PDA

View Full Version : If you could make one major change to wrestling

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 07:36 PM
what would it be? I don't care why. Don't tell me why. Just tell me what you'd change.

Xero
08-20-2010, 07:38 PM
WWE focusing on talent, not looks or lack of mic skills.

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd ban moves where you dropped your opponent on their head.

Londoner
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I'lld bring the attitude era back......;)

Haze
08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Establish a union for wrestlers to get them better health care and retirement benefits.

Swiss Ultimate
08-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Establish a union for wrestlers to get them better health care and retirement benefits.

My rule would probably benefit them in that capacity as well. Too many concussions in the wrestling world.

DLVH84
08-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I love Xero's idea on focusing on talent and Haze's idea on having a union. These two ideas would be the best things to happen.

Actually, in the 1980's, Jesse Ventura came up the idea of having a union, until a certain stooge (Hulk Hogan) told Vince McMahon about it.

Wishbone
08-20-2010, 08:16 PM

this :y:

BizarroKing
08-20-2010, 08:25 PM
No more Cena

LOL jk. Actually, maybe going back to regular PPVs instead of just having gimmick PPVs. Don't get me wrong they are cool and all, but srsly, now-a-days it seems like we are only focusing on gimmick matches. (Hell in a Cell, TLC, Elimination Chamber, etc) speaking of which better names for the PPVs too.

Droford
08-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Make the ring posts out of rubber or something softer so that people dont get rammed into them and hurt.

tjmidnight420
08-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Make the ring posts out of chocolate.

dronepool
08-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Totally. I think they don't even need chairshots and blood every 3 seconds for that. Give them TV-14 lenient dialog and the occasional violence now and then. Saying things like "butt" over "ass" really make a difference in cheesiness.

Jeritron
08-20-2010, 09:08 PM

I agree with focusing on talent. I do think having "a look" is important though. I don't think size or physique should be so important, though, since it leads to bad trends in the business.
I also think mic skills should absolutely matter. Good mic skills should be rewarded and have their purpose, but if a guy can find a way to be over without them it shouldn't be a dealbreaker. I think all routes of getting over should be explored.

Domino
08-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I would only use the words ass, damn, hell, and bitch.

I would NEVER, however, use the words shit, fuck, goddamn, jesus christ, faggot, or any other racial or sexual slurs.

And of course, there would be less dick references.

Uhh, I mean, penis references.

Jeritron
08-20-2010, 09:10 PM

This. I'd also like a legitimate promotion that competes with WWE. This is not an anti-WWE sentiment either.
It just leads to more jobs for the talent, more total entertainment, and a higher quality of product

Droford
08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.anacondasports.com/wcsstore/anaconda10/images/35_med.jpg

they could even sell em to the kids

dronepool
08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I would only use the words ass, damn, hell, and bitch.

I would NEVER, however, use the words shit, fuck, goddamn, jesus christ, faggot, or any other racial or sexual slurs.

And of course, there would be less dick references.

Uhh, I mean, penis references.

Why is goddamn in a higher league of offensive words, godmotherfuckingdamnit!? :lol: Personally I see it no worse than damn or crap :)

Domino
08-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Ask DX. They'll be happy to inform you, haha.

YoungFlyFlashy
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Stop re-hashing old ideas. Lock up all the writers and only allow them free once they've come up with a years worth of original ideas. Repeat process every year.

Note: Yes I am aware that things will have to be re-hashed eventually, but sometimes I feel like they simply give up on even trying to explore different avenues just to make deadlines or whatever.

Londoner
08-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Totally. I think they don't even need chairshots and blood every 3 seconds for that. Give them TV-14 lenient dialog and the occasional violence now and then. Saying things like "butt" over "ass" really make a difference in cheesiness.

