PDA

View Full Version : All Major Titles being Unified?

Snowden
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
From the front page:

– Creative plans as of Monday night was for WWE to unify all of its championships within the next year. There would be one World Championship, one Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and one Women’s title. It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year’s WrestleMania.

Now I have no idea where this information came from, or if its actually true...but if that's the case, then this is pretty gigantic news.

Personally, I don't like this. I think having one title per brand allows more people to rise to the top, and it allows for more storyline possibilities. Plus, the issue arises that the champion has to carry on multiple feuds at once and work a double schedule...or not show up on Smackdown. I currently like the title environment the way it is...unify the womens and tag titles, but keep the IC/US and World Titles seperate.

Hanso Amore
08-31-2010, 11:48 AM
I am on the opposite side. Having titles on every show dilutes the idea of being an elite champion and just waters down the whole process. SHit, we have Pay Per views that rarely see most of these titles defended. By having a Major title, a Mid Level and tag titles, we will see more guys pushed into the tag ranks like the attitude era, and will elevate the IC title and the holder.

Droford
08-31-2010, 11:48 AM
I have a feeling the brand extension is coming to an end with the move of SD to SyFy sooner than later.

Oh and I guess we can say good bye to the <del>good ol days</del> US title, they'd never ditch the IC Title for the US Title.

george
08-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I completely agree.

Unless the brands are going to completely go away and Smackdown! wrestlers can wrestle on Raw and vice versa, having one belt between the two is going to suck. Unless they keep the WWE/World Title on Raw and the IC/US belt on Smackdown! and have Smackdown!'s big belt just be the IC/US... but I'm not sure if I can see that happening, and even if it does then that still means there's less opportunities for everyone.

BizarroKing
08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
I am indifferent about this. I think having A top title and secondary title on each show gives everyone more chances to be a champion. So just keep separate titles

As for the women's title, unify them and be done with it. Tag titles are already unified and such.

BigDaddyCool
08-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Don't they do this every few years? Condense all the titles because there are too many, then realize there aren't enough titles so they reactive titles so they have too many again?

VSG
08-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Damn there are way too many wrestlers to have just 4 titles.

thedamndest
08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
I would like to see them keep the IC and US belts. It would give those champions a chance to main event Raw and SD if the world champ is feuding on the other show.

VSG
08-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Suddenly I am reminded of the invasion era and all the stupid unifications. In any case the unification of the big 2 is a worthy Wrestlemania main event.

Savio
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
I hope the brand split ends. If not unify everything except IC and US.

BigDaddyCool
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm all for a unified mainevent title and then us and ic can be the raw and smackdown top title.

parkmania
08-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Unify the US and IC titles, make it exclusive to Raw, and bring back the Cruiserweight title to Smackdown.

The Show Off
08-31-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm a big fan of this news. Unifying the titles will make world title matches more special and will force the WWE to write actual feuds for their other wrestlers. It's so easy now that the writers have gotten complacent. If say they want two wrestlers to wrestler they just have wrestler A want a shot at the title and wrestler B gives it to him with little personal drama between them.

It'll also stem the tide of all these title reigns such as Edge and John Cena both having close to 10 title reigns in 4 years. It'll help world title matches seem more epic. And without two world titles and two secondary titles to book you can actually focus on bringing wrestlers along, that aren't quite ready. I think doing this makes the WWE less cluttered and allows writers the chance to really write feuds rather than have silly title chases.

I think it's a great move but I'm skeptical of whether it'll happen or not.

bigslimjj
08-31-2010, 12:02 PM
I like it.

DrCrawford
08-31-2010, 12:03 PM
i dont think its a good idea to unify all of them. definitely unify the womens title because there aren't a lot and i dont care for diva's wrestling at all. and the tag titles needed it because there weren't a lot of competitors. but the IC/US and world/WWE titles need to stay. the world title is like a minor title anyway. it gives more exposure to wrestlers. also, the US belt needs to be used and not just as a shoulder piece for the miz.

Droford
08-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Unify the US and IC titles, make it exclusive to Raw, and bring back the Cruiserweight title to Smackdown.

Rey Mysterio vs Evan Bourne vs Justin Gabriel!

Match of the decade

Suddenly I am reminded of the invasion era and all the stupid unifications. In any case the unification of the big 2 is a worthy Wrestlemania main event.

They should do a Mini Tourney like they did at Vengeance when Jericho won.

