PDA

View Full Version : What will he accomplish?: Kofi Kingston

Snowden
08-20-2010, 01:55 PM
So, new thread idea...if it catches on, maybe I'll make it a running thing.

Concept is as such: There's always talk of 'This guy should be pushed,' 'He's being underutilized,' etc etc. Well, I'm curious to see where exactly TPWW sees the the midcarders of the world going in their current promotions. It'll be nice to have people "On the record," and may be fun to look back at these threads in a couple of years and see how spot on our predictions are. Talk about the guy's career path, disagree, discuss, whatever. Essentially, vote on how high up the card you think the performer will rise.

Our first midcarder up...

http://thexwf1.webs.com/kofi%20kingston.jpg

Kofi's career highlights include runs with both the US, and most recently, Intercontinental Titles. A main event push looked to be in the works when he was embroiled in a hot feud with Randy Orton, but he lost steam, and was eventually sent to Smackdown. After losing the IC Title to Dolph Ziggler, Kofi seems to have developed more of a "mean streak," which could possibly add a new layer to his character and/or lead to a heel turn. Where does everyone see the our favorite Jama...Ghanian superstar going?

Oh, and I'm still working out the kinks for what the poll choices should say, any critiques/suggestions would be appreciated.

VSG
08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
What will he accomplish?

Snowden
08-20-2010, 02:02 PM
As in, throughout his career. Don't know if it's the best title in the world for the thread, but its the first one that comes to mind.

Savio
08-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I predict that he will never hold a title.

Mr. Pierre
08-20-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't see Kofi keeping his current gimmick for the remainder of his career. I think he'll challenge for the World Title with this gimmick, but never win it.

I could see a heel turn years from now, becoming a suit/jacket type of character and do a complete 180 and win the World Title. But, I can't see him winning the title as a face, with the Jamaican character.

BizarroKing
08-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I have a feeling he'll be a multiple time champion...he just needs time.

Also, the "never holds a title" option seems somewhat pointless, don'tcha think?

Snowden
08-20-2010, 03:09 PM
...indeed it does. I was trying to just keep uniform options for every poll, but I'll scrap the redundant options for those who've surpassed them already.

VSG
08-20-2010, 03:13 PM
I was referring to the typo in the title, you know? In any case I would like to think that Kofi will be a 1-time World Champ atleast.

Ermaximus
08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Well, considering Kofi has already been in a world title match, via elimination chamber, I can see him being a legit contender, but I don't see him every winning it. Granted the WWE NEEDS to put the strap on an African-American guy eventually, I don't see Kofi being the guy who gets it.

Snowden
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I was referring to the typo in the title, you know? In any case I would like to think that Kofi will be a 1-time World Champ atleast.

:-\ Didn't notice that until now...gotta work out the kinks I suppose.

The Pope
08-20-2010, 03:54 PM
He looks like he's 40 in that pic

Ermaximus
08-20-2010, 03:54 PM
:-\ Didn't notice that until now...gotta work out the kinks I suppose.

In the future, just put either Loose Cannon or Crossrine as the 5th choice and you'll be just fine Snowden. I promise.

Nicky Fives
08-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Midcarder 4 life

CWK
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Sad to see them cool off on Kofi, I always remember the awesome promo he had on RAW some time ago when he destroyed Randy Orton's race car.

I think he will never have any World title reigns or even be in the title picture unfortunately, but I think he will always be solid in the high midcards and in the IC/US title picture.

Shadrick
08-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Of course I'm biased, but Kofi will hold a world title, he's much more over than a lot of the other superstars, he can work a match and he's pretty good on the mic. Besides, Trips is VERY high on him, thats pretty much a locked World Title run.

Ultra Mantis
08-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I can see him winning it, and even being booked more legit than Sheamus, Swagger and Mysterio.

