PDA

View Full Version : NXT Season 3 *theme spoiler*

Schlomey
09-01-2010, 01:51 AM
So it looks like season 3 is going All-Diva. Who's going to watch this?

VSG
09-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I can't stop now.

Favre4Ever
09-01-2010, 02:04 AM
i'm out

Storer50
09-01-2010, 02:53 AM
I am mildly excited I guess, although Aloisia looks like she has a twig and berries. A couple of these women have actually have muscles :)

Rammsteinmad
09-01-2010, 04:04 AM
I can barely sit through a five minute Diva section on Raw or Smackdown.

dronepool
09-01-2010, 04:38 AM
I can barely sit through a five minute Diva section on Raw or Smackdown.

TazFTW86
09-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Goldust vs Aloisia...who wins this 1??

EDWARD
09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I'll watch the first episode, and if it catches on to me, then I might stick around. Who knows? Maybe these are the divas that can turn the current women's division around.

Cuse8
09-01-2010, 08:43 AM
no point in watching bc I think its safe to say everyone knows already whos going to win this one..Aloisia

Ermaximus
09-01-2010, 08:56 AM
AJ Lee wins.

Evil Vito
09-01-2010, 09:16 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'll watch for 3 reasons:

1. I'm in love with AJ Lee
2. Aloisha destroying people
3. Goldust as a Pro</font>

Innovator
09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Hopefully they just have Primo and Golddust wrestle every week.

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
I like AJ Lee a lot. I think we'll also see a lot of mixed tag team matches. I might tune in every so often.

Ermaximus
09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Safe to say this season of NXT was just thrown together. I honestly see AJ Lee winning this and Aloisa being kept regardless because of her size. Why they're doing this is still beyond me, but I'm guessing it's to get a few more divas to balance out the already lacking division?

VSG
09-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Well I guess its because they need to fill in 4 weeks of new action and this fit the bill.

RP
09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Lol if they go all Diva, then WWE should just close down. If the writing is that bad and the the people approving the idea's are even worse....

Have fun with that.

Ermaximus
09-01-2010, 10:12 AM
To be honest, if they wanted 4 weeks of action, just put Tyler Black, Mason Ryan, Brett Dibiase, and Steamboat's kid out there and let them go for 4 weeks.

Schlomey
09-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll try it out but I doubt I'll stick around.

VSG
09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
No way they were going to introduce those 4 for this "'filler" season. Besides, Tyler Black needs to be ready for WWE TV and he definitely won't be right now.

EDWARD
09-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Aren't Dibiase and Steamboat still injured anyway?

J Dogg Funk
09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow is AJ is Smoking hot.

But I have a question - is it just me, or is there something off about Jaime Keyes - She looks Hot, but something seems to be off about her look - cant put my finger on it.

VSG
09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
She has defined muscle tone.

Mooияakeя™
09-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Aloisha WWE champ before the year is out.

Mr. Nerfect
09-01-2010, 11:24 AM
The WWE are doing this for ratings and such. I'm curious to see if any of these girls are actually good. AJ Lee can apparently wrestle, and this 6'9 chick will be an "attraction" (in the same way The Great Khali was). But then again, some of these girls probably need more time and will drop the ball.

One thing I am curious about, is Primo as a Pro in this thing. I like Primo, and they've paired him with a girl who will probably be one of the more likable performers on the show. It'll be interesting to see if this is used to give him a character or whatever. I hope they don't have him get destroyed by Aksana, Aloisa and his own rookie each week, though.

The best two things I can see coming out of this are:

1. If the fans react positvely to the girls who can actually do shit, then it might encourage them to treat their female talents like actually talents. This could be good for the WWE, especially if it gets girls like Gail Kim and Natalya more prominently featured (why they are not Pros on this instead of The Bella Twins and Alicia Fox is beyond me).

2. It freshens up the concept of male contestants on the show, and the fourth season has a bit more oomph behind it than the second one (which had overall better rookies, in my opinion, but just didn't know where to go).

To be honest, I feel that the Pro choices are a little bit off. Making it "all female" is a bit dodgy, too. Perhaps they could have gone with a male and female Pro for each? That way, if things with the girls go sour, they can have the male Pros go in there and go to bat for their girls. It could have been good for the character development of some of the female Pros, too.

