PDA

View Full Version : Buffy The Vampire Slayer being rebooted

Blitz
11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Not the series. The movie.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2010/11/22/warner-bros-plans-buffy-reboot/

Today, Warner Bros. announced plans to remake 1992′s Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which gave birth to the much-loved Sarah Michelle Gellar-headed TV series (which we all still worship unashamedly).
While details are sparse, filmmakers claim the movie would not revisit the vampire slayer’s high school days, attempting instead to capture the “witty, tough, and sexy” heroine in a new way. The team behind the project includes Dark Knight producer Charles Roven and relative newcomer Whit Anderson. The movie could hit theaters in 2012 or late 2011, according to the L.A. Times.

Gonna be weird. Dunno. If Joss Whedon isn't involved then I feel like it's a bad idea.

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I have to agree, it's his creation and without him it wouldn't be the same.

Lock Jaw
11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Only way this has any chance at all of becoming ANYTHING is if they just take the concept and go the complete opposite way of the series, the old movie, and everything to do with vampires nowadays (Twilight Diaries).

Make it a "realistic" and "gritty" movie. Kind of like the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica.

But yeah, pretty ridiculous that this is happening at all.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I thought this got shelved already.

El Vaquero de Infierno
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't see the point to this at all. Yes, vampires are in vogue at the mo, but still.

whiteyford
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Only way this has any chance at all of becoming ANYTHING is if they just take the concept and go the complete opposite way of the series, the old movie, and everything to do with vampires nowadays (Twilight Diaries).

Make it a "realistic" and "gritty" movie. Kind of like the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica.

But yeah, pretty ridiculous that this is happening at all.

She'll have graduated high school thats bout it so far:nono:

Kane Knight
11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Can't be worse than the 90s movie.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Can't be worse than the 90s movie.

Director of the movie: "Challenge accepted!" :shifty:

Kane Knight
11-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Director of the movie: "Challenge accepted!" :shifty:

What, Uwe Bolle is directing it?

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
What, Uwe Bolle is directing it?

There are two Buffy video games for him to base a movie around.

Rammsteinmad
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Yay another remake/reboot!

Tommy Gunn
11-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I like the idea of it being gritty, and the complete opposite of Twilight. The TV series was cool back in the day, but it got a bit stupid that every vampire in Sunnydale knew karate.

El Vaquero de Infierno
11-30-2010, 10:56 AM
I like the idea of it being gritty, and the complete opposite of Twilight. The TV series was cool back in the day, but it got a bit stupid that every vampire in Sunnydale knew karate.

Don't all the vampires in you neighbourhood know kung-fu? The gay twinkly ones not included.

Londoner
12-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank god its not the tv series, lost interest in that after the 1st series. Couldn't care for the film.

parkmania
12-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Joss Whedon passed on writing the script for the new Buffy feature, according to a Hollywood Reporter story citing unnamed “studio insiders.” Whedon was offered the writing gig last year, according to the report, but turned it down to work on other projects, including Marvel’s Avengers feature.

Whedon, who wrote the original 1992 film, had some fun with the planned reboot when it was announced last week (see “Warner Bros. Rebooting Buffy”).

The studio leak about the Whedon offer was undoubtedly done to deflect criticism of the reboot from Whedon's loyal army of fans.