PDA

View Full Version : What next for the NXT Season 2 Crew?

XL
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
The guys from Season 1 ended up in a huge storyline by creating Nexus. Then Daniel Bryan went his seperate ways, Young got canned and Skip got injured.

As for Season 2, winner Kaval is now part of the SmackDown! roster. 3rd place Alex Riley is a sidekick to his pro The Miz.

What of the others? Runner Up Michael McGullicutty? Eli Cottonwood, Lucky Cannon, Husky Harris, "Showtime" Percy Watson, Titus O'Neil.

What would you do with them - if anything?

Hanso Amore
09-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Find Henning a rookie spot on Smackdown to fight with Kaval.

Send the rest to FCW.

erickman
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Find Henning a rookie spot on Smackdown to fight with Kaval.

Send the rest to FCW.

husky could be good somewhere too

teamXtremist
09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
yeah i was wondering have any of them besides kaval and riley made an appearance after nxt??

BizarroKing
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
-Change McGullicutty's name to Joe Perfect then put him on SD!
-Have Percy reunite his tag team with Young
-Husky Harris could be Ted Dibiase's sidekick/hired muscle
-Eli Cottonwood can be the next big 'monster'
-Lucky not sure
-Titus I feel will get released sad to say.

VSG
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Eli Cottonwood will the next nothing! Only Hennig and Rotunda Jr are capable enough to being in the big leagues apart from Riley and Kaval.

Damian Rey
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Yea. Hennig needs a name change and a chance on SmackDown!. I think he could thrive there. Rotunda forming a new Money Inc. with Teddy Jr. would be interesting. That's actually something I'd like to see.

EDWARD
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
VSG has got the right idea. Henning and Harris could be valuable assets to the company, but the rest just don't really bring anything to better the company. Maybe Watson has something, but the rest no.

BizarroKing
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Yea. Hennig needs a name change and a chance on SmackDown!. I think he could thrive there. Rotunda forming a new Money Inc. with Teddy Jr. would be interesting. That's actually something I'd like to see.

I didn't even realize but yea there's another reason Husky could team up with Ted Jr.

teamXtremist
09-14-2010, 06:00 PM
wasnt mcgullicutty supposed to be part of the fortunate sons with teddy ?!?!

XL
09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
-Change McGullicutty's name to Joe Perfect then put him on SD!
-Have Percy reunite his tag team with Young
-Husky Harris could be Ted Dibiase's sidekick/hired muscle
That'swhat I'd do. Maybe add McGuillicutty to the DiBiase/Harrus thing.

dhellova guy
09-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Honestly, i always thought they kicked Young outta Nexus so he could team back up with Percy Watson.

XCaliber
09-14-2010, 08:52 PM
-I'd send Hennig to SD so he can have a feud with Dolph Ziggler cuz it would make perfect sense.

-Watson would be teamed up with Young and shipped to SD as well.

-Harris could make a good enforcer for Ted DiBiase.

-Lucky Cannon would have his name changed back to whatever it was before and becomes a new member of the Nexus to make up for the absence of Sheffield.

-The other 2 would be wished well in their future endeavors.

Damian Rey
09-15-2010, 05:12 PM
wasnt mcgullicutty supposed to be part of the fortunate sons with teddy ?!?!

I would love for this to develop. It makes perfect sense and if they stay on Raw, they would almost certainly start out in the mid card, which is where I feel a young stable should. You'd have Ted Jr. leading the pack with Joe and Rotunda at his side and Maryse there for moral support.

Rotunda and Hennig could grab the tag titles after some build and Teddy would hopefully start earning some midcard wins and I would hope the US title. You could then have Rotunda and Hennig help build Teddy up to the main event card while they continue to build themselves up.

Have some tension after they get themselves over and slowly transition each guy into mid to upper mid card singles. This is all much too longterm of booking for it to actually happne but I'd love to see a 3 man stable built with the purpose of elevating all three men into the main event.

FourFifty
09-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Have Eli take the place of the bald gerbil from Nexus who broke his ankle.

XL
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
LOL. Took me ages to work out who you meant then. I got confused as I thought you meant someone had broken Eli's ankle and I couldn't recall that happening.

daimoniac
09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
more people in nexus shirts...

Next Big Thing
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Other than Kaval, McGillicutty and Harris were the only ones worth a damn. Have Percy tone it down a little and put him on the announce table. Leave the rest in FCW.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2010, 01:35 AM
I actually like most of the NXT Season 2 guys. Eli Cottonwood and Titus O'Neil were the only ones I didn't think had much to offer -- O'Neil just because he was green. I wouldn't mind it if Cottonwood came up for a match or two against John Morrison, and was used to put over Morrison decisively against a bigger opponent. Or perhaps he could actually do quite well as hired muscle in Nexus? Whatever, he's not my cup of tea.

Percy Watson I would add to the SmackDown! roster as a babyface, continuing his relationship with MVP. After letting him work on his ring skills in front of a larger audience for a couple of months, draft him to RAW where he can be an "entertainment" face there.

Michael McGillicutty I would also use on SmackDown!, but with more room for growth. Have Teddy Long sign him because he was "the winniest competitor in NXT Season 2," and just have him work some great matches and do his thing.

Husky Harris and his brother can get called up and help the tag team division on either brand.

Alex Riley could have a nice home as an antagonist on RAW. Don't give too much to the guy too early, but he is solid enough all-round to survive and do quite well for himself over time.

Lucky Cannon needs a name change. Call him J.P. Cannon, or something (his kayfabe WWE "real name" was Jason Cannon, and the "P" can reference his days as "Johnny Prime"), and have him work as a heel somewhere. I actually liked him so much more as a heel than a face, as he seems much more comfortable. I've heard the guy is a good worker, so let's see.

Titus O'Neil is just too green right now. Maybe he can be something someday, but right now he needs A LOT more time in FCW.

Mr. C
09-16-2010, 03:25 AM
Alex Riley seems to be on his way to being The Miz’s sidekick.

Tiger Paw
09-16-2010, 03:44 AM
Husky was my favorite.