No no, we need those chairshots to the head!!111

Just kidding! ;)

Seriously though i agree.

crusnik
08-21-2010, 01:01 AM
everyone else took the good ideas.lol I would say have an instant replay call in title matches... too much interference or crap in them(sheamus's matches come to mind)

Jordan
08-21-2010, 01:08 AM
WWE is doing great at the moment, with the influx of new talent from NXT, to Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, and other.

TNA on the other hand could use Paul Heyman's idea of a strong MMA influence. The route they are going on is okay, but with more sport and less bullshit talky stuff they would be much more compelling.

Steveviscious89
08-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Take away the gauranteed contracts. Of course it would only be truly effective if both TNA and WWE did it. It would make the likes of Jeff Hardy put on a decent match no matter where he was.

Mr. C
08-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Sorry, I have a list:

1. Merge the brands and unify the World Heavyweight & WWE Championship into the Undisputed WWE Championship.

2. Get rid of Alicia Fox, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Hornswoggle, Justin Gabriel, Michael Tarver, Santino Marella, Skip Sheffield, Vickie Guerrero, and Zack Ryder.

3. Make John Cena heel.

4. Make it that they defend every title at least once a month.

5. Hire women who can wrestle.

6. Less Pay-Per-Views.

7. Bump it back up to TV14.

8. Allow blood if and when it’s needed like Last Man Standing.

9. Push Christian.

10. Get rid of the Divas Championship.

Lock Jaw
08-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Give Undertaker a new hat.

Brock
08-21-2010, 07:59 AM
fire vince and make me the new chairman..

honestly! i have a list also:

1. merge raw and sd.. just the superstars.. with the same storyline that will continue from monday and friday

2. make raw and smackdown a 3 hour show

3.buy CZW

4.replace wwe superstars with czw

5.push NXT show because its good

and last?? bring back the ATTITUDE fkin era!

divas swimsuit contest,blood and freaking storylines!

Haze
08-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Didn't realize making a list was plausible when you are give the option to make ONE major change.

Haze
08-21-2010, 08:43 AM
3.buy CZW

4.replace wwe superstars with czw

CZW is garbage. It is glorified backyard wrestling, and is a black mark on the industry. Forgiving you poor spelling and grammar is one thing, but nothing can excuse supporting a "wrestling" promotion such as CZW.

Brock
08-21-2010, 08:57 AM
CZW is garbage. It is glorified backyard wrestling, and is a black mark on the industry. Forgiving you poor spelling and grammar is one thing, but nothing can excuse supporting a "wrestling" promotion such as CZW.

is in different peoples choice... so mind your own business kid..

if you think is it a garbage?? then why u try it.. wreslt on czw.. and lets see who will be the garbage.. LOL!

Haze
08-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Because if I were to pursue a career as a professional wrestler, associating myself with a garbage promotion would be right up there on my list of things to do.

Swiss Ultimate
08-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry, I have a list:

1. Merge the brands and unify the World Heavyweight & WWE Championship into the Undisputed WWE Championship.

2. Get rid of Alicia Fox, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Hornswoggle, Justin Gabriel, Michael Tarver, Santino Marella, Skip Sheffield, Vickie Guerrero, and Zack Ryder.

3. Make John Cena heel.

4. Make it that they defend every title at least once a month.

5. Hire women who can wrestle.

6. Less Pay-Per-Views.

7. Bump it back up to TV14.

8. Allow blood if and when it’s needed like Last Man Standing.

9. Push Christian.

10. Get rid of the Divas Championship.

pick one of these.

i hate your ideas.

Cool King
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Give Undertaker a new hat.

I recommend a fez.

http://i35.tinypic.com/30df8uu.jpg

Cool King
08-21-2010, 10:13 AM

:wtf:

Can I ask why?

Haze
08-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Why would we want to watch new stars develop to replace the stars who are entering the tail end of their careers? That is just nonsense!

tjmidnight420
08-21-2010, 07:30 PM
is in different peoples choice... so mind your own business kid..

if you think is it a garbage?? then why u try it.. wreslt on czw.. and lets see who will be the garbage.. LOL!