Have both champs wrestle seperate matches early on and then the winners
face each other in the Main Event. Only problem would be that the Rumble winner wouldn't necessarily get the "Main Event at Wrestlemania" but they'd get the title shot and the opportunity if they won.

then the Miz could cash in on whoever wins (after having been through 2 grueling matches!) and become the New Undisputed Unified Champion..

That would be Awesome...or not..

BizarroKing
08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
And that's another thing, if the titles are unified, then I would think they would start getting rid of wrestlers, and I don't mean just the lower tier, the mid tier too.

Haze
08-31-2010, 12:15 PM
It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year’s WrestleMania.

Looks like this years Rumble winner is going to get the shaft big time.

VSG
08-31-2010, 12:20 PM
I will admit though that I will love to see another version of this:

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/powertrip_37937.jpg

Snowden
08-31-2010, 12:20 PM

Unless they write the storylines around him. Have him take the "Cena" route and cash in his shot at Elimination Chamber...he wins, and he comes out the next night on Raw and says something to the effect of "I won the Rumble, and I won the Elimination Chamber...I'm the best in the world. Now I want to prove it...I want the Smackdown champion at Wrestlemania."

The Pope
08-31-2010, 12:32 PM
They would need to take the brand split off.

TannerLittleton
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think these rumors will come to pass. Too many people on the rosters for just one World and Mid-card champion.

Next Big Thing
08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them make certain titles exclusive to a specific show once the titles are unified.

Let Smackdown have the U.S.; Women's title (with all the legit/capable wrestlers) and Raw have the I.C. and tag team titles with the current heavyweight champion floating between shows.

You can leave the shitty, but hot women wrestlers on Raw for corny skits. I think this is a good move.

It's going to allow the Rumble to go back to being a place where upper mid card guys can get pushed to the top again instead of just being sent to the Smackdown champ if the Raw champ has its own storyline. Plus the money in the bank winner would be able to float on both shows as well which could add some intrigue. They might actually build the women's and tag team division back up as well with one title, especially since TNA's Knockout Division and Tag Divisons have been embarrassing them for awhile...

Wait this is the WWE so never mind.

Innovator
08-31-2010, 12:53 PM
About fucking time

Innovator
08-31-2010, 12:53 PM
taken with a grain of salt of course until Meltzer or PWInsider say so.

Rammsteinmad
08-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Hard to believe the brand split has already been going on for 8 years!!! :eek:

But if this rumour is true, I think they plan on eventually reuniting the rosters. No way will one champion on two shows work.

Hanso Amore
08-31-2010, 12:58 PM
"Havign more titles makes it better for more people to be champion and make it big"

Explain every over wrestler in the 80s and 90s?

There are alot of shit posts in this thread.

Hanso Amore
08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
The WWE feuds and storylines have been character, and not title, driven for the last 5 years. What does a strap matter?

Next Big Thing
08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Sort of off topic, but who are these snitches that report this stuff to the "dirt sheets" and why are they so hard to catch? It would seem as if there are a small number of people who would have access to such information like the unification of all titles so how do they get away with it?

Does anyone know how Vince reacts to leaks like this? I kind of feel like leaks like this are tacitly approved of because it generates excitement and intrigue for the product.

Fox
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Finally.

Both belts have lost considerable amounts of respect since Triple H was given the World Heavyweight title back in 2002. Most of the time I can't even remember who the champions are - they jump around so fucking much; the WWE title especially.

I do think the US and IC titles should stay the way that they are, unless the brand split is ending as well (which it's probably not). The mid-card is way too packed to only have one Intercontinental Champion without the United States championship as well, unless of course they brought back the European or Hardcore titles. Either way, they should bring back the Cruiserweight title and hire some fucking cruiserweights.

I enjoyed the short amount of time when the Undisputed Title was being defended on both Smackdown and RAW by the Undertaker. It really did make Taker look like the top dog in the WWE, which is something we have been sorely lacking for a very long time.

Next Big Thing
08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
And that's another thing, if the titles are unified, then I would think they would start getting rid of wrestlers, and I don't mean just the lower tier, the mid tier too.

I disagree. With Smackdown, Raw, Superstars and WWE trying to add their own network there are plenty of shows for these guys to be on, not to mention Cena needs people to give the STF to at house shows.

Not every character has to chase the straps either.

