PDA

View Full Version : Purely "What If?" But Still... (Matt Hardy Related)

Next Big Thing
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
It's crazy to think about, but Matt's been involved with the WWE in some capacity since 1994 and at 35 isn't necessarily over the hill compared to some of the other people TNA have brought in.

It's clear that Matt has been frustrated with his pushes or lack thereof at times and it seems like Dixie will hire any wrestler with a name she recognizes, although Matt could be very intriguing for this reason...

TNA has been very hard lately to make some aspects of its product (particularly Fourtune, Nash's tweets, and the Pope's tweets) look like a "shoot" for authenticity I guess. If Matt were to be released (purely hypothetical) would TNA giving him an avenue to vent his frustrations (ala Austin in ECW) rejuvenate Matt's career and maybe bring in some ratings?

Matt's not bad on the mic and has proven he's not afraid to bitch or put bullet holes through the pictures of his skank meat ex girlfriends. Plus, I like the documentary style of TNA's backstage filming and think it would fit Matt's rantings well....

Yeah he's flabby, but at 6'2 I could still buy him as a pissed off bully beating up on some of TNA's smaller guys maybe... It could be a fun character to watch.

Dave Youell
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
If he got let go, you can bet your last dollar he'd be on TNA in a heartbeat.

Chavo Classic
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Matt already had the chance to rejuvenate his career about the Edge/Lita affair. He blew it.

TNA would love to bring Matt in for the merchandising a Hardy Boyz reunion would spawn, but in terms of reaching new heights in his career those days are done.

Next Big Thing
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Matt already had the chance to rejuvenate his career about the Edge/Lita affair. He blew it.

TNA would love to bring Matt in for the merchandising a Hardy Boyz reunion would spawn, but in terms of reaching new heights in his career those days are done.

I don't think Matt ever really had a chance to blow it. After the Edge/Lita affair the fans wanted him and WWE had no choice but to bring him back. But they were really more interested in using him to get Edge over as the Rated R Superstar more than giving Matt a chance to reinvent himself. Matt might have been in one of the few major WWE programs where the face ultimately doesn't win the feud in the end.

EDWARD
09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't want to see it happen, but IF Matt were to be let go, he would definately go to TNA. I don't know about the whole "his ranting into the story" thing, though. He might say one or two things about WWE, and then TNA will build him up to something he is not.

Damian Rey
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
It could work to build anticipation for a TNA arrival but it's not going to get him all that far. With TNA being so crowded as it is, Matt may be lost in the shuffle even more than he is now. Not to say he wouldn't get airtime and at least a decent push, but I don't see him doing anything more significant than he's already done in WWE.

teamXtremist
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
the current marty jannetty of wwe needs anykind of fresh start hes almost irrelevant at his point

EDWARD
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Uh-oh! It's being reported that Matt isn't backstage for the SD tapings. :shifty:

jskinnyg
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
If he got let go, you can bet your last dollar he'd be on TNA in a heartbeat.

Marty Jannety Version 2.0...:nono::nono:

Hanso Amore
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
HE would go to TNA and it wouldnt affect the WWE at all. It wouldnt do all that much in long run for TNA other than sell some merchandise.

SOCCER LEGS
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
he's not 6'2", that's his billed height...

bigslimjj
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I think he's been doing all this intentionally to get released. I think Carlito may have been acting like he was for the same reason.

teamXtremist
09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
he's not 6'2", that's his billed height...

lol yeah jeffs 6'2 matt is 6'1

Damian Rey
09-14-2010, 05:28 PM
He would be a nice addition to TNA for the sheer reason that he is a solid ring hand and can put on consistent matches. But that's pretty much what he's been doing for some years now on WWE. Him defecting to TNA would be a lateral move career wise.

Mr. JL
09-14-2010, 05:28 PM
A lot of merchandise.

teamXtremist
09-14-2010, 05:44 PM
He would be a nice addition to TNA for the sheer reason that he is a solid ring hand and can put on consistent matches. But that's pretty much what he's been doing for some years now on WWE. Him defecting to TNA would be a lateral move career wise.

except he may actually mainevent in tna

teamXtremist
09-14-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.thewrestlinganswer.com/images/galleries/mhardybiggut/1.jpg

dude is massive jesus mix in a sit up homie

BizarroKing
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
WWE should let Fatt Hardy go. I feel they could care less if he reunites with Jeff in TNA @ this point.

blak23
09-14-2010, 10:37 PM
they should give hima backstage role matt i feel would be great in creative

Aguakate
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
http://www.thewrestlinganswer.com/images/galleries/mhardybiggut/1.jpg

dude is massive jesus mix in a sit up homie

Look at Christian looking at Matt's man-boobs.

