PDA

View Full Version : The best way to turn John Cena heel? (Warning!!! Includes profound ideas)

Jordan
11-28-2010, 12:28 AM
It is a fairly obvious statement to say that a lot of WWE fans especially the IWC are waiting for an eventual and perhaps up coming John Cena heel turn. One would think such an event has to live up to certain standards set by The Hogan, and Bret Hart heel turns in 1996 and 1997.

I have been struck with an idea, a plan, a storyline on what I believe would be the best way to turn John Cena from a mega over baby face to a despised heel. The idea is so preposterous that I am shock that I felt so good after creating such a plan. In truth, a plan that I thought I would never want to see. However after mulling the idea over for several minutes I quickly realized the only way to turn John Cena into a despised character is the biggest choice of all. Here is The Road to Wrestlemania...

John Cena returns on the condition of one thing. He must win the Royal Rumble an enter at number one.

Kane has lost the WWE title to Edge at TLC.

John Cena and Kane are the last in the ring before number 30 is announced. It's The Undertaker. Kane is so shocked and distracted he is thrown over the top by Cena, Kane and Taker never face off as Kane runs away in shock of The Undertaker.

The Undertaker is eventually tossed over the top by John Cena, and Cena goes to Wrestlemania to face the champion of his choice.

No Way Out, Cena settles his score with Wade Barrett in a one on one match and he wins. Kane and The Undertaker are the last remaining in a 6 man Elimination Chamber match and the Undertaker settles the score by making Kane tap out in the middle of the ring, proving he is the better man.

The next night on Raw a Super Main Event is announced, The Undertaker will go one on one with John Cena at Wrestlemania for the World Heavyweight Championship. The match is promoted for several weeks as the biggest dream match in Wrestlemania history, and two of the biggest icons in pro wrestling colliding on the grandest stage of them all. People hype the actual potential of the match because it's two faces, it stays sportsman like until... 3 weeks before Wrestlemania a press conference is held in Atlanta and Shawn Michaels has been added to the Main Event of Wrestlemania one more time, as a special referee for The Undertaker vs John Cena match.

Many questions are asked of Shawn as to if he can call the match fairly, if he is jealous of The Undertaker, if he still has something to prove to the Undertaker for costing him his career. Michaels stays constantly in a grey area, not delving into hate based promo's but insisting he will call it down the middle.

All the while the heel Michael Cole is insisting to the WWE Universe on Raw that Shawn will cheat to cost The Undertaker the match and be a part of ending the Undertaker's streak. He will put him down saying that he doesn't have what it takes to not be selfish and not steal the spotlight and not kill The Undertaker's legacy.

All the while... John Cena's been acting different and wrestling different. He hasn't cut a promo to the live crowd in a few weeks and he is wrestling very intensely and his matches are all squash matches. When he does do interviews he doesn't say to much, but expresses a lot ... a lot of fear. Jerry Lawler accuses Cena of maybe actually being afraid to face the Undertaker and become another victim of the streak. Cena also has confidence that Shawn will call it right down the middle, making him seem the odd man out because everybody at home will think HBK will do something, and so will the announcers and anybody else involved.

The match takes place, a wonderful well worked match with a lot of drama takes place. Eventually Cena, for the first time in nearly a decade cheats to win. He cheats and Shawn Michaels didn't do anything about it. And after the match he gives the Undertaker the "You Can't See Me" with the title on his face.

If you were going to turn him heel, what better way?

James Steele
11-28-2010, 12:57 AM
How would he cheat though? Is foot on the ropes good enough to make people hate him? Or would it be Stone Cold style and he just beats his ass with a chair for 5 minutes?

Droford
11-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Cena comes back at Wrestlemania to help Wade Barrett beat the Undertaker and then the next night they announce that the whole last 4 months was a rouse, how he hated having to come back as "Juan Cena" at house shows just to placate the stupid fans and how the WWE sucked without him on TV. Without John Cena, the WWE would have been out of business and all the wrestlers should be thankful he came back to keep food on their tables because they wouldnt be able to get decent jobs outside of the "WWE Universe, ie the real world".

BINGO

This is under the assumption that Cena really stays "fired" for the next 4 months.

Blitz
11-28-2010, 02:48 AM
MY GOD I SHOULD HAVE HEEDED THE WARNING, THESE IDEAS ARE TOO PROFOUND FOR ME!

I'M DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Rammsteinmad
11-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Wow... that was a pretty terrible ending.

You kinda had everything planned out, all these details etc, and then the end result is basically, 'they have a great match, and Cena cheats to win'.

:rofl:

Rammsteinmad
11-28-2010, 03:44 AM
The way I'd do it, since they've kind of hinted at it a couple of times now, is to have Undertaker face Wade Barrett at Wrestlemania. The usual hype goes into it, but what makes Barrett a huge threat is, of course, the Nexus.

