PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Danielson's return

The Pope
08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
was not as good as it could have been. They could have used him as the real leader of The Nexus in saying that he was pissed that WWE fired him. Which is why The Nexus kept attacking even after they got their contracts. They could have done an angle where it would have been obvious that Team WWE was finally going to win the feud, when all of a sudden Daniel Bryan appears at the entrance ramp...

Kane Knight
08-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Meh. I like what happened. It was a nice surprise return and gave him some good momentum. I don't think Brian being "the Higher Power" would have made it better.

Besides, they kicked him out...

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Meh. I like what happened. It was a nice surprise return and gave him some good momentum. I don't think Brian being "the Higher Power" would have made it better.

Ermaximus
08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Yea, Danielson is being put over huge as a face to go after The Miz, which in turn will only catapult Miz higher. I think they booked it just fine.

BizarroKing
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
It was weak because of the beatdown on monday and jobbing to Tarver.

Kane Knight
08-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Yea, Danielson is being put over huge as a face to go after The Miz, which in turn will only catapult Miz higher. I think they booked it just fine.

Crap, it benefits the Piz?

I take it back. I TAKE IT BACK!

The Pope
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I hate The Miz!

Snowden
08-20-2010, 12:08 PM
It was weak because of the beatdown on monday and jobbing to Tarver.

Dude, no. First of all, Tarver rolled the guy up. Secondly, Danielson had the upper hand until the numbers game caught up to him. Going down to three guys isn't exactly looking weak.

Its a natural storyline progression, the guy isn't God or anything...he can get beaten down.

And I liked the way he came back, they made him look like a star at Summerslam, and have probably set him up to take the US Title at NOC.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 12:10 PM
the guy isn't God or anything.
I do not agree

Xero
08-20-2010, 12:22 PM
They made him a star at SummerSlam, without a doubt. He (or really anyone else) should have been standing at the end along with Cena, but that's beside the point.

Also, I'm with Snowden. Danielson lost by being distracted and was then beat down by two guys. Danielson isn't going to win every time. Not even Cena is going to win every time, as much as we joke about it.

Danielson needs to be built up, and that's going to include losses, whether clean or otherwise. Just be happy he's in WWE in a high profile feud getting air time. It's really more than I expected right off the bat for him (after NXT).

Believe me, Danielson isn't being buried here. NXT you can argue, but two losses, both of which weren't clean and one of which was in the main event of SummerSlam, is actually a good thing.

Gertner
08-20-2010, 12:39 PM
It made him a star even more in the eyes of the IWC. The other 95 percent of fans don't really care.

jskinnyg
08-20-2010, 12:51 PM

THIS!
:yes::yes:

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 01:14 PM

Kane Knight is talking the truth. If he is wrong, I don't want to live in this world.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Sounds like ass-kissing to me.

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Sounds like jealousy to me.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
His debut and matches thus far have been excellent. The dude lost by a rollup on Raw after being distracted, and after a sneak attack at SS. Ring wise, he hasn't even really been touched, besides the punches Tarver threw in the beginning of their match. They've made him look like a real threat. Not only that, it took Riley and Tarver for the Miz to get the upper hand on Monday.

They couldn't book him better than this right now. Chances are, he's in line to take the belt off of the Miz, and with the Miz's inevitable world title run, Danielson is essentially going to be pushed right to potentially upper midcard status. As long as he gets over with the crowd, you can bet that WWE will have him up against some of the WWE's top-ish guys.

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 01:37 PM
It made him a star even more in the eyes of the IWC. The other 95 percent of fans don't really care.

IWC fans are pissed he went back and didn't dedicate his career to Chikara.

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Also sounds like Cole is having Vince wanking off in his ear about putting Danielson over by constantly talking about him. Like rather than chatting about the match, they're putting shit loads of emphasis on Danielson and what he has done in the past, why he is there now, his "minor league" antics, how Cole doesn't like him and then how he "helped RAW" win vs Nexus. etc.

Sometimes it does sound like there is a mole in the IWC feeding shit back to Titan Towers cos although I wanted it, I honestly deep down didn't think he was coming back.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Idiot

Ermaximus
08-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Also sounds like Cole is having Vince wanking off in his ear about putting Danielson over by constantly talking about him. Like rather than chatting about the match, they're putting shit loads of emphasis on Danielson and what he has done in the past, why he is there now, his "minor league" antics, how Cole doesn't like him and then how he "helped RAW" win vs Nexus. etc.

Sometimes it does sound like there is a mole in the IWC feeding shit back to Titan Towers cos although I wanted it, I honestly deep down didn't think he was coming back.

Like he's doing with Kaval? I have no doubt he'll do the same with Tyler Black.

Kane Knight
08-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Sounds like ass-kissing to me.

Or a possible Futurama reference.

I disagree. I think Nexus has some decent legit heat, and the non smark or IWC fans might not care about the behind the scenes drama, but this is still a dude who got "kicked out" in KAYFABE and then joined up with the good guys for revenge. This isn't as epic as surprise run-ins from the Attitude Era and as such won't be as over, but that doesn't mean it's not over.

Within the constraints of the current era, I think this is about as good as it gets. Nexus has been of the highlights of recent wrestling in my estimation, and I don't generally go gaga for the smark darlings and indy "stars." I would have preferred it if Nexus had gone over victorious, even, to continue their dominance for a while and delay the payoff, but this is still satisfying, and I think the non IWC fans are really reacting to it.

The real question is, will they still be reacting to it next week? Next month? In a couple of months? That's harder to say. But Daniel Bryan Danielson's return was a high point, and it showed.