Snowden
08-31-2010, 01:05 PM
"Havign more titles makes it better for more people to be champion and make it big"

Explain every over wrestler in the 80s and 90s?

There are alot of shit posts in this thread.

Feuds have been character driven, yes, but theres still a certain level of prestige associated with holding the big belt. Considering the youth movement in the WWE, the ability and opportunity for these guys to hold titles does something for their credibility.

Fact of the matter is that the brand split does exist and the roster is pretty damn big...to establish, and to maintain, the main event talent, having a "top" title on each show makes sense.

Just because you don't agree w/ the viewpoint doesn't make them shit posts. Civility would be appreciated cap.

dronepool
08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I like the news but I'm not sure how it'll work with over 8 usual competitors for the title.

Furious Beardsley
08-31-2010, 01:11 PM
having one belt between the two is going to suck.

That's how it was before they acquired WCW. They had one major belt for the entire company, along with the IC title, Tag Team, and Women's. They had the Light Heavyweight title for awhile as well.

But all the talent was working most shows.

With them going back to one roster instead of doing the draft every year, would allow for more feuds, like some have said, and require the writers to actually think. New tag teams could be formed with a single roster. The storylines could actually have some build-up again to the next pay-per-view.

All that said, I am for a unification of the WWE/WHC titles. Leave the IC and US belts alone, the tag belt merger was good, and merging the 2 women's titles is good, because the Diva's belt is ugly as all hell anyways, well they both are, but that's beside the point.

Getting rid of the brand split could be a rebirth of WWE that we are looking for it to be highly enjoyable and a little less predictable again. With new stars being forced to be created.

On the other side it could screw things up even worse if it overwhelms the creative team...it could into a much larger TNA with all this talent and no clue what do with it. Which isn't far from how it is now, where they push the same 4-5 guys and don't touch the mid-carders.

Evil Vito
08-31-2010, 01:15 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'd support the idea of a floating World champion, gives the promotion a clear #1 guy. Then again, this also means that guys who may win or HAVE won the the WWE or World Heavyweight Title under the current setup (Swagger, Barrett, Kingston, Christian, among others) may never get that chance. WWE knows it needs to create new stars but I can't help but imagine that the belt would stay around the currently established main eventers.

IC and US Titles should stay separate....but then again you run into the same problem. if the floating champion is, say, Cena...and Cena is feuding with Undertaker on SmackDown. What do Orton, Edge, etc. have to fight for? The US Title. It'd make the secondary belts look like a bigger deal but then you'd still have the same problem of trying to get the midcarders stepped up the card.

And no fucking way should the brand split end. Right now Raw and SD are two totally different shows. Last thing I want is to see SD stop having good 10+ minute matches every week in favor of more 2 minute squashes with neverending promos and comedy segments.</font>

BizarroKing
08-31-2010, 01:16 PM
I disagree. With Smackdown, Raw, Superstars and WWE trying to add their own network there are plenty of shows for these guys to be on, not to mention Cena needs people to give the STF to at house shows.

Not every character has to chase the straps either.

True but even so I have a feeling some people are still gonna get cut especially if they DO end the brand extension. otherwise it would be a bit of a overabundance.

Savio
08-31-2010, 01:18 PM
The WWE feuds and storylines have been character, and not title, driven for the last 5 years. What does a strap matter?
Although I havent watched regularly for the past 4 years I disagree.

Th3R0CKSays
08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
I pray that this signals the end of the Brand Extension. The Current incarnation of the WWE seriously lacks legit star power, and without stars, how can you seriously go on with the roster being separate. I didn't go to Summerslam this year because it just didn't have that big event feel to it (like last years did) and that really sucks. The lack of star power makes the idea of all of these titles pointless, and it actually cheapens the value of the title, and ultimately waters down the lineage of it (See the United States title.)

This time next year at the latest I predict that we will probably see a unified roster under the guidance of a single director of authority / GM type figure.

El Fangel
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
WHC
IC
US
Hardcore
Tag
Cruiserweight
Womens

They had it right 12 years ago (minus the european, hated that belt)

Furious Beardsley
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
This time next year at the latest I predict that we will probably see a unified roster under the guidance of a single director of authority / GM type figure.

Maybe it's part of the agenda of the anonymous GM.

Favre4Ever
08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
I have a feeling the brand extension is coming to an end with the move of SD to SyFy sooner than later.

