PDA

View Full Version : Heels you ACTUALLY don't like

rated rjo
08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Are there any guys / divas that are billed as heels that you don't like because they are heel characters; thus, supposed to hate them? Whenever I watch RAW or SD, I find myself liking all the heel characters because they are generally badass. Is there anyone besides kids who actually hates heels because they are meant to be "the bad guys."

So far, only heel that I can come up with that I actually can't stand is Michael Cole.

Vickie might be a close second.

After that, guys like Punk, Edge, Jericho, Barrett, and The Miz - I just can't hate them. They're too good at what they do.

Swiss Ultimate
08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
X-Pac

VSG
08-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Used to hate JBL and The Coach.. Pretty ignorant of me.

Swiss Ultimate
08-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Love without the existence of hate wouldn't be as special VSG.

whiteyford
08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
X-Pac

1st one that came to mind too.

VSG
08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Lol.. Is that the morgue talking?

Swiss Ultimate
08-28-2010, 05:34 PM
If it was the morgue talking I think I'd have said Chris Benoit.

dablackguy
08-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Agree with TC - Michael Cole - he doesn't come across as a heel, just obnoxious. Especially the Daniel Bryan hate, which doesn't come across as heelish. It just sounds like a grown man being a whiny cunt.

"Well when has he been in the main event/headlined wrestemania"

When have you, Cole?

Ultra Mantis
08-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Drew McIntyre. I just find him so boring. Usually just skip his segments though unless he's going against somebody worth watching.

Anybody Thrilla
08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
David Otunga

Next Big Thing
08-28-2010, 06:45 PM
David Otunga

Dude does look out of place. He's not a very menacing heel either, especially once he speaks.

Honestly, I really don't like Edge. He's talented, but the fact that he's a piece of shit personally, and his character evolved from that, makes me despise the character.

I have mixed feelings for Michael Cole. On NXT, he's good as a heel. On Raw it comes off forced as hell.

XCaliber
08-28-2010, 07:24 PM
JBL is definetly one of them for me.

MoFo
08-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler.

Domino
08-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I actually like heel Michael Cole. I think it's hilarious when the e-mails come now and he blatantly exaggerates saying his "I've just received an e-mail" phrase. It's better with a face/heel commentary, except with Striker/Grisham. Both of them need to go.

I hate Vickie. I wonder sometimes if the only reason she has a job is because of Eddie's death, because she is god-awful on screen, and not in a good heel way.

Stickman
08-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I hate Edge as a face or heel.

Destro 2.0
08-28-2010, 08:04 PM
The Miz
David Otunga
Orlando Jordan
JBL
Micheal Cole
Vickie Guerro
Drew Mcintyre
The Nasty Boys
Bubba Ray Dudley because he is backstabbing suck up
X-Pac

Wishbone
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
'Dashing' Cody Rhodes every time one of his beauty segments comes on I just wanna buy a plane ticket to his home town and kick him square in the pussy

Emperor Smeat
08-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Swagger although I did laugh the time he dragged Rey across the arena.
Chris Masters
Vickie Guerrero
Micheal Cole mostly because he doesn't go full heel unless its for a specific wrestler while staying as a face for RAW.

Anybody Thrilla
08-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Did you know that Chris Masters is currently a face?

Triple Naitch
08-28-2010, 09:14 PM
The Usos are the closest thing to getting "X-Pac Heat" that I've seen in a long time.

Emperor Smeat
08-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you know that Chris Masters is currently a face?

Yeah but as a heel I didn't like him.

treyace
08-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Random 3 Count Moment

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BzNvcfmSgDw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BzNvcfmSgDw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Pope
08-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Miz

YoungFlyFlashy
08-28-2010, 09:43 PM
AJ Styles. Just does not fit the bill for him sorry.

The Pope
08-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I think he pays his bills.

Furious Beardsley
08-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Michael Cole...just in general I cannot stand him. He's just a whiny bitch.

Sidenote:
But what does that make us for complaining constantly about him?:wtf:

Xero
08-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Vickie is honestly the only one I can think of.

BizarroKing
08-28-2010, 10:16 PM
When Vickie is on screen I hit the mute button. Although it is nice of WWE to give her a job. Also, she did leave at one point...

Snowden
08-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Jillian Hall. Her singer gimmick has been stale for years now.

Bad Company
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Sheamus, is he a heel?

Johnny McNasty
08-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Vickie is incredible. During her GM run, she would get some of the biggest heat every night.

Do agree with everyone saying Drew. I can't get into him at all.

Anybody Thrilla
08-29-2010, 08:50 AM
I used to not like Drew, but somehow, he grew on me. I enjoy him quite a bit now.

AJ
08-29-2010, 09:10 AM
John Cena...:shifty:

On the real though, the reason I started watching wrestling again was Nexus...they were a great heel stable in my opinion. From what I've seen in the past couple of weeks, there aren't really any heels that I don't "ACTUALLY don't like."

Mooияakeя™
08-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Probably too many to mention. But off the top of my head:

X-Pac
AJ (as heel, he is fucking terrible)
Michael Cole (he gets booed to fuck and I hate him, so he counts)

The Pope
08-29-2010, 10:15 AM
I like Drew because he kinda wrestles "old-school".

Ultra Mantis
08-29-2010, 10:23 AM
The Usos are the closest thing to getting "X-Pac Heat" that I've seen in a long time.

Actually forgot those guys existed until this post.

Kane Knight
08-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Miz and Edge suck. It has nothing to do with their heel status. Face Edge has no depth either, and I have roughly the same problem with the Miz. I get that the IWC by and large loves douches, no matter how shitty, so I'm gonna catch flak, but simply being a twat isn't enough to make me enjoy a wrestler.