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Like he's doing with Kaval? I have no doubt he'll do the same with Tyler Black.

Gotta be fair with you, I don't even know when NXT is fucking on over here.

Evil Vito
08-21-2010, 12:01 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, I think they've done Danielson's debut just fine. I mean yeah they fucked up by posting it early...but having re-read what that article initially said, I think the reason why is that he was SUPPOSED to return during The Miz's promo (hence the article saying Cena told Miz he was out on the titan tron, and Bryan saying "Awesome"). So evidently whoever was running WWE.com wasn't watching the show.

But they've done fine with him. I'm expecting him to get a decent US Title run, hopefully as a fighting champion. Truthfully, I think the guy is going to be the next Chris Benoit, minus the crazy. Awesome worker, will always put on a good match, consummate professional, passionate and prideful about his work, constant midcard/upper midcard fixture. If he sticks around for a few years he could certainly get a few-month long stint with a World Title. Daniel will do just fine.

Hell, even his THEME sounds Benoit-esque:</font>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VKcBFMQKQE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VKcBFMQKQE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Xero
08-21-2010, 12:02 AM
lol holy shit it does sound like a Benoit theme.

crusnik
08-21-2010, 12:34 AM
They did Danielson's return pretty good I think.Thought it might have been him as the 7th memeber, him or HHH.They did his first couple of matches good as well,not making him look unbeatable cause when they do that to a new guy,he get's stale and unforgettable when someone finally beats so I'm glad they didn't do that.itlooks like he's gonna have a feud with Miz and taking the U.S belt ut i think Miz isn't ready for world champ status yet(prolly be the first to cash it in and NOTbecome a champion) As far as Danielson being like Benoit?To tell you the truth,the jury is still out on that.I haven't seen him anywhere but on nxt n raw so hopefully in about a month i'll comment on that then.

Jordan
08-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Danielson is the new Shawn Michaels for WWE. He doesn't do ridiculous AJ Styles like moves, but everything he does has such an intensity that the fans cannot ignore it's awesomeness. He is accurate and vicious he seems like he is out to mame, especially with his brilliant crossface.

I was thinking about the HBK comparison and wishing he has Vince on the mic to talk him up like the god of wrestling but actually Cole's relationship does the same thing and it fucking rocks.

You cannot deny The Dragon, and he is lucky to have Matt Striker talk about him at any point because he respects the hell out of him.

YoungFlyFlashy
08-21-2010, 01:40 AM
That was him at Summer Slam?

Oh.

TazFTW86
08-21-2010, 12:14 PM
finally hes back..hope they dont bullshit him agian

Aguakate
08-21-2010, 12:20 PM
was not as good as it could have been. They could have used him as the real leader of The Nexus in saying that he was pissed that WWE fired him. Which is why The Nexus kept attacking even after they got their contracts. They could have done an angle where it would have been obvious that Team WWE was finally going to win the feud, when all of a sudden Daniel Bryan appears at the entrance ramp...

Gotta understand that WADE BARRETT is the leader of NeXus...HE'S the one who won NXT Season 1.

Putting ANYONE as leader over Barrett would be detrimental to his development.

Swiss Ultimate
08-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I think the NXT is controlling Abyss.

Kane Knight
08-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Gotta understand that WADE BARRETT is the leader of NeXus...HE'S the one who won NXT Season 1.

Putting ANYONE as leader over Barrett would be detrimental to his development.

Gotta agree.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I really liked Daniel Bryan's return. Basically it comes down to whether or not you want Bryan to be a babyface or a heel, and right now they want to cash in on Bryan (smart), so they want him to be a face. They COULD have had Bryan come out and join Nexus during the match. He wouldn't have replaced Wade Barrett as the leader (as has been said, Barrett is the mind behind it, and that's the way it should be), but they could have had him justify re-aligning with Nexus by having him say something like "I stopped when things got too out of hand, and did the WWE give me a call? No. Instead they gave the guys that wreaked havoc contracts." He'd just be the Nexus' best weapon. That could have segued into an awesome feud with John Cena or something, but that's not the only way they could have done things.

As things are right now -- I am actually watching RAW because of Daniel Bryan. I also love the freshness that having these Nexus guys focused on is providing (especially since RAW is usually the same old shit). Bryan's feud with The Miz might actually make me consider ordering Night of Champions (which is about the title belts, so having a Cena vs. Bryan grudge match really wouldn't make sense). No one else is really set to take the US Title off The Miz, and their past relationship has brought an intensity to a mid-card feud I have not seen on RAW in a while.

Bryan didn't look bad losing to Tarver. It just made Tarver look good. Bryan immediately dived out onto The Miz and Alex Riley, and then it took three heels to beat Bryan down. It makes you really want to see Bryan get The Miz alone, and take one of his bragging rights away from him. This could develop into my favourite feud in the WWE.

The WWE is doing the right thing by having Michael Cole stick to his Daniel Bryan hate. People don't like Michael Cole, so they'll listen to the opposite of what he says. Jerry Lawler is also doing a good job by playing counter to that, and pointing out that Bryan did well for Team WWE. People like King; people don't like Cole -- people are going to respond even more positvely to Daniel Bryan in time.

It's funny -- I didn't like his entrance theme when I heard it on RAW; but I don't mind hearing it now. For a generic theme it's okay, I guess. And eventually they will probably take it, build on it, and add lyrics.

Jordan
08-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Good point about King. I noticed that as well. There are reports he never does homework or never watches the other shows... which is interesting because when a new guy comes out that he doesn't know, he usually is a little hard on them. But he cannot deny Bryan's awesomeness which is obvious, and I like it.