Oh and I guess we can say good bye to the <del>good ol days</del> US title, they'd never ditch the IC Title for the US Title.

I think it would be nice if we could say hello to the "good ole' days" of RAW and Smackdown! having the same roster. With guys like HBK, Batista and soon The Undertaker heading out the door with no clear replacements, feuds are going to need to be deeper/have more people involved to be compelling.

Th3R0CKSays
08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Maybe it's part of the agenda of the anonymous GM.

Oh i def believe that. Why else would they have all of this GM secrecy. I just hope they don't blow this whole mystery GM angle and have it turn out to be somebody retarded, like Mike Adamle coming back or something else silly. Ehh who am I kidding, these are WWE writers. Of course they will blow it !

GD
08-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Damn there are way too many wrestlers to have just 4 titles.

It will be a good thing actually since only those who deserve the belts will become Champions.

Furious Beardsley
08-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Whatever the new GM does with the titles and the brands will be shocking and anti-climactic.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/pics/shock5.jpg

M-A-G
08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Unless they're re-integrating the rosters, I'm not too fond of this plan.

Londoner
08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Unless they're re-integrating the rosters, I'm not too fond of this plan.

Mooияakeя™
08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Scratch this idea and get rid of the PG rating.

Triple Naitch
08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm all for unifying the tag and diva belts, dunno about the others though.

Mr. C
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Let RAW have the WWE and United States titles, SmackDown have the World Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles, and the Tag Team and Women's titles with the champions floating between both shows.

Tornado
08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
World Heavyweight Championship
Intercontinental Championship
TV/European Championship and/or Cruiser-Weight Championship
Tag Team Championship
Womans Champioship

teamXtremist
08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
i like it mainly for the world title prestige goes up a bunch

sure dont need two womens and tag belts neways will miss the us title though

BizarroKing
08-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Let RAW have the WWE and United States titles, SmackDown have the World Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles, and the Tag Team and Women's titles with the champions floating between both shows.

This=:y:

Outsider
08-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Too few belts with too many wrestlers won't really work. The roster would have to be cut, which may not be a bad thing anyway depending on how it was done. (ie: don't keep the shite ones)

Ultra Mantis
08-31-2010, 05:26 PM
As long as there is a brand split or a roster as large as there is, unifying all titles is a terrible idea. Leaves way too many guys fighting for nothing and getting even more lost in the shuffle.

Aguakate
08-31-2010, 05:32 PM
That is great. There should only be ONE World Champion, the main title of the Company. Having 2 World Titles, even if you don't notice it, takes away from the mystique of being WORLD CHAMPION.

Downside is that most probably it'll be Cena who wins the unifying match.

BizarroKing
08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
U'Know I'd be happy if they just kept the IC and US titles separate. If they wanna unify the WWE/WHC so badly then fine.

Although I just realized if this brand extension is really ending, this would screw over some PPVs

-Bragging Rights
-Night of Champions (With only 5 titles there'd be no point to it really)
-Money in the Bank

Aguakate
08-31-2010, 05:48 PM
U'Know I'd be happy if they just kept the IC and US titles separate. If they wanna unify the WWE/WHC so badly then fine.

Although I just realized if this brand extension is really ending, this would screw over some PPVs

-Bragging Rights
-Money in the Bank

They'd still have those PPV's.

The only "negative" is that guys like Rey Mysterio, Kane, CM Punk, etc, probably won't get title runs.

CWK
08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
i wonder if they do unify the two World titles if they will come out with a new belt and eliminate the spinner belt. I think they just might considering all the talk of them bringing out a new WWE logo.

Mr. Nerfect
09-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Interesting. It's a change, one way or another -- whether it will be good or bad remains to be seen.

If they keep the brand split, I'd truthfully like to see the IC and US Titles remain separate. You can have one WWE World Heavyweight Champion floating between the two shows, but then you have that "top prize on RAW" and "top prize on SmackDown!." That could really raise the prestige of those titles, too.

It'll also mean that the World Title will probably not be whored around as much, with guys being given the title only if Vince feels they are right to carry the company. Sure, that might mean we'll see the few of the favourites dominate the scene for a while -- but part of me misses the days of hoping that Chris Jericho will get that World Title run. Now it can happen pretty much any time. If Christian won the WWE World Heavyweight Title, as opposed to a brand-specific World Title, then it would arguably mean so much more. It's, of course, a lot less likely to happen, though.

