PDA

View Full Version : TPWW, I need your opinion

El Fangel
09-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I have 12 Xbox 360 games and I havent finished any of them (not counting NHL 2k9 as it cant be finished really)

I would like your help in deciding which order I should try to finish them in, Ill list them and how much I have enjoyed them out of 10 along with how far I think I am along in it.

MW2 - 7 (SP) and probably around 60%
Fallout 3 - 10 and likely alot less then I think at 15%
Mass Effect - 5 (Havent played enough to have an opinion) and likely 1%
Fable 2 - 8 and likely around 5%
Saints Row 2 - 6 and likely around 5-10%
Gears of War - 8 and likely around 50%
Dead Rising - 7 and likely around 35%
GTA4 - 9 and likely around 60%
Crackdown - 9 and likely 80-90%
Red Dead Redemption - 8 and likely 25%
NHL 2k9 - 10 and likely 50% of regular season
Kung Fu Panda - Havent played
Lego Indy Jones - Havent played

Funky Fly
09-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok, not played Fallout 3 yet as my buddy still has mine, not played Dead Rising yet, and I don't have Kung Fu Panda or Lego Indy, but...

1. MW2 - Black Ops is coming and you'll likely never touch this again, so hurry it up.

2. Crackdown - Honestly, it's only gonna take like a week to finish tops. Since you're 80-90% in, it's more like 2 days tops. Very short, easy game.

3. Gonna stick Kung Fu Panda here, since kids' movie games are generally short, terrible and easy. Probably an easy 1000 gamerscore if you care about that sort of thing. If not, trade it in and save yourself the torture.

4. Gears of War - Great game. Finish this, move on to gears 2 (also great) and then 3 will be out in April. Hell, I'll play the story with you anytime.

5. NHL 2k9 - Play what you love. Finish up and move on to 2k10 or 2k11 if it's out by then.

6. Fallout 3 - Again, play what you love.

7. Lego Indy - If it's great, great. If it's crap, trade it in.

8. Dead Rising - starting to wrap up your list and Dead Rising 2 will probably be like $20-$30 by then.

9. GTA4 - Finish it and grab the DLC disc, which should be available for cheap now.

10. Red Dead Redemption - Good ass game. I'm putting it lower on the list because it's time consuming and addictive.

11. Mass Effect - I'm playing this now. It's not a standard shooter AT ALL. There's no ammo and it's a BioWare RPG, so there's a lot of dialog choices (very important), sidequests (even more important) and leveling up. The leveling is great for customization, but you are EXTREMELY weak at the start (Eden Prime). Thankfully those early enemies tend not to use the greatest strategy and most of them are standing next to explosive shipping canisters. Stick with it past the the first mission and once you get to the citadel, do all the side missions you can. You do it right and you're like level 12 once you leave (you get there at like level 3) then the real meat of the game starts. Keep your save because it carries over to ME2. :y:

12. Saint's Row 2 - GTA clone, but it's got its own charm. Better than the first in a lot of ways, but the first will always hold a place in my heart. There's a bunch of us who have this so co op it up. DLC's pretty sweet too.

13. Fable 2 - saved the best for last. Great game, gets really good a few missions in, when you can actually do things. Also, by the time you get to this Fable 3 should drop in price. Remember to keep your save because it carries over to 3. :y:

Extreme Angle
09-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Are you going for all achievements or just complete?

El Fangel
09-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Are you going for all achievements or just complete?

Just finishing the game and thanks Sir Fly.

Funky Fly
09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I live to serve.

Kane Knight
09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
You got the Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda pack, eh?

Joe Kerr
09-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Definatly finish Red dead redemption, Fall out 3, Gears of war, mw2 and GTA4 before the others. Depending on the mood your in id say Mw2 over Gears if you are up for 1st person shooters ...You still have a good deal left in fallout 3 and I recomend playing the DLC to, but Red Dead is deffinatly one of the best free roaming sandbox games out there.

