PDA

View Full Version : Who are wrestling legends?

glanville6
11-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Just watching a stream of the 2000 Survivor Series. This was the 10 year anniversary of the Undertaker. 10 years later, its now the 20th anniversary of the Undertaker.

When I saw 'Taker in the stream from ten years ago, I didn't think "Legend." Probably because he wasn't in his deadman gimmick. He was also a contender for the title.

Fast forward to 2010 Survivor Series, 'Taker is here but on the shelf, but is also fresh off of a title program. But him being in the title picture now, in my opinion, is because of nostalgia, and not his skill.

So, in your opinion, when did 'Taker become a legend?

Also, who are legends of wrestling?

I say in the time I've been around, Hogan, Flair, Sting, Bret Hart, HBK, Austin

Wondering if you think these guys are legends-

The Rock
Edge
Macho Man
Warrior
Kurt Angle
HHH
Kane
Goldberg
Kevin Nash
Whoever else you want to discuss

Also tell the moment that would put them in legendary status.

Droford
11-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Larry Zbyszko

oh wait

Supreme Olajuwon
11-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Legend is a pretty strong word. And honestly of the people I've been around to see wrestle, only Hogan and Austin would be my for sure picks. Flair is a maybe. And that's it.

Supreme Olajuwon
11-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Oh yeah and Vince too.

Stickman
11-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Hogan, Piper, Flair, Hart, Austin, Rock, HBK, Taker, Mr. Perfect......there may be bias in my list.

Seth82
11-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Flair
Nick Bockwinkel
Randy Savage
Lou Thesz
Harley Race
Terry Funk
Dusty Rhodes

Wishbone
11-06-2010, 02:13 AM
The Rock isn't a legend in my eyes atleast not yet I mean he's one of the top stars the business has ever seen but he's just not in that legendary status yet althow I truly believe one day he'll be considered a legend.

Edge is no where near legend status but I believe given the time and a few more great moments he could reach that area.

Macho Man is definatly a legend of the wrestling business and deserves that status. I'm not really sure when he reached it but the fact that many pop culture referances to wrestling use characters similar to him and his voice shows the impact he's had.

Ultimate Warrior hasn't really reached legend status in my eyes and as a result of his time being over probably never will. That's not to say he wasn't great because he was, he's just not a fullfledged legend in my opinion.

Kurt Angle isn't a legend yet but will definatly become one in the comming years. He hasn't had the widespread impact some legends have but his impact on the business in my opinion is more than enough to make him a future legend.

HHH is in the same boat as Edge here capable of legend status but not quite there yet and won't be for atleast a few more years.

Kane isn't a legend and probably won't be until he breaks free of the Undertaker's shadow which honestly he will probably never do.

Goldberg in my honest opinion didn't do alot for the business and at this point won't be doing any more so he doesn't deserve and probably never will get to legend status.

Kevin Nash is like Goldberg nothing special and most likley never will be.

As for those you mentioned....

Undertaker is stratling the edge of being a legend he's basically done it all and I think his defining moment will be when he has his final match which hopfully will happen at a 'mania.

Hogan is one of the rare few who reached legend status while still wrestling and I believe his defining moment was defeating Andre at wrestlmania 3.

Flair is a legend but like Macho Man didn't really have a defining moment he just sort of got there eventually.

Sting isn't a legend but is definatly and icon (no pun intended). He's acomplished much but just isn't deserving of legend status in my eyes.

Bret Hart is a legend and despite the circumstances I'd say his defining moment was oddly enough the screw job because in truth it put him down in history better than any match ever could.

HBK is a legend and earned that right at 'mania 25 when he battled Taker in what very well may be one of the greatest matches of this century.

Austin like Rock just isn't quite ready to be a legend. Althow he's one of the staples of the wrestling world and mega star in his own right I think he needs a few more years before being called a fullfledged legend.

As for others I'd consider legends.......

