PDA

View Full Version : Cena/Barrett ending

Cuse8
10-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Since the stipulation is if nexus has any impact on the match then Cena automatically wins. There might be 1 loop hole in that. What if Darren Young came down and helped Barrett win and got back with nexus. Techniqually hes not with them anymore so it wouldnt be a DQ. Young hasnt been seen since that raw he confronted Barrett and said "its not ending like this". I could be completely wrong but its an option.

4 knuckles up
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I get a feeling that we could see a finish such as Cena pinning Barrett cleanly, only to have Barrett ignore the whole disbanding Nexus thing. Saying something like "I don't have to keep my promise Cena."

...You know, writing off the whole build up with bad booking.

Cuse8
10-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I get a feeling that we could see a finish such as Cena pinning Barrett cleanly, only to have Barrett ignore the whole disbanding Nexus thing. Saying something like "I don't have to keep my promise Cena."

sadly i could see that happening too

Rammsteinmad
10-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Personally I don't wanna see the Nexus end yet, but I also don't wanna see Cena join them.

Troelar
10-01-2010, 10:55 AM
It could also end with some of the season two NxT rookies interfering, causing a DQ and forming Suxen! They will not let the season one rookies have all the fun! Woah! 7-man triple threat elimination tag match coming up!

Maybe a no contest will be called and the bet will have to be postponed to another night.

The Pope
10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
We need Gangrel to save the day.

Nicky Fives
10-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I literally just logged in to post a similar topic.....

BizarroKing
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Suxen=Nexus backwards? Uhm...

Troelar
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Fine we can call them NS for Nexus Squared if you want. Or maybe Double the Nexus, double the Fun?

jskinnyg
10-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Personally I don't wanna see the Nexus end yet, but I also don't wanna see Cena join them.

My thoughts originally, but now I kinda like the idea of Cena being forced into the Nexus... The possibilities are endless... Probably why it won't happen though...

The Naitch
10-01-2010, 01:51 PM
they gotta do something with Darren Young because

a) There wasn't any closure or continuity from the last time we saw him.

b) HE LOOKS LIKE JOHN FUCKIN CENA

Damian Rey
10-01-2010, 02:01 PM
they gotta do something with Darren Young because

a) There wasn't any closure or continuity from the last time we saw him.

b) HE LOOKS LIKE JOHN FUCKIN CENA

The problem with reason number 1 is the writers probably already forgot about this, and have moved on. Young was probably brought in soley to distract Barrett and eat an RKO.

Personally, the idea of Cena being forced into Nexus would be the most refreshing path for that charactr to take. He's always overcoming the odds and whatnot, and winning here doesn't do a whole helluva lot for him. Barrett winning on the other hand puts him over in a big match, something that hasn't happened since Nexus' arrival. It also creates a different dynamic for Cena's character. If he does lose and joins Nexus, and he does partake in their dastardly deeds, how will the crowd react? How will his character change ove time?

There are far too many good reasons for Cena to job here, which means Barrett's probably tapping this Sunday.

Rollermacka
10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
We need Rellik (that's killer spelled backwards) to save the day.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NYxji-DYGI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NYxji-DYGI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
:yes:

Mr. Nerfect
10-02-2010, 05:11 AM
I've suggested this a few times on here before. Darren Young as a renegade face fighting the Nexus without any real friends on the RAW roster could have been an interesting angle to take -- but Young lacks the credibility or gravity to really pull it off at this stage of his career. It could have quickly turned into Randy Orton taking on Evolution and running through the crowd whenever they chased after him. It also doesn't make sense to drop Young's involvement with the group, one way or another. He's angry at them for what they did to him -- he's got something to prove to Wade Barrett.

Young's relationship with Cena also makes sense in the context of everything. He's been labelled (even on the air), as "a black John Cena," and it was always him eating the beatings from Cena. He demanded he be the one to face Cena, and he put up a good fight but fell short. There's tragedy to his character, and he'd be as furious at Cena as he would be at Barrett and co. Young costing Cena the match would allow Cena to look good in losing, Barrett to get a huge victory, Young to get back at Cena and re-earn his stripes with Nexus thus doing SOMETHING...it's pretty neat booking -- providing they want to go somewhere with Nexus and Cena being forced to join the group.