Forgot you had fable 2 and Mass effect on there. Both really time consuming and both good games. i highly recomend doing both before playing the next (mass effect 2 and fable 3(oct release)) but between the 2 It is more of what you like..magical or sci fi

El Fangel
09-25-2010, 06:32 PM
You got the Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda pack, eh?

Yeah, came with the system.

Definatly finish Red dead redemption, Fall out 3, Gears of war, mw2 and GTA4 before the others. Depending on the mood your in id say Mw2 over Gears if you are up for 1st person shooters ...You still have a good deal left in fallout 3 and I recomend playing the DLC to, but Red Dead is deffinatly one of the best free roaming sandbox games out there.

Forgot you had fable 2 and Mass effect on there. Both really time consuming and both good games. i highly recomend doing both before playing the next (mass effect 2 and fable 3(oct release)) but between the 2 It is more of what you like..magical or sci fi

Tahnks :)

alvarado52
09-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Well im gonna go ahead and say finish MW2 seeing as how you play it all the time. It looks like you have alot of RPGish games there, which tend to take up a good amount of hours, so that depends on if youre in the mood to commit yourself to the games.

If you are, im gonna say Mass Effect. Like Funky said, dont let the first portion of the game get you down on it...once you leave the Citadel its ON.

El Fangel
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Well im gonna go ahead and say finish MW2 seeing as how you play it all the time. It looks like you have alot of RPGish games there, which tend to take up a good amount of hours, so that depends on if youre in the mood to commit yourself to the games.

If you are, im gonna say Mass Effect. Like Funky said, dont let the first portion of the game get you down on it...once you leave the Citadel its ON.

Just thing is, I dont really enjoy SP very much in shooters, Gears if good but MW2 is kinda meh. I will likely finish it up quick to get it out of the way though.

I love RPG's they are my fav game type, just I have alot of them and the thought of how long they will take to comeplete sometimes turns me off of keep playing them.

Just with my schedule, sometimes I dont get to play for days at a time :(

alvarado52
09-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Both Fallout and Mass Effect are incredible. Mass Effect is great if youre in the mood for a game that plays out like a movie. Fallout has a great story too but isnt linear like ME, so it lends itself to more exploring than to dialogue.

The Gears series is awesome as well.

Seems like you have a good selection and cant go wrong with any tbh

Funky Fly
09-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Just thing is, I dont really enjoy SP very much in shooters, Gears if good but MW2 is kinda meh. I will likely finish it up quick to get it out of the way though.

I love RPG's they are my fav game type, just I have alot of them and the thought of how long they will take to comeplete sometimes turns me off of keep playing them.

Just with my schedule, sometimes I dont get to play for days at a time :(

Gears has 2 player story. It's even better because your ai buddies tend to be retards who get killed every 2 seconds, but you can coordinate attacks with a live teammate.

As for Mass Effect, seriously, Eden Prime is shit because you are a massive jobber at the start. Shitty weapons with accuracy of like 52% for sniper rifles. Have you ever heard of a sniper rifle that inherently misses half the time regardless of how good a shot you are? Plus your powers are all crappy and weak if you're tech or biotic. Citadel is like a series of fetch quests almost, but it's worth the hassle for all the extra xp you get. Alsways make sure to examine anything you can because you get experience for every codex entry. Plus when you talk to people who have expository dialog, always take the fleshed out conversation choices under investigate. More xp. Stick to either paragon or renegade, as you get lots of bonuses for having high paragon or renegade levels, but few for a mix of the 2. Also, always have someone with decryption on your squad. Helps you so much.

Joe Kerr
09-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Funky forgot to mention the sex scene as well.

El Fangel
09-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I love the exploration and morality in Fallout, easily my fav of the bunch.

Kane Knight
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah, came with the system.

I bought it for less than I could get Lego Indy used. :D

I hear KFP is good, though.