PDA

View Full Version : in the 2nd round, the NE Pats select...

VonErich Lives
04-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Corey Dillon!

Pats delt a 2nd round pick for him.

Pats still have 1 2nd and a first.

My bet...

They deal up, and get either Jackson or the CB from V-Tech.

They deal Law.

Thats my bet... but who knows...

Great deal for the Pats.

MoRcHeEbA
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
yeah, when Dillon is focused he's awesome.

MoRcHeEbA
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
not to mention new england ended up with a whack of picks this year lol

The Icon of Elisim
04-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Pretty sweet move. I didn't want to see them risk it on Clarett and Dallas doesn't get Dillon so thats extra sweet

AlphaBean
04-19-2004, 06:00 PM
:rant:

I :heart: Corey Dillon... but I hate the Pats... :'(

MoRcHeEbA
04-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Pretty sweet move. I didn't want to see them risk it on Clarett and Dallas doesn't get Dillon so thats extra sweet

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=80803

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I was thinking the Bengals would get stuck with a late 3rd or a 4th rounder for him but this is sweet

See you later you overrated piece of shit

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Bengals have an assload of good picks this year

9 of the first 117

Yashamaga
04-19-2004, 06:54 PM
ssssssss :cool:

(my first post in months) ayeaaaaaa ;)

VonErich Lives
04-19-2004, 07:24 PM
supreme the jealous bengals fan.....

Great trade for the pats, still have good picks, plus all dillon costs us is 3mil/yr for 2years. if it doesn't work out he can be cut and there's no cap penalty cause cincy already paid his signing bonus off.

He performed on horrible bengals teams. He finally got tired of the cincy crap (no spending, always lose) he just happened to finally have enough when Cincy got a good coach.

Time will tell, but I think he'll be great, the Pats have a good line, good D, and a good (not great) passing game.

He's solid pass catcher which is what the Pats need and he's a great blocker/blitz pickerup.

Needless to say, I have a major hardon right now...

This also opens up a ton for the draft.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2004, 09:10 PM
umm VEL, he got fed up because someone was stealing his spotlight. How could I possibly be upset at the fact that the Bengals got rid of a team cancer and opened the doors for one of the most level headed guys on the planet in Rudi Johnson?

They got rid of a cancer last year in Takeo Spikes and that didnt seem to hurt too much. How'd them Bills do last year anyways?

AlphaBean
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
umm VEL, he got fed up because someone was stealing his spotlight. How could I possibly be upset at the fact that the Bengals got rid of a team cancer and opened the doors for one of the most level headed guys on the planet in Rudi Johnson?

They got rid of a cancer last year in Takeo Spikes and that didnt seem to hurt too much. How'd them Bills do last year anyways?

Dillon has wanted out of Cinci for years. He wanted to leave when his contract was up, but re-signed because he couldn't ignore the dollar signs. Yeah he whined too much, and I think he was just past the point of no return, it's like when you convince yourself you hate something, no matter how much it improves, you'll never like it, on principle alone...

VonErich Lives
04-19-2004, 11:10 PM

Dillon has wanted out of Cinci for years. He wanted to leave when his contract was up, but re-signed because he couldn't ignore the dollar signs. Yeah he whined too much, and I think he was just past the point of no return, it's like when you convince yourself you hate something, no matter how much it improves, you'll never like it, on principle alone...

As for Dillon, he put up pro bowl numbers on shit teams, but hey, that's fine... we'll take'em, no problem.

As for Spikes, one of the best MLB's in the league... Buffalo had a pretty good defense, and they play in the toughest div in the league... that being said, you can't blame Spikes for the offense... but I do like watching the Bills lose.

I think Cincy's in a great position, don't get me wrong. some good young players and a lot of picks, it's just using those picks right.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2004, 11:36 PM
this is really the first time Ive been confident that the Bengals will have a solid draft

last year was great with only 4 picks in the first 4 rounds and this year its going to be even better

AlphaBean
04-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Well you can't get much worse than Ki-jana Carter, Akili Smith and Levi Jones, I guess...

Not that Jones is a bust, it's just that there were much better players (i.e. Freeney, Haynesworth, Stallworth, Shockey, Ed Reed, Portis, DeShaun Foster) available... I know they were set at HB but that's it. :yes:

Supreme Olajuwon
04-19-2004, 11:52 PM
yeah lemme know how Bryant McKinnie works out for you

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-20-2004, 01:48 AM
EXCELLENT

I think the Pats should try to get rid of Ty Law...I think he will just be a team cancer and he doesnt really fit the "model" of a Pats player anymore...its too bad but hey shit happens

And Ill take Corey Dillion in the 2nd round anyday

VonErich Lives
04-20-2004, 04:39 AM

For who?

The Outlaw
04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
HEIL RUDI!!!

Great deal for the Bengals I say

AlphaBean
04-20-2004, 06:31 PM

One of the best pass-blocking LT in the game. :y:

And I mean, he may not be the best at run protection, but then the Vikings have been the #1 rushing offense two years straight, so he's "good enough."

:D

Personally, I'd have preferred Roy Williams... but we needed McKinnie too.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-20-2004, 08:43 PM
For who?
Well, AlphaBean is a Vikings fan and Bryant McKinnie plays for the Vikings

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-21-2004, 01:07 AM
I thought McKinnie was good?.....

Supreme Olajuwon
04-21-2004, 01:19 AM
he is, but is he better than Freeney, Haynesworth, Stallworth, Shockey, Ed Reed, Portis, DeShaun Foster?

just saying is all

Supreme Olajuwon
04-21-2004, 01:22 AM
If you're gonna say Levi was a wasted pick then dont tell me the Vikings couldnt have used Ed Reed in their secondary

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-21-2004, 01:32 AM
Nah but atleast he isnt a complete bust or anything

But I get what you are saying

Didn't he not let up a sack his entire college career or something crazy like that

Kris P Lettus
04-21-2004, 01:46 AM
Why not put this in the Draft thread??

