PDA

View Full Version : Push; Midcard; and Future Endeavor

Next Big Thing
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
As Innovator astutely pointed out last time, this thread is a version of the old playground favorite: Fuck; Marry; Kill. But instead of picking one bitch to marry, one bitch to screw, and one bitch to kill you're taking three wrestlers and picking one to push to the main event level, one to relegate to the midcard, and one to send to TNA. And to those of you who want to show how smart you are by pointing out that WWE would never release blah blah blah (Cough FourFifty Cough Cough)... It's a game.

Group One:

Ted Dibiase
Cody Rhodes
Drew McIntyre

Group Two (This Group was done last time, I just want to see if any opinions have changed):

Miz
Morrison
Swagger

Group Three (Announcer Version... I guess this would be more of a ranking):

Cole
Lawler
Striker

Group Four:

Edge
Christian
Rey Mysterio

Do all four or only those that intrigue you....

Londoner
10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Lol. Nice idea for a game, might do it later.

XCaliber
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Group One:

Push - Ted Dibiase
Midcard - Drew McIntyre
Future Endeavor - Cody Rhodes

Group Two:

Push - Miz
Midcard - Morrison
Future Endeavor - Swagger

Group Three:

Push - Cole
Midcard - Striker
Future Endeavor - Lawler

Group Four:

Push - Edge
Midcard - Rey Mysterio
Future Endeavor - Christian

Lock Jaw
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase: Push
Cody Rhodes: Midcard
Drew McIntyre: Future Endeavored

McIntyre just has not impressed me at all, aside from his theme music.

Group Two (This Group was done last time, I just want to see if any opinions have changed):

Miz: Push
Morrison: Midcard
Swagger: Future Endeavored

Don't like firing Swagger, but I think Morrison would be the better bet to keep around for a solid midcard guy.

Cole: Push
Lawler: Future Endeavored
Striker: Midcard

Cole is kinda getting a push as it is. Striker I feel that he tries way too hard sometimes to be liked by the internet, but he is still better than King.

Group Four:

Edge: Midcard
Christian: Push
Rey Mysterio: Future Endeavored

This one is tough. From a business standpoint it should probably be the complete opposite of what I have. From a standpoint of me being a huge Christian mark.... this makes sense. :shifty:

Londoner
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Group One:

Push - Drew McIntyre
Midcard - Ted Dibiase
Future Endeavor - Cody Rhodes

Group Two:

Push - Morrison
Midcard - Miz
Future Endeavor - Swagger (really didn't want to have to put him there)

Group Three:

Push - Cole
Midcard - Striker
Future Endeavor - Lawler

Group Four:

Push - Christian
Midcard - Edge
Future Endeavor - Rey

The Jayman
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Push: Dibiase
Midcard: McIntyre
Future Endeavor: Rhodes

Push: Miz
Midcard: Morrison
Future Endeavor: Swagger

Push: Cole
Midcard: Striker
Future Endeavor: Lawler

Push: Christian
Midcard: Edge
Future Endeavor: Mysterio

VSG
10-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Group One:

Push - Ted Dibiase
Midcard - Cody Rhodes
Future Endeavor - Drew McIntyre

Group Two:

Push - Miz
Midcard - Swagger
Future Endeavor - Morrison

Group Three:

Push - Cole
Midcard - Striker
Future Endeavor - Lawler

Group Four:

Push - Christian
Midcard - Rey Mysterio
Future Endeavor - Edge

Group 4 is more out of being forced than anything else. Edge is not expected to wrestle after a coupla years.

Londoner
10-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Rhodes over Drew, seriously? Drew is the future of the business, Cody will do fuck all.

VSG
10-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Daddy Rhodes clinches the deal there, frankly. I would rather have Dusty, Dustin and Cody with me than a lone Scot who has already been outshone by Cody in the "getting heat" department.

Londoner
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Drew is Vince's 'chosen one', so there.

VSG
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Ya, we all know how that worked :roll:

The Naitch
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Group One:

Push- Ted Dibiase
Midcard- Cody Rhodes
FE- Drew McIntyre

Push- Miz
Midcard- Morrison
FE- Swagger

1- Cole
3- Lawler
2- Striker

Group Four:

Push- Edge
FE- Christian
Midcard- Rey Mysterio

VSG
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I am surprised you didn't ask a question about the newer wrestlers, Naitch. Looks like you are getting back into the WWE train.

Londoner
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Ya, we all know how that worked :roll:

He's a future wwe champ, just wait n see.

Mr. Pierre
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Group One: Can't I FE all of them...?