Ricky Steamboat was the man who really brought the idea of a 'high-flyer' to American audiences and is a legend for it in my eyes.

Roddy Piper because while some may disagree I believe he was a big factor in creating heels as we know them today.

Andre the Giant was a man who created wrestling's arguably bigest star and helped put the WWF/WWE on the map.

Fabulous Molah (may have spelled it wrong) put women's wrestling on the map in the USA and paved the way for all the Trish Stratus' and Lita's of today.

As for my pics for future legends.......

Chris Jericho is as he says "The best in the world at what I do." he has not only entertained millions but helped put over other future legends and proved that size doesn't always matter in the wresting industry.

John Cena while many hate to say it is the Hulkster of this generation and like Rock and Austin won't be a legend till long after his time in the ring has passed. None the less Cena will in my opinion one day be a legend.

Rey Mysterio brought the idea of a masked wrestler to the USA and helped bring the latino culture into American wrestling and therefore is in my eyes worthy of one day down the line being a legend of wrestling.

Eddie Guerrero like Rey cemented the latino culture into American wrestling and did it better than even Rey in my eyes and for that will one day in my opinion be a wrestling legend.

Randy Orton has already gone down in history by becoming the youngest world champion in history and the man is only about 30 years old now which means he has many years left to expand that legacy furthur.

Nicky Fives
11-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
The Rock
Lou Thesz
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Jerry "The King" Lawler (as a wrestler, not commentator)
Sting
The Undertaker

that's all I got..... HHH was close to making the cut, but I feel as though he has a feel years left to prove.....

MoFo
11-06-2010, 01:40 PM

The Rock
Edge
Macho Man
Warrior
Kurt Angle
HHH
Kane
Goldberg
Kevin Nash

All but Edge are legends.

BollywoodSingh
11-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Legend is a pretty strong word. And honestly of the people I've been around to see wrestle, only Hogan and Austin would be my for sure picks. Flair is a maybe. And that's it.

How the hell is Flair only a maybe?

HBPunk
11-06-2010, 02:26 PM
So, in your opinion, when did 'Taker become a legend?

Also, who are legends of wrestling?

I say in the time I've been around, Hogan, Flair, Sting, Bret Hart, HBK, Austin

The Rock
Edge
Macho Man
Warrior
Kurt Angle
HHH
Kane
Goldberg
Kevin Nash

In my opinion the guy playing Undertaker isn't a legend, whoever came up with the character is. Anyone who wrestles 3-6 times a year can fuck off.

All the guys you mentioned are legends, tho Goldberg is only there cos of his superb WCW gimmick which was like 18 months.

The moment i 'would put them in legendary status' is now cos you just asked. Otherwise i dont understand your question

The Pope
Not Golberg, Edge needs one final, big babyface push

The Pope
Goldust

dhellova guy
11-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Legend is such a subjective term. A legend to me is someone who has done something I will never forget, that one day i'll be sitting on my couch with my kids watching wrestling, telling them about the time I saw the most amazing thing i've ever seen.

Hogan, Flair, Austin, Taker and HBK are all legends in my mind, but so is Mick Foley. Foley has probably left the most indellible moments in my mind of anyone.

MoFo
11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Jake The Snake
Mr Perfect
Rick Rude
Ted DiBiase

Brigstocke
11-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Hogan - He is wrestling to most people in the world. Ask your average person on the street who dosen't watch wrestling to name a wrestler and he will be their answer.

Bret Hart - The best match builder we have ever seen.

HBK - The best all round performer we have ever seen.

The Rock - The best 'talker' ever.

Austin - The man who defined 10-12 years of 'the greatest era in wrestling history'

Foley - The man who would truely do anything with his body for our entertainment. - That bump off the cage against taker cemented him as a legend.

Flair - Woooooooo!

Macho Man - Most likeable man in wrestling history?

DX - As a group they are legendary, only two men from that group will ever be considered legends.

The Miz - AWESOME!

