PDA

View Full Version : Vacant TNA title.

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 01:33 PM
So who's it going to then?

Somehow I can imagine them putting it on Hogan.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
I watched some TNA last night, a good 30 minutes and there wasn't a single match...in fact I'm not sure if it was even kayfabe or not. It was just interview after interview.

DLVH84
08-20-2010, 01:37 PM
My bet is that Kurt Angle is going to win it.

Dorkchop
08-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Why is the title vacant?

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
bad writing

Snowden
08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, if they're keeping with the 'I lose, I leave' storyline with Angle, I've gotta guess he takes it.

Though I wish they got him the title a different way...

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Why is the title vacant?

RVD got fucked up by Abyss so much they had to strip it off him.

In other words:

bad writing

Lock Jaw
08-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Getting the belt off of RVD is nothing but good in my books! :y:

Might just start paying attention to TNA again.

jskinnyg
08-20-2010, 01:50 PM
RVD got fucked up by Abyss so much they had to strip it off him.

In other words:

this... give it to Kurt please...

The Pope
08-20-2010, 03:05 PM
It's going to Kurt, but wish it went to Pope instead.

RiX1024
08-20-2010, 03:10 PM
i'd rather see a randomer get the belt....ummmm Rob Terry, lol. nah my vote is for Kurt.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Insert bad joke here> i'd rather see a randomer get the belt....ummmm Rob Terry<, lol. nah my vote is for Kurt.

Randomer? :nono:

RiX1024
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
as long if they don't give it to Hogan i'll be happy.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Hogan isn't getting the title.

Razzamajazz
08-20-2010, 03:28 PM
david arquette is coming back

Kane Knight
08-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I watched some TNA last night, a good 30 minutes and there wasn't a single match...in fact I'm not sure if it was even kayfabe or not. It was just interview after interview.

Yeah, I was watching it this morning and it was...Wait, that was last week's...Hard to tell them apart. :shifty:

Ermaximus
08-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Tommy Dreamer

Nicky Fives
08-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Kurt won't win until his "Top 10 Challenge" deal is over... cutting off an angle in mi-flow wouldn't make sense..... oh wait.... Russo is still booking... never mind.....

Ultra Mantis
08-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Where was Angle up to his in top 10 quest anyway?

taker707
08-20-2010, 05:38 PM
6 i believe

CWK
08-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Hope Angle wins it. Would make the most sense in the world for Abyss to come away with the title though given the recent storylines. I would be happy with Abyss having the belt, he deserves it and is awesome on the microphone. Extremely underrated overall IMO

Ultra Mantis
08-20-2010, 06:08 PM
6 i believe

Only 6? Wow, they've really blown their load early if they have Angle in the tournament. Could have easily just had him say "no I'm doing my own thing working my way up the rankings" and given up his spot to somebody else.

parkmania
08-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Just as a reference, the final four in the official tournament are Hardy vs. Angle and Pope vs. Anderson.

Ultra Mantis
08-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Just as a reference, the final four in the official tournament are Hardy vs. Angle and Pope vs. Anderson.

All ex-WWE guys :$

Xero
08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Welcome to TNA, it's kind of like WWE in 2006, but in smaller arenas.

Jordan
08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Kurt Angle vs Mr. Anderson for BFG 10.10.10

Maybe they will take a risk and put the company title behind Anderson. He has a lot to offer, totally untapped in some ways, and hasn't been over exposed on any brand of wrestling.

I'd say make Anderson go over Angle in a brutal battle, push Anderson over several other top guys, and build toward a huge rematch down the line.

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I think that would work Jordan but, the backlash of a babyface Ken Anderson defeating Kurt Angle would be too much for TNA's booking department.

Droford
08-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Angle vs Pope, battle of the Former "ECW" Stars

I could almost see them giving it to Elijah Burke..I mean..same basic company that gave their title to K-Kwik. I would have never figured on K-Kwik being a world champion, nor would I have figured on Burke despite the fact that I really liked Elijah Burke in his stint in ECW.

BizarroKing
08-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I thought the finals and semi finals were all taking place at No Surrender. So we're going to go for a entire month with no champion?

