PDA

View Full Version : TNA Is Better Than WWE

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I recently started watching wrestling again, somewhat regularly, and I've found this to be true.

I can sit through an entire TNA show, and not get the urge to do something else. They have some excellent matches, and reasonably unpredictable content.

WWE, on the other hand, seems to become more predictable and cringeworthy every week.

DISCUSS.

Afterlife
09-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I agree. But TNA is more intimately associated with the fans, what the smaller venue. They're more susceptible to hearing what the fans want, whereas WWE doesn't seem to care and often appears to force things upon their fans instead.

Dave Youell
09-08-2010, 04:06 PM
TNA blow really hot then REALLY fucking cold.

The whole F'N show was incredible and for me, the best TV of the year. But the show after was a fucking insult, shitloads of talking and not alot of anything.

Thing is, IF they focused on the positives, which are there young guys, like MCMG, who right now are the hottest thing they have IMO. Beer Money, Pope etc. They might actually have something.

But, they continue to focus the 'big' storylines around Hogan, Sting, Jarrett and Nash (although he is exempt as Kevin Nash is the man of the century)

So, in closing, I watch TNA and I know there will be aspects I enjoy, it has the potential to entertain me alot more than it does. But I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Heyman said it best when asked what he would do if he was in charge.

'Fire anyone over 40 years old (except Angle)'

Savio
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Until this ECW storyline is over I must disagree. Also what is this Nash/Jarret/Sting thing all about? That seems dumb as well.

Juan
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
TNA is a great alternative to WWE for people who have become jaded toward WWE's product. I dunno if it's better tho. I've found that some people like TNA just because it's not WWE and not because it's really that much better.

Xero
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
A lot about TNA I hate, some of it I like.

A lot about WWE I hate, some of it I like.

Lock Jaw
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Used to agree with that statement (TNA is better than WWE) back around mid 2006-mid 2008.

Excellent matches. Well-built feuds going from top to bottom of the card. Unpredictable with their winners.

Back then there was a fair share of stupidity as well, but nothing horrendous.

I stopped watching mainly because I got just too damn busy to keep up with it. When I tried getting back into it months later, I had no idea what the hell was going on. It seemed like everyone who had been a face was now a heel, and everyone who had been heel was now a face.

So I never got back into it. I tried jumping on again at the start of this whole Hogan/Bischoff era, but this time it truly was just terrible terrible stuff. Not even the chances of seeing a great wrestling match could draw me to the show. I stopped watching again just in time to miss this whole ECW angle, which just sounds like the next level of terrible.

So, in conclusion: TNA has a lot to do if they want to win me back.

Londoner
09-08-2010, 04:43 PM

VSG
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Yet you watch WWE and not TNA.

Domino
09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I recently started watching wrestling again, somewhat regularly, and I've found this to be true.

I can sit through an entire TNA show, and not get the urge to do something else. They have some excellent matches, and reasonably unpredictable content.

WWE, on the other hand, seems to become more predictable and cringeworthy every week.

DISCUSS.

I've honestly never been able to sit through an entire show (excluding house shows) without getting the urge to do something else. The writing is so terrible that I feel compelled to change the channel.

I agree that WWE is very predictable, but it's still the better brand overall, and it's not really close.

Luscious Lou
09-08-2010, 05:56 PM

Swiss Ultimate
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
TNA is hit or miss with me. I am still waiting for Joe to go on a diet.

Luscious Lou
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I do feel that TNA tries overly hard and they go completely asinine over the top at some points (recent RVD), however TNA provides a sense of excitement and unpredictability about wrestling that I really enjoy. Yes they are stuck in the impact zone, but man atleast the crowd is hot. WWE is a the most predictable PG rated wrestling show and it seems like an incredible rarity to even hear any worthy crowd noise.

WWE is intriguing to me at the moment because the Nexus is one of the best angles they have done in a long time, but I just prefer the TNA roster and overall production more.

Mooияakeя™
09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
If it wasn't delayed over here, I'd give a fuck.

Xero
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Yet you watch WWE and not TNA.

I'll be 100% honest. I watch WWE for the chats, being able to go to live events and the fact that it's been a habit for me for years. I only watch RAW and the PPVs regularly, and I find RAW to be fucking terrible for the most part, except for a few key people (Danielson, Miz, Sheamus and Orton mostly).

The PPVs tend to be a lot better, mainly because there's WRESTLING on them and it doesn't feel as much like an entertainment show. PPVs are the last part of WWE that feels like wrestling to me.

