PDA

View Full Version : -------Paul London-------

Marc the Smark
04-22-2004, 04:46 PM
When I was at Wrestlemania 20 I noticed in the crowd a very cool sign. It said, "Paul London = Ratings." Well, I am writing today to say I couldn't agree more.

When London was in ROH I watched almost all of his matches, and I can honestly say that not one of them was bad. The crowd, as some of you know, went absolutely crazy for his high flying moves, and the fact that he was not afraid to take a risk to please the crowd. He also has decent technical skills.

So when I heard he had been signed by the WWE I was very pleased.The thought of dream matches against RVD, HBK, Cris Benoit, Ray Mysterio... the list was endless. I can't understand why he's stuck on Velocity.

Now, I know the WWE is the land of the giants, but why cant they give him a chance??? "In time," you might say, but the way it's going now he'll never get there. When I saw London get squashed by Brock Lesner on Smackdown I was horrified. He never deserved that. In fact, I'll go so far as to say he's better than RVD.

Anyway, I think the WWE is missing the boat with Paul London. He has all the tools to be a decent Smackdown Cruiserweight, at the very least, but I would even love to see him in the mid card division. He could be having great feuds with guys like Cena, RVD, and others.

I'm not saying put him against them now - but build him up (like they did with Cena, Benjamin and Haas.) I just think he deserves a chance, and the same can be said for Kidman. Why are we still asking for Bret Hart, when we have young and talented guys who are the future of the business?

PureHatred
04-22-2004, 04:52 PM
His mic work is mediocre. At best. That's a big part of why he's not getting pushed. I think he's great, too. But this isn't the first talented cruiserweight the WWE has wasted. I keep hoping they'll team him up with Billy Kidman (who has similar mic work problems) give them a manager to get them over (say...Jim Cornette?) and let them have a Rockers-esque run as super faces in the tag division.

Marc the Smark
04-22-2004, 04:55 PM
His mic work is mediocre. At best. That's a big part of why he's not getting pushed. I think he's great, too. But this isn't the first talented cruiserweight the WWE has wasted. I keep hoping they'll team him up with Billy Kidman (who has similar mic work problems) give them a manager to get them over (say...Jim Cornette?) and let them have a Rockers-esque run as super faces in the tag division.

Actually, giving them a manager (especially Cornette) might be a great idea. But I didn't even know they're a tag team. Have they been winning their matches? Why aren't they on Smackdown? And about Paul London (and Kidman) having problems with the mic, I'm not sure about that. They haven't been given a chance, so how we do know how they'd do?

PureHatred
04-22-2004, 05:02 PM
I've heard Kidman's mic work in WCW. And London cut a few promos in RoH. Neither men were impressive.

And they've teamed up a couple times on Velocity. It should just be more of a permanent thing IMO.

Marc the Smark
04-22-2004, 05:03 PM
I've heard Kidman's mic work in WCW. And London cut a few promos in RoH. Neither men were impressive.

But do you think if they had a better character they could more easily pull it off? Maybe.

Funky Fly
04-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Actually, giving them a manager might be a great idea. But I didn't even know they're a tag team. Have they been winning their matches? Why aren't they on Smackdown? And about Paul London (and Kidman) having problems with the mic, I'm not sure about that. They haven't been given a chance, so how we do know how they'd do?
They tagged once I believe. But if they tagged together, they would be one hell of an addition to the Tag division. That would make it the Dudleys, the Bashams, Rikishi/Scotty, Kyo Dai and... that's it.

PureHatred
04-22-2004, 05:24 PM
But do you think if they had a better character they could more easily pull it off? Maybe.

No. Some guys just have mic skills. Some don't. Do you really think giving London a gimmick would help? I understand being a fan of a worker, but sometimes you just have to admit their weaknesses. Like Low Ki: love the guy, but he can't cut a promo to save his life.

They tagged once I believe. But if they tagged together, they would be one hell of an addition to the Tag division. That would make it the Dudleys, the Bashams, Rikishi/Scotty, Kyo Dai and... that's it.

You could throw the F.B.I. and Holly/Gunn in there..not sure if that's much of an adition. :-\

Marc the Smark
04-22-2004, 05:30 PM
No. Some guys just have mic skills. Some don't. Do you really think giving London a gimmick would help? I understand being a fan of a worker, but sometimes you just have to admit their weaknesses. Like Low Ki: love the guy, but he can't cut a promo to save his life.

Heh. Maybe. So then give them a manager, or some other kind of mouth piece. I have no problem with that, as long as they're getting a chance. Right now, they're not, and it looks like they may never. Weren't Mysterio and Kidman supposed to feud with each other a while ago? What happened to that? It's a damn shame.

Funky Fly
04-22-2004, 07:37 PM
You could throw the F.B.I. and Holly/Gunn in there..not sure if that's much of an adition. :-\
The FBI have been a joke for ages. And now Palumbo isn't even being used. So they don't count.

And anything involving Bobcore Plugg Thurman is a waste of time.

The Ravishing One
04-22-2004, 07:43 PM
When it comes to mic skills you cant get better than Steve Blackman.

The Ravishing One
04-22-2004, 07:43 PM
:shifty:

Just thought id add my 10 cents

Mikey
04-23-2004, 11:27 PM
And anything involving Bobcore Plugg Thurman is a waste of time.

:lol: