PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg vs. Austin ... In Japan?

El Santo
04-20-2004, 04:18 PM
http://www.tpww.net/headlines/1082483200.html

I had no idea these two really were good friends. So the world may finally be treated to a match between the two ... just not in the WWE?

Rob
04-20-2004, 04:37 PM
You realise it's now a possibility that Austin, Goldberg, Rock, Foley and possibly Lesnar could just start a new company now?

spd10000
04-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Very Big Update On Steve Austin's Next Step
Submitted by Matthew Boone on 04/20/2004

Credit: PWInsider.com

New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) announced today plans to sign Steve Austin to wrestle for the company. Austin had worked for New Japan earlier in his career, while under contract for WCW in the 1990s. While wrestling for the company, Austin injured his neck during a tombstone spot with Japanese star Masahiro Chono (also of former WCW fame).

Austin was also working in NJPW when he had the big triceps injury that ultimately led to his dismissal from WCW by Eric Bischoff via phone call, and thus the birth of "Stone Cold" in ECW, and later in WWF/WWE.

New Japan is hoping their past association with Austin will help them land a deal with the biggest American draw ever.

Goldberg will also have some play in where Austin goes, as the two are friends, and Goldberg is off to work a couple Japan shows for HUSTLE-1, a DreamStage Entertainment show. The two are hoping to work each other, and HUSTLE-1 is definitely a likely territory for the match to take place.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 04:55 PM
You realise it's now a possibility that Austin, Goldberg, Rock, Foley and possibly Lesnar could just start a new company now?
Naw...I heard they're gonna be in NWA-TNA...:shifty:

Rob
04-20-2004, 05:02 PM
OH MY GAWD! THEY ARE GOING TO TNA!!! THIS IS GONNA BE SOOOOOO COOL

The CyNick
04-20-2004, 06:57 PM
In all seriousness there has been some talk that Ted Turner is considering getting back in the game when his no-complete clause runs out in March of 2005.

You figure with Austin, Goldberg, Hogan, Sting, Bischoff and possibly Rock, Lesnar and Foley all being available at that point, they could really make an impact. I mean take any combination of those guys, throw them on 3 or 4 PPVs, and you could have the springboard for a new promotion.

I really hope this happens. Heck I'd even like to see Bischoff running the thing, despite his mistakes in the past. But it would be soooo funny if the combination of Eric and Turner were able to cripple the WWE one more time. Man that would make me laugh.