As expected the Nexus get involved. The referee is down, Nexus members are running in. Undertaker is managing to fight them off, until Barrett gets back up and attacks him from behind.

At this point Cena comes charging into the ring, the usual 'heels retreat whilst the crowd pop' routine goes on, and then Cena gives the AA to Undertaker. Then Barrett with the Wasteland, maybe Gabriel with the 450... total huge beatdown Nexus style... cocky, arrogant cover... Barrett ends the streak and Cena aligns with the Nexus.

Nexus merchandise sales go through the roof.

JeremyTB29
11-28-2010, 04:06 AM
Have him molest a child, that would get him over as a heel. Or have him give a 10 year old the attitude adjustment.

owenbrown
11-28-2010, 04:26 AM
that's a horrible idea

Skippord
11-28-2010, 04:32 AM
this is definitely way too profound for me bro

Dirk Ziggler
11-28-2010, 04:37 AM
John Cena was fired

BizarroKing
11-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't think they're gonna have Cena join the Nexus unless he becomes the de facto leader.

MoFo
11-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Have him wear Benoit merch to the ring and shoot on dead wrestlers saying they suck ie Owen Hart.

Triple Naitch
11-28-2010, 11:24 AM
How is someone cheating a profound idea?

bigslimjj
11-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Cena-"Your hometown and or sportsteam sucks!".He could beat up lawler,Striker. Have him do everything opposite of Hustle,loyalty,respect a.k.a. Say your prayers,vitamins etc. (See n.W.o. Hogan)

Mr Amazing
11-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't think they're gonna have Cena join the Nexus unless he becomes the de facto leader.

he comes back as the higher power of nexus

Razzamajazz
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
when was the last time wwe was "realistic" and held a press conference?

Volare
11-28-2010, 12:00 PM
So what colors of the fucking rainbow is Cena going to come back with?

Volare
11-28-2010, 12:01 PM
when was the last time wwe was "realistic" and held a press conference?

Probably "Battle of the Billionaires" when Vince and Donald Trump did a press conference for WM23.

itsmeJD
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Imma go with Periwinkle....it's basic thugonomics...

Jordan
11-28-2010, 12:55 PM
True I did die out in the end of my idea. I felt that as I was writing it. I wrote the match out but felt it was too complicated.

The main idea is Cena does something dirty, a low blow or something and hit the FU for the finish. Afterward Taker sits up and Cena locks in STFU and HBK does nothing.

Stickman
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, how about we find a better idea.

Brigstocke
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
They could have him run down Stone Cold, that might work.

dhellova guy
11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Once again, Cena is NOT turning heal. It aint gunna happen. Book it.

However, since I do love the hypethetical, if he where to turn heel, this is how I would do it...

By all accounts Undertaker is out for an extended period of time, right? So ending his streak aint gunna be an option.

Have Cena stay off tv for a couple of weeks. During a Nexus interview, Michael Cole gets an e-mail, but it is not from the annonomus GM, it is from John Cena. He says that during the last few weeks he has been investigating Nexus, to find out there "Higher Purpose". Well, he has discovered who is pulling Barretts strings, and, thanks to the GM, he will be allowed back to Raw for one night only to reveal who it is.

This will coinside with the return of HHH. During Trips comeback speach, Cena comes back, and anounces that Hunter is the leader of Nexus, showing evidence, maybe like a photo of HHH & Barrett together or something. Cena claims that HHH wanted all the power for himself, and that the plan was to get Vince out of the way, for Barrett to win the title, and to drop it to Hunter. HHH denies all of this, but Vince comes out and takes Cenas side, even giving him his job back.

Over the next few weeks, HHH family starts to turn on him, starting with Stephanie. Everyone believes Cena, because he is the paragon of virtue. This leads to a match, which Nexus interferes, beats up HHH, and Cena wins, saying that it was he all along who wanted the power that HHH has.

Brigstocke
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Bloody good scenario that is dhellovafella.

Nicky Fives
11-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I would quit watching pro wrestling if Cena beats Undertaker at any Wrestlemania.....

Xero
11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
What if Cena beat Taker in one fall in a two out of three falls match?

James Steele
11-28-2010, 05:32 PM

However, since I do love the hypethetical, if he where to turn heel, this is how I would do it...

By all accounts Undertaker is out for an extended period of time, right? So ending his streak aint gunna be an option.

Have Cena stay off tv for a couple of weeks. During a Nexus interview, Michael Cole gets an e-mail, but it is not from the annonomus GM, it is from John Cena. He says that during the last few weeks he has been investigating Nexus, to find out there "Higher Purpose". Well, he has discovered who is pulling Barretts strings, and, thanks to the GM, he will be allowed back to Raw for one night only to reveal who it is.