Also, the new champion will actually be this man:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/26/10061-sharkboy_large.jpg

Droford
08-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Semi Finals at No Surrender
Finals at Bound for Glory in October, so its almost 2 months without a champion.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Angle should go over Jeff Hardy. If they don't, then I think they are doing something very silly. Then it's between The Pope and Anderson. While I like The Pope more, I think Anderson winning and bringing back those memories of his feud with Anderson from earlier this year. But I think it would have just been better to go with RVD vs. Angle at Bound For Glory.

Droford
08-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Id have Angle win the title and then say he didn't want to win the title under those circumstances unless he could beat all the top 10 like he intended to do, so he drops the belt and they have another tournament.

Ultra Mantis
08-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Id have Angle win the title and then say he didn't want to win the title under those circumstances unless he could beat all the top 10 like he intended to do, so he drops the belt and they have another tournament.

They could then repeat this at least three times.

Rollermacka
08-20-2010, 09:07 PM
All ex-WWE guys :$

I actually think thats really sad. Honestly, I think Rob Terry should have beaten Jeff Hardy and advanced in the tournament. Maybe Rob isnt ready for a title run, but Jeff looked completely horrible in the ring. He completely missed both the wisper in the wind (Rob moved into the way but he was still off) and the Swanton Bomb. They completely buried Lethal too. TNA is completely misded a solid chance of making there "home grown" stars into main eventers :nono:

Phenomenal 1
08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
My bets are they are going to and would have to put the belt on Angle, in keeping with the storylines of him going through the top 10 contenders to earn the TNA Championship but if they also keep with kayfabe and the storyline, in the one on one Mike Tenay did with Angle after he gave up his #2 spot, didn't he say until he gets to the title match, if he loses at all, he's done, so even though he's at #5 or #6, i'm not sure, he didn't go through top 10 yet all the way but the storyline would put him at that if he loses, he's done in TNA, so I don't think they would detour from the storyline, but I would like to see Angle finish mowing down the top 10. They might interject that because of the emergency and nature of the situation, his win or retire stipulation does not apply in the tournament and he has immunity. If that be the case, i'd like to see Anderson, or Dinero given a run with the gold, its time for TNA to do something new, something not done before.

Jordan
08-21-2010, 01:16 AM
I don't know how Kurt is feeling, if he is taking time off soon or what. But if Anderson beats Angle soundly at BFG, and starts gaining momentum by beating Abyss, RVD, maybe Joe or Styles... Meanwhile Kurt Angle is shaken by his loss to Anderson and it haunts him and drives him to extreme training and dedication to dismember Anderson.

BUT his emotions get the best of him and he cannot ever qualify to face Anderson because he loses the qualifiers due to his emotions getting the best of him.

Eventually he turns into a wrestling maniac and goes forward on the path to dismembering Anderson, in which he hopefully fails in the big rematch. And then transfers into the funny heel Angle we all know and love, because he can't be a killer forever.

So this establishes Anderson as TNA's risky top babyface (ala Austin in 98) and gives Angle a platform to put other young talent over.

I think Angle should put over Pope, Hernandez, and Abyss on this journey.

I really hope they don't go with Jeff because he is not trustworthy at the moment and he isn't the kind of guy you build a company around, no is RVD.

crusnik
08-21-2010, 01:23 AM
I thought the finals and semi finals were all taking place at No Surrender. So we're going to go for a entire month with no champion?

Also, the new champion will actually be this man:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/26/10061-sharkboy_large.jpg

LOL too bloody funny

crusnik
08-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Angle vs Pope, battle of the Former "ECW" Stars

I could almost see them giving it to Elijah Burke..I mean..same basic company that gave their title to K-Kwik. I would have never figured on K-Kwik being a world champion, nor would I have figured on Burke despite the fact that I really liked Elijah Burke in his stint in ECW.

I agree.They'll give it to Angle But I'd like to see the pope as champ.Angle is a good champ but they should give it to some one else.let Kurt lose , leave for a bit,then come back when TNA has the super wrestling heel dujour beating everyone up and becoming champ and issuing a challenge to anyone who thinks they can beat himhe comes back n kicks his ass n goes over better than before.

owenbrown
08-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Semi Finals at No Surrender
Finals at Bound for Glory in October, so its almost 2 months without a champion.

2 months?! No wonder TNA sucks

The Pope
08-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Who's Champ in WWE? It seems like everywhere I look there is a title. Is it Sheamus?