Ted Dibiase: Mid-card
Cody Rhodes: Push
Drew McIntyre: FE

Morrison: FE
Swagger: Mid-card

Cole: Push
Lawler: FE
Striker: Mid-card

Group Four:

Edge: FE
Christian: Push
Rey Mysterio: Mid-card

Damn that was hard. It was either I liked all of the members, or couldn't stand any of them.

Waylander
10-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Group One:
Ted Dibiase - Release
Cody Rhodes - Relegate
Drew McIntyre - Push
(Teddy is boring as hell, Maryse is the best part of his matches. Cody I have nothing against but somebody had to be relegated and as somebody else said Drew is the future.)

Group Two:
Miz - Push
Morrison - Relegate
Swagger - Release
(Sorry Swags, we all pegged you for greatness and you've shown us nothing since. Miz is awesome and Morrison is dull.)

Group Three (Announcer Version):
Cole - Relegate
Lawler - Push
Striker - Release
(Striker is in a similar sinking ship as Swagger, he was destined for great things, was given the opportunity and then did nothing with it. Somehow he lost his talent when he got his promotion. While Cole is doing a great job of being despicable I couldn't bring myself to pick him and picked the nostalgic option.)

Group Four:
Edge - Push
Christian - Release
Rey Mysterio - Relegate
(I know you all love Christian but I don't. Every time I see him in a match he looks clumsier than the last time.)

Nicky Fives
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Group One: (The Hardest decision IMO)

Ted Dibiase - midcard
Cody Rhodes - release
Drew McIntyre - push

Group Two:

Miz - midcard
Morrison - release
Swagger - push

Cole - midcard
Lawler - release
Striker - push

Group Four:

Edge - midcard (has had his time in the spotlight)
Christian - push (deserves his spot in the spotlight)
Rey Mysterio - release

Londoner
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Finally some people with common sense(meaning not hating on Drew).

Ultra Mantis
10-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Group One

Push: Cody Rhodes
Midcard: Mcintyre
Release: Dibiase

Group Two

Push: Morrison
Midcard: Swagger
Release: Miz

Group Three

1: Cole
2: Striker
Release: Lawler

Group Four

Push: Christian
Midcard: Rey Mysterio
Release: Edge

The Naitch
10-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I am surprised you didn't ask a question about the newer wrestlers, Naitch. Looks like you are getting back into the WWE train.

I'm pretty familiar with the wrestlers today, I can judge them just by looking at them, even when I was just watching rarely during 2008-2009

I'm just unfamiliar with the storylines. headlines, and angles that I've been missing

I watch frequently as of right now

Gertner
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
How can some of you choose Rhodes to be released!!! Where would I get my grooming tips!?!

St. Jimmy
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase (Midcard)
Cody Rhodes (Push)
Drew McIntyre (Bye)

Miz (Bye)
Morrison (Push)
Swagger (Mid)

Cole (Bye)
Lawler (Mid)
Striker (Push)

Group Four:

Edge (Mid)
Christian (push)
Rey Mysterio (Bye)

Schlomey
10-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase (future endeavor)
Cody Rhodes (push)
Drew McIntyre (midcard)

Group Two

Miz (push)
Morrison (future endeavor)
Swagger ( mid card)

Group Three

Cole (push)
Lawler (future endeavor)
Striker (mid card)

Group Four:

Edge (mid card)
Christian (push)
Rey Mysterio (future endeavor)

Londoner
10-06-2010, 05:55 PM
How can some of you choose Rhodes to be released!!! Where would I get my grooming tips!?!

Bollocks, i should've thought of that.

Skippord
10-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Future Endeavor: Ted Dibiase
Push: Cody Rhodes
Midcard: Drew McIntyre

Group Two:
Future Endeavor: Miz
Push: Morrison
Midcard: Swagger

Group Three:

Future Endeavor: Cole
Midcard: Lawler
Push: Striker

Group Four:

Push: Edge
Midcard: Christian
Future Endeavor: Rey Mysterio

RiX1024
10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase: Push
Cody Rhodes : Future Endeavour
Drew McIntyre: Midcard

Group Two:

Morrison: Future Endeavour
Swagger: Midcard

Group Three:

Cole: Future Endeavour
Lawler: Midcard
Striker: Push

Group Four:

Edge: Push
Christian: Midcard
Rey Mysterio: Future Endeavour

VSG
10-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Fucking Cody Rhodes haters.

Beth Phoenix Fan
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Fucking Cody Rhodes haters.

Im am a 'Dashing' cody rhodes fan

The Naitch
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM

I'm not a big fan of his chicken legs. He needs to wear knee pads, bro!

Schlomey
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
shocked at all the "future endeavors" that Cole is receiving.

