PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown! Taping Results (airs 9/10/10) - *SPOILERS*

DAMN iNATOR
09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday on MyNetworkTV):

* The Undertaker opens the show with an in-ring promo. He talks down Kane and how he was always watching out for him and protecting him. He says he'll have no problem taking him out for the World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions. CM Punk comes out and mocks Undertaker, saying he's on a downward spiral and the fans will never see him again after the pay-per-view. Undertaker calls Punk his next victim and says he will rest in peace.

* Jack Swagger b. MVP via submission after locking in the ankle lock.

* WWE Women's Champions LayCool argue about who will face Melina at Night of Champions. Kaval was in on the segment and said because it was his first night on Smackdown if everyone could just chill. They told him he wouldn't be there if it wasn't for them.

* Alberto Del Rio b. Matt Hardy via submission. After the match, Christian came out and made the save.

* Drew McIntyre b. Kaval after hitting the future shock DDT followed by the pinfall. LayCool came out to check on him but were grossed out at how sweaty he was.

* "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, wearing a green facial mask, explained why facials are good for men.

* Vickie Guerrero came out with Caitlyn. She continued to talk down on Caitlyn's mic work before introducing Dolph Ziggler and Chavo Guerrero.

* Kofi Kingston & Chris Masters b. Dolph Ziggler & Chavo Guerrero when Kofi hit Trouble in Paradise on Dolph and got the pinfall.

* CM Punk comes out with the Straight Edge Society. He dismisses Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury before the match gets started. The Undertaker b. CM Punk via submission after hooking in Hell's Gate. Undertaker celebrates as Kane comes on the big screen and laughs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick side-note, the site I obtained the results from listed one "Kenny Anderson" as the person responsible for submitting results. :lol:

Ermaximus
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
"Hey Kaval, you just won season 2 of NXT and have a gauranteed title shot. Now job."

Evil Vito
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Between Riley appearing on Raw, seemingly as Miz' right-hand man and Kaval not mentioning it at all, I'm pretty sure we can officially declare that NXT2 are not going to be a stable.

I honestly think they were going to be, but the beatdown was so horrible and the leader cut one of the worst promos ever, so they scrapped it</font>

Next Big Thing
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Way to give Kaval a strong start WWE. He'll probably tap to Del Rio next week.

bigslimjj
09-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Way to give Kaval a strong start WWE. He'll probably tap to Del Rio next week.It's pronounced...Albertooo Deeel Rrrrriiiioooooo!!!:D

RatedGSuperstar
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Bitching about Kaval losing is the new bitching about Jericho losing.

I'm willing to see the match before making a judgment. These spoilers never mention how good the match actually was.

Dave Youell
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Plus it didn't mention how the finish came about, e.g. could of been something dirty before the finish

Savio
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
* "Dashing" Cody Rhodes....explained why facials are good for men.:lol:

Volare
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Bitching about Kaval losing is the new bitching about Jericho losing.

I'm willing to see the match before making a judgment. These spoilers never mention how good the match actually was.

This.

I've recently quit reading the spoilers and it's made SD more enjoyable. I've pop'd in here this time cause I'm heading to the beach this weekend.

Londoner
09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Holy shit, a Punk v Taker feud!

Damian Rey
09-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Kaval losing to a guy who's been being established as the future of the company and already has a title reign under his belt is not a bad thing. It's Kaval's first round in the "big leagues". He's not going to be booked liked a monster right out the gate.

Team Sheep
09-08-2010, 05:49 PM
This.

I've recently quit reading the spoilers and it's made SD more enjoyable. I've pop'd in here this time cause I'm heading to the beach this weekend.

Yeah Smackdown sounds absolutely shit if you just skim spoilers like these every week. But the show itself I find is very good. Like you, I'm only in here cause I'll be away for this week's show. I've had no desire to read spoilers for years and it's just improved the viewing experience for me.

Volare
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Just watched smackdown on Justin.tv. Great show. Loved the Kaval vs McIntyre match. Punk vs Taker was pretty good as well.

Ultra Mantis
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Kaval actually has Wade Barrett's FCW theme music :D

Good show so far wrestling wise, seems to be a severe lack of good angles going on with Smackdown right now though. While I was bored by it, the McIntyre / Rhodes vs Hardy / Christian feud seems to have been dropped without a payoff. That's been happening a lot lately (ie. Christian vs Hardy, Christian vs Ziggler, Swagger vs Kane).

Londoner
09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Kaval v Drew was fucking amazing.

EDWARD
09-10-2010, 08:29 PM
This SmackDown was really good IMO. And they say TNA is putting on better shows than WWE.

Londoner
09-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeh been a good show all round tbh, yet to see punk v taker. They really need to have punk win a couple of matches v Taker.

Innovator
09-10-2010, 08:35 PM
No charisma my ass. Ki is tearing it up.

Londoner
09-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Plenty of charisma, who said he had none? Reminds me slightly of RVD.

Ultra Mantis
09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
There wasn't a bad match this week, or even an average match, great stuff. Loved the finish of Ziggler/Chavo vs Kofi/Masters.

Innovator
09-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Plenty of charisma, who said he had none? Reminds me slightly of RVD.
Eh just going off of Cole.

Schlomey
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Matt Striker just said "Don't be put off by Kaval's LOW KEY demeanor"

I wonder if he did that as a pun/play on words.