D Mac
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/psychosidpromotions/sidpaper12345.jpg?v=218250

JimmyMess
11-06-2010, 03:18 PM
When I think legend, I think of two types:

A legend within the business (the fans know, the wrestlers know, etc.)
A legend outside the business (the casual fan, random Joe who watches TV and movies)

Within the business I'd say these legends are:
- Hogan
- Flair
- Harley Race
- Zybysko
- Stu Hart
- Vince
- Bret
- HBK
- 'Taker
- Gorilla Monsoon
- Andre
- and many more, just a small list off the top of my head

Outside of the business (which I would call the real icons/legends)
- Hogan
- Steve Austin

These two names are the Michael Jordan, or Wayne Gretzky, or Tiger Woods of wrestling because everyone knows them regardless. Hogan more than Austin overall, but these two still take the cake.

As for your list I don't see that many "legends".... perhaps Macho if he ever gets a chance to put a true end to his career (HoF or something along those lines)

Supreme Olajuwon
11-06-2010, 03:38 PM
How the hell is Flair only a maybe?

Because I got to choose my list and that's what I decided.

The Pope
11-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Outside of the business (which I would call the real icons/legends)
- Hogan
- Steve Austin

These two names are the Michael Jordan, or Wayne Gretzky, or Tiger Woods of wrestling because everyone knows them regardless. Hogan more than Austin overall, but these two still take the cake.

You can throw The Rock in there too

jskinnyg
11-06-2010, 06:11 PM
WOOOOOOO!!!! Flair is a legend for me for sure... As well as SCSA, Hogan, HBK, Vinnie Mac, Kurt Angle and Jericho... There are others but those are mine... Even though I hate Hogan...

Oh, and Taker is there...

DLVH84
11-06-2010, 07:34 PM
My list is too long to name them all.

Rammsteinmad
11-06-2010, 07:41 PM
So name some of the ones who haven't been listed already.

Ironballs
11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Rock is one of the three biggest stars in wrestling history. He transcended the business. I understand why a lot of you guys are snubbing him, but i don't believe you.

glanville6
11-06-2010, 09:09 PM
There has to be some kind of formula. Years of service? Title runs? Lack of major title runs(Curt Hennig, Ricky Steamboat)? Loyalty?

The Rock is tough...8 years in the WWE- but really not much in 2003 and the one match in 2004 at WM 20. Legend? Eh, I don't know. I like him a lot, I'd put him as an all time great, but calling him a legend is kind of pushing it.

Goldberg, no he is not a legend. But, as someone said, based on his streak, he is legendary.

HHH- another tough one. He has a ton of reins, he is going to run WWE someday, he was over both as a face and heel- but is he always someone people are going to talk about? I don't know. We'll never forget him,but I don't think he's a guy people will, again as said by someone, tell our children how great HHH was.

But again, as said by someone, the list is subjective. Whoever you put as a legend is a legend to you.

Shisen Kopf
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man

Jeritron
11-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure how I'd judge it. But I am sure that there's not a formula. It sort of just has to happen.

I would say that the list of legends is different depending on what connection you have to the wrestling world.
Hardcore fans and "students of the game" probably have a much larger list of legends.
More casual fans probably only would recognize a handful of guys.

I think Shawn and Taker have reached legend status. Austin and Hogan were already there, as Flair probably was too. I'm not sure what impact Flair's endless participation in wrestling does to his legacy. In the long run, probably nothing. But at the moment, I think he's come down a notch compared to where he was in my eyes 3 years ago.

Not sure about Bret, The Rock, HHH and others. They certainly have legacies.
Andre The Giant is a legend. I think Taker and Andre are almost mythical characters in the history of wrestling, rather than just legendary wrestlers.

I also feel like more old school wrestlers are considered legends by industry historians. Bruno, Kowalski, etc. Others from the different territories.
But they aren't really recognized as much by fans from the post-Hogan era, or casual fans, so it's hard to say.