-Chris Masters & Eve Torres could have reunited to mentor someone, drawing on their past relationship to work well together as Pros.

-Zack Ryder & Rosa Mendes could have done the same. Given that Rosa is trying to "get in shape" herself because LayCool have been hassling her, this could have led to a natural rivalry between their girl and LayCool's.

-Vickie Guerrero could have assigned LayCool and Dolph Ziggler to mentor whoever she got. If it were AJ Lee, this could have led to her turning face and going after LayCool herself.

-Natalya and The Hart Dynasty could have worked with a girl, and The Usos and Tamina could do the same, leading to tag team division development, as well as playing off the rivaly of Natalya & Tamina.

-I understand why they want Kelly Kelly on this show (my thinking is that they equal hot girls to ratings), and she's been linked with Big Show on SmackDown! recently. Show on NXT could have popped its rating a bit by giving it a former World Champion.

-Gail Kim could have been paired with any male star. Perhaps Goldust, since he is always entertaining. Kim & Goldust's relationship alone would be fairly interesting.

-Santino Marella has sort of been given this "quasi-gimmick" where he is somehow successful with the ladies. It'd be so very entertaining to see him hitting on both his co-Pro and rookie, potentially even leading to tension between those girls. He could have been partnered with a girl someone people don't yet take seriously -- or he could have been given Tamina, which would eliminate The Usos on NXT, but could spill over to developments on RAW.

-Ted DiBiase & Maryse working together seems natural, as does John Morrison & Melina -- reuniting that couple, and giving Morrison something to do.

They could have run with the following teams:

Chris Masters & Eve Torres mentoring Aksana
Dolph Ziggler & LayCool mentoring AJ Lee
Goldust & Gail Kim mentoring some girl
John Morrison & Melina mentoring Naomi Night
Santino Marella & Tamina mentoring Maxine
Ted DiBiase & Maryse mentoring Aloisa
Tyson Kidd & Natalya mentoring perhaps Sexy Star (with a WWE ring name)
Zack Ryder & Rosa Mendes mentoring Jamie Keyes

There's plenty of drama in there, and most of the time the guys don't even need to do anything except filler.

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I feel like they're setting this show up to fail and thus justify them turning the Divas division into nothing more than a tits and ass show.

The Divas on the main roster can't put together a decent match and you expect these girls from Development to carry a show for six weeks??

Outside of AJ Lee and the sassy black chick, none of these girls have the in ring skills. The mic work on their obviously taped and rehearsed segments was still shitty (with the exception of AJ and Jaime) and since it's PG we won't even get to see them doing the sexy shit they used to do on the Diva Search so there goes most of your male audience minus the fans who just simply love wrestling.

Why they wouldn't have the 4 top divas and 4 top male competitors on the show is beyond me. You could have done so much more with pairings, competitions, mixed tag matches and backstage interactions and offered something for everyone.

Even the pros they put on the show are the weakest yet. Outside of Goldust, who in my opinion is a lot like Regal in that they're better in every category than most on the roster but don't get the respect they deserve, and Vickie who I don't mind and will draw good heat, you have Kelly Kelly, The Bellas, Primo, and Alicia Fox. When was the last time anyone gave a fuck about those four?

This is going to be a train wreck and I feel bad that AJ has to be a part of it.

bigslimjj
09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I watched the FCW 100th episode last night and it was A.J. Lee vs Naomi(I moan backwards).Those chicks tore it up.It was the best divas match I've seen in a while.This may be an ok season even with the girls. Also FCW does the GM thing with the lights going on and off. But the emails are from "WWE headquarters."lol

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
They're obviously doing this because Hunter doesn't have the testicular fortitude to conceive a male and therefore realize that in order for his legacy to continue there will need to be a strong divas division for his girls to run roughshod through. These women are the foundation for Heather Hearst Helmsley.

XCaliber
09-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Can't pretty much call it now that AJ Lee is gonna win it I really get the same vibe from her that I got from Ashley M. from the 2nd Diva Search and as for Aloisia i'd say she's more imposing than Eli Cottonwood already.

DAMN iNATOR
09-01-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm intrigued by this Aloisia girl. I think I'll give Season 3 at least a week before deciding if the rest of the season is worth my time.