TheHart
10-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase - Midcard
Cody Rhodes - Push
Drew McIntyre - FE

Group Two:

Miz - Push
Morrison - Midcard
Swagger - FE

Group Three:

Cole - Push
Lawler - FE
Striker - Midcard

Group Four:

Edge - Midcard
Christian - Push
Rey Mysterio - FE

Next Big Thing
10-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm kind of surprised by all the Swagger FE's. I've always liked him on the mic and I think he's talented enough in the ring. I figured more people would choose to let Morrison go if they had to choose between the three.

Anyone who would release Cody Rhodes is just jealous because he's able to wear a nose ring and not have hate crimes committed against him.

Lock Jaw
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Surprised at the amount of people pushing Christian over Edge.

Schlomey
10-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Cuz Edge has had a bunch of shots while Christian really hasnt...at least thats my opinion.

bigslimjj
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase-Main Event(Without the celebrity envolvement please)
Cody Rhodes-Midcard(Better match ups for him)
Drew McIntyre-Future endeavored (So hard his pony tail falls off.)

Miz-Main Event(He's got "it",whatever the hell "It" is.)
Morrison-TNA(More his style,turm it into the "Parkour zone")
Swagger-Midcard(For one more push,if he fails this time GTFO)

Cole-Send his ass to FCW
Lawler-Midcard(Smackdown with Josh Matthews, Todd Grisham can shove off)
Striker-Main event a.k.a. RAW(With J.R. Bah Gawd)

Group Four:

Edge-Main Event(After Linda loses maybe he can actually be Rated R)
Christian-Back to TNA(Where he was the most over he's been as a single competitor)
Rey Mysterio-Midcard(Time to push the new guys Rey)

Schlomey
10-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Linda has actually gone ahead or at least tied in the poles so who knows what will happen. Good chance now she'll actually win.

VSG
10-07-2010, 01:02 AM
She was 11% behind a day ago.

Aguakate
10-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase-Push
Cody Rhodes-Midcard
Drew McIntyre-Future Endeavored

Group Two:

Miz-Midcard
Morrison-Push
Swagger-Future Endeavored

Cole-Midcard
Lawler-Push
Striker-Future Endeavored

Group Four:

Edge-Midcard
Christian-Future Endeavored
Rey Mysterio-Push

Londoner
10-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Surprised at the amount of people pushing Christian over Edge.

Because Edge is retiring in a couple of years.

Londoner
10-07-2010, 03:59 AM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase-Push
Cody Rhodes-Midcard

Group Two:

Miz-Midcard
Morrison-Push
Swagger-Future Endeavored

Cole-Midcard
Lawler-Push
Striker-Future Endeavored

Group Four:

Edge-Midcard
Christian-Future Endeavored
Rey Mysterio-Push

thank god you're not running the company!!

Tom Guycott
10-07-2010, 07:47 AM
My subjective 2 cents worth:

Push - Cody Rhodes
Midcard - Drew McIntyre
Future Endeavor - Ted Dibiase

When Legacy broke up, everyone expected DiBiase to shoot to the freakin' moon, while Cody somehow became a weaksauce tag partner for Goldie for awhile before getting Superstars jobber duty. Teddy has that "it" factor, but he's currently, and ironically, in the spot Cody was in the first place. He's not really given time to showcase his talents in a way that makes sense for him to, while Cody has taken the vanity ball and run with it for multiple touchdowns. Teddy can go be the man in TNA for a bit, like Christian, and get his legs. Drew just needs to bide a little more time.

Group Two:

Push - Miz
Midcard - Swagger
Future Endeavor - Morrison

Much like Elijah Burke, Morrison is being underused for his in ring talent and could make a splash in Florida (and I don't mean FCW). Miz is getting his due now, and Swagger, as with McIntyre, just needs to bide his time until his stars line up.

Group Three:

Push - Cole
Midcard - Striker
Future Endeavor - Lawler

Cole needs to go full heel. Even with the push he's getting now, he switches sides too often, from full on ass-kissing heel (loves Miz, hates R-Truth), to objective commentator calling matches with "journalistic integrity" (the heel in him brings it up, the face in him actually does it), to still doing face like announcing (defending Cena vs Nexus, or the various "somebody stop this!" schtick he does when someone other than Daniel Bryan is getting beat down... and actually, even sometimes wishy-washy on that point.) Striker is great as a "wrestling nerd", but doesn't need to be the voice of the company. Lawler's time has just come to hang it up.