I don't hate wrestling. In fact, I love it. I love discussing it, I love the armchair booking aspect of it and I still love watching it. I still get that feeling I used to get during some things, like a Danielson match/angle or a Punk match/promo. But so many of the matches bore me and feel formulaic and so many of the gimmicks and angles are ridiculous. I don't mind the gimmicky stuff if it's written well (like a Taker character), but it's a bit too much at this point. It's just that the mainstream stuff has become a parody of itself and, honestly, I feel its sold out.

And you know what? Good on WWE for selling out, they're fucking massive now, and a more consistent money maker for a longer time period than the Attitude Era was. The Attitude Era made a shitload of money within 3 years or so. This era has the potential to make less in the short term but over a much longer period of time it'll be more prosperous.

TNA, on the other hand, tries to be what I want in a wrestling product, but fails so miserably that it's fucking disgusting. They have such a talented roster balanced with a lot of star power, but they let fucking stupid decisions, writing and directions destroy what I would consider a good show.

If TNA had relatively smart (for wrestling), consistent writing, took the show in one direction and not get caught up in trying to combat WWE, they could be fucking amazing.

Londoner
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I'll be 100% honest. I watch WWE for the chats, being able to go to live events and the fact that it's been a habit for me for years. I only watch RAW and the PPVs regularly, and I find RAW to be fucking terrible for the most part, except for a few key people (Danielson, Miz, Sheamus and Orton mostly).

The PPVs tend to be a lot better, mainly because there's WRESTLING on them and it doesn't feel as much like an entertainment show. PPVs are the last part of WWE that feels like wrestling to me.

I don't hate wrestling, I still get that feeling I used to get during some things, like a Danielson match/angle or a Punk match/promo. But so many of the matches bore me and feel formulaic and so many of the gimmicks and angles are ridiculous. I don't mind the gimmicky stuff if it's written well (like a Taker character), but it's a bit too much at this point. It's just that the mainstream stuff has become a parody of itself and, honestly, I feel its sold out.

And you know what? Good on WWE for selling out, they're fucking massive now, and a more consistent money maker for a longer time period than the Attitude Era was. The Attitude Era made a shitload of money within 3 years or so. This era has the potential to make less in the short term but over a much longer period of time.

TNA, on the other hand, tries to be what I want in a wrestling product, but fails so miserably that it's fucking disgusting. They have such a talented roster balanced with a lot of star power, but they let fucking stupid decisions and directions destory what I would consider a good show.

If TNA had relatively smart (for wrestling), consistent writing, took the show in one direction and not get caught up in trying to combat WWE, they could be fucking amazing.

Was with you up until you said 'good on them for selling out', why is it good? Its pissed alot of us fans off that made the company as popular as it was. The thing i hate is the catchphrase itsself, 'attitude era', it shouldn't even be defined as a fucking era. It should be what it always is/was. Just annoys me its nothing more than a catchphrase for the past now.

VSG
09-08-2010, 06:28 PM

Smackdown, motherfucker. Have you heard of it?

http://www.thorninpaw.com/u/htdocs/thorni/image/PulpVincentJules1.jpg

Xero
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Was with you up until you said 'good on them for selling out', why is it good? Its pissed alot of us fans off that made the company as popular as it was. The thing i hate is the catchphrase itsself, 'attitude era', it shouldn't even be defined as a fucking era. It should be what it always is/was. Just annoys me its nothing more than a catchphrase for the past now.

It's good because while the wrestling fans may not like it, they've opened it up to MANY more fans who would not have been into it for becoming family-friendly. They're a huge business now, and the internal structure is much more corporate-centric than it ever was.

Would it be good to bring back those fans? Sure, but a VAST majority will not be coming back. Most people left after WCW. WWE was still a form of "Attitude" for maybe 5 years after that.

I can see WWE's point, and from a company standpoint, they're going the much safer route both financially and product-wise. It doesn't mean I'm personally happy with it.

Xero
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Smackdown, you motherfucker. Have you heard of it?

http://www.thorninpaw.com/u/htdocs/thorni/image/PulpVincentJules1.jpg

The in-ring product itself turns me off from really getting into SmackDown!. This is more a WWE-wide problem, though.

Again, aside from Punk and maybe Taker (on the SD side), I find the vast majority of the in-ring product boring and predictable.

Londoner
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
It's good because while the wrestling fans may not like it, they've opened it up to MANY more fans who would not have been into it for becoming family-friendly. They're a huge business now, and the internal structure is much more corporate-centric than it ever was.

Would it be good to bring back those fans? Sure, but a VAST majority will not be coming back. Most people left after WCW. WWE was still a form of "Attitude" for maybe 5 years after that.

