PDA

View Full Version : What happend with the original "New Superstar Initiative"

Rollermacka
10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
I remember the first time WWECW did the New Superstar Initiative there was alot of guys that got called up to the main roster. Most of them like Shawn Spears, Ryan Braddock, and Scotty Gold (Colt Cabana) didnt even get a chance to really showcase what they had to offer. The only to that had any success were Ricky Ortiz (who didnt really last long) and the main one was Jack Swagger. Braken Walker is joked about but he was good as apart of AMW. Was there any other real talent you remember any other talent that was around at that time, Bam Neely or Armando Estrada, that should have been kept around?

Side note, when did Swagger start comming out with the Gobbledy Gooker? Whats the story behind it?

Mondo
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Side note, when did Swagger start comming out with the Gobbledy Gooker? Whats the story behind it?

It is the "Swagger soaring eagle" or something like that. He brought it out when he was in Oklahoma doing some sort of homecoming thing and has kept it around....and its Chavo...which is ironic as the Gobbledy Gooker was Hector Guerrero!

Chavo Classic
10-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Yoshi Tatsu and Evan Bourne also. ECW was a joke really; the less said the better.

DAMN iNATOR
10-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I think it left when ECW did, not sure though. May have been just before or just after that, though, as I think Drew McIntyre may have been mentioned as being brought in under the NSI.

Lock Jaw
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Sheamus

parkmania
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I think the NSA ended about the time that Teddy Long went back to Smackdown. There may have been 1 or 2 guys come in while Tiffany was in charge, but not many.

erickman
10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
It is the "Swagger soaring eagle" or something like that. He brought it out when he was in Oklahoma doing some sort of homecoming thing and has kept it around....and its Chavo...which is ironic as the Gobbledy Gooker was Hector Guerrero!

like father like son, what else is funny he is still jobing to hornswagle as the eagle.

BollywoodSingh
10-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Hector is Chavo Jr.'s uncle.

Hanso Amore
10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Yes, Chavo JR's father's name is Hector.

Way to think that through Erickman

The Naitch
10-28-2010, 05:41 PM
the eagle is good stuff. I don't mind watching Swagger now, now that he has the eagle with him.

Emperor Smeat
10-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Most of the new wrestlers done with the "New Superstar Initiative" ended up either being released, forgotten, or pushed a bit but then forgotten once moved onto the main brands.

NXT ended up becoming the "New Superstar Initiative" show once ECW was dropped although they stated to drop people after a short while with Nexus (ex. Black Cena/Darren Young).

Rollermacka
10-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Most of the new wrestlers done with the "New Superstar Initiative" ended up either being released, forgotten, or pushed a bit but then forgotten once moved onto the main brands.

NXT ended up becoming the "New Superstar Initiative" show once ECW was dropped although they stated to drop people after a short while with Nexus (ex. Black Cena/Darren Young).

That's what I'm kinda curious about. I was looking at there FCW/ OVW stuff and Spears was a former heavyweight champ, Estrada and Braddock had pretty good bodyguard gimmicks. (Estrada would have been good guard for Davari since he did it before) I think most of them just kinda got the short end and didnt get a chance to show what they could do

Beth Phoenix Fan
10-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Sheamus
Tyler Reks
Yoshi Tatsu
Vance Archer
Abraham Washington

thedamndest
10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
The original New Superstar Initiative was on Smackdown and produced such wonders as KC James and Idol Stevens.

The Naitch
10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
On October 16, 2007, a "talent exchange" was started between the SmackDown and ECW brands, allowing their respective talent to appear on either brand.[14][15] On May 6, 2008, ECW celebrated its 100th episode on Sci Fi.[16] On June 3, 2008 Estrada was replaced by Theodore Long as General Manager of ECW. On the September 8, 2008 edition of Raw it was announced a "talent exchange" was started between the Raw and ECW brands, allowing their respective talent to appear on either brand. (Following the 2009 WWE Draft, both of these talent exchanges were quietly dropped.)

Lock Jaw
10-29-2010, 09:36 PM
All that talent exchange thing amounted to was John Morrison and The Miz appearing on all shows. Ditto for anybody else.