The problem I have making this list, as a lifelong fan, is the tendency to just keep adding names. It's hard to draw the line. Everytime you add one, it qualifies more.

crusnik
11-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Bruno Sammartino,How can this man not be a legend?He has the longest wwf/e title reign in history(12 years) He help start some of those who were also nominated .In his prime and even afterwards for a while,no one could touch him .I would pit him (again when in his prime) against anyone tapped here in this thread as a legend.Killer Kowalski once said of Bruno that "the man was inhuman" ....this coming from the man who trained HHH!I'm sorry if this is long winded but Bruno does not get the credit he deserves in my opinion.

Also the following:

Dusty Rhodes
Bob Backlund...
Superstar Billy Graham
Gorilla Monsoon

I know that these wrestlers were before the 80's n what not,but i figured that everyone else picked Taker,Austin ,Hogan and Flair (they are the obvious choices ) that I would others that many have eityher forgotton or don't know about , thank you.

Eklipse
11-07-2010, 09:04 AM
In my opinion the guy playing Undertaker isn't a legend, whoever came up with the character is. Anyone who wrestles 3-6 times a year can fuck off.

All the guys you mentioned are legends, tho Goldberg is only there cos of his superb WCW gimmick which was like 18 months.

The moment i 'would put them in legendary status' is now cos you just asked. Otherwise i dont understand your question

Wow..you put Kane and Goldberg as legends over 'Taker?

There is something wrong with your logic.

The Pope
11-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Scott Hall

bigslimjj
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Anyone good enough to hold the title in both companies WWF and WCW,are legends.If you are the top guy in both major brands you are legendary.Hogan,flair,Macho,nash,The Berg,even Booker T. . And of course Austin,Rock,HHH,HBK,Taker,Sgt. Slaughter,Angle and more.

glanville6
11-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone good enough to hold the title in both companies WWF and WCW,are legends.If you are the top guy in both major brands you are legendary.Hogan,flair,Macho,nash,The Berg,even Booker T. . And of course Austin,Rock,HHH,HBK,Taker,Sgt. Slaughter,Angle and more.

I was wondering if anyone would have included Booker T

bigslimjj
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone would have included Booker THe's a ten time tag champ as well. I would also like to include L.O.D.,Dudley's, Dusty Rhodes. and the collective original Four Horsemen.

jskinnyg
11-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow..you put Kane and Goldberg as legends over 'Taker?

There is something wrong with your logic.

I second that...:n:

weather vane
11-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Hogan
Austin
Flair
Ray Rougeau

SaskatchewanChamp
11-07-2010, 03:32 PM
For all of you who don't have Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a legend, there is truly something wrong with your head. (That means you are a retard)

jskinnyg
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
For all of you who don't have Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a legend, there is truly something wrong with your head. (That means you are a retard)

Legend on the Mic for DAMN Sure... He is a legend in my opinion, but he wasn't really around very long... Long enough for me, but maybe not everyone...

Tom Guycott
11-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Honestly, trying to put aside all of the markish, smarkish, IWC biases and reasoning aside... Jericho.

Putting aside his mat work, ring psychology, ethic, mic skills, etc... I've mentioned before that he's right at that edge where he, much like someone such as Flair, will get a face pop no matter how hard he goes heel. He's a veteran to the likes of the second comings of Hogan and Austin (really, do I have to name them?), and he (arm)dragged damn fine matches out "confirmed" legends such as Steamboat.

He may have gotten there years faster than loads of others who reached that pinnacle, but still deserves to be in the conversation even without having a head full of grey or "best years behind him" having to be uttered.

James Steele
11-08-2010, 02:53 AM
I would add Ric Flair to legend status outside the business, but that might be more of a regional thing than anything. (People in the South know who Ric Flair is).

Jeritron
11-08-2010, 02:56 AM
I think most people between the ages of 20 and 50 seem to know who Ric Flair is around me as well.
Everybody seems to know him for "WOOO" if anything.

