PDA

View Full Version : TNA: Basic run-down

Swiss Ultimate
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
So Abyss, controlled by "them", is a super-monster that nearly killed RVD the TNA World Champion forcing the company to vacate the title.

Abyss wasn't suspended for crossing the line. Later he is not thrown out of the building by security when he shows up at Impact and instead gets the shit beaten out of him twice by an out-of-shape Jeff Hardy who is angry that Abyss took out RVD. TNA security prevents him from hitting a Swanton on Abyss through a table.

Tommy Dreamer is being pushed as being better than AJ Styles.

Fortune hates EV 2.0 for existing.

EV 2.0 is turning the ECW veterans into pussies.

Ken Anderson doesn't want to win the title this way.

Jay Lethal's major push is over?

dhellova guy
08-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a company that has no idea where it wants to go. Kinda like WCW, certa 1999-2000.

Xero
08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
At least they have the better in-ring product.

But since they're trying to be WWE's brand of sports entertainment, that doesn't exactly work without good writing.

Droford
08-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I was just glad that they didnt reward Abyss for taking out RVD by putting him in the Title Tourney. That would have been a TNA thing to do, ie stupid.

Swiss Ultimate
08-21-2010, 05:32 PM
I just don't get this weird stuff with Abyss. Either he's a monster or a hoss, they need to fucking decide.

Droford
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
He's a Mo-hoss

or even a hosster.

jerichoholicninja
08-21-2010, 06:20 PM
When you summarize it the way you did it looks like shit but having watched the last two weeks I can say I am more interested in what's going on in TNA than WWE right now.

taker707
08-21-2010, 11:54 PM
When you summarize it the way you did it looks like shit but having watched the last two weeks I can say I am more interested in what's going on in TNA than WWE right now.

as am I.

Swiss Ultimate
08-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Fair enough but, are you really okay with how they're booking Abyss? The TNA World Title?

How is Abyss so bad-ass he destroyed RVD then selling fists from broken-down Jeff Hardy in two of the lamest and most pointless brawls I've seen in TNA since Bubba and Kurt Angle?

Droford
08-22-2010, 01:19 AM
You also forgot the Beautiful People drama...

Swiss Ultimate
08-22-2010, 01:22 AM
I change the channel usually...they seem to take more time up with "knockouts" than WWE does with "divas". I'll sit through a diva match if I have to (my wife thinks I'm checking them out but I can honestly say I'm just waiting to see CM Punk or Sheamus).

bigslimjj
08-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Knockouts are better then divas. The wwe's stories are old and rehashed crap right now. You wanna talk about Abyss? Watch Kane ramble on from smackdown last week and tell me you know what the hell he was talking about. They jobbed out their second biggest money maker to a guy who just debuted on smackdown. Ortons crazy,no he's not,yes he is,but in a good PG way. Cena is a superman that always beats everyone unless ten other people beat him up and someone steals the belt. Even after being DDT'd on CONCRETE, he beats not one but 2 members of a group that was billed as unstoppable,then they take away another member of the group,weakening it even more. Someone should start a WWE thread like this,just to be fair.

The Pope
08-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't see why people are so upset about how TNA doesn't have a World Champion. It builds up the prestiege of the belt if it takes that long to win it.

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I just don't get this weird stuff with Abyss. Either he's a monster or a hoss, they need to fucking decide.

Without JR commentating and telling me which black guy's the most athletic in company history, which guy is the toughest SOB because he takes the other guys moves, and which guy is a monster and which guy is a hoss.... I don't know wrestling anymore. :|

Londoner
08-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't see why people are so upset about how TNA doesn't have a World Champion. It builds up the prestiege of the belt if it takes that long to win it.

Dr Perfects train of thought: EVERYTHING WWE DOES IS SHIT. EVERYTHING TNA DOES IS GREAT.

Next Big Thing
08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
The Knockouts are the best thing going on TNA. Not an insult either. They have hot chicks who are actually not bad to watch in the ring.

Pope was the second best thing going until he had to take a back seat to Hogan and Abyss and now shitty ass ECW wrestlers who should have stopped 5 years ago.

AJ Styles is shitty as a heel and it looks like he got his Flair robe from Kmart.

Evolution > Fourtune

Mankind + Kane = Abyss. TNA owes the WWE money for that rip offed character.