Volare
09-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Two Words.

FUCK COLE!

Schlomey
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I didn't read the spoilers but I can't imagine Kaval winning this but damn this is a really good match.

Innovator
09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Solid match, showed off what Ki can do

Volare
09-10-2010, 09:14 PM
That bump Ki took on the side of the ring looked brutal!

Innovator
09-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I liked da Hit Squad reference by Striker

Innovator
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
CHAVO!!!!

McLegend
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
I forgot how hot Kelly Kelly was. Jesus Christ

DaVe
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Another good Smackdown.

I'm telling ya, people who think Smackdown isn't great these days aren't watching it properly.

Innovator
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Smackdown definitely is the best show going.

McLegend
09-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Usually the quality of Smackdown is pretty good. It just has two major things working against them.

1) It's on the mynetwork on Friday Night
2) It's Smackdown

Other then those 2 things Smackdown is a good show.

Londoner
09-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Another good Smackdown.

I'm telling ya, people who think Smackdown isn't great these days aren't watching it properly.

Only one fucking show thats been good recently mate, fuck sakes. Why do people always say stuff like this just cause one show was great?

Londoner
09-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Eh just going off of Cole.

Missed that!

Innovator
09-11-2010, 10:42 AM
You missed all of NXT? Well I don't blame you

Londoner
09-11-2010, 12:02 PM
You missed all of NXT? Well I don't blame you

yup

DaVe
09-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Only one fucking show thats been good recently mate, fuck sakes. Why do people always say stuff like this just cause one show was great?

The fuck are you on about, TL? I've said week-in-week-out that Smackdown is the goods. Look through the Smackdown threads if need be. It's an opinion.

Damian Rey
09-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Haven't gotten to the Taker Punk match, but I love the way they're booking Taker. First time to my knowledge that he's been so vulnerable.

Kaval had a great showing. His offense looked legit and the crowd was buying it. He's off to a good start.

Also, am I the only one who's "meh" with "comedic fat guy" Big Show right now?

Londoner
09-12-2010, 04:58 AM

The fuck are you on about, TL? I've said week-in-week-out that Smackdown is the goods. Look through the Smackdown threads if need be. It's an opinion.

Well whenever ive tried to watch it recently its been the same old boring shite that doesn't interest me(and others it seems) at all. I was praising smackdown a few months ago but i do have some expectations of what entertains me.

whiteyford
09-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Liked the taker-punk finish.

Mr. Nerfect
09-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Was a great show. I didn't read the spoilers, so I was pleasantly surprised by a lot. Man, can CM Punk talk -- the guy has been reminding me lately of why he is such an internet darling. He managed to make me entertained by a match involving Big Show. He also looked credible against The Undertaker, and it was bad-ass (and made sense given the storyline) that he told Luke Gallows & Joey Mercury to go to the back.

Alberto Del Rio continues to entertain me. Something's got to happen with him eventually, but I like Christian being involved in a program with someone. Del Rio is hurting all Christian's friends, and Christian wants to get him in the ring while Del Rio keeps ducking him. It's so simple, but it works. I hope they manage to make Christian look like a star even while putting Del Rio over. So far, so good.

Jack Swagger and MVP's feud is still sort of just there, but their match was good, if the ending sort of came out of nowhere. Swagger is just amazing, though. Something needs to happen with him, though. Even if it's just a move to RAW when they jump to SyFy. Even though he is over, I feel that a heel turn for MVP would be beneficial, too.

The Kaval/Drew McIntyre match was really fucking good. People bitch about Drew, but sincerely, his work has been right up there recently. Like, he consistently has something resembling the match of the night no matter who he is working with. Kaval didn't look like a bitch, either -- plus he has that guaranteed title shot. I actually think a loss for McIntyre here would have been more damaging to him than Kaval losing to McIntyre was.

Kofi Kingston & Chris Masters vs. Dolph Ziggler & Chavo Guerrero was weird. Not bad, just weird. It even goes down to Kaitlyn being a hot, but a weird hot. I like seeing Chavo on SmackDown!, even though he didn't really do much. Thank you, Michael Hayes, for making him matter again. I also have an unexplained soft spot for Masters. I'd like to see him do something, and an associated win with Kofi Kingston is only good for him.

For some reason, all I could think about during the Chavo/Ziggler vs. Kofi/Masters tag match, was what sort of drama is Ziggler going to get into with Vickie Guerrero? I could see them doing an angle where Ziggler cheats with Kaitlyn, or Chavo turns on Ziggler -- I dunno, but those thoughts actually kept me more occupied than the match.

XL
09-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Also, am I the only one who's "meh" with "comedic fat guy" Big Show right now?
You are not the only one.

That segment this past week was nothing short of embarrassing. I dunno what WWE's problem with Big Show is? They just seem to keep cycling between "Big, Bad Monster" and "Happy-Go-Lucky, Gentle Giant". The latter makes me buy the former less and less.

VSG
09-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Kofi Kingston & Chris Masters vs. Dolph Ziggler & Chavo Guerrero was weird. Not bad, just weird. It even goes down to Kaitlyn being a hot, but a weird hot.

"Weird hot"? You did see my thread right?

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Nope. I'll have to go check it out.

VSG
09-13-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106657