James Steele
11-08-2010, 02:58 AM
I would argue Sting too, but thats a bit more of a stretch especially since its been 10 years since he was in a major promotion.

JimmyMess
11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah I guess I would probably put The Rock as a legend because of his smooth transition of Iconic wrestler to A-lister in Hollywood. But I guess I have a hard time putting him along Hogan and Austin because they are so closely linked to the business. Both have been referred to as the greatest of all time by Vince, whereas the Rock was a great performer at the perfect time. He didn't change the business like Hogan did, or Austin did.

DLVH84
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Singles - United States:
Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, Sting, Lex Luger, Barry Windham, Nikita Koloff, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A., Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, The Undertaker, Brian Pillman, Brad Armstrong, Dean Malenko, Joe Malenko, Dory Funk, Jr., Terry Funk, Ted DiBiase, Sr., Curt Hennig, Arn Anderson, Big Van Vader, Blackjack Mulligan, Shane Douglas, Sid Vicious, Danny Spivey, Mike Rotundo/I.R.S., Larry Zbyszko, Verne Gagne, Ricky Steamboat, Rick Rude, Blackjack Lanza, Gory Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Sr., Mando Guerrero, Hector Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero, Tully Blanchard, Tom Prichard, Tim Horner, Dick Murdoch, Masked Superstar/Demolition Ax, Pat Tanaka, Marty Jannetty, 2 Cold Scorpio, Maxx Payne, Kurt Angle, Sgt. Slaughter, Paul Orndorff, Jimmy Garvin, Ron Garvin, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Steve Williams...there's too much to name!!!

Rammsteinmad
11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Dean Malenko are you kidding me?! Don't get me wrong, DM is probably in my top ten of all time, but there's no way he'll ever be considered a legend.

MoFo
11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Marty Jannetty, 2 Cold Scorpio,

Wat

DrA
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not wrestling legends anytime soon.

weather vane
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
K for real

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Steve Austin
Vince McMahon
The Undertaker
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
Andre the Giant
Randy Savage

Those are legends...

DLVH84
11-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Singles - Canada:
Stu Hart, Jacques Rougeau, Sr., Emile Dupree, Al Tomko, Stan Stasiak, Don Eagle, John Tolos, Chris Tolos, Ron Garvin, Bronko Lubich, Jos LeDuc, Gene Kiniski, Bulldog Bob Brown, Kerry Brown, Dino Bravo, Brute Bernard, Chi Chi Cruz, Ivan Koloff, Killer Kowalski, The Spoiler, Skull Murphy, Raymond Rougeau, Jacques Rougeau, Jr., Michel Martel, Rick Martel, Whipper Billy Watson, Waldo Von Erich, The Beast, Leo Burke, Bobby Kay, Rudy Kay, Ron Hutchinson, Sweet Daddy Siki, The Missing Link, Smith Hart, Bruce Hart, Keith Hart, Ross Hart, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Bronko Nagurski, Angelo Mosca, Chris Benoit, Ben Bassarab, Roddy Piper, Biff Wellington, Phil LaFon, John Tenta, Paul Diamond, Kurrgan, Rambo, Frenchy Martin, The Stomper, Gama Singh, Jason The Terrible, Dr. Luther, Big Titan, Bruiser Bedlam, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm

James Steele
11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Singles - United States:
Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, Sting, Lex Luger, Barry Windham, Nikita Koloff, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum T.A., Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, The Undertaker, Brian Pillman, Brad Armstrong, Dean Malenko, Joe Malenko, Dory Funk, Jr., Terry Funk, Ted DiBiase, Sr., Curt Hennig, Arn Anderson, Big Van Vader, Blackjack Mulligan, Shane Douglas, Sid Vicious, Danny Spivey, Mike Rotundo/I.R.S., Larry Zbyszko, Verne Gagne, Ricky Steamboat, Rick Rude, Blackjack Lanza, Gory Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Sr., Mando Guerrero, Hector Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero, Tully Blanchard, Tom Prichard, Tim Horner, Dick Murdoch, Masked Superstar/Demolition Ax, Pat Tanaka, Marty Jannetty, 2 Cold Scorpio, Maxx Payne, Kurt Angle, Sgt. Slaughter, Paul Orndorff, Jimmy Garvin, Ron Garvin, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Steve Williams...there's too much to name!!!