This will coinside with the return of HHH. During Trips comeback speach, Cena comes back, and anounces that Hunter is the leader of Nexus, showing evidence, maybe like a photo of HHH & Barrett together or something. Cena claims that HHH wanted all the power for himself, and that the plan was to get Vince out of the way, for Barrett to win the title, and to drop it to Hunter. HHH denies all of this, but Vince comes out and takes Cenas side, even giving him his job back.

Over the next few weeks, HHH family starts to turn on him, starting with Stephanie. Everyone believes Cena, because he is the paragon of virtue. This leads to a match, which Nexus interferes, beats up HHH, and Cena wins, saying that it was he all along who wanted the power that HHH has.

Holy shit...that is fucking brilliant. It'd probably be "too" obvious towards the end but bloody good idea mate.

MoFo
11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I would quit watching pro wrestling if Cena beats Undertaker at any Wrestlemania.....

Y

XL
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM

OK. I'll buy into this idea if you can explain to me why the following happened if Cena was the guy behind Nexus all along...

1) Why did Nexus make a beeline for Cena?
2) Why cost Cena the Ttitle?
3) Then cost him his job?

From a kayfabe standpoint I mean.

Seems a long way round to go after a guy that was already out of the picture (HHH).

CSL
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I think the second Cena shows up on TV pointing the finger at another face, it would pretty much give it away and corner them into having only 2 options (Make the 'obvious' Cena turn or turn Triple H for the 372nd time, neither of which I'd see provoking the desired reaction) If that were the angle they were going to run with, I'd have somebody like Orton pointing the finger at Trips and when it comes time for the reveal, Cena shows out of nowhere for the swerve. Only if Nexus must be involved though.

If/when they turn him, it doesn't need to have anything to do with Nexus or anybody else. He has plenty of ammunition for some great promos and a great character foundation strictly off the simple premise of 'I gave you my all and you shit on me'. He could make a point of going after who he see's as being the top faces, 'the guys who put in half the effort I did but got all your love' etc etc.

CSL
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Off the top of my head, maybe have Nexus grow stronger, really start taking over RAW nWo style, set up some kind of blow off match down the line, similar to the Invasion. If Nexus wins, they gain control of RAW for however long, if WWE wins, Nexus are done.

Vince comes out of his coma, hype his 'return to RAW next week', get Linda, Steph and Shane on TV for the night, Nexus can wipe out the whole family except Vince who has to watch from his wheelchair or something. Set the match for a PPV, set the teams, have one of the WWE/RAW guys go down, Vince talks about 'knowing who can help' as one of the last segments or to close a RAW. Next week, Vince tracks Cena down in segments interspersed through the show, maybe shot handheld, footage of Vince driving himself (desperate times innit) the end segment is them getting hold of him, trying to convince him, Cena is non-committal. Build this to the PPV, Cena in different locations, never in the arena, different guys try to convince him, have some 'legends', HBK maybe etc, try to convince him, 'Will Cena help WWE?' being the basic tagline/build for the PPV.

PPV comes, speculation whether he'll be there or not etc, match comes, no Cena. He music can hit and he come in Hogan 96-style when WWE are down to their last man or something, we'll say Orton, onto the apron for the hot tag, clean house, basically win the match for WWE, make everybody think 'same old Cena'. As soon as the 3 is counted on presumably Barrett, Cena turns and wipes out Orton and maybe Triple H who's come back out, getting in his face, wondering what he's doing etc, the crowd wouldn't really have a clue what would be happening. Barrett gets back to his feet and Cena destroys him also and shitcans any other guys around.

Then have him cut his promo surrounded by bodies of faces and heels explaining how he's going into business for himself from now on, 'I gave you everything and some of your had the nerve to not even recognize that', 'I wasted my best years trying to satisfy everybody', how guys like Orton, Triple H and everybody took him for granted knowing 'John the good guy would always be there to bail them out' but at the same time he'd be 'damned if Nexus were going to kill the company', only person he hates more than 'the people' is Wade Barrett, if 'anybody is taking this away from the people, it's going to be me', blame the fans that really love him for not sticking up for him to everybody else etc etc blah blah blah, says he's going to destroy everybody they love one by one etc until they're forced to respect him or something.

Next night on RAW there is talk of him but no appearance until the last minute or 2 of the show, when he can show up and attack whichever face has just gone over in the main event and is celebrating, signalling that person as his first 'victim' and go from there.

Or something. Pretty much wrote that out 'on the fly' so if it doesn't make much sense or bits don't work for whatever reason, it's because I haven't exactly thought about it or fleshed it out.

