PDA

View Full Version : If you were a wrestling superstar....

The Naitch
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
...And you loved to wrestle. But you had the choice to retire from WWE on top, or continue wrestling for a lesser company (ie. TNA) just because you love the business and love to wrestle, but at the same time, tarnishing your legacy in the process, what would you do?

Or do you think it's not fair to say that being in TNA is actually tarnishing your legacy?

Swiss Ultimate
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Whatever put food on the table I guess.

whiteyford
10-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I think you'd only be tarnishing your legacy if you put on poor matches or cut incoherent promos each week, if you could still go then why not.

Rammsteinmad
10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
To be honest I find it hard to think of anything as 'tarnishing a legacy' unless it's something drastic like killing your family.

You're no doubt referring to Ric Flair, Sting or Hulk Hogan in TNA, but what about the idea that, obviously, their best days are past them, but they still love wrestling, and while they're still getting paid to do it, why not?

Their legacy will be the memories they have given us in the past. You may not like what they do now, so stick in a DVD and remember what they did do that you loved.

On the other hand, I may sound like a hypocrite here, but I'm annoyed with the likes of Flair and Hogan in TNA as well. I can't stand seeing Hogan hog the spotlight or Flair's sagging tits, but I don't think what they do now in any way ruins what they've done in the past.

Sure, Flair had the big retirement in WWE that people would kill for, but is it really fair for us to make the decision for him that that's the end.

Waylander
10-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Assuming I had the money I'd rather go out on the very top before I started to roll down-hill. I'm personally a huge HBK fan but I'd rather not see him come back because he was so good and I don't want to see him less than that.

Rammsteinmad
10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
But sadly, and I don't mean this in a nasty way towards you, but HBK isn't going to make any life decisions based on what you want.

And in terms of wrestling, as long as he knows his place, that he's a legend past his prime and it's time to give the rub to younger guys, then I'm fine with it.

(This is exactly why I hate Hogan)

Jordan
10-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd rather stay on good terms with WWE, TNA won't be around forever and it's more likley that WWE will give you a call to make appearances or gigs here and there that can pad the wallet, probably more than the few hundred bucks per appearance on TNA.

Plus, TNA really really sucks.

whiteyford
10-23-2010, 05:13 PM
And in terms of wrestling, as long as he knows his place, that he's a legend past his prime and it's time to give the rub to younger guys, then I'm fine with it.

(This is exactly why I hate Hogan)

I think if guys like Hogan and Flair realized that, they wouldnt get accused of 'tarnishing the legacy'. Can't really blame either of them though, if someones paying them and putting them in main event spots why would they say no. I've never been a fan of either of them, but they both need the cash, just wish they'd help get over younger talent more.

Rammsteinmad
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Because they can realise their place in 2010 and say 'yes I'll work for money, but I no longer belong in the main event'.

Sadly this comes down to personal ego, which Hogan, and I guess Flair, have a problem with.

Thank God for people like Chris Jericho.

The Pope
10-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Didn't Shane Helms say that jobbers-upper midcard make crap oppesed to the 1% or 5% that make loads of money? He said something similar like even upper midcard guys will get anywhere from $300-600 a week.

I would choose WWE if I was a 6'4, 270lbs guy. If i'm a 6', 210 lbs guy I go for TNA.

Nicky Fives
10-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I would choose WWE if I was a 6'4, 270lbs guy. If i'm a 6', 210 lbs guy I go for TNA.

perfectly said

Aguakate
10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
You can't blame guys for going to TNA after being in WWE.

When you are a superstar, and you go to TNA, you get to demand whatever you want, you get paid very well, Dixie Carter will cater to whoever has been in WWE, you work less dates, you tape the show at Universal Studios. In WWE Vince is the boss, he is in charge, and if you don't want to do what he tells you to do, you're fired. Simple as that. In TNA, they have the "Oh, PLEASE come to TNA! We want you here! We will do whatever we have to do!" It's not a bad deal to work at TNA...It's just that everything else about TNA sucks.

steveweiser
10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
If you still love the business, and it is what you wake up in the morning living for, then there is no reason why you cant go to a lower/lesser known promotion and do your craft there. Money to me would not be an issue here, if wrestling is what you live for then there is no reason why you can't go to TNA, ROH or even freaking CIMA if it means you can pass your knowledge and experience on to others and help lesser guys to perfect their craft. Legacies will always live forever, your prime being the main focus but your love of the business is always apreciated for what its worth.

DLVH84
10-23-2010, 08:26 PM
If I was a wrestler, I would love to go around the world, where you can explore different flavors of wrestling...like Japan, Germany, Australia, England, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, just to name a few, to develop your profile as a wrestler.

Rammsteinmad
10-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Legacies will always live forever, your prime being the main focus but your love of the business is always apreciated for what its worth.

Exactly.

Hogan is the exception because he doesn't give a shit about the industry, only himself.

chrisat928
10-24-2010, 04:42 AM
What would be the status of health?

Any bad injuries?

Would it be leaving on good terms or bad terms with the company?

SOCCER LEGS
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Didn't Shane Helms say that jobbers-upper midcard make crap oppesed to the 1% or 5% that make loads of money? He said something similar like even upper midcard guys will get anywhere from $300-600 a week.

300 to 600 a week in WWE? no way that's accurate

RiX1024
10-24-2010, 06:08 PM
I'd still be wrestling in the indies building new talent than ruin my legacy and protect my spot on top.