Joesgonnakillyou
08-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I really like him, I think he's really talented but one world title maximum if he's lucky. Which i don't think he will be

Droford
08-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Hes a more charismatic Shelton Benjamin, but it wont get him a major title reign.

XCaliber
08-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Have a feeling he will feud over it at some point but I don't think he will ever win.

Providence Peep
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Let's re-watch a 2:14 video of Kofi flushing his own career down the toilet...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-kxxFjiD6s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-kxxFjiD6s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Favre4Ever
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Kofi COULD win a world title but he would need the type of gimmick change that they were starting to put on him during his feud with Randy Orton. Jamaican happy go lucky Kofi, a character I find similar to The Rock's initial incarnation, will be in mid level feuds until the day he dies/glass ceiling crushes him. Though I think even a revamped Kofi would do little better than Booker T's first few years in the WWE: IC Title wins, higher profile feuds, but cannon fodder for the champion, who in Booker's time was HHH.

Providence Peep
08-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Kofi COULD win a world title but he would need the type of gimmick change that they were starting to put on him during his feud with Randy Orton.

He would also need to learn how to work a match.

Shadrick
08-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Kofi can't work a match?

Providence Peep
08-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Kofi can't work a match?

What I meant was, if he is booked in main event matches, he needs to be able to handle them successfully and not be botching the finish. He hasn't shown yet that's able to do that. Sure, he's ok in the mid-card matches, but being "ok" is not enough and I'm not sure if he's got the all-important "it factor".

James Steele
08-21-2010, 02:35 AM
In the current climate of WWE, I bet he gets at least 1 World Title reign on SD! or something.

Shadrick
08-21-2010, 05:06 AM
What I meant was, if he is booked in main event matches, he needs to be able to handle them successfully and not be botching the finish. He hasn't shown yet that's able to do that. Sure, he's ok in the mid-card matches, but being "ok" is not enough and I'm not sure if he's got the all-important "it factor".

Oh okay. I somewhat agree, I definitely think he has the "it" factor, but he did SOMEWHAT botch ONE finish in a main event match. He'll be good tho, he just needs another shot.

Brock
08-21-2010, 05:32 AM
try him to hold a world title.. then we will see..

Ultra Mantis
08-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Let's re-watch a 2:14 video of Kofi flushing his own career down the toilet...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-kxxFjiD6s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-kxxFjiD6s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Orton didn't exactly help there though, Kofi was selling an incredibly weak chop block for ages, Randy should have just nailed the RKO instead of throwing a bitch fit and attempting to slot in his punch the mat routine off the back of pushing him over. If Kofi stayed down for 20 seconds after that weak shove it would have looked even more ridiculous.

The Pope
08-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Kofi is stupid, why would he get up facing Orton??

rated rjo
08-22-2010, 01:53 AM
As long as we're talking about titles, could you at least fix the one on this thread. Do you mean "he" or "they"?

rated rjo
08-22-2010, 01:55 AM
He doesn't seem like future HOF material so multi-time champ seems unlikely. Unless the E gets their ass in gear booking Kofi well, I think he will win the title once and be done with it.

Aguakate
08-22-2010, 01:58 AM
...interesting how there's an option that says "never holds a title", when, in fact...HE'S ALREADY HELD A TITLE.

And even worse, 3 people voted for it.

rated rjo
08-22-2010, 02:26 AM
...interesting how there's an option that says "never holds a title", when, in fact...HE'S ALREADY HELD A TITLE.

And even worse, 3 people voted for it.

Doesn't that officially make this poll invalid. Do-overs!!!

bigslimjj
08-22-2010, 02:30 PM
No world title ever. Vince is a racist and that will never change. The white guys keep the title. Just ask MVP.

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Big TNA debut in 3 years.

Furious Beardsley
08-23-2010, 08:39 PM
I could see him feuding for the WWE or WHC, but never quite surpassing that mark. It's not that I don't like Kofi, I enjoy watching him. I just don't think that his character is one that fits the WWE/WHC scene.