AlphaBean
04-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Nah but atleast he isnt a complete bust or anything

But I get what you are saying

Didn't he not let up a sack his entire college career or something crazy like that

Word. See, Vikings were at a point where they could have picked anyone they wanted from any position, you understand, they had the choice of the best at several positions, as one of the 2 elite tackles went... um, 2 QBs, and I think quentin jammer... and some other players, but basically, all the elite blue-chippers were still available...

By the time the Bengals picked, they didn't have the opportunity to pick up a blue chip prospect, so they should have looked for "best available," since there were many players better than Jones at the time.

Now, the Vikings having #7 and picking Kevin Williams was a stretch, since he was what, the 4th DT taken last year? But then I won't doubt that ONE BIT since he turned out to be the BEST DT of last year's draft.

However, what if the best HB was a 3rd-round talent, but was your #1 need. Would you get him in the first round?

That's all I'm saying about Jones. At least trade down and get an extra pick if you're going to get someone nobody else would have drafted...

Supreme Olajuwon
04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Well it really doesnt even matter because that was a Mike Brown pick. Now its Marvin's draft and Marvin is the man

AlphaBean
04-21-2004, 04:47 PM
We'll see how Carson Palmer pans out...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-21-2004, 05:02 PM
I think Palmer will be good...Leftwich will end up being better tho IMO

Atleast for next year...Leftwich got a lot of experiance last year

Supreme Olajuwon
04-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Palmer will have 5 weapons to use next year plus a fullback with hands. I am quite excited. I feel like a little girl

Leftwich will be good too but I dont think the Jags are going to go anywhere as long as they play the Colts and Titans twice a year

VonErich Lives
04-22-2004, 10:08 AM
interesting new rumor... Pats deal there 2nd and 2nd of the 1st for the 21st (I think miami). and then deal 20 and 21 for #5 and take Sean Taylor or DeAngelo Hall.

which means they either deal Law. or play Law/Hall (Poole goes to nickle, Otis probably gets cut)

Or play Law/Samuel and have Taylor at saftey.

Pardon me while I blow a load on either move.

Honestly, I think they keep the pics and use all 3. Probably look DB, OL and LB. Would love to see a move for a big WR, but thats not there style.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-22-2004, 04:33 PM
If they got Hall their kick return team would be ridiculous.......Hall and Johnson :eek:

VonErich Lives
04-22-2004, 07:47 PM
If they got Hall their kick return team would be ridiculous.......Hall and Johnson :eek:

If Hall's the starting CB, I wouldn't count on them letting him return kicks...

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Well it really doesnt even matter because that was a Mike Brown pick. Now its Marvin's draft and Marvin is the man

Head scratchers: Armed with eight picks in the top 123 selections, the Cincinnati Bengals went boldly into the lottery and then, well, didn't act very boldly at all. They don't particularly like us in Cincy, largely because they never seem to correctly interpret what we write about the franchise. Anyway, kudos to owner Mike Brown, chided in other quarters for believing he could squeeze out a second-round draft pick for malcontent tailback Corey Dillon (something a few folks in his own building didn't think possible), and then doing so. Oh, if the Bengals had used their draft bounty with such daring.

The team's first three draft choices -- tailback Chris Perry (No. 26 overall), cornerback Keiwan Ratliff (No. 49) and safety Madieu Williams (No. 56) -- all seemed to be about a half-round premature. We'll never know, but the bet here is Cincinnati could have gotten Perry at 49th, Ratliff at 56th and, well, you get the picture. One thing the draft did do was permit the franchise to import more Marvin Lewis-type players and the coach deserves credit for being faithful to his draft board. It just seems to us (and from talking to scouts around the league we aren't the only ones) that the Bengals didn't quite get the bang they could have from all those amassed choices.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
k and?

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 05:28 PM
How do you think Marvin did for his first draft?

Supreme Olajuwon
04-26-2004, 06:28 PM
The reasoning he gave for all his picks made me think he knows what hes doing. He picked a lot of guys with a ton of upside and I think he can coach them to their potential

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Madieu Williams in the preseason mock draft was ranked as a first rounder, so I can buy that.

Personally if I was Marvin I'd draft all defense, make the best defensive team EVER, then start trading those people for picks. It will save on cap space.

The Outlaw
04-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah he drafted all defense besides two if I'm not mistaken.

I thought Cinci had one of the better drafts, but whatcha gonna do.

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't see Perry that high, when they had talent under him, and had enough picks to trade up to get someone better... especially with Rudi, ya know.

I think their draft was OKAY, but they're a team that needed a STELLAR draft. Like the Lions. Two years in a row great drafts. If they can't get it done this year I dunno.

But then the Vikings were a great team with a great draft, so if they can't get it done, :'(

Supreme Olajuwon
04-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Rudi has only started 5 games in his NFL career. Obviously he's talented but who knows what kind of wear and tear his body can handle over 16 or more games

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Well shit, you won't know if you can handle the wear and tear until you, you know... try.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-26-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah so I would rather have someone good there to take his place than some scrub from the practice squad

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 11:53 PM
I'd rather have the best player available who will be able to contribute, than to get a good backup for a "safety net." Know what I mean?

Eh I just checked out who came after them. Gamble's the only player I would have thought of getting, and he's a risk, plus they traded down two spots and got Perry + whatever else they got in the trade with St Louis...

But then, I might have gotten Jackson since he was supposed to be the absolute best. Was the trade worth it? Who did they get in the trade?