Ermaximus
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/36/l_7b731ab9353d4e81b09fed477a4a2504.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/38/l_bc07bd536b244fee955ca66e0c42f307.jpg

http://www.lethalwow.com/wrestlingnews/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/april-jeanette.jpg

VSG
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Quick question, Noid: What fourth season?

MoFo
09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
lol womens wrestling

Droford
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Quick question, Noid: What fourth season?

Cruiserweights?

Tag Teams?

Midgets?

Go with my current WWE stars that are stuck on Superstars idea?

The Naitch
09-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm really digging this shit right now

AJ is the hottest. Her pro is Primo

They got this 6'9'' chick too. BEAST. Her pro is Vicky Guerrero

Ultra Mantis
09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Stopped watching NXT Season 2 about half way through the run even though it had a couple of decent guys, so probably won't watch this season at all.

Ermaximus
09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
I'll watch for AJ Lee. :y:

FourFifty
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Sold on the 6'9" chick

Ermaximus
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Sold on the 6'9" chick

I think Rey Mysterio should be her pro instead of Vickie.

The Naitch
09-01-2010, 05:06 PM
6'9 girl was saying that her idol was Vince McMahon.

parkmania
09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Going to be interesting to see what "Rookie Challenges" will occur this season - I expect to see the Obtacle Course and a couple "talking" challenges, but what else can they do that would still be PG? Swimsuit competition is out, negligee competition is out, "sexy eating" competition is out...

Mike Honcho
09-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll watch cuz I am intrigued by the giant. I hope her finish is a choke slam. She would be very believable hurting someone with that.

Nicky Fives
09-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't have faith in a show that has The Bella Twins as "Pros"....

Next Big Thing
09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
It's only five weeks. LMAO! The divas are still getting less time on screen.

BizarroKing
09-01-2010, 07:17 PM
It's only five weeks. LMAO! The divas are still getting less time on screen.

Probably for the best if they really aren't that good...

Juan
09-02-2010, 12:03 AM
The decision to make the third season of NXT an all-women's show was likely made very recently because last week, WWE filmed twelve wrestlers at Florida Championship Wrestling, eight men and four women. Initial plans called for four men and four women to be featured in the abbreviated season, but it was later changed to six women.

There is hope that the show will garner better ratings with women prominently featured so they can reach a television deal with another network. There is also hope that Aloisia's "freak of nature" persona will increase ratings so Syfy will change its mind and renew the program.

Another aspect revolves around unhappiness with many of its current female performers, resulting in the company looking for replacement Divas. Talent relations were unhappy with the behavior of several of the women in recent weeks, particularly when much of the roster was situated in Los Angeles for SummerSlam. It is said that Tiffany and the recently released Serena were not the only ones who made embarrassing scenes in public. Officials are very strict regarding the public image of its talent because of promises to corporate sponsors that World Wrestling Entertainment is a wholesome company.

As things stand now, the lame duck show will end its current season on October 1, with a live episode in Oklahoma City as part of a three-hour programming block that will include the network's debut of Friday Night SmackDown.

Droford
09-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I keep hearing about all the incidents with the divas but there hasn't been any "SHOCKING DIVA FOOTAGE" released by TMZ or anything like that..

Johnny McNasty
09-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Well I'll watch the whole season than, hoping that it gets picked up for another season. Love this show.

Next Big Thing
09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I wonder if AJ Lee and Jay Lethal will be able to survive her rise to fame? I see the 2010 version of the Lita and Matt Hardy coming out of this.

VSG
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
There will be an Edge in that relationship soon with the two of them working for different companies.

Jakob Synn
09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Now with this whole Aloisa getting fired thing makes me wonder if it's a work or not. I mean I can see it both ways, but I see it more as work to generate interest in the show.

Xero
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
http://botchedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nxt3.jpg

Cool King
09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Now with this whole Aloisa getting fired thing makes me wonder if it's a work or not. I mean I can see it both ways, but I see it more as work to generate interest in the show.

I get the feeling that Aloisa will be on NXT, but have Beth Phoenix has her Pro.

Next Big Thing
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe she's more green than we thought and WWE thought it would be better to save her for a later time than send her out to make an ass of herself.

Xero
09-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Maybe they should have thought about that before filming the promo.

Seriously, if that's the reason (which I doubt but it's possible) then WWE has their head up their ass.