Vicky is irritating but utterly forgettable, evidenced by the fact that this thread reminded me of her. I'm betting people expected me to list CM Punk, but I'm closer to ambivalence towards him. I hate the fellatio he gets from the smarks, but I really don't care much about him. He's a solid wrestler whose promos do absolutely nothing for me, face or heel.

Cole I don't normally give a shit about, either. Him getting booed for his contribution to the special "secret GM" makes me laugh more than anything else.

And Sheamus is a heel, but he certainly seems to qualify for a more "Magnificent bastard" style of heat.

The Pope
08-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I only liked Edge as a face back in 2002

bigslimjj
08-29-2010, 02:30 PM
I can't stand swagger at all. Laycool makes me wanna die. Cole is my least favorite announcer of all time,even worse then Adamle. I hated him as well, but the mess ups made it funny at least.

My Final Heaven
08-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Edge for all of the reasons KK said. He's fucking terrible.

Michelle McCool cuz she's a big, fat 0 across the board. 0 charisma, 0 in-ring skill, all ZERO. That "Piggy James" BS is what happens when TV writers say "O NOES! WE NEED TO GET HER OVER NAO, WHAT = INSTANT HEEL HEAT?"
and her garbled Florida accent makes me go :wtf: at half her promos.

Jerry Lawler is awful when he's heeling it up. Remember his commentary during Evolution's run? ugh.

Did X-Pac ever do anything to establish his heel status besides scream & point at his crotch? When I think about it, that's all he did when he was trying to be a face too... :shifty:

george
08-30-2010, 12:47 AM
I hate HHH when he's a heel. He bores the hell out of me. I hate Vickie Guerro always.

Schlomey
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Matt Hardy's heel runs & honestly Luke Gallows has gotten so fucking lame.

Ruien
08-30-2010, 01:40 AM
I believe people are not understanding the question. People are saying heels because they were just terrible. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but isn't it who do you hate because of their character, not how good they play them?

Anyways, every Anti-American person.

SES, because who likes those types of people.

Stone Cold signing days.

Kurt Angle suck up to Vince days.

Mr. Nerfect
08-30-2010, 08:51 AM
This is hard. To be honest, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes comes close. And he's not terrible. I quite enjoy his work, and I like him better than Ted DiBiase, generally speaking. I just don't like the character. Not that I'm a mark that buys into it, but it is just so...flat. At one stage I was hoping for a Cody Rhodes push, and now I sort of want him to lose all his matches.

Edge comes close, too. Superbly talented man, and when he's white-hot he is white-hot, but he hasn't been white-hot since long before WrestleMania. I've honestly stopped caring about him. It's not that he's bad, so I'm just going to blame it on the character boring me.

Michelle McCool is an interesting one, and that I think qualifies for this. I love Layla, but McCool is easily more talented than her. McCool is actually quite a steady ring hand (not as good as Beth Phoenix or Natalya, but probably the next best female wrestler they have), but she gets no credit for it from us. People just don't like her.

Drew McIntyre is a guy that I love, but a lot of the criticisms I seem to read of him actually seem to buy into his character a bit much. About how he gets everything handed to him and shit. McIntyre apparently started training for the business when he was 15. That's 10 years ago. He signed with the WWE in around 2007. He actually appeared on WWE TV as a roster member of both RAW and SmackDown! during this time, working as both a face and a heel, I believe. That's a three-year relationship with the WWE. Not the longest, granted, but people actually seem to sell the criticism that McIntyre is actually brand new to the scene and hasn't had to work hard for his push. He's tried and failed before, and worked out what does and doesn't work the hard way.

Plus, people seem to overlook his ring skills. I find the guy quite enjoyable. To each his own, I guess. But sometimes McIntyre has the match of the night (I remember occasions with Kofi Kingston and Christian). His match this past week on Superstars with Chris Masters was actually really good, too. Chris fucking Masters. Now, I also like Masters, and felt he has come so far, but it's not like McIntyre only works well with IWC darlings.

M-A-G
08-31-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm beyond the point of cheering faces or booing heels. I just try to enjoy the show.

D Mac
08-31-2010, 02:16 PM
X-Pac

Brock
08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
drew is the chosen one no doubt about it!

of course cena (if he become heel)

the most boring heel in history of wrestling is SHAD GASPAR he said its his time? so where's he now? LOL!

ministrychick77
08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
laycool and michael cole. these 3 make me wanna punch babies and old ladies. mainly they make me wanna punch the writers... and them.

TannerLittleton
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Miz,McIntryre,LayCool are a few heels I don't like.

rated rjo
09-01-2010, 02:07 AM
I believe people are not understanding the question. People are saying heels because they were just terrible. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but isn't it who do you hate because of their character, not how good they play them?

Nail on the head. The trouble is that it becomes a sort of grey area between the two when trying to distinguish them.

Most people on this forum, including myself, like heels and not faces.
But we aren't supposed to like the heels, we are supposed to like faces.

Keeping those considerations in mind, I want to know who dislikes heels because you genuinely dislike the character, not the way they play them.
Do you find yourself rooting against wrestlers because they are not meant to be liked?

For example:

I DON'T dislike heel Swagger, I just think he sucks at it.
I DID dislike heel Undertaker during his American Bad Ass days; he just came off as a douchebag, in a good way, that makes you want to see him fail.

Make sense?

DrCrawford
09-01-2010, 12:49 PM
abyss - just a talentless fat shit mankind rip off

Savio
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Sharmel