As far as storylines changing at the drop of a hat.... It's obvious that Dixie is a pushover and gives in to whatever dumbass idea Bischoff, Russo, and the top guys throw at her. Hence Orlando Jordan (Hogan Tour); Shawn Morley (Hogan Tour); Rosie Lottalove (signed after injuring her opponent & a student of Team 3D). There's no filter like there is with Vince in the WWE.

FourFifty
08-22-2010, 06:52 PM
The Knockouts are the best thing going on TNA. Not an insult either. They have hot chicks who are actually not bad to watch in the ring.

Pope was the second best thing going until he had to take a back seat to Hogan and Abyss and now shitty ass ECW wrestlers who should have stopped 5 years ago.

AJ Styles is shitty as a heel and it looks like he got his Flair robe from Kmart.

Evolution > Fourtune

Mankind + Kane = Abyss. TNA owes the WWE money for that rip offed character.

As far as storylines changing at the drop of a hat.... It's obvious that Dixie is a pushover and gives in to whatever dumbass idea Bischoff, Russo, and the top guys throw at her. Hence Orlando Jordan (Hogan Tour); Shawn Morley (Hogan Tour); Rosie Lottalove (signed after injuring her opponent & a student of Team 3D). There's no filter like there is with Vince in the WWE.

I think I love you in only a slightly homo way.

Swiss Ultimate
02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
So Abyss, controlled by "them", is a super-monster that nearly killed RVD the TNA World Champion forcing the company to vacate the title.

Abyss wasn't suspended for crossing the line. Later he is not thrown out of the building by security when he shows up at Impact and instead gets the shit beaten out of him twice by an out-of-shape Jeff Hardy who is angry that Abyss took out RVD. TNA security prevents him from hitting a Swanton on Abyss through a table.

Tommy Dreamer is being pushed as being better than AJ Styles.

Fortune hates EV 2.0 for existing.

EV 2.0 is turning the ECW veterans into pussies.

Ken Anderson doesn't want to win the title this way.

Jay Lethal's major push is over?

Somebody update this for me.

Fox
02-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Sounds like a company that has no idea where it wants to go. Kinda like WCW, certa 1999-2000.

"circa", bro. "Circa."

Indifferent Clox
02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
How the fuck do you know if they have a better in ring product? their matches don't last more than 2 minutes. Less psychology than any other wrestling on tv IMO. I never know wtf is going on when i watch TNA, and Mike Tenay doesnt help at all.

Mjdiesel
02-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I agree with Next Big Thing that Abyss= Mankind + Kane. I think there's a 9 percent smidgeon of Mideon in there as well.

bigslimjj
02-20-2011, 03:55 PM
They should just let me book already. Let's start a movement:BIG SLIM FOR TNA BOOKER 2011!!!

Lock Jaw
02-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Somebody update this for me.

Dunno if this is right, and too lazy to check it up. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

I think Abyss continued to be a heel saying that "they" were coming, and beat up Hulk Hogan, RVD, and Jeff Hardy several times. "They" was then revealed to be Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, and Jeff Jarrett, who are now allies of Abyss and all heel.

This new faction is called Immortal or something like that. Hardy wins title, makes it into a a gay looking custom belt. Immortal allies with Fourtune.

Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner and some dude named Crimson fight Immortal and Fourtune for weeks, and promise that "They" are coming.

"They" is revealed as Fourtune, who are now allied with Angle, Steiner and Crimson and are all faces against Immortal.

MoFo
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, this noob called Crimson beat the shit out of AJ Styles, saying 'they' were coming.

AJ Styles came out two weeks later and said he was 'they'.

You'd think they'd get it right the second time.

Swiss Ultimate
02-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Sounds pretty bad...

CSL
02-20-2011, 05:00 PM
The way Styles, Roode, Storm and Kazarian were revealed as 'they' was fine, it was tidily done. The way they explained using 'they' again was fine also. It should just never have been 'built' to the level it was before, like something major was going to happen. Immortal suffered from it also, Flair, Bisch, the Hardys and some jobbers aren't very threatening against Fourtune or Angle's 'group' but they're pretty much the top heels in TNA. All of that said, Hardy, Kennedy, Pope/Burke (despite him being booked like shit recently) and others are more interesting in TNA than they've ever been anywhere else.

TNA constantly make progress then do something stupid, reset things, start again, make progress, do something stupid and so on. Frustrating. If they were being run by somebody that had a clue and was in it strictly to better TNA, they would probably have the best overall product around.

Swiss Ultimate
02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Like in 2008?

CSL
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Like forever. They'll get there one day. Either that or just go out of business.