PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Dudley

AJHayes
08-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Can anyone tell me what gave Bubba the reputation for being backstabbing? I've seen it a few times on this board and I was curious what it was all about.

Xero
08-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I know he's a dick.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 04:23 PM
He is a kiss ass and he will find something on a person and snitch them out just so he can keep getting cool with management. Also, everytime he goes from different company to a new one he talks shit about his former bosses. Also, he is one the reasons Dixie mulled over bringing in Paul Heyman for so long.

bigslimjj
08-29-2010, 06:27 PM
New Jack said in real life he punches like a girl.lol

Domino
08-29-2010, 06:32 PM
I know he's a dick.

To performers and fans.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I also think its pathetic that he only wants to wrestle in gimmick matches.

The Pope
08-29-2010, 07:00 PM
That's not even true.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 07:03 PM
That's not even true.

Well thats about all I see him wrestle in. I don't want to argue over this worthless prick ok. He couldn't cut it in singles so he had to be a in tag team.

I know where your going and don't even start.

The Pope
08-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok, I always thought he was pretty good at singles when he was on RAW. Not great but he had some pretty descent matches there.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Ok, I always thought he was pretty good at singles when he was on RAW. Not great but he had some pretty descent matches there.

You ever hear how Paul London stiffed him for hitting him with a belt? Him going on and on about how he is the greatest tag team ever. I beg to differ.

The Pope
08-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, they may not be the best in terms of talent, but they are in terms of title possessions.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, they may not be the best in terms of talent, but they are in terms of title possessions.

Well I say this they are the best in Gimmick matches. I mean its not hard to get the TNA fans to cheer. But I just can't stand him and as for only wrestling gimmick matches. I do recall them asking specifically in there contracts to wrestle mostly gimmick matches a couple of years ago.

Slammiversary where he wrestled Jesse Neal. Yeah that will put asses in the seats. Also in 2008 when TNA thought about giving each a singles run that could have been a big mistake. I mean Devon is in good shape but Bubba come on he is just not meant for it. Also how Bubba almost broke Chris Sabins neck trying to do the Rock Bottom and just brushed it off like it was nothing. Really just pissed me off as a whole.

FourFifty
08-29-2010, 07:24 PM
New Jack said in real life he punches like a girl.lol

I'm fairly sure, compared to New Jack, most grown men punch like girls.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm fairly sure, compared to New Jack, most grown men punch like girls.

Well I guess after take a huge drop like he has then I guess anyone punching you would feel like a girl hitting you.

Rollerskategirl
08-29-2010, 07:29 PM

This.

Because we al know title possessions are real and talent is scripted.

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 08:06 PM
This.

In the world of Pro wrestling in the right Company those titles are an honor to have. Sure in WWE and TNA belts don't mean shit. But in Japan or Mexico you have to earn the right to were the belt around your waist. By getting it "scripted" on you and bust oyur ass every night to win a crowd over. Its not so easy just to walk out there and win a crowd over.

SOCCER LEGS
08-29-2010, 08:07 PM
i like how everyone speaks on the subject like they know him personally, rather than just bullshit they've read on the internet

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 08:08 PM
i like how everyone speaks on the subject like they know him personally, rather than just bullshit they've read on the internet

I don't know he has a stupid asshole face.

Tazz Dan
08-29-2010, 08:27 PM
In the world of Pro wrestling in the right Company those titles are an honor to have. Sure in WWE and TNA belts don't mean shit. But in Japan or Mexico you have to earn the right to were the belt around your waist. By getting it "scripted" on you and bust oyur ass every night to win a crowd over. Its not so easy just to walk out there and win a crowd over.

Yeah, pretty sure she was refering to WWE and TNA buddy.

AJHayes
08-29-2010, 09:01 PM
I was really trying to give Destro 2.0 another shot act acting like a human.

*sigh*

Destro 2.0
08-29-2010, 10:30 PM
I was really trying to give Destro 2.0 another shot act acting like a human.

*sigh*

You know whats good cheesecake.

Shadrick
08-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Bubba is a dick, yes, from personal experience.

Destro 2.0
08-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Bubba is a dick, yes, from personal experience.

Please share the story.....

Shadrick
08-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Please share the story.....

There are too many, but when they were still with the E, I've seen/spoken to him on several occasions and he was a dickhead every time. It was his reputation amongst the locker room as well as management. Only reason him and D-Von stayed as long as they did was because they were one of the few ECW entities that actually made a great transition. The "Meeting wrestlers" thread has a better understanding of why im not just bullshitting i think

Mr. Nerfect
08-30-2010, 09:07 AM
It's all anyone ever really says when they talk about Bubba Ray, though -- "the guy is such a dick." And these are wrestlers we are talking about. Paul London & Brian Kendrick shared some insight into his attitude in their shoot video.

When he and Billy Kidman won the WWE Tag Team Championship, Bubba would try to intimidate him by saying he'd legitimate him him with his finishing move and shit. When Paul would come to the back, Bubba would get a bunch of guys around and make fun of London with some lame pay-out. That sort of stupid bully shit. According to London, I think it was even Bradshaw who came up to him and said "Man, Bubba is such a dick, good on you for handling it well." Bradshaw is another guy who is infamous for being a dick/shower molester.

London proceeded to tell a story about how Bubba did something like stiffed London in the ring, or talked some shit prior to the match, was refusing to sell, or some bullshit like that. London then legitimate knocked Bubba one and as Paul tells it, Bubba flopped out of the ring and just laid on the floor for ages. Then Brian piped in and said "That's what bullies do when you hit them, they pussy out."

I just find it so funny that D-Von is apparently such a darling. It's amazing that two apparent polar personalities can make such a career as a tag team (without ever being able to successfully split).

That being said, I do think Bubba gets a hard time as far as his abilities go. I remember reading this interesting article that was recounting the better moments of TNA one year (both promos and ring work), and they were actually surprised to find that Brother Ray appeared in more than any other. He may not be the best worker in the world, but he's a damn solid promo and when called upon knows how to craft an entertaining match. Regardless of if he punches like a girl and is a complete dick.

This.

Regardless of how you feel about their in-ring talents, The Dudley Boyz have made far more money and far bigger names for themselves than Paul London & Billy Kidman ever did as a tag team. Yeah, it's scripted, but to get a push you need to be doing something right (or dirty).

Triple H may not be the best wrestler of all-time, but he's won more WWE Championships than anyone else in history for a reason. Whether you want to chalk it up to politics, longetivity perpetuating his legacy or whatever. The Dudleys, while never being one of my favourite teams, have been so important. Perhaps Bubba is a mark for himself, and that's sad, but when you're speaking in terms of kayfabe, or tag teams that take the gate, The Dudleys have to be up there pretty high on both levels.

Part of me actually hopes that they leave TNA when their contracts are up soon, and they do actually return to the WWE. Tag team wrestling in the WWE could use a boost, and The Dudleys carry with them fan recognition and enough built-in credibility to really put some guys over. Plus, they do actually know how to work a match, and I bet working with talents such as The Hart Dynasty, they can put on some legitimately entertaining tag team matches.

The Pope
08-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Sure in WWE and TNA belts don't mean shit. But in Japan or Mexico you have to earn the right to were the belt around your waist.

I disagree with you on this one... I think they've only had the TNA titles only once. And the Mexico titles don't mean crap, they once had like 3 different tag titles in AAA (not sure about CMLL). You are right about Japan.