Ultra Mantis
08-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I actually think thats really sad. Honestly, I think Rob Terry should have beaten Jeff Hardy and advanced in the tournament. Maybe Rob isnt ready for a title run, but Jeff looked completely horrible in the ring. He completely missed both the wisper in the wind (Rob moved into the way but he was still off) and the Swanton Bomb. They completely buried Lethal too. TNA is completely misded a solid chance of making there "home grown" stars into main eventers :nono:

Lethal, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hernandez. At least one of these guys should be in the mix for the finals. Even tag guys like Roode or Sabin would have benefited from having at least one competitive match against a top singles guy in this tournament.

The Pope
08-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Lethal, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hernandez. At least one of these guys should be in the mix for the finals. Even tag guys like Roode or Sabin would have benefited from having at least one competitive match against a top singles guy in this tournament.

I agree with you, The Pope is the only young guy there. I hope it's D'Angelo Dinero vs Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I could see Mr. Anderson winning and then Angle snapping and attacking Anderson. It would flip their roles from their feud earlier this year. Angle would then be "out" of TNA, and can take that time off. It's a bit risky, but they could also try and turn The Pope heel against Anderson, bitter about the loss. It seems like something TNA could try and do:

* Kurt Angle beats Jeff Hardy via submission with the Ankle Lock.

* Mr. Anderson beats The Pope with a roll-up. He offers The Pope his hand, but Dinero is still a bit untrustworthy of Anderson.

* Mr. Anderson beats Kurt Angle with the Mic Check and wins his first World Heavyweight Championship. Angle attacks Mr. Anderson in a rage after the match. The Pope runs out and makes the save for Anderson. The Pope then decks Anderson with a steel chair and goes nuts on him.

There's your November PPV World Title match.

Rollermacka
08-22-2010, 02:32 AM
I could see Mr. Anderson winning and then Angle snapping and attacking Anderson. It would flip their roles from their feud earlier this year. Angle would then be "out" of TNA, and can take that time off. It's a bit risky, but they could also try and turn The Pope heel against Anderson, bitter about the loss. It seems like something TNA could try and do:

* Kurt Angle beats Jeff Hardy via submission with the Ankle Lock.

* Mr. Anderson beats The Pope with a roll-up. He offers The Pope his hand, but Dinero is still a bit untrustworthy of Anderson.

* Mr. Anderson beats Kurt Angle with the Mic Check and wins his first World Heavyweight Championship. Angle attacks Mr. Anderson in a rage after the match. The Pope runs out and makes the save for Anderson. The Pope then decks Anderson with a steel chair and goes nuts on him.

There's your November PPV World Title match.

Not a bad take but it's still alittle former WWE heavy for me. Wrap your mind arond this one, Noid

Terry beats Hardy and advances. Abyss came out and distracted Hardy, Terry hits a Powerslam/ Spinebuster for the win (adds more to the Abyss/ Hardy drama)

Angle and Pope advance like they did, and Lethal wins on a roll up when Kaz with Flair hit Anserson by mistake (sets up an Anderson Vs Fortune feud)

Terry gets completely out wrestled by Angle (not a hard idea to grasp)

Lethal beats the Pope to set up a Lethal Vs Angle match at the next PPV.

Angle wins the title and sets up a possible feud with Lethal down the line (you gotta admit Lethal is talented in the ring and even without the imitations he still has tons of charisma)

Aguakate
08-22-2010, 02:43 AM
...if TNA REALLY wanted to bother WWE, they'd put it on Ric Flair, just so that in the future, anytime WWE mentions Flair, they'll have to say "17 Time World Champion", instead of 16...

...WWE would need to update everything about Flair.

Droford
08-22-2010, 02:50 AM
...if TNA REALLY wanted to bother WWE, they'd put it on Ric Flair, just so that in the future, anytime WWE mentions Flair, they'll have to say "17 Time World Champion", instead of 16...

Or WWE could just never mention him again...

Aguakate
08-22-2010, 02:53 AM
You know they eventually will.

Ultra Mantis
08-22-2010, 09:51 AM

Pretty sure WWE don't consider the TNA Championship as a World Title. Actually they probably go as far as denying it's existence.

The Pope
08-22-2010, 10:35 AM
It has more meaning than the WWE Title.