There's also the possibility of other titles being created during this era of brand-floating championships. With a great emphasis on younger guys being the WWE's focus right now, I could easily see some sort of championship for guys under 30. That would mean that young guys would be in that division, instead of neccessarily being pushed into the main event too fast. This also gives the younger guys something to feud over, rather than the Intercontinental Championship, which might be contested between two veteran performers not in the main event at that point in time.

Jeritron
09-01-2010, 02:08 AM
I was thrilled that they unified the tag belts, just as I am that they're unifying the women's belts.

So this news is pretty great, I think. Unifying the world titles will be a good move.
I think they could get away with keeping both the US and IC titles though. Especially with the loaded midcard they have.

Jeritron
09-01-2010, 02:11 AM

Not if the Rumble is for one of the world titles, like in 92. I've wanted that to happen again for the longest time.

They could easily have the Rumble be for the World Title, and a shot at the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

rated rjo
09-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Do it, so long as they have one unique title people can vie for. I think its time to bring back the Cruiserweight division. European title seems meaningless right now, and HC title is not very PG. WWE has enough guys to run a small guy division again.

Evan Bourne, Chavo, Jusin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Kaval, JTG, Tyson Kidd, Rey Mysterio, Tatsu, Dudebusters, Mercury, and more NXT people potentially.

Remember, for every IC title, you need a European, Cruiserweight, or Hardcore Title

I'm all for World Heavyweight Title Unification. It will help give this era some of what helped make the Attitude Era great - great feuds and meaningful title reigns.

Favre4Ever
09-01-2010, 03:27 AM
If there's only one World Championship belt then the roster split needs to end, plain and simple.

Jordan
09-01-2010, 04:18 AM
I love this idea, it would make me very happy. I loved the Undisputed WWE Championship, that was so cool to have the champion float around. He'd have a main feud on Smackdown! Then go to Raw and have a smaller feud with lower card workers or boil up his next match.

I think it makes a lot of sense to make this move.

Unifying the US and IC Title is a risky move. One that honestly I think I would be in favor for. I'd say put the IC Title on Raw and The WWE Tag Team Titles on Smackdown! If they really went to work to create a super interesting Tag Team Division that meant something and had good meaning and storyline I think it could be huge for Smackdown! Especially with the move to SyFy. WWE needs to change the production to fit SyFy a little more, and a bold move such as this could be the trick.

However, you could also just keep The US and IC on seperate shows, keep them exclusive and make the Womens, Tag, and World champions float from Smackdown to Raw.

Or of course you can end the brand split which would be a great way to rejuvenate Smackdown! and make Raw more interesting every week, so I think I would be for it.

WWE doesn't have to lose house show business either, they can still run seperate tours with different groups of wrestlers.

Xero
09-01-2010, 06:48 AM
They NEED at least one exclusive title to each brand. As seems to be the general consensus, I'm for this as long as the US and IC titles stay brand-exclusive.

Phenomenal 1
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM

-Bragging Rights
-Money in the Bank

this could be an opportunity for WWE to look at going from maybe a 12 PPV schedule to maybe a 8 PPV a year schedule, placing more emphasis on the storylines and the matches they have to put on PPV. More than likely I can tell you I will confirm that if the plan is indeed to unify all the championships and go back to one world champion, one mid card champion, tag team champions, and a women's champion, the brand extension will end and the roster will be solidified into one unit with all talent working both shows.

With that being said, yes there would have to be a roster shift, with guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Batista, and possibly Triple H not in the near too future, and maybe Jericho all being gone the star power is going to be lackluster to say none to less. You can only have so many fueds and matches with Randy Orton, Cena, Sheamus, and Edge.

With there being a roster shift, it will force WWE creative to have to stop writing vignettes and stupid storyline filler material to cover a 2 hour show and focus on incorporating good feuds with good quality television matches.

The only thing negative to come out of it with the looming end of the brand extension possibly with the title unifications, that means all talent on the roster would be expected to be working both Raw and Smackdown which means more dates per talent every year and more travel expenses for each guy. That being said pay given the way the economy is going to be sparing to say none to less, so alot of talent will more than likely be cut from the midcard through the developmental system. Some guys/gals in the midcard that we are fond of probably won't be employed in the "E" this time next year if the brand extension were to end and with TNA already cutting the fat on its roster, leaves less of a place to work again.