Singles - Canada:
Stu Hart, Jacques Rougeau, Sr., Emile Dupree, Al Tomko, Stan Stasiak, Don Eagle, John Tolos, Chris Tolos, Ron Garvin, Bronko Lubich, Jos LeDuc, Gene Kiniski, Bulldog Bob Brown, Kerry Brown, Dino Bravo, Brute Bernard, Chi Chi Cruz, Ivan Koloff, Killer Kowalski, The Spoiler, Skull Murphy, Raymond Rougeau, Jacques Rougeau, Jr., Michel Martel, Rick Martel, Whipper Billy Watson, Waldo Von Erich, The Beast, Leo Burke, Bobby Kay, Rudy Kay, Ron Hutchinson, Sweet Daddy Siki, The Missing Link, Smith Hart, Bruce Hart, Keith Hart, Ross Hart, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Bronko Nagurski, Angelo Mosca, Chris Benoit, Ben Bassarab, Roddy Piper, Biff Wellington, Phil LaFon, John Tenta, Paul Diamond, Kurrgan, Rambo, Frenchy Martin, The Stomper, Gama Singh, Jason The Terrible, Dr. Luther, Big Titan, Bruiser Bedlam, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm

http://adscam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bfa1853ef00e553f760178833-300wi

XL
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, some of those names are ridiculous.

For me, it's not as simple as Legend or not. Like within a wrestling company there are tiers. As much as I loved Bret Hart as a kid and as much as I respect HBK as an adult, and as much as I enjoy Jericho now, they simply are not on the level of a Hogan or Austin at this moment in time.

Hogan
Austin
Flair
--------------------
Taker
Hart
Michaels
Rock
Sting
Savage
--------------------
HHH
Jericho
Hennig
Guererro

Something like that. Of course, some of those guys could yet move up.

The Naitch
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
when they use you as a Legend in a WWE video game, then you're considered a legend

Rock, I would consider a legend (he's a WWE Legend locked character in one of the SD vs. RAW games), since he's been out of the game long enough and since it's apparent that he ain't coming back anytime soon

Rammsteinmad
11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry DLVH84, but I gotta agree with James Steele. You've pretty much taken the name of any Canadian (or American) wrestler that is over the age of 40 and passed them off as a legend. I mean, Jason the Terrible? Are you kidding me? What has this guy ever done to be considered anywhere near a legend? And Stan Stasiak? Come on seriously, who here can say that when they hear the name Stan Stasiak the first thing that comes to mind is his son, Shawn?

And the only Harts that belong anywhere near the title 'Wrestling Legend' are obviously Stu, Bret and possibly Owen. Bruce, Keith... etc... come on now. :lol:

James Steele
11-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Sorry DLVH84, but I gotta agree with James Steele. You've pretty much taken the name of any Canadian (or American) wrestler that is over the age of 40 and passed them off as a legend. I mean, Jason the Terrible? Are you kidding me? What has this guy ever done to be considered anywhere near a legend? And Stan Stasiak? Come on seriously, who here can say that when they hear the name Stan Stasiak the first thing that comes to mind is his son, Shawn?

And the only Harts that belong anywhere near the title 'Wrestling Legend' are obviously Stu, Bret and possibly Owen. Bruce, Keith... etc... come on now. :lol:

I dunno Ramm, The Stomper & Gama Singh are fucking worldwide icons.

XL
11-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey you bastards! Don't let logic or the truth get in the way of DLVH84 showing us his encyclopedic knowledge of wrestling!