Group Four:

Push - Christian
Midcard - Rey Mysterio
Future Endeavor - Edge

SUPRISE! I was actually a bit torn, as Mysterio could benefit from the lighter schedule of TNA (let's be serious for a minute... ::Lance Storm pose:: if just about ANY person in this entire game were "Future Endeavored", they would likely end up at Universal Studios.) But it would be a major shake-up if Mr. Copeland went south. Let's face it, he's pretty much done everything there is to do in WWE, a fact he can throw in everyone's face in TNA with great flair and cocky conviction. He can actually be "Rated R" with full sanctioning of the company. Rey-Rey can kick-start the new generation of high flyers like Bourne with quality tear-the-house-down losses (and in doing so, still give the rub to Del Rio, who claims responsibility for leaving Rey as a shadow of his former self.) And Christian could finally win "the big one".

XL
10-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase- Midcard
Cody Rhodes- Push

ATM Cody is doing far better than his former partner. I'd be halfway inclined to drop Ted but he hasn't had the huge push that Drew had. It's a tough one but I think Ted has more room to grow given a decent push. WWE seem to have gone cold on Drew - and so have I.

Group Two:

Miz- Push
Morrison- Future Endeavored
Swagger- Midcard

Continue Miz' push to the Main Event. Sorry JoMo, you're the goods in the ring but someone has to go. Go learn some mic skills in TNA and I'll pick you back up when your contract expires. I'ma big fan of Swagger. He can go in the ring, has a legit wrestling background and his promo work is top notch IMO. Was a toss up between Swags and Miz for that ME push.

Cole- Push
Lawler- Future Endeavored
Striker- Midcard

Cole's current persona is awesome - they just need to pull the trigger on him being an asshole GM. I like Striker, he brings something to the booth that a lot of others don't bother to - knowledge. And speaking of those others that don't bother - Mr Phoning-My-Job-In himself, Lawler. Could have scrapped him 5 years ago and I'd have been happy.

Group Four:

Edge- Midcard
Christian- Push
Rey Mysterio- Future Endeavored

Rey's knees are shot. He adds nothing to the show other than a couple of lame flashy moves but he shills merch. Go work a light schedule in TNA. Meh. Edge is winding down as we speak. I'd drop him to midcard to start elevating talent there so we can look to the future. With that in mind, Xtian is the healthiest (or at least was) of the 3 and still has room to progress, Use him to fill the gap left by Edge until the younger guys are put over.

Snowden
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Group One:

Ted Dibiase - Futyre Endeavored
Cody Rhodes - Push
Drew McIntyre - Midcard

Honestly, what the fuck has Ted done to really deserve a push? He's decent in the ring, has an ok look, and is passable on the mic. Cody is worlds better than Ted on the stick and between the ropes, and Drew is at least as good as Teddy while having much more of a presence about him.

Miz - Push
Morrison - Future Endeavor
Swagger - Midcard

Miz is one of the best mic workers the WWE has, period, and his ring work has been solid and steadily improving...he's the easy push choice here. As for endeavoring Morrison over Swagger...I just don't see the world of difference in their in ring ability, and I'll take Swagger on the stick by a fair margin. Yes, Morrison is exciting and unique, but Swagger works a really technically solid style, and playing up his wrestling backround in his ring work even more would make his style "pop" too.

Cole - Midcard
Lawler - Future Endeavor
Striker - Push

Lawler is all washed up and just a shadow of his former self. I love Striker's little insights, and if he could pull back on his over the top act he could be a really amazing color guy. Cole is a solid hand, worth keeping around.

Group Four:

Edge - Push
Christian - Midcard
Rey Mysterio - Future Endeavor

And this is from a personal perspective, not a business one...otherwise Rey and his mask selling cash-cow-ness would be squarely in the midcard. Edge is a star, the best of the three on the mic, and can legitimately go from the centerpiece of a show to a supplementary main eventer. Christian has always been a solid hand, and can work the midcard flawlessly. Rey, he's nice and all...but not on the level of E+C.

Aguakate
10-07-2010, 03:01 PM
thank god you're not running the company!!

...it's a matter of opinion, my man.

Londoner
10-07-2010, 03:02 PM
...it's a matter of opinion, my man.

Doesn't mean its a good opinion though. ;)

Aguakate
10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Doesn't mean its a good opinion though. ;)

...In YOUR opinion, MY opinion is not a GOOD opinion...which in MY opinion, is a WRONG opinion.

Londoner
10-07-2010, 03:04 PM

Aguakate
10-07-2010, 03:09 PM
...In YOUR opinion, MY opinion is not a GOOD opinion...which in MY opinion, is a WRONG opinion.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxAKFlpdcfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxAKFlpdcfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Londoner
10-07-2010, 03:18 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxAKFlpdcfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxAKFlpdcfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Your opinions still shit, though. :cool:

Schlomey
10-07-2010, 05:11 PM
She was 11% behind a day ago.

foxnews reported a tie 2-3 days ago. Hence why it's probably a lie.