( thinkin that how he was watchin the kids out the window for the preview of next weeks )

lol is pretty but omg id totally turn fully lesbo for her sister

i think shes gorgeous

Ultra Mantis
09-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Some guy I know is apparently in this. Not watched it though, might check it out if its on 4OD. Not even seen the film so I have no idea what it's even about, the advert gives off a shameless vibe.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-08-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm just waiting for Combo to come back.

ct2k
09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Christ almighty

ct2k
09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
i agree with you totally

i thought the first one was funny and a good warm up - as with skins makers they get more dark as the episodes go on

i think lol's dad is either a pedo or wife beater - he seems PROPER fucked up

( thinkin that how he was watchin the kids out the window for the preview of next weeks )

lol is pretty but omg id totally turn fully lesbo for her sister

i think shes gorgeous

Yeah Kelly is fit

Rob Ban Fan
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
<font color="#ff6600">Alright, all four episodes have been shown.

Was I the only one who was disappointed?

Seemed to have very little to do with the film other than the same characters returning. Didn't explore any of the same themes and was a lot less gritty and real than the film was.</font>

El Capitano Gatisto
10-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought it was completely pointless to be honest. Very soap opera-ish, but exceptionally well shot and acted. The rape scenes were stunning (Eddie Marsan is brilliant) but I still don't really get why they made the series. I watched them all but largely wondered why I'd bothered, I was waiting for some sort of pay-off but it ended up being a massively contrived conclusion.

Jon Kano
10-13-2010, 10:18 PM
It was a huge fucking let down, I said this from the first episode. I was so sucked in by the trailers.