Could also be an opportunity to see a new and 3rd promotion pop up into the mainstream as some of these guys if they can't stay in WWE or land in TNA would mean an explosion of good and useful talent back to regional and indy promotions. Could be a chance for Ring of Honor to springboard into the limelight if they had a chance to get their hands on a Drew Mcyintyre, Evan Bourne, Dolph Ziggler, and other notable midcard talent that they could put over as main event calibur guys.

Either way this potentially leads to more positives than i can see negative.

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
this could be an opportunity for WWE to look at going from maybe a 12 PPV schedule to maybe a 8 PPV a year schedule, placing more emphasis on the storylines and the matches they have to put on PPV.

The WWE cares more about their net income and stock price more than they do storylines and matches for pay per views. No way they're going to reduce their revenue stream by cutting pay per views, although I agree with you that better build ups would be nice.

Xero
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
If they cut down the amount of PPVs they do instead of upping the prices they may actually see an improvement in PPV numbers and more revenue from them.

But they don't even really care about PPV numbers. It's all about TV now, and has been since the beginning of the Monday Night Wars.

tjmidnight420
09-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but I got just two things to say:

1) WWE isn't gonna choose WHC over the bling belt. We're going to have a worthless world title.

2) This means even more superCena for you to eat, because there isn't going to be another world champion.

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but I got just two things to say:

1) WWE isn't gonna choose WHC over the bling belt. We're going to have a worthless world title.

2) This means even more superCena for you to eat, because there isn't going to be another world champion.

This forum has missed you... Don't ever leave us again.

Mr. Nerfect
09-01-2010, 11:37 AM
I figure that they will make new belts for their unified titles. Part of the reason they got new belts for the WWE Tag Team Championship was so that there were new toys to market. As long as the belt looks like something worth having, I will be happy. They'll also probably only have the World Champion work house shows with one brand. For example, if John Cena were the first WWE World Heavyweight Champion of the Universe, he'd probably work RAW house shows as advertised until they could switch him over to working SmackDown! shows.

It also seems that the WWE have been doing more and more mixed house shows as of late. I'm not going to say that means the end of the brand split, but I think they are trying to freshen up that scene a bit. I'd expect the World Champion to have a house show schedule where he mixes it in with both brands (although not every week).

No, I do not believe that the brand split will be ending officially anytime soon, but with a lot of their bigger name stars retiring or winding down (how much longer does The Undertaker, Kane, Edge or even Triple H really have?), having a unified roster would definitely take some of that pressure off. Especially since being a champion would mean more, meaning those titles could really elevate guys (something I don't feel they do as well now, since everyone seems to get a title run of some sort -- unless your name is Chris Masters).

I never really got the whole "the brand split ending means half the roster will go" arguement. They will still need talent to take up the same amount of time on both shows. With some big names probably doing double-duty each week, there will be fewer spots to fill, but as someone said, that could just mean the end of pointless segments (wishful thinking?) or a few of the lower card guys going to waste get sent back to developmental where they hopefully just get better, or being released, which sucks from the WWE's perspective, but from a wrestling fan's perspective, it does give some bigger names to the independent scene.

DAMN iNATOR
09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm all for having an Undisputed WWE Champion again, along with the Intercontinental, new WWE Tag Team Championships and Women's Championships as the only 4 titles in WWE. With the brand split and like 7 different titles, there's just so damn many to keep track of, and a lot of the titles, especially the World Heavyweight Championship and the WWE Championship just change hands so damn fast these days that the titles, and even the competition for the titles seems watered-down and stale.

Would also love to see WWE's 8 1/2 year Brand Extension come to an end, have it be like the old days where the Undisputed Champion could defend the title on both brands, only this time, apply it to all 4 remaining titles.

XCaliber
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Was never a fan of the brand split in the first place it was all a ploy for WWE to rake in more cash and make bigger stars out of guys who never should have been the first place. In fact if it's possible in SVR 2011's WWE Universe mode I will do this myself let's face it the ratio of Superstars to belts is too high the NOC PPV pretty much proves this and makes them nothing more than a mere prop. The only belt I would keep is the US title since there is a lot of midcard talent and would simply take the place of the now defunct European Championship end rant.

Perry Saturn
09-10-2010, 02:13 AM
The only problem with unifying is deciding on what title and/or name to keep

like if the IC and US title unify..again which will they keep