PDA

View Full Version : Can Randy Orton Maintain His Current Character?

Next Big Thing
08-20-2010, 01:55 PM
I definitely see some similarities between him and Austin with the hair trigger tempers, disdain for authority, and finishers that make Jim Ross & marks cream themselves, but Austin had formidable opponents like DX, Rock, Vince, and the Corporation to keep fans interested even though it was basically the same shit in a different toilet.

Randy beating the hell out of Sheamus and Nexus jobbers isn't the same though and I'm wondering if you guys think the fans will get bored of seeing Randy sulk to the ring, throw a temper tantrum and then RKO the hell out of some midcarder sooner rather than later?

Razzamajazz
08-20-2010, 03:39 PM
i just want to see him chug some beer in the ring, and see if he can still keep those abs

The Pope
08-20-2010, 03:42 PM
He needs to Punt Kick all those Nexus non talented guys. (Except Barrett)

DLVH84
08-20-2010, 06:18 PM
I can also see the similarities between Orton and Austin. Have him RKO everybody.

XCaliber
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
No I will not get tired of it especially if he does the occasional round of RKOs or even a double.

Afterlife
08-20-2010, 10:50 PM
It's all he has, so I hope so.

tjmidnight420
08-20-2010, 11:14 PM
For the character to last it could probably use some tweaks. Randy should not be a pissed off babyface, but more of a tweener. Have him punt kick/ RKO anybody and everybody, not just the bad guys, and not just Sheamus and midcarders.

RKO the guy selling tacos in the fifth row and you got yourself a winner. :shifty:

DLVH84
08-20-2010, 11:24 PM
For the character to last it could probably use some tweaks. Randy should not be a pissed off babyface, but more of a tweener. Have him punt kick/ RKO anybody and everybody, not just the bad guys, and not just Sheamus and midcarders.

RKO the guy selling tacos in the fifth row and you got yourself a winner. :shifty:

That's what I had in mind.

crusnik
08-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I say have him RKO cole

Londoner
08-21-2010, 12:09 AM
No I will not get tired of it especially if he does the occasional round of RKOs or even a double.

I wouldn't, Austin did stunners all the time and it never got boring.

Theo Dious
08-21-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm more curious as to whether he can maintain his current streak of good behavior.

Next Big Thing
08-21-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm more curious as to whether he can maintain his current streak of good behavior.

He's a top guy now so the rules no longer apply to him.... ask Kofi Kingston about that.

Brock
08-21-2010, 08:11 AM
i wish he rko the hell out of u.. ur just my ripoff.. next big thing?? with scott hall avatar??? LOL! change ur name with THE NEXT OLD THING! hahah!

XCaliber
08-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't, Austin did stunners all the time and it never got boring.

Um I said NOT and if anything I think it would be even better since there is no kick beforehand and can be hit out of nowhere one of these days I'm sure he'll drop two peeps at once with it.

Londoner
08-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Um I said NOT and if anything I think it would be even better since there is no kick beforehand and can be hit out of nowhere one of these days I'm sure he'll drop two peeps at once with it.

My bad, not sure how i misread that.

Snowden
08-21-2010, 06:39 PM

Kinda like this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/baCK0DXwkZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/baCK0DXwkZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Next Big Thing
08-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Kinda like this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/baCK0DXwkZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/baCK0DXwkZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yes... but not as gayly... and by gay I mean happy :shifty:

Jakob Synn
08-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I've never really like Orton. I don't know what it is but I just get no connection with him/his character.

Though I do think that the way his character is going that it needs changes. The character has no connection with the audience other than RKO'ing or Punting certain wrestlers that the crowd doesn't like.

He needs a little more than what he has right now for me to enjoy his character. Though my girlfriend loves him. She calls him her "LEG BOYFRIEND" because his legs are so big, beefy and oiled up that you can't miss them.

Kane Knight
08-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Orton doesn't really have any character except in the loosest sense. But as flat, 2D wrestlers are all the IWC rage:

It's all he has, so I hope so.

bigslimjj
08-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I'd bet that whoever the new gm is,their getting an rko. but it won't last. They change everyone around except Cena.