I still think that it's more likely Cena beats Wade Barrett, and then the Nexus get fed-up, and we have a moment where they beat the shit out of Barrett (to hopefully a huge pop). Even though it was alluded to that they would be gone forever, the Nexus guys would just be re-introduced over time. When you really think about it, only Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater (out of the active group, but I'd count Skip Sheffield when he is healthy, as well) are really ready for the main roster. Gabriel can be offered a job by Theodore Long; Slater can appear under a mask, and might just be unremarkable enough that no one will know who he is; Tarver can continue his on-air apprenticeship by being signed by either The Miz or Ted DiBiase to one of those "personal service contracts"; and Otunga can go back down to FCW to improve his ring work (which I think REALLY needs to happen).

Barrett can attack Cena by himself, and talk about how Cena ruined his dream, but he's not going to die quietly. He says Nexus are gone, but he is still here. He's the WWE's favourite out of the group, and he could pull off a man with wounded pride trying to get crediblity back quite effectively.

Tom Guycott
10-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Young hasnt been seen

You CAN'T see Bizzaro Cena! Ha ha... heh... uh, yeah, I'm late to the party.

We need Gangrel to save the day.

This!

Mooияakeя™
10-02-2010, 02:41 PM

Pretty sure this is happening.

Dave Youell
10-02-2010, 04:48 PM
My suggestion:

They made a big deal on Raw that the Nexus can't get involved as it would DQ Barret and disband the Nexus.

So.

Barrett's about to tap to the STFU. The Nexus run in and accidently attack Barrett somehow, the bell rings, the match is over, Cena celebrate and the crowd go wild....

Justin Roberts announces - 'Here is your winner, as a result of a disqualification, WADE BARRETT!'

Cena has to join the Nexus being a man of honour etc....

parkmania
10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
If Barrett loses, I see him going to Smackdown and doing a version of Drew McIntyre's "Chosen One" gimmick based on Syfy's President being British also.

crusnik
10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
i think that cause evryone thinks cena is going to win, he is going to lose.

Jakob Synn
10-02-2010, 11:13 PM
I know people are thinking Wade Barrett is going to win due to the promotional posters of Brargging Rights and Survivor Series coming out featuring them, but first of all... The Bragging Rights poster was leaked a couple weeks back and the Survivor Series poster features Darren Young, though with what Cuse said maybe Young would win his spot back in Nexus. Who knows...

There's so many possibilities for the outcome of this match.

SaskatchewanChamp
10-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Finger Poke of Doom. That is all.

Mr. Nerfect
10-03-2010, 04:07 AM
I'm really thinking that Cena will win. Just the way they promoted everything he's done for Make-a-Wish and all that sort of stuff. They won't have Cena go bad or fail against the Nexus. Wade Barrett will still stick around, and Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and David Otunga are all pretty safe career-wise. I do think we'll see the Nexus angle toppled at Hell in a Cell.

bigslimjj
10-03-2010, 04:10 PM
The only thing Cena's not winning is his share 45 bucks that I'd have to pay to see this poop per view.

Beth Phoenix Fan
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
if big show were to join the nexus this should be his entrance theme

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzUF_6GolyA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzUF_6GolyA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RiX1024
10-04-2010, 06:55 AM
i predicted Cena to lose and i'm glad he's joined NExus....this will be interesting.

Triple Naitch
10-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't see the storyline ending the way everyone wants to. I could see Cena breaking up Nexus from within. Create conflict and cause dissention within the ranks. Kinda like CM Punk did in ECW with the New Blood stable.

Xero
10-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah, seriously. Cena isn't going heel. The ideal storyline would to have Cena struggling and eventually have it revealed that he "sees the light" in the way of Nexus. Or something similar that turns Cena heel.