Jeritron
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Having Cena turn heel by beating The Undertaker isn't a very profound idea, since it's been talked about, and a Cena/Taker Wrestlemania match is inevitable in the next couple years.

Plus snapping The Undertaker's streak is a heel turn by default. It's going to turn whoever does it into a mega-heel, whether the WWE plans it that way or not. It's pretty simple math.
And that's why I think WWE should never do it. It will label a wrestler, and may do more harm than good to their career. It would be a huge push at the time, but probably a black cloud on what would otherwise be a good career.
Only an established name like Cena could get away with that, but that also begs the question of why bother? He clearly doesn't need the rub.

It would be a massive occurence in wrestling, though, and tremendously interesting to see the fallout. I don't think I want it, but I'd certainly be open to it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-28-2010, 10:44 PM
What if Rey Mysterio disagrees that Juan Cena is a good thing and he comes to Raw to bitch at Cena. So, Cena goes "YOU'RE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MAHHH FRIEND!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Anybody Thrilla
I don't think Michaels would have been a heel if he snapped the streak cleanly, but there aren't really any HBKs left on the roster I guess.

Anybody Thrilla
dhellovaguy's idea sounds a lot like Tatanka and Lex Luger, for the record.

Mr. C
11-28-2010, 10:45 PM
All John Cena has to do is pull a Chris Jericho/CM Punk and turn his gimmick around on the fans, asking why they boo him when he’s loyal when they aren’t loyal.

Jeritron
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't think Michaels would have been a heel if he snapped the streak cleanly, but there aren't really any HBKs left on the roster I guess.

I think he would have been the first year. The second year was a little different because everyone knew it was likely his last match going into it.
Everyone kind of got behind him and the story because they didn't want to see him go. Plus he's HBK.
It was his swan song.

Cole actually had a great call during that match (probably from Vince) that highlighted that whole thing. "Nobody wants the streak to end. Nobody wants the career to end. Something's gotta give tonight."

dhellova guy
11-29-2010, 12:21 AM
dhellovaguy's idea sounds a lot like Tatanka and Lex Luger, for the record.

Damn, I knew I got it from somewhere...

Nark Order
11-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I think alot of you are going about this the wrong way, to be honest. I think it's been hammered down our throats time and time again that Cena isn't going to change his general view on life. He's all about loyalty, respect, and standing up for what he believes in. Him suddenly having some drastic attitude change wouldn't really make sense in the grand scheme of things. I would say that if Cena is going to turn heel, it's going to have to be in a scenario where he's passionately standing up for what he believes in, except for it's in a situation where the fans can't really get behind his cause.

CSL
11-29-2010, 11:18 PM
If wrestling was real maybe. Taker went from being dead to riding a bike and back again. Cena turning on the people is ready-made.

Cuzziebro
11-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Wait so The Undertaker is not actually dead? Does that mean Juan Cena is actually John Cena's cousin or not?

CSL
11-30-2010, 01:03 AM
No. That, like title matches, hardcore matches and garbage wrestling, is real.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2010, 02:01 AM
They can still get quite a lot of mileage out of John Cena as a face. Yes, a heel John Cena would be more interesting, and arguably better business for an older crowd, but they have a tested model in babyface "for the kiddies" Cena. I don't see that expiring until 2012, at the earliest.

The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett seems like a very likely WrestleMania match. During that match, Nexus all run down to the ring and try to help out Barrett, but Cena makes the save for him. Taker eventually pins Barrett with a Tombstone and the streak goes 19-0.

This starts a year-long build to Cena deciding that it is his turn to crack the streak. Perhaps Taker could even be the one who antagonises the feud, and says that he didn't need Cena to get involved in his business? But Taker vs. Cena becomes the "Lesnar/Taker" of 2011. They run into each other at PPVs and such. Around Bragging Rights is probably where you could have them interact in the ring for the first time, and from there it becomes more and more personal.

The match is confirmed for WrestleMania XXVIII in Toronto, and Cena borrows from Stone Cold Steve Austin's shtick and says that he must do this. He has been WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion and even won the Royal Rumble before. But he must beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Cena succeeds; because Taker should put over someone before retiring. Cena no-doubt gets the epic heat from it, and Cena points out that Taker asked for the match, and he beat him. Cena frankly says that he is sick of the bullshit, because he's proved he's the greatest of all-time. He gets Vince McMahon himself out to call Cena such, and they put him over as "The Greatest of All-Time," and Cena plays the corporate company man he has always been; but just as an on-screen character.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2010, 02:05 AM

Red and green.

Sixx
11-30-2010, 04:26 AM
He should go Jordan X on a bitch.

Jordan
12-01-2010, 01:01 AM
He should go Jordan X on a bitch.

Your so funny, a fag but funny.