I can see WWE's point, and from a company standpoint, they're going the much safer route both financially and product-wise. It doesn't mean I'm personally happy with it.

Fair enough, i get what you mean. I still think they would win alot of fans back if they did things right.

Londoner
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM
The in-ring product itself turns me off from really getting into SmackDown!. This is more a WWE-wide problem, though.

Again, aside from Punk and maybe Taker, I find the vast majority of the in-ring product boring and predictable.

Agreed, i can't think of many matches of the year this year. Which is depressing. There used to be so many.

VSG
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM

Again, aside from Punk and maybe Taker (on the SD side), I find the vast majority of the in-ring product boring and predictable.

I think your problem is being a gigantic fan (literally), and thus having huge expectations.

Stickman
09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I find the WWE to be really hard to watch. I actually am interested in TNA. Like has been stated, it's very hit or miss and it's so inconsistent but it's enjoyable. WWE has not been enjoyable for a long long time. WWE died for me when HBK retired, I have no reason to watch.

The Pope
09-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I am interested in what Sting/Nash are talking about in that storyline. Also, the EV2 crap needs to freakin' go already.

Joe Kerr
09-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I agree. But TNA is more intimately associated with the fans, what the smaller venue. They're more susceptible to hearing what the fans want, whereas WWE doesn't seem to care and often appears to force things upon their fans instead.

you agree but....you told me you wont ever watch TNA? :wtf:

The Pope
09-08-2010, 11:16 PM
You don't need to watch TNA to know that.

Joe Kerr
09-08-2010, 11:30 PM
It was in regards to him saying TNA is better than WWE but I cant get him to watch TNA.

The Pope
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Oh, I see... I like your avatar by the way. Well let's get him to watch TNA then.

dronepool
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
TNA do have good ideas and matches, but their still a bit... amateur in terms of production and direction.

Luscious Lou
09-09-2010, 12:21 AM
TNA do have good ideas and matches, but their still a bit... amateur in terms of production and direction.

I agree, but I also feel like WWE is almost too efficient in the their production values at times....if that makes any sense

James Steele
09-09-2010, 02:58 AM
TNA is a fucking joke. They do have good wrestling, but most of this shit y'all cum over is the same flip and flop trampoline shit that has ruined wrestling. TNA has little to no fucking psychology. MCMG are fucking horrible and are over only because TNA has 500 fans who would cheer a fucking bottle of grapejuice if it had a "WWE Sucks" sticker on it. TNA has a loaded roster, and they have nothing to show for it but washed up hacks, horrible writing, and 1 or 2 good matches.

RiX1024
09-09-2010, 07:40 AM
TNA is much better than WWE wrestling-wise but WWE has better product and more star power than TNA.

Londoner
09-09-2010, 07:59 AM
TNA is a fucking joke. They do have good wrestling, but most of this shit y'all cum over is the same flip and flop trampoline shit that has ruined wrestling. TNA has little to no fucking psychology. MCMG are fucking horrible and are over only because TNA has 500 fans who would cheer a fucking bottle of grapejuice if it had a "WWE Sucks" sticker on it. TNA has a loaded roster, and they have nothing to show for it but washed up hacks, horrible writing, and 1 or 2 good matches.

:lol: :y::y:

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
James Steele is from Texas, so his opinion means nothing.

Impact!
09-09-2010, 09:00 AM
TNA is the only wrestling I can actually sit through now days.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Impact! knows what's up.

Afterlife
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
you agree but....you told me you wont ever watch TNA? :wtf:

Since Tommy Dreamer joined TNA, I've been giving it attention. Angle seems to not me a lunatic anymore; Booker T isn't there; Road Dogg and Billy Gunn don't seem to be there; Stevie Richards and Brian Kendrick ARE there; and a lot of the TNA originals are rather talented.

There are just many more appealing features of TNA now than back when it looked like utter shit.

The Pope
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Actually, MCMG hardly do high flying spots in matches. They are mostly just quick, and kick a lot. That's not what ruined wrestling, what ruined wrestling was crap like Jack Evans and Teddy Hart.

jskinnyg
09-09-2010, 11:29 AM

Plus I think both companies run extremely hot one week and then cold the next one...

James Steele
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Actually, MCMG hardly do high flying spots in matches. They are mostly just quick, and kick a lot. That's not what ruined wrestling, what ruined wrestling was crap like Jack Evans and Teddy Hart.

I'm talking about their selling and how they kick. Why do you need to do a cartwheel only to kick somebody in the face then do a double corkscrew plancha every time you get hit with a dropkick?

The Naitch
09-09-2010, 06:30 PM
TNA is shit