Unfortunately, it's just going to be mopey Cena for a few weeks. He'll be forced into matches against faces and forced to join in on beat downs. He'll probably cause Nexus to lose at either Bragging Rights or Survivor Series (whichever has a Nexus tag match first) then culminate with Cena once again squashing Nexus in a 5/7-on-1.

Triple Naitch
10-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I would love to see a skit of Cena trying to make Nexus profitable. He proposes to Barrett new hats, shirts, mugs which look exactly like his old merch. Barrett rejects the idea, but Heath Slater thinks the hats look pretty cool.

Snowden
10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Just like everyone said, Cena will probably "take down the Nexus from within," as it seems like the natural culmination to the story, tbh.

That doesn't mean that the booking of the angle will be bad. For once, Cena has become a truly sympathetic character...I mean shit, he DIDN'T overcome the odds this time, which was the shock that was read in every fan's face. That alone was a brilliant booking decision, and Nexus is completely revitalized because of it.

Plus, they really made Barrett look like a star. He dominated a large majority of the match, kicked out of the AA, and didn't tap out while the ref was distracted. Yes, he won by shenanigans, but thats what heels do...all things considered, he came off as strong as he could have.

I feel like they'll tease heel Cena, but won't pull the trigger...which is fine. If he's going to turn, it won't be while in the Nexus...he needs to turn on the fans for giving up on him AFTER he leaves the Nexus.

Xero
10-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I love that Barrett kicked out of the FU clean and with authority..

The Pope
10-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Just like everyone said, Cena will probably "take down the Nexus from within," as it seems like the natural culmination to the story, tbh.

So he needs to cheat to win his wars?

itsmeJD
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I love that Barrett kicked out of the FU clean and with authority..

I totally marked out for Barrett kicking out because the FU tends to be the ONLY finishing move that no one kicks out of. So when Barrett did I celebrated only to find my 4 year old (who loves John Cena) looking at me like I had just told him Santa didn't exist.

Sixx
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
if big show were to join the nexus this should be his entrance theme

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzUF_6GolyA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzUF_6GolyA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

UGH

Snowden
10-04-2010, 12:46 PM

?

Rebelling against the Nexus doesn't seem to me to equal cheating...at least, thats what I was trying to say he'd do.

Volare
10-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I want to see Cena in a Nexus titantron.

The Pope
10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
If he can't take them head on and he'd rather sabotage the group by first joining them, that sounds like cheating or a coward's way out. Not a good role-model type of thing either.

Xero
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
He was forced into the situation. It wouldn't make sense, assuming he's going to stay face in the end, not to resist and plot to take them down.

DLVH84
10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
If Barrett loses, I see him going to Smackdown and doing a version of Drew McIntyre's "Chosen One" gimmick based on Syfy's President being British also.

It would be awesome, if it's Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett as a tag team called "The Chosen Ones."

The Pope
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
It would be awesome, if it's Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett as a tag team called "The Chosen Ones."

That tag team name sucks.

The Pope
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
ur stupid

itsmeJD
10-04-2010, 05:43 PM

It would be so awesome in fact, that they'd team them up for 3-4 weeks, then break them up because Vince realized there was a tag team in his company with a team name....that's a no no in the WWE. Successful tag teams can't have team names and their ring attire must not match in any way...

parkmania
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
We all should have realized before Husky clocked Cena that it was a plant doing the run-in - they didn't immediately take all cameras off him.

itsmeJD
10-04-2010, 06:23 PM
very true, but I assumed it was also because it was to have been the intended finish. I thought it was handled well though. My kid on the other hand pouted for a fucking half hour afterwards.

Fox
10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

It's not cheating. Trojan Horse attack. Or Giant Rabbit.

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail067.jpg

parkmania
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
What if we built this large wooden badger???

D Mac
10-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Finally got to watch it and I have to say, I marked out big time. It's about time they do something different other then

Cena wins

MaxPower
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM

Its like a band being named the Lone Rangers :lol:

parkmania
10-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Its like a band being named the Lone Rangers :lol:

or a tag team known as Generation Me. :shifty:

Tom Guycott
10-07-2010, 07:54 AM

... managed by "The Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett. Choke on that, slapnuts!