PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER Wrestling Death

KayfabeMan
08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
The news has just been reported that JC Bailey was found dead this morning, at 26 years old with his birthday only days ago.

Professionally, Bailey was a former CZW Ultraviolent Underground Champion, CZW Tag Team Champion 3 times IWA Mid-South Light Heavyweight Championship and 2010 King Of The Death Matches 2010

from PWBTS.com

The Pope
08-30-2010, 11:13 AM
CZW sucks... but too bad that guy died.

Anybody Thrilla
08-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Who?

The Pope
08-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Who?

Exactly

Chavo Classic
08-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Yet ANOTHER "wrestler" death

RIP though. 26 is too young

TazFTW86
08-30-2010, 12:15 PM
damn that sux, startin to think i shouldn't bother chasing my childhood dream now, lol

Anybody Thrilla
08-30-2010, 01:20 PM
No, you definitely should.

Nark Order
08-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Can't imagine why a guy that gets hit with lightbulbs and razor wire for a living in a backyard is dead. Mind boggling.

Swiss Ultimate
08-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Again, the sentiment here is clear. Nobody wants these guys to die but, for Christ's sake, look at CZW. It's an environment that condones heavy drug use and the kind of wrestling that leaves guys in their twenties crippled.

Luna dying was sad and slightly surprising, conversely I'm surprised that Zandig is even still alive, same for Sick Nick and Necro Butcher.

Destro 2.0
08-30-2010, 01:31 PM
That sucks I was fan of his damn that sucks ass.

FourFifty
08-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I bet you were also crying when ECW legend Mass Transit passed away.

While it does suck that a 26 year old died I would be hard pressed to say a wrestler died.

Rammsteinmad
08-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, R.I.P. but pretty much the same opinion as everyone else.

Destro 2.0
08-30-2010, 04:59 PM

While it does suck that a 26 year old died I would be hard pressed to say a wrestler died.

No I didn't and that is rude to say. I do enjoy CZW let the flaming begin. But I don't come on here and say its the best thing ever. I like to explore all my options.

Next Big Thing
08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Yet ANOTHER "wrestler" death

RIP though. 26 is too young

I found myself saying that's fucked up with a big ass smile on my face when I saw the word wrestler in quotations.

I agree with most posters in that, while death is nothing to make light of, I find it hard to feel as sad for someone who wrestled and died in their 60's or 70's like Akbar or someone like this guy who willingly participated in a company that pretty guaranteed he'd be maimed, crippled or dead before 30.

Lance Cade is a wrestling tragedy.... this guy... not so much.

Destro 2.0
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I found myself saying that's fucked up with a big ass smile on my face when I saw the word wrestler in quotations.

I agree with most posters in that, while death is nothing to make light of, I find it hard to feel as sad for someone who wrestled and died in their 60's or 70's like Akbar or someone like this guy who willingly participated in a company that pretty guaranteed he'd be maimed, crippled or dead before 30.

Lance Cade is a wrestling tragedy.... this guy... not so much.

Umm actually he could wrestle CZW is just all light tubes. Most of the undercard is pure wrestling.

Razzamajazz
08-30-2010, 06:10 PM

it would be tragic if it was wrestling related, but he was just too fat.

FourFifty
08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
it would be tragic if it was wrestling related, but he was just too fat.

Razzy, you have inspired this quote...

"Unless they are physically taking drugs in the ring then any drugged up wrestler, like Test, Benoit, Umaga, etc, had a drug related death, not a wrestling related death."

The loss of anyone is heartbreaking to the friends and family. I am by no means making light of children losing their fathers, friends losing one another, father's losing sons, or any sort of relationship. What I am making light of is how CZW is even considered note worthy in the industry. It's everything that was bad about ECW, and without the cult following to boot. Any random CZW wrestler who died from drug use is just another junkie on the street who lost their way, and not a wrestler.

Rest in peace, whoever you are. I'm sure in the ring you touched people by throwing chairs at flaming barbed wire covered tables, with broken glass and rock salt. As a wrestler, I feel nothing for you. As a person, my heart breaks a little because of the loved ones you may have left behind. I just hope your passing serves as a warning to other people in CZW to leave that company and either find a new job or go into a place where wrestling is respected.

Rammsteinmad
08-30-2010, 07:03 PM
'CZW Ultraviolent Underground Champion'.

That must be something to be really proud of.

Next Big Thing
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
'CZW Ultraviolent Underground Champion'.

That must be something to be really proud of.

I was going to say the same thing, but I thought it would be too soon.

Anybody Thrilla
08-30-2010, 08:46 PM
So how did he even die?

Furious Beardsley
08-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I enjoy CZW...not on a fanatic level. But sometimes it is just fun to turn my brain off and watch people beat other in the deathmatches. Not all of CZW is the ultraviolent stuff, they do have a lot of wrestling.

If you look at their title history, Chris Hero and Yoshohiro Tajiri have been heavyweight champs. The Briscoe Brothers, and Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were tag champs. Sonjay Dutt, Mike Quackenbush and Alex Shelly were Jr. Heavyweight champs.

They've had plenty of talent compete in that ring. Sure any indy can say that (most of the time), but still.