KayfabeMan
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Since when did Matt Hardy or anyone else being fat become such a big deal?

If the guy can still work in the ring, who cares?

I think we've become so accustomed to the 'wellness policy violating' wrestlers that we forget that a good deal of guys from the 90's, 80's, 70's, and going WAY back didn't all look like they were in shape but were great performers and often tougher than the guys who looked like they were bodybuilders.

ANYHOW, side note: I don't think Hardy blew his chance back with the work / shoot angle; I think WWE Invasion'd his push there and dropped the ball bigtime. Wouldn't exactly be the first or last time for them. Hardy still has some gas left in his tank (insert fat joke here) and could fit well into the mix over at TNA.

If I were him, I'd be thinking about it right now - as he is getting older and he may have a chance at one or two big runs still, more than likely in TNA than in WWE at this point.

Dorkchop
09-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Didn't Matt hardy have intestinal problems that ended up in surgery? I don't give a shit what he looks like. i just want to see good matches.

KIRA
09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Good god hes turning into Adrian Adonis!

hope nothing too serious is going on with him.

Mr. Nerfect
09-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Matt Hardy is still a good in-ring performer. The guy is revealing himself to be a little bat-shit crazy. If he went to TNA and didn't act like it was the biggest signing they ever had (as anything other than an egotistical Mattitude-esque gimmick), I would probably care more about him than I currently do.

TNA would be smart to snatch up Matt and pair him with Jeff, ASAP. Their tag team division is already one of their most pressing reasons to watch, and having a legendary team in there like Matt & Jeff Hardy would certainly not be a bad thing. I don't know if it'd exactly be a ratings boost (if Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley or Ric Flair can't boost ratings, I don't think Matt will); but I do believe it'd be great for TNA's merchandising and advertising.

Rammsteinmad
09-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Jesus he looks awful in that picture with Christian! :eek:

Damian Rey
09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
except he may actually mainevent in tna

Highly unlikely. TNA's roster is already overloaded and there is not a whole lot of room on the card because of it. Not to mention, Matt jumping ship wouldn't be as monumental as when others defected.

Christian was the first real big star to defect. Angle is the biggest thus far. And Jeff was, at one point, the most over face in WWE when he jumped the 2nd time. Matt moving is not going to have the impact any of these guys have.

Add in RVD, Sting, Pope, Styles and others who are upper mid card, and there's not a whole lot of opportunity. The only thing Matt would have going for him is the same thing he's always had going for him; He's Jeff Hardy's big brother.

If he does go to TNA, he'd likely tag with Jeff for a while before being inserted back into the mid card.

Rollermacka
09-15-2010, 12:24 PM

The Hardy Boyz are "THEY" in TNA!!!!!!!

Savio
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I'd rather not see him in TNA

Next Big Thing
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I'd rather not see him in TNA

You're the sole reason why the Matt Hardy threads won't die.

Joe Kerr
09-20-2010, 07:15 PM
There is seriously 10 matt hardy topics on the front forum page :wtf:

Schlomey
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
because jokers bumped old hardy threads to prove a point.

erickman
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
yeah i thought it was matt hardy day, this guy is the new x-pac.

The Pope
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/On9FT1UAnSE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/On9FT1UAnSE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Schlomey
09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
ok some thoughts on the latest hardy video.

1. he has other projects he wants to do so he wants to wrestle but at a lighter schedule.....hmmmm

2. called out TNA in the vid and said he doesn't know if they are interested in him or not...bullshit, you know they would jump on that train...hmmmm.....

3. The last 2 minute after-school special message made me embarrassed for him.

Ermaximus
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
It's official, Matt Hardy has gone full retard.

The Pope
09-22-2010, 11:38 AM
He's got some balls leaving a nice paycheck and going to possibly TNA.

Volare
09-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I bet he's actually been smart with his money, unlike others.

Ermaximus
09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I bet he's actually been smart with his money, unlike others.

Well clearly he's a dollar menunaire. It sure shows.

Volare
09-22-2010, 12:59 PM
I bet he's invested in McDonalds or Taco Bell. Sure as hell hasn't invested in Jenny Craig or a mirror.

Ermaximus
09-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe Cawdy can teach him a thing or two?

The Pope
09-22-2010, 01:42 PM
He's down to 222 lbs. according to him.