Go fuck a goat.

Seriously, why do you even come to TPWW? Can CZW not afford a fan forum?

XL
08-21-2010, 08:20 PM
:wtf:

Can I ask why?
Because he merged the rosters. In doing so you have to cut probably half of the roster. Those are the guys he chose, but he would need to drop another 10 - 15 workers.

Swiss Ultimate
08-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Because he merged the rosters. In doing so you have to cut probably half of the roster. Those are the guys he chose, but he would need to drop another 10 - 15 workers.

still, i stressed "one". I finally get it though, I was curious about his choice.

Chavo Classic
08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Stop re-hashing old ideas. Lock up all the writers and only allow them free once they've come up with a years worth of original ideas. Repeat process every year.

Note: Yes I am aware that things will have to be re-hashed eventually, but sometimes I feel like they simply give up on even trying to explore different avenues just to make deadlines or whatever.

You're missing the point, as every form of entertainment re-hashes old ideas. I don't think the case is to meet deadlines or "whatever", because writing four to five hours of entertainment each week isn't just time consuming - it's creatively exhaustive. There's no way on earth you could hire or pay enough writers to come up with new ideas constantly throughout the calendar, year after year.

Besides, assuming we've all heard of and understand Jim Cornette's 'seven year rule' of recycling in wrestling, there's really no need to. The only people who might recognise something we've seen before are the hardcore who've been watching for ten years plus, and this is not a problem as we're in the minority.

dronepool
08-21-2010, 11:50 PM
How about making an inter-brand TV title?

Swiss Ultimate
08-22-2010, 01:16 AM
How about making an inter-brand TV title?

I like this idea but I would prefer it be from merging the US and IC titles.

rated rjo
08-22-2010, 01:29 AM
One of three things:

a.) Eliminate the 90 day "No Compete Clause" stipulation in contracts;

b.) Remove a few PPVs from the overall lineup so that there wasn't one every month;

c.) Put women who can actually wrestle in the women's division (*cough* WWE *cough)

Chavo Classic
08-22-2010, 04:35 AM
If it was just concerning the WWE, I'd bring the curtain down on this PG era. By no means go back to the Attitude days though; just find a middle ground.

A change for the industry as a whole would have to be the use of steroids and other drugs, generally caused by the ridiculous need to look bigger. Guys are dying way too young and far too often, and it's an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Attitude99
08-22-2010, 06:46 AM

:y: This Is All We Need :y:

Blue Demon
08-22-2010, 10:40 AM
I recommend a fez.

http://i35.tinypic.com/30df8uu.jpg
It's Mustafataker

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/142/14238123/mustafaboxart_160w.jpg

Savio
08-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Fire all current writers....I'd also like to be head of the booking team.

Furious Beardsley
08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Make the WWE Tag Team Division credible again

rated rjo
08-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Make the WWE Tag Team Division credible again

I think you mean make a WWE tag division, period.

bigslimjj
08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Stop the PG. Get rid of Russo in TNA. Push the writers harder to write for seasons instead of week to week. Draw out things all season like the best drams and shows do. Sons of Anarchy,True blood,Dexter etc....there's plenty of shows that extend things for months and months. Today wrestling cuts bait and goes home way too soon. If the story is good the people will watch it. It's that simple. The more drawn in they are the more they tune in.

Furious Beardsley
08-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I think you mean make a WWE tag division, period.

Touche

The Pope
08-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Stop the PG. Get rid of Russo in TNA. Push the writers harder to write for seasons instead of week to week. Draw out things all season like the best drams and shows do. Sons of Anarchy,True blood,Dexter etc....there's plenty of shows that extend things for months and months. Today wrestling cuts bait and goes home way too soon. If the story is good the people will watch it. It's that simple. The more drawn in they are the more they tune in.

You don't have to get rid of PG, just don't make it to gay.